tuesday's news 3rd july includes west ham

An archive of Cockney Hammer's West Ham-related daily news digests from 2009-2015. For the latest daily digests, see the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

cockney hammer
Resident badge expert
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 143 likes

tuesday's news 3rd july includes west ham

Post by cockney hammer »

the mail

JEAN ALAIN BOUMSOUNG

Panathinaikos to West Ham
THE INSIDER says: 3/5

Lyon have announced Lloris is for sale at the right price after a sparkling career at the Stade de Gerland. He has been there four years and has now decided he wants a bigger challenge. The 25-year-old has been rated one of the best in Europe for some time now and was courted by Tottenham and AC Milan when he left Nice for Lyon in 2008. Arsenal are reputedly willing to offer £12m for him and there is no doubt Arsene Wenger is an admirer but other clubs are thought to be ahead in initial talks. Liverpool have been linked but they have yet to receive an offer for Pepe Reina from AC Milan while Tottenham will again be interested as they replace Brad Friedel.

Boumsong suffered a torrid time at Newcastle which damaged his reputation in the game. Fingers were pointed at a lack of understanding in his partnership with Titus Bramble and he left to rebuild his career. The 6ft 3ins centre-back did a decent job with Juventus and Lyon before moving to Greek club Panathinaikos where he has become a cult favourite. However, due to the Greek financial crisis he is now available on a free transfer and West Ham will be among his options as he eyes a return to England. They are struggling to nail down targets with Sporting Gijon's Alberto Botia and Spurs' William Gallas among their alternatives.

clubcall

Danish ace linked

West Ham boss Sam Allardyce has joined the chase for prolific FC Copenhagen striker Dame N'Doye after giving up on Grant Holt.

Allardyce has given up on the Norwich City striker as his price is too high but is now hopeful he can grab the 26-year-old Senegal international N'Doye, who has scored 59 goals in 104 appearances over three years in Denmark.
Reading are ready to launch a bid for the player and both Everton and Newcastle are interested in the striker whose contract runs out at the end of next season.
Allardyce has been a long term admirer of the player and a source said: "With the Holt deal dead, Sam has been very much involved in the N'Doye situation for a couple of weeks."
It's understood that co owner David Sullivan pulled the plug on a Holt deal when a £5million offer was rejected, believing that their are younger and equally good players available who represent better value.
Allardyce always wants to play with a big man up front and needs a player who can give Carlton Cole a rest which is why he is so keen to make this his priority signing.
Meanwhile, defender George McCartney returned to the club for the third time over the weekend declaring: "I couldn't be happier at being back."

football italia

West Ham want Stankovic

Despite pledging his future to the club at the end of last season, Dejan Stankovic is the latest Inter man linked with an exit this summer.

The Nerazzurri are undergoing a period of transition this summer as they look to freshen up the playing staff as well as reduce a still sizeable wage bill.

Brazilian defender Lucio rescinded his contract on Friday, whilst goalkeeper Julio Cesar and forward Diego Forlan have also been linked with departures.

Stankovic is the latest who is said to be heading for the door, as West Ham reportedly consider a move for the 33-year-old.

Sky Sport Italia reporter Gianluca Di Marzio is suggesting that the newly-returned Premier League outfit, who were paired with Clarence Seedorf last week, are interested in the Serbian international.

Inter are believed to be open to handing the midfielder over to the London side, but a stumbling block may come in the €2.5m salary that Stankovic is currently on.

West Ham have also been linked to young forward Luc Castaignos, who is another assured of leaving San Siro this summer.

west ham till i die

A Few Morsels To Chew On...

* James Tomkins has been selected for the GB Olympic football squad
* Serbian midfielder Dejan Stankovic is said to be subject of a £2.5 million bid from West Ham
* A renewed joint bid to Crystal Palace is apparently being made for Zaha and Clyne
* Yakubu has signed for a Chinese outfit.
* Former Newcastle & Juventus defender Jean Alain Boumsong is said to be West Ham free transfer target from Panathanaikos
* Sporting Gijon's Alberto Botia and Spurs' William Gallas are among the alternatives, according to the Daily Mail
* Abdou Kader Mangane, the Senegalese international is said to be taking a medical at Upton Park this week. Rennes are keen to offload the midfield hitman.
* Scott Duxbury, Gianfranco Zola and Gianluca Nani are reunited at, er, Watford.
* West Ham are now at their training camp in Austria.

Juventus are preparing a bid for Liverpool striker Luis Suarez in a player plus cash deal.

Daily Mail

Robin van Persie is set to hold talks with Arsenal this week after the club rejected an £8m bid for the 28-year-old from Juventus.

Daily Mirror

Tottenham are lining up a £10m bid for 22-year-old Chelsea striker Daniel Sturridge.

The Metro

Arsenal are poised to make a £12m bid to sign France goalkeeper Hugo Lloris, 25, but face competition from Liverpool and AC Milan.

talkSPORT

Although, according to reports in Liverpool, the Reds are not interested in the Frenchman.

