thursday's news 5th april includes west ham

An archive of Cockney Hammer's West Ham-related daily news digests from 2009-2015. For the latest daily digests, see the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Side of Ham

Re: thursday's news 5th april includes west ham

Post by Side of Ham »

Cambs Iron wrote: The technique Sinclair used to pass that ball on purpose to Di Canio was far from a punt into the box.

Edit: Just watched it again and i advise you do aswell. So too pick you out on this but your very wrong. Foe passes it with the side of his foot to Sinclair who then looks up and plays a perfect ball to Di Canio.

BFS is turning out to be very different to what i thought.

Cheer CH
Wimbledon probably used great technique to punt the ball in at time, as to hit any a long distance pass directly to a player takes good technique, and i didn't know that the likes of Wimbledon didn't use the outside of their boots. Ask yourself one question which type of football does that goal relate to.... over everybody's head hoofball or ball on the floor free flowing pass through the opposition? Question it all you like it was a direct style football of goal with not a lot brainpower involved just physical technique, just like a well executed penalty can be.
trick88

Post by trick88 »

Before listening to the newspapers BFS official statement.. http://www.whufc.com/articles/20120405/ ... 84_2724322

Haaaaaaahhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa Upson!! :lol:

Cheers CH!!
Cambs Iron
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 14 likes

Post by Cambs Iron »

Side of Ham wrote:Ask yourself one question which type of football does that goal relate to.... over everybody's head hoofball or ball on the floor free flowing pass through the opposition?.
Neither. No 'hoof' is involved.
Canadianhammer

Post by Canadianhammer »

Reality check for Upson..... thinking West Ham didn't appreciate his talent....can't get a spot in the Stoke side....overpaid W@nker.

Sam had better curtail his rants and safe them for the shower. He's picking a fight he can't win. Silly boy......almost as if it's by design.... hmmmm :think:

Thanks CH.
Happy Easter everyone.
Chicken Run Supreme
Has liked: 855 likes
Total likes: 823 likes

Post by Chicken Run Supreme »

Cheers CH, as always.
hammer2192

Post by hammer2192 »

Our best goal ever was a punt out the back to the wing, who then punted it into the box which was sublimely finished off by DiCanio.
But if you look at other teams "best goal ever" it's very unlikley to be a 1 touch and pass move. It would be volleys and lobs.
STL Hammer

Post by STL Hammer »

trick88 wrote:Before listening to the newspapers BFS official statement.. http://www.whufc.com/articles/20120405/ ... 84_2724322
Wow, the papers are a load of **** aren't they?

Cheers CH!
Hammer Matty
Has liked: 52 likes
Total likes: 123 likes

Post by Hammer Matty »

Thanks CH mate :thup:
Kent-Hammer15

Post by Kent-Hammer15 »

Wish we got 500k for Upson! :lol: Thanks CH
simon hammer
Has liked: 963 likes
Total likes: 738 likes

Post by simon hammer »

Cheers C.H :thup:
rciron
Has liked: 294 likes
Total likes: 16 likes

Post by rciron »

Cheers CH :thup: Stoke = a tale of two c****,Pulis for buying him and yellow arsed 'Matty' He He
10 Iron

Post by 10 Iron »

ymcahammer wrote:Poor Sam the pressure is getting to him...

Seems to me as if he is looking for a way out
Side of Ham

Post by Side of Ham »

Cambs Iron wrote:
Neither. No 'hoof' is involved.
Ok..... was the goal a direct from our end to their end involving a minimum amount of passes in the Wimbledon mould or was it as we advocate at West Ham, free flowing passing football which eventually ended up opening the oppositions defence with a multitude of that passing and movement we teach at the 'Academy'? I mean this is why we don't mind losing 3-4 right?
Cambs Iron
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 14 likes

Post by Cambs Iron »

Side of Ham wrote:Ok..... was the goal a direct from our end to their end involving a minimum amount of passes in the Wimbledon mould or was it as we advocate at West Ham, free flowing passing football which eventually ended up opening the oppositions defence with a multitude of that passing and movement we teach at the 'Academy'? I mean this is why we don't mind losing 3-4 right?
Again it was neither and this is getting beyond the point i am making. It wasn't a 'hoof' from the back four or a free flowing 15 pass move. No 'punt' or 'hoof' was involved is what i have said. You are making the goal out to be a launch up left from our left back and Di Canio hits it in the net.
Side of Ham wrote:Our best goal ever was a punt out the back to the wing, who then punted it into the box which was sublimely finished off by DiCanio.
" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - No punt, hoof in sight.

I think we may be arguing different points :thup:
hammerjohn

Post by hammerjohn »

Thanks CH.. I am deluded.
Galwayman
Has liked: 4 likes
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by Galwayman »

Interesting.....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/olympics/17629661" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

West Ham's Olympic Stadium bid flawed, says Barry Hearn

By Dan Roan

BBC sports news correspondent

West Ham's latest bid to move into the Olympic Stadium is "fundamentally flawed" and should be disqualified, according to Leyton Orient chairman Barry Hearn.

West Ham have declared their renewed application to move from Upton Park after the collapse of their original attempt following legal challenges from Orient and Tottenham Hotspur.
The Championship club have applied for a 99-year lease of the stadium, but Hearn is now demanding the bid is rejected on a technicality.

"I am 100% certain that West Ham do not have the permission of the Football League, a fundamental criteria of the bid process" Hearn told the BBC.

"The Olympic Park Legacy Company [OLPC] have no choice but to disqualify them."

In December 2011 the OPLC listed certain minimum requirements for bidders, including "governing body consent".
According to the OPLC's Invitation to Tender document: "Each bidder who proposes content of a sporting nature must have written confirmation from the relevant governing body that the said governing body supports fixtures being played at the stadium..."
Hearn believes West Ham failed to meet that condition by 23 March, the deadline for bids.

"We have now, through our lawyers, written to the OPLC, asking if this clause was satisfied as we believe it wasn't, and we've asked for West Ham's bid to be disqualified" he said.

Leyton Orient are challenging the legality of the Premier League's decision last year to allow West Ham to move to the stadium on the basis it failed to take into consideration the adverse effect on Orient.
West Ham were relegated last season.

"I think they've relied on a Premier League letter saying that they're quite happy," said Hearn.

"But the Premier League are irrelevant because West Ham are now a Football League club, of which we're also a member. So we're looking for our rights to be upheld.

"I don't think the Football League have made any ruling on this at all. The case would be heard by the league's board. It makes West Ham fundamentally flawed in their bid process."

"The OPLC has constantly moved the goalposts, but this is one where they've really put a noose round their own neck. If they move the goal-posts again, Leyton Orient will once again seek a judicial review against them."

Leyton Orient themselves considered moving to the Olympic Stadium, but withdrew on the basis that it was "not fit for football".
Hearn fears West Ham's move to the 2012 stadium, which will be converted into a 60,000-seater venue after the Games, will jeopardise the League One club's future by tempting fans away from Brisbane Road.

"We're totally opposed to West Ham taking occupancy of the stadium," said Hearn.

"My mind boggles at the problems they will give us. It would be extremely harmful to Leyton Orient.

"All the shenanigans over the stadium have gone on for years and years and years. It's fundamentally flawed in design. They should knock it down and start again."

West Ham face competition from three other bidders.

The club told the BBC: "West Ham United has submitted a bid to play matches at the Olympic Stadium from 2014. The rules of the competition impose duties of confidentiality which all bidders must abide by and therefore we make no further comment."
A spokesperson for the London Legacy Development Corporation said: "We have said all along we would not be commenting on what is a confidential process."

The Football League declined to comment.
FloridaHammer

Post by FloridaHammer »

Thanks Mate
splott

Post by splott »

Interesting train of thought from Hearn . I suppose if he has stated the rules correctly then the Football League will have to get involved,but there again if we get promoted then that particular rule will be void I reckon. Hearn is proving to be the WHU anti OS lobby best form of attack at the mo methinks. COYI stick it to Barnsley tomorrow. :crest:
Side of Ham

Post by Side of Ham »

Cambs Iron wrote:
I think we may be arguing different points :thup:
Oh are we, well my argument is that our best goal ever was straight from BFS book of get it into the box asap and not one from the West Ham way of pass and move through the opposition. You've got the same delusion with West Ham as the media has with any goal scored by Brazil.
kayahammer
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by kayahammer »

Barry Hearn = annoying little c%#t

Journo's turning a story from an article with a headline "Sam Praises Fans" to their lies "Sam hates all West ham fans" = scum

CH for providing the news every day = Top Man :thup: