sunday's news 12th may includes west ham

An archive of Cockney Hammer's West Ham-related daily news digests from 2009-2015. For the latest daily digests, see the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

cockney hammer
Resident badge expert
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 143 likes

sunday's news 12th may includes west ham

Post by cockney hammer »

STICKING AROUND ... Sam Allardyce

West Sam

SAM ALLARDYCE has ended speculation about his future by signing a two-year contract extension.

Allardyce’s previous deal was due to expire at the end of the season.

Co-owner David Gold said: “I am delighted to announce that our manager Sam Allardyce has signed a new two year contract.”

Big Sam, 58, last year led the Hammers back into the top flight and is on course for a mid-table finish this term.

Allardyce this week revealed that his deal had been held up by legal “jargon”.

He said on Friday: “There were processes we had to go through and put it together in the right way, which it has now.

“I never thought there would be any problem — and there hasn’t.

“There has been some issue with the legal jargon in the contract which I couldn’t understand so that has to go to both sides’ lawyers to agree and then it gets signed.

“The size of a manager’s contract is pretty substantial in terms of responsibilities.”

great news

Fergie's retirement no surprise to me

MEN buy football clubs for an assortment of reasons — ego, popularity, investment, loyalty. And a few do so because they believe football in certain towns and cities gives people a sense of belonging.

Hull chairman Assem Allam is one of this rare set. He is an Egyptian who saved the club from going down to League One by spending £27million to prevent administration.

And he did so because he was grateful to the Humber city for providing him with the opportunity to create a giant manufacturing company.

That’s called putting something back in and his reward today is promotion back to the Premier League.
SUN, MAY 5

UNTIL today, Man U were the only club without a red card against them in this Premier League.

Sir Alex concluded long ago that you don’t win trophies with 10 men on the pitch or half-a-dozen serving time. So over the years he has noticeably cracked down.

His league record is destroyed today with a retaliatory kick by Rafael on Chelsea’s mickey-taking David Luiz.

Ferguson goes nearly as purple as he went when Nani was sent off against Real Madrid. Watch the blood pressure, old chap.
MON, MAY 6

FUNNY old day. Someone in Hollywood wants to make a movie of my life. Answers on a post card who should play me? My husband, recently deceased, said Roseanne Barr, so be careful.
TUES, MAY 7

THE calls start to come in the early evening from across the world of football informing me of the strong rumour that Sir Alex will announce he is retiring tomorrow.

This is not news to me, nor should it be to you as, in this diary before Christmas, I told you he would be retiring at the end of this season.

My thoughts turn to Lady Cathy. What will she do with husband Alex once he’s retired? It’s a thought that crosses the minds of millions of women when they hear their husband is going to be at home a lot more in future.

Famously, 11 years ago in persuading him not to retire she said: “When he’s under your feet, it’s a nuisance.”

The mere idea of getting Ferguson to do the washing up makes me laugh but she’s a bonny lass is Cathy and she’ll find other things as well for the greatest manager of them all to do.
WED, MAY 8

AROUND Upton Park, no figure is more of a legend than Billy Bonds.

Yes, here he really does measure up to Bobby Moore, and the board are thrilled that at West Ham’s player of the year gala dinner in front of over 1,000 guests, Billy received our first-ever lifetime achievement award.

He played 663 times for us over 21 years and was a successful manager for four.

From what Sir Trevor Brooking and our joint-chairmen tell me, he’d have had a hatbox full of England caps had he been playing today. More than that, they say he’s the most honest man alive.

He had a tear in his eye and showed great emotion when he collected his award, the club means so much to him.

West Ham over the years has produced some wonderful players and equally important, some outstanding men
.THUR, MAY 9

hear hear now name a stand after him please

THE fall-out from Sir Alex’s departure has been dumped straight into the lap of my pal, Everton chairman Bill Kenwright.

He now has to find a successor to David Moyes who is all but a clone of Ferguson even to the friendship and mutual trust enjoyed between manager and the man who, on paper at least, is his boss.

Ferguson goes with his chief exec David Gill as Kenwright does with Moyes, refreshing evidence that trust still exists in our game.

All of which only makes it harder for Kenwright to fill the Everton vacancy.

But Bill is a great judge of character and it won’t surprise me if he already has someone in mind.
FRI, MAY 10

A COUPLE of PL directors get together for a dinner tonight.

These are usually fun affairs and a chance to swap stories on our managers and our chairmen, or other peoples.

I recount a story told to me recently of a PL chairman who saw one of his staff at the warehouse he owns with the sole hanging from his shoe. He told him it was dangerous and asked him why it had not been fixed.

The poor chap explained he could not replace the shoe until pay day.

With that, the chairman pulls out a massive roll of £50 notes held together by an elastic band.

He unrolls the wad of cash, puts the notes back in his pocket, hands over the elastic band and says: “Use this to secure it until pay day.”

did ot have this up yesterday so i thought i would do it for you today

Done deal: Sam Allardyce will be at the club until 2015

Hammer signed: Sam Allardyce puts pen to paper on new two-year deal at West Ham

Sam Allardyce has signed a new two-year contract at West Ham, keeping him at the club until 2015.

News that the Hammers boss's immediate future has been sorted was confirmed by the club's co-owner David Gold on Twitter this afternoon, bringing an end to season-long speculation that he could be set to leave.

Allardyce suggested yesterday that an agreement was about to be reached .

“We will be putting pen to paper next week and I am looking forward to it," he explained.

“I never thought there would be a problem and there hasn’t been. It’s been about this get-safe scenario.”

His contract had been due to expire this summer, creating doubts that he would be replaced ahead of next season.

The former Bolton manager, who's been at Upton Park since 2011, has led West Ham to mid-table this season after getting them promoted back to the Premier League last May.

Centre of attention: West Ham midfielder Mohamed Diame joined Miss Universe at the club sponsor's Apsley's party in London

lucky bugger :D
Talking tactics: Hammers boss Sam Allardyce spent time talking to England manager Roy Hodgson
Cole fire: Joe Cole hopes West Ham can sign-off the season in style and secure a top 10 finish in the Premier League

Dressed to impress.. but what's West Ham star Diame doing with Miss Universe?

Mohamed Diame has enjoyed a fine first season at Upton Park and earlier this week picked up three awards at the Premier League club's end of season awards do.

The midfielder, linked with Tottenham and Liverpool in January, joined his manager Sam Allardyce and team-mates Joe Cole and Carlton Cole at a celebration event hosted on by West Ham's sponsorship partners, Apsley, on Thursday.

England boss Roy Hodgson was among the guests in London with boxing legend Barry McGuigan, Dragon's Den TV star Duncan Bannatyne and Miss Universe beauty Holly Hale.

The Hammers head to Goodison Park on Sunday looking to consolidate their place in the top 10 and ruin David Moyes' farewell when they play Everton.

'We have two games left and we want to go to Everton and get a good result. At home against Reading, we want to put on a show for the fans and finish in the top ten,' said Cole, speaking to the club's official website.

'It is strange because everything is so tight, but we've fallen into the category where we're not fighting for one or the other - a place in Europe or against relegation.

'For me every game is one I want to win, but there is less pressure on us.'

West Ham manager Sam Allardyce, meanwhile, has signed a new two-year contract at the club.

Hammers co-owner David Gold tweeted the news on Saturday afternoon which will see the 58-year-old stay at Upton Park. The deal is understood to be in the region of £3million annually.

Staying put: Sam Allardyce has signed new two-year contract at West Ham
Solid season: Allardyce has led West Ham to a solid mid-table finish after promotion from the Championship

Allardyce extends West Ham stay with new two-year deal worth £6million

Sam Allardyce has ended speculation about his future by signing a new two-year contract with West Ham.

Hammers co-owner David Gold revealed the 58-year-old would continue to manage the Upton Park outfit on his Twitter account.
Sam Allardyce new contract David Gold tweet

'I am delighted to announce that our manager, Sam Allardyce, has signed a new two-year contract,' said Gold.

Allardyce also confirmed the deal yesterday having guided the Hammers to Premier League safety in their first season back in the top flight.

The former Bolton and Blackburn boss had insisted in March that he would sign a new deal 'very soon' but a two-month wait led to doubts over his future.

Allardyce said the hold-up was down to wading through swathes of legal jargon and the need to secure survival, rather than because of a problem with the club's owners.

'There were processes we had to go through to put it together in the right way,' said Allardyce.

'I never thought there would be any problem - and there wasn't.

'The size of a manager's contract is pretty substantial in terms of responsibilities.

Sam Allardyce has finally agreed a new contract at West Ham

WEST HAM MANAGER SAM ALLARDYCE SIGNS NEW TWO-YEAR DEAL

WEST Ham boss Sam Allardyce has ended speculation about his future by signing a new two-year contract.

Hammers co-owner David Gold announced that Allardyce, 58, would stay on at Upton Park on Twitter.

“I am delighted to announce that our manager Sam Allardyce has signed a new two-year contract,” Gold tweeted.

Allardyce revealed yesterday he was set to put pen to paper on a new deal, having guided the Hammers to Premier League safety in their first season back in the top flight.

He said: “I will be signing my contract very shortly. Early next week will be the right time.”

The former Bolton and Blackburn boss insisted in March he would be penning a new deal “very soon” after productive talks with Gold and co-owner David Sullivan but the two-month wait that resulted raised doubts over his future.

But Allardyce said the hold-up was down to wading through vast swathes of legal jargon and the need to secure survival, rather than because of any problem with the club’s owners.

Andy Carroll is ending the season in fine form with West Ham

WINSTON REID DESPERATE TO KEEP ANDY CARROLL AT WEST HAM

WINSTON REID is praying Andy Carroll stays at West Ham – as he would dread the prospect of facing the giant striker next season.

West Ham have made no secret of their desire to sign on-loan Carroll on a permanent basis this summer.

Carroll’s bumper fee and hefty wage demands could be a stumbling block.

But Hammers defender Reid, 24, said: “Of course we would want him to stay.Andy has been a great addition for us and he seems happy and is playing well, scoring goals.

“He’s a top player so any defender will find it hard playing him.”

Reid signed a long-term deal last month at Upton Park.

He has played a major role in their revival under Sam Allardyce – and last week won the Hammer of the Year award.

official site
Cottee previews Everton trip
http://www.whufc.com/articles/20130511/ ... 84_3173758" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Sam Allardyce signs new contract with West Ham

West Ham manager Sam Allardyce has signed a new two-year contract that will see him remain at Upton Park until the summer of 2015, club co-owner David Gold has announced.

The Hammers boss has been the subject of much speculation in recent months as he neither confirmed nor denied that he would sign a new deal, maintaining that Premier League safety remained his prime focus.

However, with the Irons sitting mid-table in tenth and mathematically safe from relegation on 43-points, Allardyce has kept true to his word and has now secured his future with the East London club.

Taking to his personal twitter account, Gold posted: “I am delighted to announce that our manager Sam Allardyce has signed a new two year contract”.

The 58-year-old was appointed in 2011 and was given the task of leading West Ham back to the Premier League – which he achieved immediately via the play-offs. With top-flight safety at the forefront of Gold’s and co-owner David Sullivan’s minds, they will be delighted that ‘Big Sam’ has signed the new deal, and they can look to build on an impressive season.

Allardyce revealed on Friday that he expected to sign the new contract early next week, but it seems the deal has gone through sooner than he expected.

“"There were processes we had to go through and put it together in the right way, which it has now," Allardyce said on Friday. “I never thought there would be any problem - and there hasn't.

"There has been some issue with the legal jargon in the contract which I couldn't understand so that has to go to both sides' lawyers to agree and then it gets signed. The size of a manager's contract is pretty substantial in terms of responsibilities."

Hammer time: Sam Allardyce has committed himself to West Ham

Sam Allardyce signs new two-year West Ham deal

Hammers co-owner David Gold announced the 58-year-old would stay on at Upton Park on his personal Twitter account.

"I am delighted to announce that our manager Sam Allardyce has signed a new two year contract," Gold said.

Allardyce revealed yesterday he was set to put pen to paper on a new contract, having guided the Hammers to guaranteed Premier League safety in their first season back in the top flight.

He said: "I will be signing my contract very shortly. Early next week will be the right time."

The former Bolton and Blackburn boss insisted in March he would be penning a new deal "very soon" after productive talks with Gold and fellow co-owner David Sullivan, but the two-month wait to sign the contract offered raised doubts over his future.

Andy Carroll to take pay-cut to join Newcastle United?

The Liverpool striker is currently on a season-long loan at West Ham United and has impressed with his performances for the Hammers of late, scoring seven goals in total this seasons.

However, the England international sees his future at his boyhood club and will take a reduction of wages in an attempt to rejoin them, according to The Mirror.

Carroll currently earns around £90,000 per week at Anfield, but the Mapies are looking to lower that figure to around £60,000 which is what the club's top-earners take home at St James' Park.

The news will come as a shock to West Ham officials after co-owner Daivd Sullivan recently claimed that the club would be holding talks with the player in an attempt to make a switch permanent.

Carroll moved from Tyneside in January 2011 when the Reds paid £35m to land the forward.

Manchester United are lining up a £30m bid for Real Madrid forward Karim Benzema, 25, as a replacement for Wayne Rooney.

the Sun on Sunday

Everton midfielder Marouane Fellaini, 25, wants to test himself against Europe's best in the Champions League and has hinted that he could follow manager David Moyes to Manchester United.
Metro

Liverpool are in talks over signing £8m-rated Lille left-back Lucas Digne, 19.

Sunday People

David Moyes' first big test is dealing with wantaway Wayne Rooney, 27, at Manchester United, with the striker falling out with outgoing manager Sir Alex Ferguson over his lifestyle.

Sunday Express

W ank Lampard, 34, wants to stay at Chelsea, despite his contract at Stamford Bridge expiring at the end of the season.

The Sun on Sunday

Tottenham have made Aston Villa striker Christian Benteke, 22, their number one transfer target this summer.

Sunday Mirror

Spurs are also preparing a £10m move for Wigan FA Cup winner James McCarthy, 22, to bolster their midfield.

Sunday People

Real Madrid boss Jose Mourinho, who is rumoured to be heading back to Chelsea this summer, will take German midfielder Sami Khedira, 26, with him to London.

Sunday Mirror

David Moyes' departure as Everton boss will save the Toffees £10m, giving their next manager extra cash in the transfer market.

Mail on Sunday

Monaco, newly promoted from the French Second Division, are ready to sign Colombia striker Radamel Falcao, 27, from Atletico Madrid for £50m.

Sunday Telegraph

Liverpool striker Andy Carroll, 24, is prepared to take a pay-cut to return to former club Newcastle United.

Sunday Mirror

Manchester City boss Roberto Mancini will be sacked within two weeks with Manuel Pellegrini of Malaga, as previously reported in Saturday's gossip column, being lined up as his replacement.

Mail on Sunday

Malaga manager Manuel Pellegrini has verbally agreed to take over from Roberto Mancini at Manchester City, once a £3.3m release clause is exercised in his contract.

Sunday Times

Sir Alex Ferguson will be named as the League Managers' Association's Manager of the Year.

Sunday Mirror

Everton are planning a formal approach to Cardiff City to talk to manager Malky Mackay about succeeding Manchester United-bound David Moyes.

Sunday Telegraph

Former Millwall midfielder Marc Bircham is a surprise contender to succeed Kenny Jackett as Lions manager.

Sunday Express

QPR boss Harold Redwanker has cancelled the relegated club's end-of-season party for fear of it getting out of hand

Mail on Sunday

Brazilian striker Willian Ribeiro was left cursing a bobble on the pitch - and his own poor finishing - after missing an open-goal chance when it seemed easier to score, while playing for Campinense against Atletico-PB.

Metro

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m2z3m ... o1_500.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

cockney hammer
Resident badge expert

Re: sunday's news 12th may includes west ham

Post by cockney hammer »

anyone know who babe of the day is ta :D
The_Cheadley
Total likes: 1 like

Post by The_Cheadley »

You're up early CH! Thank you as always for this, hugely appreciated.
cockney hammer
Resident badge expert

Post by cockney hammer »

ChrisHeadley wrote:You're up early CH! Thank you as always for this, hugely appreciated.

no problem mate
Galwayman
Has liked: 4 likes
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by Galwayman »

Go raibh maith agat CH.... :clap:
cockney hammer
Resident badge expert

Post by cockney hammer »

Galwayman wrote:Go raibh maith agat CH....

i take you have been on the sauce :lol:
Hammer Sandwich

Post by Hammer Sandwich »

ChrisHeadley wrote:You're up early CH! Thank you as always for this, hugely appreciated.
Nice one, as always CH..........and having seen Babe of the Day, I think we're all "up" ! :wink:
cockney hammer
Resident badge expert

Post by cockney hammer »

hs have just done a lot of new babe of the day wait untill monday's mind you a bet a lot do not like her this is one of the best ever!!!

press ctrl and the plus sign on your keyboard and it make the picture larger :D
rciron
Has liked: 294 likes
Total likes: 16 likes

Post by rciron »

Excellent today CH :thup: why would Carroll pledge his future to the barcodes, when results today and next week could see them in the championship? Dodgy paper talk?, or somebody trying to piss on our chips?
cockney hammer
Resident badge expert

Post by cockney hammer »

rciron wrote:Excellent today CH :thup: why would Carroll pledge his future to the barcodes, when results today and next week could see them in the championship? Dodgy paper talk?, or somebody trying to piss on our chips?

i did wonder myself
cockney hammer
Resident badge expert

Post by cockney hammer »

MAIL ON SUNDAY

Wigan Athletic pulled off the greatest FA Cup final shock in 25 years to embarrass Roberto Mancini and his £200million Manchester City team.

Roberto Mancini lost the chance to lift the FA Cup at Wembley last night - and now faces being sacked in the next two weeks as Manchester City moved to install Chilean Manuel Pellegrini as his successor.
THE SUN SUNDAY

The player nicknamed "Prince Harry" sent Wigan up to the Royal Box to lift one of the crown jewels of world football.

Angry Chelsea are considering making a complaint after Aston Villa fans abused John Terry as he was carried off.
SUNDAY MIRROR

Sir Alex Ferguson is set to sign off his career with one final triumph.

Ben Watson's last-gasp header saw Wigan pull off the biggest FA Cup final shock for 25 years.
DAILY STAR SUNDAY

Ben Watson scored a stunning header as little Wigan won the FA Cup against mighty Man City yesterday.

Arsenal are ready to put to the test Man United's claim that Wayne Rooney is not for sale.
THE SUNDAY TIMES

Wigan Athletic, small-town Wigan, slayed the richest team in English football history to claim the greatest FA Cup final shock in a quarter of a century and push Roberto Mancini towards a bitter exit from Manchester City.
INDEPENDENT ON SUNDAY

Roberto Mancini is set to leave Manchester City on a losing note after his side suffered a shock defeat in the FA Cup final against Wigan Athletic at Wembley yesterday.
THE OBSERVER

Roberto Martinez paid glowing tribute to his Wigan team after they stunned Manchester City to win the FA Cup final at Wembley.

W ank Lampard has expressed his desire to stay with Chelsea for another season after he scored twice in a 2-1 win at Aston Villa to surpass Bobby Tambling and become the club's all-time leading goalscorer.
SUNDAY EXPRESS

New Manchester United manager David Moyes is facing his first big clash - dealing with wantaway Wayne Rooney.

Roberto Martinez celebrated Wigan's sensational 1-0 FA Cup final win over Manchester City, then vowed: "Now for a glorious double."
SUNDAY TELEGRAPH

Roberto Mancini urged the Manchester City hierarchy to come clean on speculation linking Malaga manager Manuel Pellegrini with his job after Wigan's FA Cup final victory left him facing the sack at the Etihad Stadium.

Everton are planning a formal approach to Cardiff City to Malky Mackay about succeeding David Moyes
SUNDAY PEOPLE

Wayne Rooney believes he is being forced out of Manchester United after details of a training ground summit were leaked.

Roberto Mancini turned on his Manchester City bosses for failing to back him after Wigan pulled off one of the biggest FA Cup shocks in history.
maccario

Post by maccario »

Cheers CH ! Your updates are the first thing, i have always looked for over the years, and it is only right that my first post, is in appreciation for all your efforts. :thup:
cockney hammer
Resident badge expert

Post by cockney hammer »

official site
Jussi Jaaskelainen - The Big Interview
http://www.whufc.com/articles/20130512/ ... 84_3172890" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
cockney hammer
Resident badge expert

Post by cockney hammer »

Sunderland boss Di Canio inspired by 'devastation' of West Ham relegation

The Black Cats manager dropped out of the top-flight with the Hammers a decade ago, and is using the experience to make sure the same does not happen with the Wearside club

Sunderland manager Paolo di Canio has recalled how "devastated" he was at being relegated with West Ham in 2003 as he looks to save his current club from suffering the same fate this season.

Di Canio's side currently sit three points clear of safety with two games remaining as fixtures against Southampton and Tottenham await the Black Cats.

The 44-year-old Italian recalled the cavalier attitude of some of the West Ham players during that relegation season, vowing to ensure that his current players, unlike some of the Hammers back then, are entirely aware of what is at stake.

"It was a bitter experience for me. I was devastated. I never imagined I would have a moment like that at West Ham with so many talented players. I was devastated for everyone, but some of the players did not care," he told The Mirror.

"I make sure they [the squad] know what it means if this club were to go down. I remind them. I tell the youngest and the oldest ‘don’t take this too ­lightly’ because, for some of my players, they don’t care because they are selfish when they are young."

Di Canio went on to admit that relegation would mean he had failed as manager of Sunderland, and also used the prospect of continuing to face historic and star-studded teams, such as Manchester United and Chelsea, as motivation to stay up.

"I don’t want to think about relegation. When I came here it was because I thought I could keep this club up. So if we go down it means I’ve failed my mission," he continued.

"I say: ‘Show you want to go to ­Manchester City, Manchester United or Chelsea. Who says you’ll have another chance to play in the Premier League? That should be enough motivation to give your best’."[/color]
cockney hammer
Resident badge expert

Post by cockney hammer »

maccario wrote:Cheers CH ! Your updates are the first thing, i have always looked for over the years, and it is only right that my first post, is in appreciation for all your efforts. :thup:

welkumb to the site mate
west ham15
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by west ham15 »

Cheers Ch, Lets destroy Moyes leaving party today with all 3 points
Picko
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by Picko »

Cheers CH. Never say it enough, but it's always the first thing I look
For. I feel a bit lost without it!!!
Awesome mate.
cockney hammer
Resident badge expert

Post by cockney hammer »

west ham15 wrote:Cheers Ch, Lets destroy Moyes leaving party today with all 3 points

come on jamie we all know that aint going to happen :D

hope you and the family are well mate how is the nipper geting on????

pm me her birtday date
cockney hammer
Resident badge expert

Post by cockney hammer »

Picko wrote:Cheers CH. Never say it enough, but it's always the first thing I look
For. I feel a bit lost without it!!!
Awesome mate.

lol you are welcome mate
Snudge
Total likes: 16 likes

Post by Snudge »

Oh do f*** off Paolo. If you was that 'devastated' you wouldn't have acted such a **** that season.