saturday's news 30th june includes west ham

An archive of Cockney Hammer's West Ham-related daily news digests from 2009-2015. For the latest daily digests, see the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

hammerjohn

Re: saturday's news 30th june includes west ham

Post by hammerjohn »

:thup: Thanks CH fine work today

Sorry in a way to see Freddie go, he had so much promise that lad.
BillUp
Location: If God wanted us to play football in the clouds, he would have put grass there. Brian Clough.
Has liked: 1 like

Post by BillUp »

Scottish Football League clubs, who may be asked to vote on whether Rangers should start next season in the First Division, have been told placing the Ibrox club in Division Three would take £16m out of the game in Scotland. (Various)
So what happens if lets say Aberdeen was to be liquidated? Would they be afforded the same treatment? I cannot see how one team can be treated differently to all the rest. They have to be put in Division 3, and send a warning shot to any club feeling the urge to dodge the taxman.
rciron
Has liked: 294 likes
Total likes: 16 likes

Post by rciron »

Cheers CH :thup: BOTD luvverly jubbly, best of luck Freddie Sears
window74
Location: 5000 miles away in NC & yet only minutes away from Wembley!
Has liked: 669 likes
Total likes: 8 likes

Post by window74 »

[quote="Tommy Taylor's Jockstrap"]cheers ch

chucking it down in purley, nice botd

Just starting the second week of two in Skiathos and as I type at 12.21 local time it's already 33 degrees - not that I'm rubbing it in, like...

Cheers CH...

Cheers CH, always an invaluable source of info mate!

Not too rub it in either, but should be 105 again here today in NC! :wink:
simon hammer
Has liked: 961 likes
Total likes: 738 likes

Post by simon hammer »

Cheers C.H :thup:

Modibo Maiga? Know nothing about the bloke, but he's foreign with a fancy name so I suppose that makes him automatically brilliant. Can't see what's wrong with Grant Holt tbh...at least he's proven he can score goals in the Prem and indeed every other division as well. I guess if he was Grant Holtandio then he too would be automatically brilliant!
Doctor Mopp
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 11 likes

Post by Doctor Mopp »

BillUp wrote:
So what happens if lets say Aberdeen was to be liquidated? Would they be afforded the same treatment? I cannot see how one team can be treated differently to all the rest. They have to be put in Division 3, and send a warning shot to any club feeling the urge to dodge the taxman.
Whilst I totally agree with the sentiment, Scots football is light years behind England in terms of finance and the loss of £16m could well see many clubs and, therefore, jobs put at risk. I think it is very likely to transpire that this situation will be resolved with Rangers going into the First Division, which would be another shining example of how football is becoming a business that has an element of sport attached, rather than a sport with an element of business attached.
Kitt the car
Has liked: 13 likes
Total likes: 155 likes

Post by Kitt the car »

Thanks CH