wednesday's news 4th april includes west ham

An archive of Cockney Hammer's West Ham-related daily news digests from 2009-2015. For the latest daily digests, see the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

UptonHammer

Re: wednesday's news 4th april includes west ham

Post by UptonHammer »

Cheers CH :thup:
Los Martillos
Total likes: 1 like

Post by Los Martillos »

Cheers mate

:thup:

The OS is not a football stadium. End of. 100% support - bollox.

Anyone know where you can get a good pair of binoculars?
Trevor Montana

Post by Trevor Montana »

Aceface wrote:I started off genuinely excited about the move to Stratford, as I thought it would open up a new future for us. Then I was tentatively in favour. Then we got the rug pulled out from under us and I went back into the undecided column. Now, especially after having experienced this season, I think I'm finally in the 'no' camp. There's no guarantee we're going to be in the top division - sitting in a half empty stadium in the championship would be awful.

I really wish there was a way to make it work because in principle it's an exciting opportunity to change the trajectory of the club, but not owning it, and the running track being permanent, are two factors which just can't be dismissed.
I'm exactly the same, the thought of us having a 60,000 seater stadium in only 2 miles away from the current ground, with better transport links etc looks positive, on the face of it. However, the running track is the big issue for me - when I was in Berlin I watched Hertha play at the Olympic Stadium there. There was little atmosphere and in the upper tier you were miles from the pitch and didn't feel part of the match at all. If you look at other clubs - Espanyol, Juventus and Bayern Munich have all recently moved out of stadiums with running tracks because of the atmosphere. The only club that seem to make it work are Napoli.

It's ridiculous that Tessa Jowell etc weren't interested in us taking on the stadium when Eggy offered up the move, only to turn full circle and back us now as they realise that their sums didn't add up. £500m+ for a 25,000 seater athletics stadium used 4 or 5 times a year?! The best bet would have come to an agreement in 2006, put in the retractable seating and have done with it.
hammer2192

Post by hammer2192 »

Cambs Iron wrote:What is that thing to the left of the stadium above the roof? It seems to resemble the worlds craziest rollcoaster....

Everything Olympic is bent
I see it on the way to work, still have no idea what it is.
Believer
Has liked: 1389 likes
Total likes: 735 likes

Post by Believer »

Ticket 2 Ryde wrote:Thanks CH ...

This season is starting to leave a bitter taste... So much bad feeling throughout the club.
Supporters fighting fellow supporters . Fans booing the team.
BFS constantly dissing the club..
Karren Brady selling the OS to us like it's a energy drink... Not looking great! :think:
Absolutely bang on mate - couldn't have put it better. G&S really need to have a long hard think about this move. Regardless of whether or not "they" feel it is a good move and regardless of whether both and not just Gold are loyal supporters - they need to realise that they could potentially finish the club unless this is done right.
So far since buying the club they have got rid of a manager who kept us up, employed a buffoon, failed to sack said buffoon, bodged getting in MON, employed SA with the sole aim of getting us up. So far none of this has done us any favours barring the buying the club in the first place.

To have a manager calling us all deluded. A vice chairperson apparently lying about what went on in a confidential meeting and subsequently questioning whether or not we understand their plans is IMO skating on thin ice to say the least.

As supporters we have all been through the ringer somewhat over the last few seasons and although this is part and parcel of being a supporter, I think it is only fair that some form of courtesy in the context of treating us as adults and not "deluded" idiots who will believe any old cr*p cos they "don't understand"...!!
GaryP
Total likes: 71 likes

Post by GaryP »

rare as rockinghorse shat wrote:More reaffirmation that people really do lack the basic skills to read and fully decipher stories and detail.
:thup:

People are skip reading the story and then posting b*llocks.

100% of the fans who have actually SEEN the plans were behind it. None of US have seen them.
Hambrosia Stu

Post by Hambrosia Stu »

GaryP wrote:People are skip reading the story and then posting b*llocks.

100% of the fans who have actually SEEN the plans were behind it. None of US have seen them.
I strongly disagree.
I must have read that story 3 times in the Telegraph, viewed various other publications take on it, as well as the views of one or 2 on here who were actually present, before coming on here and posting b*llocks!

I fully understand what she is saying. But it seems to me she is, at best, stretching the truth, and at worst, lying, purely to big up her own agenda

Sure, you can find an argument to defend her statements. Sure, if 20 out of a group of 30 (for example) raise their hands in support, she could say that 100% of those who offered an opinion were in support, but it's a statement that doesn't get close to the fundamental truth of the matter

Seems like a lot of spin, and a fair amount of saying whatever she thinks will show her side of the argument in the best light, regardless of what the truth is

I just want the truth. But the feeling I get is that I'm being fed a load of spin....

