sunday's news 22nd march includes west ham

An archive of Cockney Hammer's West Ham-related daily news digests from 2009-2015. For the latest daily digests, see the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Post Horn Gallop

Re: sunday's news 22nd march includes west ham

Post by Post Horn Gallop »

Defoe back, great, but youve got to get the ball to his feet and at the moment we haven't got the creativity in midfield for that.
Muddy
Has liked: 12 likes
Total likes: 27 likes

Post by Muddy »

Cheers CH.
Defoe, please, and give Nobles a new contract.
hammerjohn

Post by hammerjohn »

Well done CH thanks again :thup:

Noble deserves his contract, Little Judas coming back to West Ham... hmmmmmm well he is a goal scorer and we all know how good he can be...

But.... Maiga going AWOL last season.... ???? and we signed this Looney with a dodgy knee !!
It's the West Ham way !
The Rebirth
It's all about the confidence

Post by The Rebirth »

LOL why would you want Defoe back here? Not that'll happen...

What is with our ex-players? They left for whatever reason and none of them did it gracefully... Defoe (transfer request on the day of relegation), Yossi (verbally agreeing a contract then walking) and Etherington (gambling problems which the club supported him on and he didn't put in any effort)

No thanks...

As for the shirt deal... how long do we have with SBOBET? we seriously need to sort that one out and I'm sure G&S and Brady are looking for decent sponsors for when it expires.
Last edited by The Rebirth on Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mumbles87
Has liked: 55 likes
Total likes: 935 likes

Post by mumbles87 »

PrinceH wrote:Mumbles: that's pretty stupid to say. Noble, as well as Tomkins, has been with us since they were small kids, and are more Hammers than anyone of us ever will be. Just because we have bought à good player you are ready to ship à really good player, who in many ways is all what the Academy is about... Ridicule... I'd hope to see Noble continue to grow, and get old, like à Giggs, in à Hammer shirt. If he himself wants to move on is à different matter, but as long as he is in or close to the first 11, we should take care of our own players and be proud of them. Not just to see them as products whatsoever...
Sears was one of our own

as was hines..

would you of given them a contract just for being hammers?
mumbles87

Post by mumbles87 »

The Rebirth wrote:LOL why would you want Defoe back here? Not that'll happen...

What is with our ex-players? They left for whatever reason and none of them did it gracefully... Defoe (transfer request on the day of relegation), Yossi (verbally agreeing a contract then walking) and Etherington (gambling problems which the club supported him on and he didn't put in any effort)

No thanks...

As for the shirt deal... how long do we have with SBOBET? we seriously need to sort that one out and I'm sure G&S and Brady are looking for decent sponsors for when it expires.
What about Julien Dicks? he left and came back
The Rebirth
It's all about the confidence

Post by The Rebirth »

mumbles87 wrote:
What about Julien Dicks? he left and came back
POOR POOR example.

Did Dicks do any of the above I mentioned? did Tony Cottee?

Dicks for instance was a legend 4x HOTY and was passionate about our club and still is.

Cottee was sold at a time when our board always had the £ signs in their eyes. £2.2m? do you blame them? did he ask to leave?
m-h

Post by m-h »

Cheers CH.

Tomkins and Collison got new contracts (although with the same agent as Nolan and Allardyce).

Lets hope the club gets Noble's sorted as well, sooner rather than later. Will need all the players to be 100% focused on the football.
mumbles87

Post by mumbles87 »

[quote="The Rebirth]

POOR POOR example.

Dicks for instance was a legend 4x HOTY and was passionate about our club and still is.

Cottee was sold at a time when our board always had the £ signs in their eyes. £2.2m? do you blame them? did he ask to leave?[/quote]

hardly a poor example

Always good to go back if the players are worth it

I would welcome defoe back. he was young and badly advised but to put it bluntly the guy scores goals. What more you need? if the price is ok.. go for it

yossi would be the spark and creative player people keep banging on about. he did nothing wrong.. liverpool came in for him.. at the time they were going places he wanted a better chance .. and to play champs league.. fair play to him

etherington even tho I love him i agree.. i think he would be bad to come back as its just inviting him back to his demons.....

George is a good one we sold him and got him back.. I wouldnt say its a bad thing.

Your point you made was about whats with this going back to old players...

sometimes its warrented
Coops
Has liked: 444 likes
Total likes: 574 likes

Post by Coops »

The Rebirth wrote:
POOR POOR example.

Cottee was sold at a time when our board always had the £ signs in their eyes. £2.2m? do you blame them? did he ask to leave?
Wasn't Cottee quoted in the paper as saying something along the lines as he wanted to go to a club where he would win something before going to Everton?
richiepap

Post by richiepap »

March?

And Van Persie is 28?? I have no idea why I find that so surprising.

Would love Defoe back.

Thanks CH :thup:
whitechapel hammer

Post by whitechapel hammer »

Bobby Orangeboom wrote:
To say we're missing a trick here, as are the rest of these Clubs, just show how poor Premier League football clubs are actually run. :thdn:

How can some Clubs in the same League, with the same exposure, be earning 2,000% more than us, Clubs like ****ing Sunderland ?

I can understand the Liverpool's, Man United's etc earning 20m, for sure, but i can't understand us earning around 1m from a shirt deal, that's pathetic.

Fulham for example earn 400% more on their Shirt deal than we do.
Sunderland seems a bit strange that they have such a good deal, not sure how they have managed it. Fulham however have been consistently in the Premier League for over a decade, they have been in the UEFA Cp final, have had good managers and some top class players. We are a team that were battling relegation the year before we went down and were in the championship last year, that's 3 years where we have not been very good to say the least. Why would anyone want to give us 4 million to be on our shirt?
cockney hammer
Resident badge expert
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 143 likes

Post by cockney hammer »

sky sports

Hammers still looking at duo

Bilel Mohsni: Southend defender appeared in the second half of West Ham's friendly win over Colchester

West Ham United are hoping to take former Sheffield United forward Colin Kazim-Richards and Southend United defender Bilel Mohsni on the club's pre-season trip to Germany.

Kazim-Richards, who is currently on the books of Galatasaray after a loan spell at Olympiakos last season, and Mohsni have been training with the Hammers for the last few days.

Turkey international Kazim-Richards played the first half of the 2-1 friendly win over Colchester United on Saturday, while the versatile Mohsni appeared in the second period.

The pair will be given another opportunity to impress after assistant manager Neil McDonald confirmed the players are set to travel to Germany.
Boost

"Colin did all right," McDonald told the club's official website. "He's been training with us for a few days and he's going to come with us to Germany, so we'll have a good look at him there.

"Our first impressions are that he's not too bad.

"Bilel has been in for a couple of days as well and I think he's going to come to Germany as well.

"We're having a good look at players to try to complement the squad and boost it up, so we will see how that goes."

The Hammers are scheduled to play Rot-Weiss Erfurt, Dynamo Dresden and Energie Cottbus during next week's trip to Germany.
cockney hammer
Resident badge expert

Post by cockney hammer »

caught offside

White Hart Lane forward set for Upton Park return?

JERMAIN DEFOE is in line for a return to West Ham.

The Tottenham striker is fast becoming the hottest property of the summer – with a host of Premier League clubs keen to sign him.

Defoe rarely featured in the closing months of Harry Redknapp’s reign.

And new Spurs manager Andre Villas-Boas hasn’t given the forward any assurances over his future.

Defoe, 29, is high on Allardyce’s shopping list – and has a proven record as a Premier League goalscorer.

The striker spent five years with the Hammers before moving to Spurs in 2004.

He is understood to be keen to stay in London, which would give the ­Hammers an edge in any talks.

