sunday's news 12th may includes west ham

An archive of Cockney Hammer's West Ham-related daily news digests from 2009-2015. For the latest daily digests, see the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Hammer Sandwich

Re: sunday's news 12th may includes west ham

Post by Hammer Sandwich »

cockney hammer wrote:hs have just done a lot of new babe of the day wait untill monday's mind you a bet a lot do not like her this is one of the best ever!!!

press ctrl and the plus sign on your keyboard and it make the picture larger
Waaaaaaaaahhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyy ! :P
cockney hammer
Resident badge expert
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 143 likes

Post by cockney hammer »

Andy Carroll - can Newcastle get him back?

Andy Carroll Now More Likely To Rejoin Newcastle

Newcastle will probably come to the conclusion in the summer that we have too many foreign players, and in particular too many French players, it would seem to only intensify their move to bring local striker Andy Carroll back to Tyneside.

There is news in the Sunday Mirror today that Andy would like to return to Newcastle, and would be willing take a cut in wages to achieve that move.

Andy is on over £80K/week at Liverpool, and he will not get those wages at any other club, and he would need to stay at Liverpool and be on the bench under Brendan Rodgers – if he wants to keep earning those wages for the remaining three years of his contract.

Andy would probably be offered a decent wage by his local club, and certainly Newcastle could match what West Ham would offer him.

But the wages are not the problem – it’s the fee that Liverpool want – said to be as much as £17M – for a player who has scored 7 goals in 22 appearances for West Ham and 11 goals in 58 games for the Reds.

But the combination of Newcastle struggling against relegation this season (what a strain that’s been), and too many French players in the squad, could make Newcastle even more determined to bring their local striker back to Newcastle this summer.

And if we survive, Newcastle will try to get two strikers on Tyneside, with Loic Remy also being a target of the Magpies.

Having both Loic Remy and Andy Carroll at the club for next season would be great – but why is it that we just don’t think that’s going to happen?

What do you think?
Galwayman
Has liked: 4 likes
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by Galwayman »

cockney hammer wrote:Go raibh maith agat CH....

i take you have been on the sauce :lol:
It only means 'thanks'.... hic - sauce? me? never....
cockney hammer
Resident badge expert

Post by cockney hammer »

had a rough idea it was i was palying with you mate :D
Galwayman
Has liked: 4 likes
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by Galwayman »

:clap:
cockney hammer
Resident badge expert

Post by cockney hammer »

Winston salutes Big Sam effect after fans vote him best Hammer
Winston Reid with his player of the year trophy Winston Reid with his player of the year trophy

Winston Reid believes Sam Allardyce has played a big role in transforming him from expensive flop in to a reliable Premier League defender.

Reid capped a successful year for himself and West Ham this week by picking up the Hammer of the Year award - a prize voted for by supporters of the east London club.

Despite an excellent season in the Championship, question marks surrounded Reid’s place in the Hammers’ first team last summer following the return of James Collins from Aston Villa.

After all, Reid’s first year at West Ham under Avram Grant had gone terribly. The Israeli shunted Reid, who had signed for £3million from Midtjylland in 2010, to right back in a 3-0 debut defeat to Aston Villa and he never recovered in a season which ended with relegation.

Allardyce moved Reid back to centre-half during West Ham’s season in the Championship and the 24-year-old has improved to the point where the club handed him a new two-year contract last week to stave off reported interest from Newcastle.

“The manager has been great,” Reid said.

“The manager puts faith in me when he picks me to play, tells me to go out there to do my best and do what I can do best for the team. So that is good for me.

“He knows all about being a defender. He talks to all of us and gets across what he thinks will help us, so that is good for all of us.”

Reid has muscled James Tomkins out of the Hammers team this term and has made 35 appearances in total.

And he was delighted to beat the likes of Andy Carroll, Kevin Nolan and Mark Noble to the player of the year award this week.

“It is quite an accolade to be named Hammer of the Year,” he said.

“I think every single player tries to do their best for the team and I do the same. As an individual, it is nice to pick this award up and it’s special because it’s voted for by the fans.

“They are the people who are backing you or us as a team week on week.

“I have played more games in the last two seasons I have been here, so they have seen me play more now, but there has been great support since day one here.”

Allardyce has followed Reid by committing his future to the club, with co-owner David Gold revealing today the boss had signed a new two-year deal.

The Hammers travel to Everton tomorrow and the Merseysiders will be out to give David Moyes a good send off in his last home game in charge, but one player in particular who will be looking to spoil the party is Hammers striker Andy Carroll, who is on loan from the Toffees’ local rivals Liverpool.

After a slow start, Carroll’s form has started to pick up of late, taking his tally to seven goals for the club.

Speculation that he wants to return to Liverpool next season persists, but Reid hopes the towering striker stays at Upton Park beyond the summer.

“Of course we want him to stay,” Reid said.

“He is a top player, a good lad around the place.

“Andy has settled in well here and is part of the team and has been part of the good season we have had, along with the rest of the team.

“He seems happy and is playing well, scoring goals and is obviously delighted to have got past the injuries and is playing.”
Adie64
Has liked: 463 likes

Post by Adie64 »

Thanks CH as always. :thup:
COYI lets have a win today & spoil Moyes' s farewell!
Geordie Hammer
Has liked: 7 likes
Total likes: 13 likes

Post by Geordie Hammer »

Cheers CH

Seasons not over and silly season begins. Bored of the AC rumours already!!
cockney hammer
Resident badge expert

Post by cockney hammer »

Rio Ferdinand is a target for seven clubs from around the world.
QPR's £9m flop Esteban Granero has been thrown a lifeline by Real Betis.
Jason Koumas is set to return to Tranmere after two years out of the game.
Mark Schwarzer is no closer to signing a new contract at Fulham.
Rene Meulensteen will have showdown talks over his Manchester United future following Sir Alex Ferguson's decision to retire

Arsenal are ready to put to the test Manchester United's claim Wayne Rooney is not for sale.
David Moyes has told Bill Kenwright - give my job to Phil Neville.
Manchester City are closing in on a deal to sign Malaga and Spain winger Isco.
Liverpool have tried to steal a march on the Manchester clubs by making a move for Lille left-back Lucas Digne.
Dean Whitehead wants a new contract at Stoke
Steve Clarke is facing a summer battle to keep Claudio Yacob at West Brom.

Roberto Mancini turned on his Manchester City bosses for failing to back him after Wigan pulled off a stunning FA Cup final upset.
Wayne Rooney believes he is being forced out of Manchester United after details of a training ground summit were leaked.
Roberto Di Matteo will be a leading candidate to take over at Fulham if Martin Jol leaves in the simmer.
Paris Saint-Germain have offered David Beckham the chance to extend his stay in the French capital.
Rafa Benitez has revealed he'd like to stay in the Premier League next season.
David Moyes has recommended Malky Mackay and Roberto Martinez as potential successors to him at Goodison Park.
Moyes is hoping to persuade Jimmy Lumsden to perform a U-turn on his decision to retire and join him at Old Trafford.
Tottenham are making a £10million move for FA cup final star James McCarthy part of their summer spending spree.
Bolton boss Dougie Freedman could sell Matt Mills to fund a move for West Brom's Craig Dawson.
Liverpool have held talks over signing young French defender Lucas Digne.
Hull want Burnley goal machine Charlie Austin to fire them to Premier League safety.
Birmingham are out to beat Burnley to the signing of Motherwell goalkeeper Darren Randolph.
QPR are ready to sign Southampton right-back Frazer Richardson.
Newcastle have made their move for Loic Remy - even though the French international snubbed them in January.
Sheffield United want talks this week with Motherwell manager Stuart McCall.
Wigan striker Arouna Kone can leave the club - if someone activates his £6.5million release clause.

Sir Alex Ferguson is set to sign off his career with one final triumph - picking up the LMA Manager Of The Year award.
Newcastle face a battle to keep hold of their stars with AC Milan chasing Tim Krul, Spurs and Liverpool monitoring Ben Arfa and Arsenal targeting Yohan Cabaye.
Jose Mourinho has lined up German midfielder Sami Khedira to follow him to Chelsea.
Tottenham have made Christian Benteke their number one summer target.
Reading winger Garath McCleary is expecting a summer exodus following relegation.

New Manchester United boss David Moyes is facing his first big clash - dealing with wantaway Wayne Rooney.
Martin Jol last night declined to rule out the prospect of succeeding David Moyes at Everton.
Chris Kirkland is snubbing interest from Premier League-bound Hull to stay with Sheffield Wednesday.
David Beckham is weighing up a second season with Paris St Germain.
Mladen Petric wants to quit Fulham this summer and head back to Germany.
Marc Bircham is a surprise candidate to replace Kenny Jackett at Millwall.

Roberto Mancini missed out on lifting the FA Cup yesterday and now faces being sacked in the next two weeks.
Fulham are set to beat Newcastle to the £2million signing of midfielder William Vainqueur from Standard Liege.
cockney hammer
Resident badge expert

Post by cockney hammer »

Geordie Hammer wrote:Cheers CH

no news from up your way mate??
Shaftsbury Rd

Post by Shaftsbury Rd »

cockney hammer wrote:anyone know who babe of the day is ta :D
Bea flora
hemelite

Post by hemelite »

cockney hammer wrote:anyone know who babe of the day is ta

Cheers CH :thup:

BTW She is a Polish lass called Bea Flora
Geordie Hammer
Has liked: 7 likes
Total likes: 13 likes

Post by Geordie Hammer »

Geordie Hammer wrote:Cheers CH

cockney hammer wrote:no news from up your way mate??
Nowt. My mate at the Chronicle is hearing all sorts of things...all conflicting. "He's happy at WH" "He wants to come home" "He wants to go back to Liverpool" "His people have been flat hunting in the NW"
cockney hammer
Resident badge expert

Post by cockney hammer »

thanks sr
cockney hammer
Resident badge expert

Post by cockney hammer »

ta gh
bspur1

Post by bspur1 »

Snudge wrote:Oh do **** off Paolo. If you was that 'devastated' you wouldn't have acted such a **** that season.
he has certainly taken to the :arry: mangment style. Blame others

Short memory you have paolo, from memory you where our most talented player and it was your **** attitude that played a big part in our downfall.
James P
Has liked: 28 likes
Total likes: 175 likes

Post by James P »

Paolo Di Canio wrote:"It was a bitter experience for me. I was devastated. I never imagined I would have a moment like that at West Ham with so many talented players. I was devastated for everyone, but some of the players did not care,"
What a ****! He cared so much he spent most of the winter in Italy in his clothes shop. What a great captain.
hammer
Strangely fascinated with Bonehead's arse.

Post by hammer »

:kumb: cheers cockers (©AGxM) Image
ageing hammer
Has liked: 486 likes
Total likes: 1491 likes

Post by ageing hammer »

Thanks CH today's banner with Billy Bonds is the best ever and your name appearing together with Billy is the icing on the cake, the two best legends at West Ham together. :thup:
cockney hammer
Resident badge expert

Post by cockney hammer »

ageing hammer wrote:Thanks CH today's banner with Billy Bonds is the best ever and your name appearing together with Billy is the icing on the cake, the two best legends at West Ham together. :thup:

all banners done by xander if you need any work done he is your man