Liverpool Echo

Liverpool are considering a move for Newcastle striker Demba Ba, 27, who is available for only £7m because of a clause in his contract.

Daily Mirror

Chelsea are set to bid £4m for Southampton left back Luke Shaw. The 16-year-old came through the ranks at St Mary's and made his first-team debut in the FA Cup at Millwall last season.

Daily Mail

Manchester United and Chelsea target Axel Witsel, 23, could be available this summer after Benfica signalled their intent to sell the Belgium international, although only for a fee in the region of £20m.

talkSPORT

Steven Naismith, 25, is ready to snub West Ham and Blackburn by signing for Everton, as he seeks a move away from Rangers.

The Sun

Former Chelsea boss Andre Villas-Boas will be unveiled at Tottenham boss on Tuesday.

Daily Mirror

Spain goalkeeper Iker Casillas asked the referee to end the Euro 2012 final early out of respect for their opponents, Italy.

babe of the day

http://www.bravoerotica.com/playboys-al ... s-1/01.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
El Hierro

Re: tuesday's news 3rd july includes west ham

Post by El Hierro »

cheers ch
westham,eggyandchips
Has liked: 1978 likes
Total likes: 1465 likes

Post by westham,eggyandchips »

Thanks CH.
Los Martillos
Total likes: 1 like

Post by Los Martillos »

Cheers CH :thup:

Watford - oh dear
the oldham stripper
Duke Nuke 'em
Location: for 25 years I've lived with fear. i sometimes wish I'd never met her

Post by the oldham stripper »

Yakubu has signed for a Chinese outfit.

thank f*** for that

ta ch :thup:
Chicken Run Supreme
Has liked: 855 likes
Total likes: 823 likes

Post by Chicken Run Supreme »

Cheers CH, as always.

Congratulations to Tomkins, well deserved and let's hope he doesn't pick up an injury
Gabriel

Post by Gabriel »

Cheers CH.

Well done Tomkins.

What are West Ham going to do when all the African players we are supposed to be signing go the the African cup of Nations?
JBs Caravan

Post by JBs Caravan »

And then they dont return after the tournament,cos they continue chilling :thdn:
The Gibbins
Maggot infested twat
Total likes: 10 likes

Post by The Gibbins »

Cant believe the way Sean Dyche is being treated at Watford. I thought he done a remarkable job last season, and i was expecting them to go down. He even had to sell his best player in January, its absolutely bizarre. I think he even turned down an interview this summer to stay loyal to Watford..
west ham15
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by west ham15 »

Kitt the car
Has liked: 13 likes
Total likes: 155 likes

Post by Kitt the car »

cheers ch
MattHammer83

Post by MattHammer83 »

Some interesting rumours there, is it just me or are we trying to sign the entire Senegal national squad? Not an issue i guess, at least they'll know each other and be able to gel quickly. On the other hand what happens when they all go to internationals? We put out the youth squad I guess.
window74
Location: 5000 miles away in NC & yet only minutes away from Wembley!
Has liked: 669 likes
Total likes: 8 likes

Post by window74 »

Gabriel wrote:Cheers CH.

Well done Tomkins.

What are West Ham going to do when all the African players we are supposed to be signing go the the African cup of Nations?
This is my concern as well! We already have Demel & Diame who would be away & it looks like Mangane may be our next signing! Surely Big Sam has considered this problem! So it does beg the question as to how much truth there is in these rumours!
simon hammer
Has liked: 961 likes
Total likes: 738 likes

Post by simon hammer »

Cheers C.H :thup:

Boumsong? "Cult favourite" makes me shudder whenever I hear it as it mostly means "rubbish player, but loved by the fans" a-la Tomas Repka.

Dame N'Doye? 59 goals in 104 appearances sounds good...until you read the next bit - "over three years in Denmark" where the quality is hardly on a par with the Prem.

Stankovic? 5 years ago yes...now no.

Castaignos? Who?

Mangane? If he's any good, why are Rennes keen to offload him?

Well done Tomkins for being selected for the Olympic Squad though...thoroughly deserved recognition for some outstanding performances last season.
Muddy
Has liked: 12 likes
Total likes: 27 likes

Post by Muddy »

Cheers CH.
rciron
Has liked: 294 likes
Total likes: 16 likes

Post by rciron »

Cheers CH :thup: Well done JT, just been caught looking at BOTD, tried to shut the browser, but it shut kumb instead, and left the bird, thankfully CH one of the more tastefull snaps of late!
Philosophical Dan
KUMB's campest cyclist
Location: 10 PRINT "Philosophical Dan is Skill! "; 20 GOTO 10

Post by Philosophical Dan »

Boumsong? You have got to be kidding.

Stankovic? Yes please.
Post Horn Gallop

Post by Post Horn Gallop »

I reckon I can score 59 goals in 104 games in the Danish league and I'm 72
hammerjohn

Post by hammerjohn »

I just love the speculation, it's just brilliant...

Although I really don't see us signing any big names tbh.

Thanks CH sterling work for team KUMB :crest:
Hambrosia Stu

Post by Hambrosia Stu »

Good man CH :thup: