sunday's news 19th may includes west ham united

An archive of Cockney Hammer's West Ham-related daily news digests from 2009-2015. For the latest daily digests, see the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

cockney hammer
Resident badge expert
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 143 likes

Re: sunday's news 19th may includes west ham united

Post by cockney hammer »

QPR have again been linked with Newcastle full-back Danny Simpson, this time by the Sunday People.

It is claimed that Simpson, 26, is keen to move to London if he is not offered a new contract at St James’ Park and that he is also wanted by West Ham and promoted Hull

Meanwhile, Real Madrid are insisting that Cristiano Ronaldo is not for sale, again according to the People.

Jose Mourinho is expected to leave the Spanish club and return to Chelsea, but it is claimed that Real president Florentino Perez has told him he cannot take Ronaldo with him.

Perez is apparently keen to reject offers from the Blues and Manchester United for Ronaldo, who has been linked with a return to Old Trafford.

The People also say Manchester City will beat Chelsea to the signing of Atletico Madrid striker Radamel Falcao.

The Sunday Mirror, meanwhile, say Chelsea have told Manchester United to name their price for Wayne Rooney and are prepared to pay over £30m for him.

The same paper also suggest Everton’s Marouane Fellaini wants to join United despite Chelsea’s apparent interest.

And The Sun on Sunday claim Chelsea want to sell Fernando Torres and are set to make a £30m loss on him.
cockney hammer
Resident badge expert

Post by cockney hammer »

Three Havering West Ham fans among 34 charged with football-related violent disorder in Sunderland

Three Havering West Ham fans are among ten charged by police following an investigation into football-related disorder before a Premier League match in Sunderland.

Ryan Evans, 18, of Cumberland Close, Hornchurch; Matthew Dobberson, 18, Padnall Court, Romford; and Jack Donovan, 18, Mashiters Walk, Romford, will appear at Sunderland Magistrates’ Court on May 30.

A mass brawl erupted between rival football fans at around 2.15pm on Saturday, January 12, in the city centre before the Sunderland v West Ham match.

Appearing alongside the three are Christopher Draddy, 24, of Cheriton Close, St Albans, Herts; Jamie Hume, 28, Clayburn Road, Hampton Centre, Peterborough; Harry Saunders, 19, of Martindale Avenue, Basildon, Essex; Danny Brooker, 23, of Priory Avenue, Harefield, Middlesex; Craig Defew, 21, of Layhill Close, Bury-St-Edmunds; Andrew Siedlaczek, 23, Fortinbras, Chelmsford, Essex; and Charlie Adolf, 21, of Gibbons Close in St Albans, Herts.

The are all assocatied with the east London club.

Officers have already charged 24 people associated with Sunderland AFC as part of the investigation and they are due to appear at Sunderland Magistrates’ Court on May 20.

All of those charged have strict bail conditions restricting their attendance at football matches.

Chief Super Kay Blyth, Sunderland Area Commander, said: “This has been an extensive investigation and we received an excellent response from the public when CCTV images of the incident were released.

“There are 24 Sunderland and 10 West Ham supporters charged with offences, bringing the total number of people charged in connection with the incident to 34. They are all going through the court process and currently have stringent bail conditions.

“As we’ve said previously the vast majority of football supporters just want to enjoy the match. However, when any kind of violence takes place we will do everything possible to make sure those suspected of being involved are traced and the appropriate action is taken.”
cockney hammer
Resident badge expert

Post by cockney hammer »

We Know We’re In Trouble Now – Pardew Turns To Allardyce For Advice

The more a lie gets repeated the more it becomes a ‘fact’ and the one about delusional Newcastle fans ‘expecting’ success is surely one of the biggest lies.

Do you know any (sane/rational) person who thinks like that?

I do like Alan Pardew but I think he is very wide of the mark when he says the following;

Fat Sam Allardyce“I think sometimes it can get very sensational at this football club. When we’ve done well we have done really very well.

When it goes the other way though, the whole city goes that way.

I spoke to Sam Allardyce about it and he thought, having been the manager here, that was a problem for this club. Perhaps we could have more consistency about how we deal with wins and losses.”

So as usual it is our fault, the fans, in how we unreasonably deal with the bad times.

Only this season Newcastle went 14 Premier League matches with only 2 wins and they were against rock bottom QPR with a late goal and relegated (ten men) Wigan. In that sequence we were beaten by Stoke, Southampton, Fulham, Reading, West Ham and Swansea.

I don’t think there is a set of fans anywhere else in the Premier League who would have been so supportive in that period.

279 mag coverAs for ‘Fat Sham’, he has nerve for anything, especially when it comes to Newcastle. He more than anybody did the most to ruin Newcastle United and then walked away with a reward of millions for doing so.

Before our home match against West Ham back in November, this is part of what writer Jackie Smithfield had to say, starting with Fat Sam’s quote at the time;

“It wasn’t me getting bad results at Newcastle, it was a change of ownership and a decision made at the time that they wanted their own man in.

I accepted that at the time and since that time has drifted by, I have no animosity towards Newcastle United at all”.

Animosity! Why should he have any animosity towards Newcastle United when he ruined us and walked away with a multi million pound pay-off which he then used to buy an overseas luxury pad which he named after St.James’ Park!

He bought in a dismal list of players on huge wages including Geremi, Viduka, Cacapa, Barton and Smith.

As for not about bad results, in his final 12 league matches the only wins were a fortunate 2-1 at home to Birmingham and a last minute penalty win at Fulham after one of the worst 90 minutes I’ve ever seen!

I’ve always liked West Ham but because of this fat oaf I don’t think there is any team I’d rather beat this season.
cockney hammer
Resident badge expert

Post by cockney hammer »

Snudge wrote:That's more like it.

Having to trawl the internet myself for the past couple of days for snippets, it makes me appreciate just what a sterling job you do CH.

Thanks.

not easy is it

you are welcome mate
hemelite

Post by hemelite »

Cheers CH, fantastic job as usual. Have a great summer & I hope to see you carry on next season.

COYI :crest:
cockney hammer
Resident badge expert

Post by cockney hammer »

hemelite wrote:Cheers CH, fantastic job as usual. Have a great summer & I hope to see you carry on next season.

COYI :crest:

two more seasons left mate then that is my lot time to say good bye to you good people
Los Martillos
Total likes: 1 like

Post by Los Martillos »

Cheers CH - sterling work!

:thup:
rciron
Has liked: 294 likes
Total likes: 16 likes

Post by rciron »

Nolan=Carroll's bitch :D
cockney hammer
Resident badge expert

Post by cockney hammer »

rciron wrote:Nolan=Carroll's bitch :D

lol
kayahammer
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by kayahammer »

Thanks CH

Just hope reading haven't been over-complicating things. Would be a shame if there were less inflatables because of it :D
cockney hammer
Resident badge expert

Post by cockney hammer »

Sam Allardyce’s Decision Will Make A Lot Of West Ham Fans Happy

Emanuel PogatetzWith Sam Allardyce’s recent announcement that defender Emanuel Pogatetz’s loan deal will not be extended past this current season, West Ham fans can breathe a sigh of relief.

Pogatetz has been on loan to the Hammers since January, from German club Wolfsburg. This was an agreement that initially showed promise and respite for a defense struggling with injuries. Pogatetz arrived at the club with a reasonably good-looking CV and reputation – the man even came with the promisingly aggressive nickname of ‘Mad Dog.’

West Ham had been looking slightly lacking in aggression defensively, so the arrival of a player who had been given a 24 week ban by the Russian Football Union for a bad tackle, received 20 bookings in two seasons for Middlesbrough, and hospitalized Manchester United’s Rodrigo Possebon after another horror tackle, showed signs that a tougher defensive strategy was on the horizon.

Unfortunately, Pogatetz failed to live up to the hype, playing in claret and blue for less than 150 minutes during his 4 months with West Ham. He made only six appearances for the club (5 of which were as a substitute.) In the only game he started, West Ham lost 2-1 against a struggling and, at the time, relegation threatened Aston Villa. His name is barely mentioned in any match reports from the games he featured in, with the exception of the yellow card he received for unsporting behavior in the 1-1 draw with Southampton.

After a loan spell that has produced dire results in defense, Big Sam couldn’t even wait until the last game of the season to offload the dreadful defender. Allardyce also stated that with regards to any other end of season exits he would “decide on the others after the game.”

He clearly felt no need to wait to announce that West Ham would no longer need the services of Mr. Pogatetz.

Written by Emily Pulham
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place
Has liked: 748 likes
Total likes: 3446 likes

Post by Up the Junction »

themag.co.uk wrote:The more a lie gets repeated the more it becomes a ‘fact’ and the one about delusional Newcastle fans ‘expecting’ success is surely one of the biggest lies. Do you know any (sane/rational) person who thinks like that?
themag.co.uk wrote:Only this season Newcastle went 14 Premier League matches with only 2 wins. In that sequence we were beaten by Stoke, Southampton, Fulham, Reading, West Ham and Swansea. I don’t think there is a set of fans anywhere else in the Premier League who would have been so supportive in that period.
:D

Stupid mags.
ageing hammer
Has liked: 484 likes
Total likes: 1475 likes

Post by ageing hammer »

Thanks CH glad you are back and a bit better.

May I take this opportunity to say a BIG THANKS to you for all your sterling work throughout the season.

You are a true West Ham legend. :thup:
bspur1

Post by bspur1 »

Paolo Di Canio has claimed Sunderland would have been relegated this season if he had not replaced Martin O'Neill.
DAILY STAR SUNDAY

Straight from the :arry: handbook,

So Oneal wouldn't have gotten the 4 points needed to be sitting above Wigan at the moment?

Tell us the one about when you gave your all in the relegation battle for WHU Paolo whilst so many others f*cked off back to Italy and let the team down in their hour of need, its right up there with the 3 little pigs as my favorite fairy tale
cockney hammer
Resident badge expert

Post by cockney hammer »

[quote="ageing hammer"]Thanks CH glad you are back and a bit better.

May I take this opportunity to say a BIG THANKS to you for all your sterling work throughout the season.

You are a true West Ham legend /quote]

it is going to be pay per view next seaon :D
the oldham stripper
Duke Nuke 'em
Location: for 25 years I've lived with fear. i sometimes wish I'd never met her

Post by the oldham stripper »

ta mate have a great summer remember to give me a call if your coming to the costa del canvey :D
Hammer110

Post by Hammer110 »

Cheers CH, the day doesn't start right without your roundup of the news.
cockney hammer
Resident badge expert

Post by cockney hammer »

the oldham stripper wrote:ta mate have a great summer remember to give me a call if your coming to the costa del canvey :D

will pay you a visit mate pm me your phone number did you get the pm i sent you????
cockney hammer
Resident badge expert

Post by cockney hammer »

Chelsea have told Manchester United to name their price for striker Wayne Rooney, 27, who is also wanted by Paris St-Germain. (Sunday Mirror)

Atletico Madrid striker Radamel Falcao, 27, will become Manchester City's first signing of the Manuel Pellegrini era after the Etihad club agreed a British record transfer fee £50m for him. (Sunday People)

Spurs face a battle to keep hold of their £60m-rated star midfielder Gareth Bale, 23, if their bid to reach the Champions League fails on Sunday. (Mail on Sunday)

Monaco have made a surprise enquiry for West Ham's on-loan Liverpool striker Andy Carroll, 24. (Sunday Telegraph)

But Hammers boss Sam Allardyce has revealed he is hopeful the London club can tie up a permanent deal for Carroll "as quickly as possible". (Metro)

Chelsea are set to get rid of their £50m record buy Fernando Torres this summer despite the 29-year-old Spanish striker scoring 22 goals this season. (The Sun)

Aston Villa manager Paul Lambert says he was right to leave Darren Bent, 29, out in the cold — otherwise Christian Benteke, 22, would not have had his chance to shine. (The Sun)

Bent, who is set to be told he can leave the Villa Park club this summer, is attracting the interest of Fulham but Villa will have to lower the £12m valuation they placed on him in the January transfer window. (Daily Star Sunday)

Liverpool target Christian Eriksen, 21, will turn down Anfield and sign a new contract at Ajax if Brendan Rodgers does not make a £15m offer in the next month. (Sunday People)

Sunderland manager Paolo Di Canio is ready to raid former club Lazio for defender Modibo Diakite, 26, and also wants Maritimo defender and fellow Frenchman Valentin Roberge, 25. (Daily Star Sunday)
WalthammerUSA

Post by WalthammerUSA »

Thanks as always, ch, for all your work all season long. Excellent stuff :thup: