sunday's news 26th may includes west ham

An archive of Cockney Hammer's West Ham-related daily news digests from 2009-2015. For the latest daily digests, see the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

cockney hammer
Resident badge expert
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 143 likes

sunday's news 26th may includes west ham

Post by cockney hammer »

Cole, 29, is interested in moving to America’s MLS

SIGNING COLE IS A BURNING AMBITION

CRYSTAL PALACE aim to win promotion to the Premier League tomorrow – then clinch the signing of West Ham striker Carlton Cole.

Palace boss Ian Holloway has made Cole – out of contract and leaving the Hammers on a free transfer – a priority target.

Cole, 29, is interested in moving to America’s MLS but Palace hope to persuade him to remain in London.

They will try to sign the former Chelsea and England striker (below) even if they lose the play-off final with Watford.

But if they triumph at Wembley to reach the top flight, they will be able to offer a financial package amounting to £50,000-a-week, particularly as there is no transfer fee to pay.

That would be made up of a signing-on fee plus wages.

Carroll is suffering from a heel injury which has ruled him out of the England squad

ALLARDYCE IS SWEATING ON CARROLL ‘YES’

SAM ALLARDYCE has made signing Andy Carroll his No.1 priority this summer.

That was underlined by West Ham’s ­immediate move for the Liverpool striker (right) last week.

A £15million deal has been agreed for the giant Geordie, who spent last season on loan at Upton Park.

But the deal is not done yet as Carroll – suffering from a heel injury which has ruled him out of the England squad – waits to see if he has other options to consider.

West Ham knew they would have to push the boat out for Carroll after Liverpool, then bossed by Kenny Dalglish, paid £35million to ­Newcastle for the target man.

That was one of the reasons the Hammers board demanded a strong finish to the season, knowing it would increase their Premier League prize money.

Allardyce and his players delivered, finishing a commendable tenth in their first season back in the top flight after winning promotion.

That ­guaranteed £8.3m in merit money to boost West Ham’s spending potential.

Boss Allardyce has ­considered other centre-forwards for next season.

They include ­Chelsea powerhouse Romelu Lukaku – a big success on loan at West Brom last term – and Sevilla’s Spain striker Alvaro Negredo.

on sams wish list?
The former Bolton chief also likes Sunderland hitman Steven Fletcher but that deal is a non-­starter after the Black Cats avoided relegation under Paolo Di Canio.

So Carroll is the striker firmly in the West Ham frame.

And Allardyce will enjoy his summer break a lot more if he gets an early indication that the England frontman is going to move to the East End again – this time on a ­permanent basis

Keep or Sell? - The Midfield

Kevin Nolan 92% KEEP

A solid season from the captain, again with a superb goalscoring record. Sometimes it is easy for him to drift out of a game, but his attacking threat is always there. The Keep score is more emphatic than I thought it would be. If Andy Carroll stays, a large part of it will be because of his relationship with Nolan.

Mark Noble 98% KEEP

A great season for Mark Noble. I suspect if he hadn't had that protracted period out towards the end of the season he would have come close to winning Hammer of the Year. Despite a lack of pace he has been the fulcrum of the side, with his tackling and ability to spray the ball around the pitch being key to his game. His ability to score penalties has remained - he's up there with Ray Stewart and Julian Dicks for scoring them.

Mo Diame 98% KEEP

Maybe he faded in the second half of the season but to me he was one of the best three players of the season. His driving runs are a sight to behold and although his shots can be a tad wayward he did score some crucial goals. He should be given a new long term contract minus the £3.5 million sell on clause that turned his head in the January transfer window.

Gary O'Neill 56% SELL

As people know, I am not a fan of Gary O'Neil. Yes, he did deliver the goods towards the end of the season and scored a couple of excellent goals, but he is too average to be part of our long term plans. By all accounts he is a lovely guy, but it seems to me that if any players are to be let go, he needs to be one of them.

Matt Jarvis 98% KEEP

Despite a slow start, Matt Jarvis is now one of the first names on the teamsheet. Stats show he delivered more crosses into the box than any other Premier League player. As his confidence went up, so did his ability to beat defenders and take the ball to the byline. He needs to score more goals and he no doubt realises that, but I reckon he may well play himself into the World Cup squad next season. Assuming we qualify!

Joe Cole 96% KEEP

Since he re-joined us in January he has surpassed all expectations. OK, he's been out a couple of times through injury, but when he has played he has always looked dangerous and it is good to see him rediscovering his scoring boots.

Ricardo Vaz Te 51% SELL

Vaz Te flattered to deceive this season. He only had one really good game - against Manchester United. His lack of goals was a worry and his head dropped far too often. You wonder whether the Championship was his right level. I'd be tempted to stick with him for another season and give him another chance, but if one of the promoted sides comes in with an offer, you'd have to consider it.

Matt Taylor 87% SELL

I'm slightly surprised that 87% of you want rid of Matt Taylor. He's done nothing wrong at all and every team needs a player like Taylor. He can play across midfield and left back. His corners remain incredibly dangerous (unlike Noble or O'Neil's) and he is great at set pieces - well, perhaps not as often as he used to be, but you get my drift.

Jack Collison 88% KEEP

A mixed season for Jack, again blighted by injury. The things is with Jack, you know he will never let you down. He's also capable of scoring crucial goals. He's often played out on the right, but I have always seen him as a forward looking central midfielder. As an able first deputy, you couldn't want better.

Maiga to Leave

His spell at Upton Park has hardly been a roaring success and it now looks as if Mobido Maiga will be shipped out this summer.

Reports suggest that the 26 year-old Mali striker, who has made just a handful of appearances since joining West Ham from Sochaux, is set to move to Marseille for a fee said to be in the region of £2.5 million.

Personally, I`d be surprised if we got that much!

official site
Ricky's Comedy Shuffle
http://www.whufc.com/articles/20130525/ ... 84_3178781" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Keep or Sell - The Strikers

Modibo Maiga 56% KEEP

The trouble with Maiga is that he looks as if he isn't trying. I'm sure that is wrong, but maybe that is why Sam has given him so few outings. He has scored 4 goals all of which were taken very well, but he's a bit like Maynard and Baldock - none of them were ever given extended runs to enable them to show what they could do. I'm ambivalent as to whether Maiga stays or goes, but if he's not going to get a chance, there's little point in keeping him.

Carlton Cole 76% SELL

Well he's gone, so the 76% got their way. I'm astonished at that figure. It turns out Carlton was offered a new contract but he refused it. He'd be mad to go to LA Galaxy. Watford or Crystal Palace would suit him more, I'd have thought.

Andy Carroll 98% KEEP

It's good that so many people appreciate Andy. Let's hope he appreciates what we think of him. Fingers crossed.

Well as it stands at the moment, we only have a single first team striker on the books, so far as I can see. Carroll Chamakh, Paulista were all loan signings and Carlton Cole has already gone. So, Modibo Maiga, it's all down to you! Except of course he's already being linked with a cut-price move back to France. The Sun reported this morning that Marseilles want to sign him for £2.5 million, which is £1.5 million less than we paid for him. Rob Hall's contract is also up in June. I have heard Sam thinks a lot of him, but if so it's odd that he's allowed his contract to run down. Bolton want him and would be able to sign him for peanuts.

So if Andy Carroll doesn't sign we really are up a creek striker-wise. No wonder Sam wants to tie the deal up quickly. But whatever happens it looks like we need at least 3 new strikers this summer.

West Ham Set Sights On Liverpool Youngster Jonjo Shelvey

West Ham United are reportedly lining up a move for Liverpool midfielder Jonjo Shelvey this summer, according to talkSPORT.

The east London club are already negotiating with the Reds over the transfer of England striker Andy Carroll and it is thought that Shelvey could follow him down to the capital.

The Essex born midfielder has had a mixed season on Merseyside. He managed to bag five goals in 33 appearances and collect his first England cap, but also saw red in the game against Manchester United in September.

However, Liverpool are desperate for funds to bolster their chances of making the moves they want in the transfer window and reports suggest that they could listen to offers for Shelvey as they prepare their assault on the top four next season.

The 21-year-old made his breakthrough at Charlton Athletic at just 16, becoming the club’s youngest ever player in the process. He saw more playing time in southeast London over the next two years, making 47 appearances before the Premier League giants brought him to Anfield for a fee of just £1.7 million.

He played a peripheral role during his first season before being shipped out to Blackpool on loan but saw his involvement increase under Brendan Rodgers.

Manchester United are planning a shock £25m move to bring Barcelona's former Arsenal midfielder Cesc Fabregas, 26, back to the Premier League.

Sunday Express

But new Manchester United manager David Moyes will make Everton midfielder Marouane Fellaini, 25, his first signing for £24m and broker a peace deal to keep striker Wayne Rooney, 27, at Old Trafford.

Sunday Mirror

Carlo Ancelotti will offer Rooney a way out of Manchester United if he takes over as Real Madrid manager but will not consider a swap deal involving forward Cristiano Ronaldo, 28.

The People

Real Madrid are preparing a £60m offer for Tottenham's 23-year-old Gareth Bale despite Spurs chairman Daniel Levy indicating that he will not sell the player to any club this summer.

Sunday Telegraph

Incoming Manchester City manager Manuel Pellegrini has asked the club's owners to buy him four new players in the summer window - and one is Liverpool striker Luis Suarez, 26.

The People

Arsenal are set to sign Belgium goalkeeper Simon ­Mignolet, 24, from Sunderland for £10m as Arsene Wenger dips into his £70m transfer fund.

Sunday Mirror

Aston Villa boss Paul Lambert is lining up a £3m move for Peterborough's 22-year-old striker Dwight Gayle. His interest in the London-born forward is unconnected with the future of Christian Benteke.

Mail on Sunday

Lyon have made an approach to Arsenal to take 25-year-old forward Gervinho on a season-long loan with a view to a permanent deal.

Metro

Everton, who are seeking a replacement for outgoing manager David Moyes, will target former Goodison Park captain David Weir, 43, as an alternative if Roberto Martinez decides to stay at Wigan.

Mail on Sunday

But the Toffees are also considering offering the vacancy to former Manchester United striker Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, who is in charge of Norwegian champions Molde.

Sunday Telegraph

Stoke City will consider Cardiff manager Malky Mackay, former Chelsea manager Roberto Di Matteo and Brighton manager Gus Poyet as options if Mark Hughes turns down an offer to become their next boss.

Sunday Express

Leicester City are trying to persuade former manager Martin O'Neill, 61, to return to the club and lead their fight to get back into the Premier League.
Mail on Sunday

Jose Mourinho has agreed a four-year contract to manage Chelsea for a second time and will become the highest paid manager in Premier League history, pocketing more than £8.5m a year after tax from a £50m-plus deal.

Sunday Times (subscription required)

Mourinho, who has been linked with a return to the Chelsea manager's job, wants to turn striker Romelu Lukaku, 20, into the new Didier Drogba should the outgoing Real Madrid boss land the Stamford Bridge vacancy.

The Sun

Former England captain David Beckham is wanted back in Major League Soccer as the CEO of a new team in Miami now he has retired from playing.

Sunday Express

England manager Roy Hodgson has described 74-year-old Giovanni Trapattoni as a "coaching legend" ahead of England's friendly with the Republic of Ireland on Wednesday.

The Observer

Ashley Cole, 32, is likely to reject Roy Hodgson's offer to captain England in celebration of the Chelsea full-back's 100th cap for his country.

Sunday Telegraph

Manchester City midfielder James Milner, 27, alleviated some of the boredom on the club's post-season tour to the United States by trying to hit the Brooklyn Bridge with a football.