Oh, and cheers as ever for the round up CH! :thup:
ageing hammer
Has liked: 484 likes
Total likes: 1475 likes

Post by ageing hammer »

Los Martillos wrote:Cheers mate

The OS is not a football stadium. End of. 100% support - bollox.

Anyone know where you can get a good pair of binoculars?

I reckon it will be like going to a 3 D flick. They will pass out the glasses to everyone entering the stadium and the stadium will be sponsored by Specsavers. Welcome to the Specsavers O.S. :lol:
cockney hammer
Resident badge expert
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 143 likes

Post by cockney hammer »

JerseyHammer wrote:Cheers CH.

As for today´s BOTD? Leave that to me

http://www.youhot.com/upload/Pictures/s ... blonde.jpg

EDIT: OS Ticket prices will skyrocket - they´ll have to supply a pair of binoculars with every seat judging by that photo!

do not like them to blonde legs not long enough hair the wrong colour not thin enough now you know what i have to put up with lol :wink:
Hammer Matty
Has liked: 52 likes
Total likes: 123 likes

Post by Hammer Matty »

Karren keeps banging on about this "world class multi use stadium" which could home multiple sports.. but I couldn't give two shits who it hosts, I only care about West Ham. It being multi-use does not make it any more appealing to me.
rciron
Has liked: 294 likes
Total likes: 16 likes

Post by rciron »

Cheers CH :thup: Everything in this country is bent, just like osbourne and his VAT on hot food, He cant get his head round the fact some uf us just wont buy any from now on, great for our lagging economy, you buffoon, meanwhile back at good old WestHam, Dick Dastardly,Mutley and Brady, rubbing their hands at copping their dough back by the imminent sale of the Boleyn, and gate receipts beyond their wildest dreams, shake off the "kings new clothes" syndrome to see it for what it is, the biggest costliest white elephant since the dome, needing millions in modification to make it remotely suitable for a football club with 60k seats and no **** innit, buffoons
10 Iron

Post by 10 Iron »

rare as rockinghorse shat wrote:I think I may be getting to the point of beyond caring.

Such is the way football has become, we'd just be lumped in with the rest of it.
What once set us apart - The Boleyn Ground, with it's closed in, intimidating, unique atmosphere - is now just an unhealthy cauldron of spite and negativity which is doing the club no favours.

Of course, I'd much prefer redevelopment of the current place to bring it up to 45,000, with terracing if and when it gets approved, or an injection of funds from a rich supporter to enable us to build a new purpose made stadium, but let's face it, it's all a pipe dream, isn't it?

Football has gone down the pan. The Boleyn is going down the pan. Seems not to matter where the **** we play. So a change of 'trajectory' as Aceface nicely put it, could be beneficial all round.

Just about sums up my feelings at moment. Going to do just away games next season and mix with my Local Rugby Club, Northampton, where its top quality European Rugby, half the price, 5 mins walk, you can still stand or sit , have a beer during game. have the banter with opposing supporters. No one ****'s with the ref, no diving by grossly overpaid prima - donnas.

PS See you at Barnsley
Side of Ham

Post by Side of Ham »

Hammer Matty wrote:Karren keeps banging on about this "world class multi use stadium" which could home multiple sports.. but I couldn't give two shits who it hosts, I only care about West Ham. It being multi-use does not make it any more appealing to me.
F*ck West Ham it's a business now that happens to be in the sports industry, the area of East London which West Ham United represents a small part would benefit very well if it was a multi-use stadium. West Ham's support is behaving like visitors to a place expecting a parking space reserved for them in a parking permit area, when they don't contribute anything at all to the local taxes.
cockney hammer
Resident badge expert

Post by cockney hammer »

As anyone who has ever listened to a 70s comedian or watched cheap bongo will tell you, mothers-in-law are a dangerous bunch. You'll get either a rolling pin wielding harridan or a perfume-doused vixen – all low-cut tops and hasty attempts at seduction in the kitchen. But what about the dangers of fathers-in-law: it's either Sunday afternoons spent in a kind of living death watching Formula One in an overheated living room or low-cut tops and hasty attempts at seduction in the kitchen. And Manchester City are finding out that fathers-in-law are very dangerous beasts indeed,

Yup, Sergio Agüero's father-in-law – one Diego Armando Maradona – wants the striker to do one from City, and he reckons Real Madrid will sign him up this summer. "[Aguero] has to play for Real Madrid," says Maradona in today's Mirror, slipping into a low-cut top and ghosting into Roberto Mancini's kitchen. "Even though he is flying at City, the best thing would have been to sign for Madrid. He made a mistake. If Madrid want someone, they get them. It's a question of convincing City – but not with money." What other ways are there than money? This is very sinister.

According to the Daily Mail, all foreigners are jus ... Sorry, that was the news section, let's flick to the back. According to the Mail, Arsenal's target of choice this summer will be Montpellier striker Olivier Giroud, valued at a rather tasty £50m according to the French club's owner, Louis Nicollin. Arsenal will put Marouane Chamakh, Nicklas Bendtner, Park Chu-young and Carlos Vela up for sale to fund the deal. Right, that's the first £6 taken care of, where's the other £49,999,994 coming from, Arsene?

If Arsenal have spare change once they've picked up Giroud, they'll enter a bidding war with PSG for Sunderland's Stephane Sessegnon. The starting price is £10m but seeing as PSG are stupidly wealthy, Arsenal may need to offer £40m, several Russian gas fields and three of Jupiter's moons (good ones too, not rubbish like Adrastea) to capture the winger.

Real Madrid's warships, Hubris and Over-Inflated Self-Worth have sailed up the Manchester Ship Canal and are preparing to starve out Man City in an attempt to capture Agüero's signature.

Alex McLeish is ready to overhaul Aston Villa with a summer clear out. Although unfortunately for Villa fans that clear out won't include Alec or mind-numbingly defensive football. First to go will be 84-year-old "forward" Emile Heskey. Beyond that, Alec gets a bit vague: "We have done a lot of diligence on players, it is just about picking the right ones," he said. "I don't think it is too appropriate to talk about players coming and going out though as I have to concentrate on these lads here and get everything out of them." So it's basically five defenders and a non-goal scoring striker then.

One of them could be Matthew Upson too. He's ready to do one from Stoke following a miserable season and is already familiar with the location of all the Bella Pasta outlets in the Aston area following his spell at Birmingham City. Southampton are also after him.

And finally in other defender news, Galatasaray are after Blackburn's Martin Olsson; Newcastle want Dutch pair Douglas and Erik Pieters, Alan Pardew can get them for £5m each or £9.99997m for the pair; and West Brom have had a £2m bid for Rangers' Steven Naismith rejected. We realise he's not a defender but we didn't know what else to do with him.
cockney hammer
Resident badge expert

Post by cockney hammer »

THE SUN: Wayne Rooney dreams of winning the Premier League in Manchester City's backyard. Also: Nigel De Jong has told Mario Balotelli to stop acting the fool. Also: Roberto Di Matteo last night warned his Chelsea players not to blow their chance of Champions League glory.

DAILY MAIL: Manchester City will resist any attempts by Real Madrid to take their record £38million signing Sergio Aguero back to Spain this summer.

DAILY MIRROR: Roberto De Matteo last night warned his Chelsea players not to wreck all their hard work by taking Benfica for granted. Also: Roberto Mancini's problems piled up last night as Real Madrid targeted Sergio Aguero. Also: John Aldridge has slammed Liverpool's alarming loss of form.

DAILY EXPRESS: Ramires claims Roberto Di Matteo has made Chelsea respected again and has helped them believe once more that they are great players in a great team. Also: Nigel De Jong has deepened the dressing-room rift that threatens to destabilise Manchester City's title bid by branding Mario Balotelli a fool.

DAILY STAR: Dopey Joleon Lescott sparked a medical panic at Manchester City last night. Also: Stand-in Chelsea boss Roberto Di Matteo last night told his players: Win me the job full-time.

THE DAILY TELEGRAPH: There are often casualties in a campaign and Chelsea midfielder Ramires last night suggested that Andre Villas-Boas's brutal departure from the club had led to a release of pressure which allowed the players to find "new confidence". Manchester City will resist all attempts by Real Madrid to lure Sergio Aguero from the Etihad Stadium this summer amid claims that the Argentina forward is unsettled in England and keen to move to the Bernabeu.

THE TIMES: Roberto Di Matteo has been hailed as the man who restored Chelsea's self-respect after the traumatic reign of Andre Villas-Boas. Also: Manchester City insisted yesterday that they have no intention of selling Sergio Aguero and have refuted suggestions that the Argentina striker is unsettled in the face of growing interest from Real Madrid.

THE GUARDIAN: Chelsea are looking to force a passage beyond Benfica this evening in to the semi-finals of the Champions League, where they would face Barcelona, the holders and conquerors last night of Milan

THE INDEPENDENT: The Chelsea midfielder Ramires said last night that the team had regained its "respect" after the departure of manager Andre Villas-Boas, as they prepare to reach the club's sixth Champions League semi-final in nine years in tonight's second leg against Chelsea. Also: Manchester City believe Real Madrid may be engaging in a deliberate campaign to unsettle Sergio Aguero and, with the future beyond this summer already uncertain for three of their strikers, the club will refuse any notion of the Argentine leaving for the Bernabeu.
cockney hammer
Resident badge expert

Post by cockney hammer »

THE SUN

Wayne Rooney dreams of winning the Premier League title in Manchester City's backyard.

Nigel De Jong has told Mario Balotelli to stop acting the fool.

Mike Ashley is locked in a war of words over the controversial renaming of St James' Park.

Furious Jose Mourinho has rubbished reports he is planning a summer swoop for Manchester City striker Sergio Aguero.

Jermaine Beckford is heading for the exit door at Leicester after a bust-up with Nigel Pearson.

Portsmouth striker Kanu has been offered the chance to finish his career with a mega-bucks move to Qatar side Al-Arabi.

Southampton boss Nigel Adkins is ready to save Matthew Upson from his Stoke misery.

Wrexham defender Nathaniel Knight-Percival has signed a pre-contract agreement with Peterborough.

Nigel Clough has offered Jamie Ward and Paul Green new deals at Derby.

DAILY MIRROR

John Aldridge has slammed Liverpool's alarming loss of form.

Roberto Mancini's problems mounted up last night as Real Madrid targeted Sergio Aguero.

Alex McLeish is waiting to learn the size of his transfer kitty as he starts a major clear-out at Aston Villa.

Newcastle are ready to go Dutch for two new defenders by swooping for left-back Erik Pieters and centre-back Douglas.

Matthew Upson is a summer target for Southampton.

Blackburn left-back Martin Olsson is a shock £3million target for Galatasaray.

Arsenal are set to rival Paris St Germain in a bidding war for Sunderland's Stephane Sessegnon.

Freddy Eastwood is willing to rejoin Southend on a free transfer from Coventry.

DAILY STAR

Joleon Lescott sparked a medical panic at Manchester City last night.

Manchester City were hit by a new blow last night after Diego Maradona told Sergio Aguero: Quit England for Real Madrid.

Andrea Orlandi says he wants to extend his Swansea contract.

DAILY MAIL

Manchester City will resist any attempts by Real Madrid to take Sergio Aguero back to Spain.

DAILY EXPRESS

Dutch midfielder Jens Toornstra could be tempted to join Swansea from ADO Den Haag.

Jermaine Beckford could be a high-profile casualty at Leicester following a row with Nigel Pearson.

DAILY RECORD

Brian Kennedy will only launch an eleventh-hour bid to rescue Rangers if Paul Murray's Blue Knights fail to win control of the stricken club.

A Singapore businessman hoping to be named the preferred bidder in the battle for Rangers does NOT plan to liquidate the club.
cockney hammer
Resident badge expert

Post by cockney hammer »

official site

manager on monday

http://www.whufc.com/articles/20120402/ ... 84_2709739" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
cockney hammer
Resident badge expert

Post by cockney hammer »

for ever west ham

Wembley joy for the Hammers?

West Ham Utd look set to make an appearance in the nPower Championship Play-off’s which are described as the biggest prize in football due to the mouth watering £60 million pound Premier

League sized reward waiting for the winner.

Do the Hammers stand a chance of being victorious? Let’s look at the potential opposition as it stands.

Birmingham: West Ham’s bogey side over the past few years will present a tough task. Giant striker Nikola Zigic saves his best performances for the visit of the Hammers. With only six away wins this season for the Brummies, West Ham will have to make the most of the inevitable rocking atmosphere at the Boleyn ground and build up a good lead in the home leg.

Blackpool: Eight goals have bulged Blackpool’s onion bag in the previous two matches against the Hammers. Confidence will be high against the Tangerines particularly because last time out we didn’t even need a keeper!

Brighton and Hove Albion: Experiencing a second wind after looking a force to be reckoned with at the start of the season, they will need to be watched especially their skillful striker Craig Mackail-Smith. Personally I think the Hammers have got what it takes to beat Brighton quite comprehensively.

So what is the verdict? In an ideal world beating Brighton first to set up a mouth watering Wembley final with Ian Holloway’s Blackpool side would be great. Avoiding Birmingham is important but if the Brummies stand in our way then revenge for our league cup knock out will the flavour of the day.

The pressure on West Ham will be intense during the play off’s but with the crowd behind them we are still, in my opinion, by far the most talented squad in the division and more than capable of taking our great club back to where we belong.

Disagree? Let me know @Dearemonster on Twitter
cockney hammer
Resident badge expert

Post by cockney hammer »

official site

papa prepared for promotion push

http://www.whufc.com/articles/20120404/ ... 84_2719373" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
hammerjohn

Post by hammerjohn »

Thanks CH,

I thought the OS move depended on our return to the Premiership..? No ?