friday's news 20th july includes west ham

An archive of Cockney Hammer's West Ham-related daily news digests from 2009-2015. For the latest daily digests, see the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

cockney hammer
Resident badge expert
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 143 likes

friday's news 20th july includes west ham

Post by cockney hammer »

the sun

Torr war

WEST HAM, QPR and Blackburn aare in a fight to sign £2million-rated Getafe star Miguel Torres.

The former Spain Under-21 right-back, 26, said: “English football is a paradise for any player. I believe my sporting future will be there.”

the mail

Target: Douglas (left) could be moving to London

Fulham and West Ham launch bids for Twente defender Douglas

Fulham and West Ham have made offers for FC Twente defender Douglas.

Newcastle had a £3.2million offer for the 24-year-old rejected last week.

Douglas will gain Dutch nationality next month, allowing him to play in the Premier League without a work permit.

Chelsea and the filth are also tracking the youngster

clubcall

Orient eye Olympic ground-share

Leyton Orient chairman Barry Hearn would rather share the Olympic Stadium with West Ham than F1 after this summer's London Games.

Hearn has opposed the Hammers' attempts to move into Orient's 'patch' in Stratford as he believes it would lead to the demise of the League One club.
But he is now ready to accept a compromise - suggesting that Orient could be joint-tenants with the Hammers - rather than as had been suggested as part of an ambitious bid by Formula One.
Fulham were the last top-flight club to ground-share when they moved into QPR's Loftus Road while Craven Cottage was redeveloped between 2002 and 2004.
Hearn believes, though, that AC Milan and Inter Milan at the San Siro, and Roma and Lazio at the Stadio Olimpico, provide examples of it working successfully.
"We have submitted plans for us to take occupancy of the Olympic Stadium and work our fixtures around any other tenants, and I would share the stadium with West Ham in a heartbeat," Hearn told ESPN.
"My Martin Luther King moment is that I, too, have a dream, and rather than West Ham put us out of business it is to let us have the Olympic Stadium. The real legacy, the real intention of a legacy is to allow the east end clubs to prosper.
"If AC Milan and Inter Milan can share the San Siro, I cannot see the problem of ground sharing in this country. Our plan is to have a football-friendly, vibrant stadium. The legacy for this stadium is better suited to that idea, surely?
"If they give it to West Ham alone, it would put us out of business. If we can have the stadium, it can help us invest in the team and aim to become a Championship side
Hearn dismissed the idea of a Grand Prix being staged at the site, adding: "I am sure [F1 chief executive] Bernie [Ecclestone] has a clever scheme but F1 cars whizzing around and inside the stadium, I don't think so. Cars going through the Olympic Park, again I doubt it."

east anglian times

TRANSFER RUMOUR: Paul Jewell reignites interest in West Ham’s Sam Baldock

IPSWICH Town have enquired about the possibility of taking West Ham striker Sam Baldock on a season-long loan, with a view to a permanent deal next year.

And we understand the forward is keen to join Paul Jewell’s side rather than sit on the sidelines as Hammers boss Sam Allardyce looking elsewhere for firepower.

Baldock was first mentioned in connection with the Blues in May – even before West Ham gained promotion via the play-offs.

Since then, the striker has actually impressed in pre-season, scoring in three consecutive friendlies.

But his chances of being a Premier League success at Upton Park were hit this week when the Hammers signed Mali international frontman Modibo Maiga for £5 million.

Baldock might sit tight for a while – with fellow striker Ricardo Vaz Te demanding a hike in wages after shooting the Hammers into the Premier League.

But Jewell is monitoring the situation surrounding the 23-year-old very closely and is ready to pounce with divisional rivals Charlton also showing interest.

tyne time

Sam Allardyce moves to hijack Newcastle United’s bid for defender

During Sam Allardyce’s tenure at Newcastle United, he signed Alan Smith, Mark Viduka, Claudio Cacapa, and Joey Barton name a few. To say those signings turned out to be quite disappointing acquisitions – Jose Enrique aside – would be putting it very mildly indeed. Now however, Allardyce seems to be taking his targets from Newcastle United’s scrapbook. A couple of days ago, West Ham United announced the signing of Modibo Maiga – a player that was hours away from signing for NUFC, only for our medical team to pull the plug on the move after concerns of a thigh injury. Big Sam saw no risks, and signed him up long-term with the hope the Malian can fire them to safety.

In the last week – West Ham have also shown serious interest in brining Andy Carroll to Upton Park on loan with the view to a permanent £15m deal in the summer. Andy didn’t fancy a move to London though and any potential bid dwindled.

Try and try again does Sam, with his latest transfer bid being for a certain Douglas, the FC Twente Brazilian born defender. NUFC have been linked with the CB the last year and finally submitted a €4m bid for his services, a bid they are still waiting to hear back on. West Ham have reportedly also matched that amount, as well as Martin Jol’s Fulham who have been advised by their recent recruit from Twente, Bryan Ruiz.

With Steven Taylor coming back to fitness by the day (he trained with the team in Munich today :) ) and Colo raring to go – it’s tough to see where Douglas fits in, straight away at least. Apparently he’s a long-term replacement for Coloccini, but let’s be honest – we need defensive recruits as our array of centre-backs in particular isn’t very pleasing on the eye.

Ideally, we need two sets of CB’s. Taylor and Colo first choice; Williamson and Douglas second choice would appear to be what we’re aiming for, with Douglas establishing himself as a first teamer within 1-2 years, he is only 24 years of age remember so plenty of time to adapt.

Going back to the headline – somehow I can’t see Allardyce winning this race or any of his races for that matter, but I could be wrong. I know I certainly don’t want to lose this fella to West Ham, I’m not sure about you!

forever west ham

Hammers looking to the sign the lower league, Balotelli?

Nowadays versatility in footballing terms is deemed as a central defender who can also fill in as a defensive midfielder. However in our recent trialist Bilel Mohsni we have someone with real versatility – a defender who can play as a winger and also a striker.

With the release of Abdoulaye Faye and Julien Faubert and end of Danny Collins’ loan, our defensive and wide options look a little light. So quite rightly Sam has started looking at options with Bilel Mohsni coming in on a trial this week and his first appearance lined up against Colchester United at the weekend.

So what do we know about Mohsni? Well he was born in July 1987 and grew up in the Les Ulis district of Paris and is of Tunisian/French descent. He was still playing French amateur football until 2 year ago when instead of signing for CM Aubervilliers he joined Southend United after being on trial.

He made his professional debut in the League Cup against Wolves and his league debut against Bradford. He impressed in his debut season and due to injuries to strikers was asked to fill in up front and scored 2 in his first match in this position. He was the subject of a rejected £250k bid from Blackpool in January 2011.

He again showed his versatility last season when he started the season up front scoring a number of goals including a 35 yard goal against Northampton. He was then utilised in his defender role then converted to a midfielder/winger for a lot of the remainder of the season. He ended up scoring 18 goals in 54 appearances in total for Southend.

Yet his versatility isn’t his only discernible characteristic he’s an emotional player who is prone to he has lapses discipline. This has seen sent off three times in the last two years, travelled home on his own by train from an away game on one occasion and return home with a club director instead of on the team coach on another.

He has been dubbed a lower league Mario Balotelli and has made a number of appearances in the local press discussing his actions famously stating in the Southend Echo “I can understand people think I’m mad and crazy because I sometimes look back at videos of myself in games and think the same – but I’m not crazy, I’m just me”. He looks to be what every Premiership team needs – a creative, versatile, emotional, wildcard with a eye for goal!

But what do you think? Can he make the big step up from League 2 to the Premiership? Will Mohsni make it back to the team bus from the Colchester

game? Let us know.

west ham till i die

Hammers Bid to Sign Douglas!

West Ham have made an offer for FC Twente centre-back, Douglas, following the Dutch club's rejection of Newcastle Utd's £3m bid last week. The Geordie interest in the player has been known for some time, although they appear to have taken an inordinate amount of time to follow up on it. It seems that the rejection of their offer has now sparked West Ham in to submitting an alternative bid. However, West Ham are not alone in their interest, apparently Fulham are also keen to acquire the defender..

Although Brasilian by birth, Douglas will gain Dutch nationality next month, allowing him to play in the Premier League without a work permit. So, that would be one very large obstacle to a deal out of the way.

It seems that the story about West Ham's interest in Southend Utd utility man, Bilel Mohsni is perfectly true. The Frenchman, who has been training with the Hammers since Wednesday, is to be included in West Ham Development Squad for the pre-season friendly against Grays Athletic on Friday night. For those that wish to attend, the match will be played at the Rush Green Stadium, with a 7.45pm kick off. While the first team squad head off to Colchester on Saturday for their next schedued pre-season fixture..

Regardless of his sharpness in pre-season, the strong rumours persist that Sam Baldock is due to exit he club this summer, whether on a season long loan or a permanent deal. Possible suitors include Crystal Palace, Bristol City and Ipswich Town. Personally, I would like to see Baldock given his chance at PL level, but failing that, loan him out to a decent Championship side like Paul Jewell's and monitor developments. if, as alleged in some quarters, it is a case of Sam Allardyce wanting to move the player on, then a permanent exit is probable. It would be a very disappointing and premature end to Baldock's time with the club, but at the end of the day, Allardyce is paid to make these decisions! And he will be criticised if he gets it wrong. Although previously lamented exits by the likes of Stanislas and Hines have not exactly come back to haunt him, so perhaps we should just trust his judgement?

Finally, it seems that some supporters are playing a guessing game of 'who are the two defenders.' Twitter sources have stated that deals for two defenders are at an advanced stage. If true, who are they, Simpson, Ba, Olsson, Dann? As always, we must wait to see?

SJ. Chandos.

Real Madrid president Florentino Perez has revealed the Spanish giants will not pay more than £27m for Luka Modric, 26, despite Spurs revealing they will let the Croatian leave for £35m.

Daily Mirror

Tottenham want £35m for Luka Modric

Spurs are eyeing Spanish midfielder Santi Cazorla, 27, as a replacement for Modric should the Croatian leave White Hart Lane.

talkSPORT

Tottenham have also begun negotiations to bring Lyon and France goalkeeper Hugo Lloris, 25, to White Hart Lane but the move has stalled as the French club are demanding £16m.

Daily Mirror

Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger will send his scouts to watch Brazilian midfielder Ganso, 22, in their London 2012 warm-up game with Team GB on Friday.

Daily Mirror

But Wenger will refuse to sell star striker Robin van Persie, 28, to rivals Manchester United.
the Sun

However, Arsenal have lined up Spanish striker Fernando Llorente, 27, if Van Persie fails to sign a new deal with the club.
Emmanuel ­Adebayor

­Adebayor spent last season on loan at Spurs

Daily Mail

Chelsea are set to land another Hazard this summer as they look to sign Eden's younger brother Thorgan, 19, from Lens.

Metro

Tottenham have been challenged by Emmanuel ­Adebayor's advisors to improve their contract offer to the Manchester City striker.

London Evening Standard

Barcelona striker David Villa, 30, has marked his return to training after a lengthy lay-off with injury by leaving keeper Jose Manuel Pinto with a bruised arm.

Metro

KEVIN PHILLIPS is re-thinking his decision to retire next summer.
Follow The Sun on Twitter

The Blackpool striker, 39 next week, said in May that he would be hanging up his boots after one final campaign.

But Phillips admitted: “I’ve had a little re-think since then. I’ll certainly make a decision around February time.”

SUNDERLAND lost 1-0 to Seongman in the Peace Cup after Everton Santos’ shot beat Black Cats keeper Simon Mignolet.

babe of the day

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_yORvlwq7uAo/S ... -shaun.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Jarvo
Total likes: 1 like

Re: friday's news 20th july includes west ham

Post by Jarvo »

cockney hammer wrote:"If AC Milan and Inter Milan can share the San Siro, I cannot see the problem of ground sharing in this country.
Is Barry Hearn really comparing us and Leyton Orient to AC and Inter? :lol:

Cheers for the round up CH
Willtelll

Post by Willtelll »

I don't very often mention this but I am an avid reader of your daily slot CH and appreciate your efforts on our behalf but....babe of the day!!!

I hope she's not Mrs CH because although she may have a lovely personality hardly up to the mark CH.
El Hierro

Post by El Hierro »

Cheers CH
WCpete
Has liked: 1404 likes
Total likes: 3070 likes

Post by WCpete »

BOD. :shock:
Al the Dog

Post by Al the Dog »

Ahhhh leave BOTD alone, she is some mothers daughter, although I doubt if she is someones wife.

Then again if it wasn't for big ugly units like her I would still be a virgin. :D

Thanks for your efforts CH.
Last edited by Al the Dog on Fri Jul 20, 2012 7:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
ageing hammer
Has liked: 484 likes
Total likes: 1475 likes

Post by ageing hammer »

BOTD there goes me honey nut cornflakes on screen you crafty git CH :lol:

You will catch dozens with this today, would love to have a cam on all their faces to see the reactions
Last edited by ageing hammer on Fri Jul 20, 2012 7:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
w4hammer
Location: ..my heart says... West Ham.. my head says ...West Ham
Total likes: 3 likes

Post by w4hammer »

cheers CH. I cant imagine what you had to wade through to give us THAT BOTD!
mitford

Post by mitford »

Not as much as you would if you were to have a go on it :lol:
Denbighammer
Has liked: 697 likes
Total likes: 431 likes

Post by Denbighammer »

Bearry Hearn is a total prick.

Cheers CH. :thup:
Ticket 2 Ryde

Post by Ticket 2 Ryde »

Thanks CH...

BOTD :thup:
west ham15
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by west ham15 »

Cheers CH :thup:
Kitt the car
Has liked: 13 likes
Total likes: 155 likes

Post by Kitt the car »

Cheers CH
Essex bill

Post by Essex bill »

My girlfriend's eventually made it to BOTD. 8-)

Cheers CH.
Adie64
Has liked: 463 likes

Post by Adie64 »

Thanks CH, :thup:
Hambrosia Stu

Post by Hambrosia Stu »

Denbighammer wrote:Bearry Hearn is a total prick
Not much needs adding to that. Maybe the word deluded... What a farqing tosser that bloke is

Cheers CH :thup:
Chicken Run Supreme
Has liked: 855 likes
Total likes: 823 likes

Post by Chicken Run Supreme »

Cheers CH, as always.
Kent-Hammer15

Post by Kent-Hammer15 »

Cheers CH
simon hammer