Metro

Manchester United striker Robin van Persie, 29, sent CNN host and Arsenal fan Piers Morgan a signed picture of himself with the Premier League trophy.

Mail On Sunday

Everton have provoked criticism from their supporters after revealing a new club crest.
see cockney hammers new kit thread

Sky Sports

SERGIO AGUERO has signed a one-year contract extension at Manchester City.

The Argentine striker had been linked with a move to Real Madrid.

But his new deal will now keep the £35million star at the Etihad until 2017.

Aguero, 24, said: “I am very happy at City, I feel very appreciated. Now I’m looking forward to pushing hard to win the title again.”

CARDIFF are set to swoop for Norwich centre-back Leon Barnett, 27, after a successful loan spell.

Boss Malky Mackay said: “Leon was a major influence on our team.”

ARSENAL have lost academy star Elton Monteiro to Club Brugge.

The Swiss defender, 19, follows kids Martin Angha and Kyle Ebecilio out of the exit door.

MAARTEN STEKELENBURG could snub a move to Fulham and stick with Roma, claims his agent.

The goalkeeper, 30, has been left out of Roma’s squad for Sunday’s Coppa Italia final amid reports his £4million switch to London is nearly complete.

But agent Rob Jansen said: “Maarten’s still happy with Roma so we’ll see. It can go either way.”

CARDIFF are set to launch a shock £3.5million bid for Danny Graham.

The former Swansea striker, 27, has failed to score in 13 games at Sunderland after arriving for £5m in January.

Cardiff boss Malky Mackay remains keen after giving Graham his big break in 2009, signing the ex-roofer at Watford.

SAN LORENZO plan to take defender Fabricio Coloccini, 31, home to Argentina.

Newcastle boss Alan Pardew still hopes to keep hold of his captain.

But San Lorenzo president Matias Lammens said: “I aim to meet Fabricio and talk about the conditions of his arrival.”

http://cdn.mature-beauty.com/pics/2011- ... _09big.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
WHID to deserve this?

Re: sunday's news 26th may includes west ham

Post by WHID to deserve this? »

Thanks CH, couple of other bits I saw earlier today (a few hours ahead of you at the moment):

Watford boss Zola lifts lid on West Ham sacking and eyes Wembley win over Crystal Palace

http://www.london24.com/sport/west-ham/ ... _1_2210641" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Think he was quite fair in that interview to be honest...

I also saw a snippet earlier that we were in for Bent along with Fulham. Can't see the site where that came from but I think figures were quoted at 4million..
cockney hammer
Resident badge expert

Post by cockney hammer »

WHID to deserve this? wrote:Thanks CH, couple of other bits I saw earlier today (a few hours ahead of you at the moment):

Watford boss Zola lifts lid on West Ham sacking and eyes Wembley win over Crystal Palace

http://www.london24.com/sport/west-ham/ ... _1_2210641" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Think he was quite fair in that interview to be honest...

I also saw a snippet earlier that we were in for Bent along with Fulham. Can't see the site where that came from but I think figures were quoted at 4million..

thanks for that mate where did you get that from never even see it
jaybs
Has liked: 21 likes
Total likes: 8 likes

Post by jaybs »

Thanks CH as ever!

Darren Bent story was about three days ago, but last season he played 16 games and scored 3 goals, another striker to set the world on fire!
WHID to deserve this?