This would be something of a surprise. West Ham fans will not have forgotten the manner in which Jermain Defoe left the Hammers to join Tottenham back in January 2004, having stated his intention to leave Upton Park the previous summer soon after the East London side were relegated from the Premier League.

The pint sized striker still gets a fair bit of abuse from West Ham supporters when he returns to his old stamping ground so to now hear that Sam Allardyce is interested in buying the forward is a little hard to believe.

That isn’t to say that the 29 year old couldn’t be of use to West Ham, indeed he could, just that a move back to West Ham would be something of a long shot.

Allardyce is looking to beef up his attack and has targeted a number of possible additions and the capture of Modibo Maiga from Sochaux will assist in this process.

Tottenham may well listen to offers for Jermain Defoe, but probably not before Andre Villas-Boas brings in further attacking signings of his own, as the White Hart Lane side are very short of options in attack and are still to complete a deal to sign Man City striker Emmanuel Adebayor on a permanent basis.
cockney hammer
Resident badge expert

Post by cockney hammer »

vital west ham

Nolan Injury Scare

It`s not something we really need is it!

On the verge of continuing up our Premier League status the possibility is there that we may have to start the 2012/2013 campaign without our captain.

Over at Colchester United yesterday, Nolan was involved in a challenge with the ex-Hammer Freddie Sears that saw Nolan come off the worst.

Nolan was forced to leave the field of play just five minutes into the game and didn`t come back on, sustaining a damaged toe, prompting our assistant manager, Neil McDonald to remark,

"It is very sore and we can only hope it is just bruising and nothing is broken."

It doesn`t bare thinking about starting the campaign without one of our leading lights does it!

Read more: http://www.westham.vitalfootball.co.uk/ ... z21MD0ycNJ" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
MarylandHammer
Location: on the freedom bus to nowhere city. And we haven't even told our parents what time we'll be back.

Post by MarylandHammer »

Nolan got hurt from a clash with Freddie Sears????
:shock:
Last edited by Up the Junction on Sun Jul 22, 2012 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Large, unnecessary quote removed.
Chicken Run Supreme
Has liked: 855 likes
Total likes: 823 likes

Post by Chicken Run Supreme »

Cheers CH, as always.
hammerjohn

Post by hammerjohn »

That is hilarious... Nolan V Sears eh :wink:

Sears been working out then ??
Bobby Orangeboom

Post by Bobby Orangeboom »

whitechapel hammer wrote: Why would anyone want to give us 4 million to be on our shirt?
That's a question WH that Karen Brady or our Commercial Director would answer better than i would i'm sure so...................

====

http://www.isportconnect.com/index.php? ... Itemid=150" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

With the news that Tottenham Hotspur and Middlesbrough struggling to find suitable shirt sponsors for the new season, how important is it for West Ham that the club has a deal with SBOBET until 2013?

Obviously we are very proud to have SBOBET as a main sponsor and again it comes back to the last question about long-term commitment, where most brands now talk about ROI, you can’t get that unless you invest long-term into a partnership with drive and activate a partnership. Your fans know what that means; the only way to get your message across is by investing a continued message into the same fan base.

So for us it’s great, obviously we’ve got a commitment from SBOBET, who play a huge role in the gaming industry. I can’t speak on behalf of Spurs or Middlesbrough. It comes down to location, it comes down to the league they play in, it comes down also to the club strategy and vision, and you have to align that with various brands and which brands might buy into that.

Spurs are now in the Champions League, and are a big London club with a big, loyal fan base, and they’ve just done a deal with Autonomy. I mean the market is tough, let’s not kid ourselves, there is a lot of choice out there for brand directors, and clubs have to be more astute about how they approach them and how they tell their story.

=====

Premier League status >> Olympic Stadium SHOULD = A very prestigious Shirt Sponsorship deal for next Season and the powers that be NEED to make sure that's done.
warp
Location: I am everything about this site which is wrong... i don't give a toss about WHUFC.

Post by warp »

defoe? and to play where, exactly?