Post by WHID to deserve this? »

Newsnow.co.uk

Its tries to do your job (but not as well)! I have it set up as a bookmark on my phone and mac - one click to the latest West Ham news from across the globe. Unfortunately, you sometimes get some random stuff on there with anything vaguely connected to west/ham/hammers and iron. It still makes for some interesting reading though.

http://www.newsnow.co.uk/h/Sport/Footba ... Ham+United" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
cockney hammer
Resident badge expert

Post by cockney hammer »

WHID to deserve this? wrote:Newsnow.co.uk

Its tries to do your job (but not as well)! I have it set up as a bookmark on my phone and mac - one click to the latest West Ham news from across the globe. Unfortunately, you sometimes get some random stuff on there with anything vaguely connected to west/ham/hammers and iron. It still makes for some interesting reading though.

http://www.newsnow.co.uk/h/Sport/Footba ... Ham+United" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

after i do the papers i use that for the other bits and bobs and i never see that one

thanks again
cockney hammer
Resident badge expert

Post by cockney hammer »

MAIL ON SUNDAY
Wayne Rooney is to have urgent summit talks with new Manchester United manager David Moyes as the club attempt to resolve the impasse over the England striker's future created by his fall-out with Sir Alex Ferguson.

Footballer of the Year Gareth Bale will hold talks with Tottenham before the summer transfer window opens to discuss his future amid growing interest from Real Madrid in the £60million Welshman.

THE SUN SUNDAY

Arjen Robben hit a late winner to crown Bayern Munich kings of Europe at last.

Roberto Martinez is ready to tell Dave Whelan he wants to leave Wigan - paving the way for his move to Goodison Park... Jose Mourinho reckons he can turn Romelu Lukaku into the new Didier Drogba.
SUNDAY MIRROR

David Moyes will make Marouane Fellaini his first signing at Manchester United.

Manuel Pellegrini will be handed over £100million of talent to turn Manchester City back into winners... Jose Mourinho faces the threat of being banned as soon as he returns to Chelsea.
DAILY STAR SUNDAY

David Moyes is planning to make Luka Modric his first signing for Manchester United.

Arjen Robben was Bayern Munich's Wembley king last night as he scored the winner against Borussia Dortmund...Manuel Pellegrini will pick up a £1million bonus if he leads Manchester City to Champions League glory.
THE SUNDAY TIMES

Bayern Munich avenged their heartbreaking defeat in last year's Champions League final with a dramatic 2-1 victory over their compatriots Borussia Dortmund at Wembley last night.

Jose Mourinho has agreed a four-year contract to manage Chelsea for a second time.
INDEPENDENT ON SUNDAY

Arjen Robben's glory goal came 12 months after his lowest point when he missed the penalty that would have given Bayern Munich victory over Chelsea.

SUNDAY EXPRESS

Manchester United are planning a shock £25million move to bring Barcelona midfield star Cesc Fabregas back to the Premier League.

SUNDAY TELEGRAPH

Real Madrid are ready to test Tottenham Hotspur's insistence that Gareth Bale is not for sale at any price this summer by making a £60million bid for the Wales international..
Swiss Pauli
Has liked: 423 likes
Total likes: 155 likes

Post by Swiss Pauli »

Cheers, CH.
cockney hammer
Resident badge expert

Post by cockney hammer »

Roberto Martinez is ready to tell Dave Whelan he wants to leave Wigan - paving the way for his move to Goodison Park.
Jose Mourinho reckons he can turn Romelu Lukaku into the new Didier Drogba.
Arsenal are closing in on Swansea centre-back Ashley Williams - and it could mean Thomas Vermaelen leaving the Emirates.
Cardiff are set to swoop for Norwich defender Leon Barnett.
Andreas Weimann plans showdown talks with Aston Villa this week.
Owen Coyle is being lined up as the new manager of Wolves.

David Moyes will make Marouane Fellaini his first signing at Manchester United.
Manuel Pellegrini will be handed over £100million of talent to turn Manchester City back into winners.
Jose Mourinho faces the threat of being banned as soon as he returns to Chelsea.
Arsenal are set to win the battle to land Sunderland goalkeeper Simon Mignolet.
Newcastle will step up their interest in Vitesse Arnhem striker Wilfried Bony after a double transfer blow.
Manchester City have used their US tour to secure the future of skipper Vincent Kompany.
David Weir has emerged as a contender to become Everton's new manager if Roberto Martinez decides to stay at Wigan.
Michael Laudrup is heading for a clash with his Swansea bosses over the club's summer plans.

Luka Modric is the number one transfer target for new Manchester United boss David Moyes.
Wayne Rooney fears there could be no way back for him at Manchester United - with Real Madrid keen to offer an escape.
Roberto Martinez is ready to talk to Everton about becoming their new boss - after a final showdown with Wigan chairman Dave Whelan.
Paolo Di Canio will meet Sunderland owner Ellis Short tomorrow for talks which could have major repercussions for his future.
Manchester United coach Rene Mulensteen is ready to snub David Moyes and leave Old Trafford.
Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger is ready to move for Juventus midfielder Paul Pogba.
Fernando Torres and Edin Dzeko are Fiorentina's top two transfer targets.
Michael Laudrup's future at Swansea has been plunged into doubt by a behind-the-scenes row.
Romelu Lukaku has invited Everton or Fulham to sign him on loan next season.
Swansea want to sign Wigan striker Arouna Kone for £5million.
Aston Villa boss Paul Lambert will let Stephen Ireland and Barry Bannan go as part of a major clear-out.
Kolo Toure is set to complete his move to Liverpool this week.
Leicester defender Wes Morgan is a target for Cardiff.
Hull are planning to make a bid for Bolton defender Marcos Alonso.
Newcastle midfielder Hatem Ben Arfa is a target for Monaco.
Paul Ince wants crisis talks with Blackpool chairman Karl Oyston as he faces the loss of key players.
QPR want Peterborough striker Dwight Gayle.
Blackburn are looking to sell Scott Dann and Martin Olsson to help balance the books - and avoid losing Jordan Rhodes.

David Moyes is planning to make Luka Modric his first signing for Manchester United.
Manuel Pellegrini will pick up a £1million bonus if he leads Manchester City to Champions League glory.
New Bayern Munich boss Pep Guardiola has been told he can forget about making a cheeky bid for Arsenal's Jack Wilshere.
Andreas Weimann is set to decide his Aston Villa future this week.
Real Madrid want Luis Suarez - and expect him to link up with fellow Uruguayan Edinson Cavani.
Newcastle are eyeing QPR's Chris Samba as a potential replacement for Fabricio Coloccini.
Roberto Martinez will decide this week whether to stay with Wigan - or throw his hat in the ring for the Everton job.
Arsenal's transfer plans have been rocked by the news that Stevan Jovetic is set to join Juventus.
Newcastle are set to switch their striker search to Vitesse Arnhem's Wilfried Bony.
Monaco are keen on Fulham striker Dimitar Berbatov, according to reports in France.
Newcastle hope to steal Thomas Ince from under Liverpool's noses.
Fulham are interested in Ajax winger Ryan Babel.
Owen Coyle is being lined up for a return to management with Wolves.
Middlesbrough and Sheffield Wednesday are eyeing Newcastle striker Shola Ameobi.
Henning Berg has emerged as a surprise contender for the Millwall job.
Huddersfield want Charlton midfielder Dale Stephen

Manchester United are planning a shock £25million move to bring Barcelona midfield star Cesc Fabregas back to the Premier League.
Stoke want to appoint Mark Hughes as their new boss - but only if he agrees to certain restrictions.

Wayne Rooney is to have urgent summit talks with new Manchester United manager David Moyes as the club attempt to resolve the impasse over the England striker's future created by his fall-out with Sir Alex Ferguson.
Gareth Bale will hold talks with Tottenham before the summer transfer window opens to discuss his future amid growing interest from Real Madrid in the £60million Welshman.
Rafa Benitez is expected to finalise a two-year deal with Napoli this week.
Aston Villa will make a £3million move for Peterborough striker Dwight Gayle.
Leicester are trying to persuade former manager Martin O'Neill to return to the club.
Everton have identified David Weir as an alternative managerial candidate to Roberto Martinez if the Spaniard decides to stay at Wigan.

Jose Mourinho has agreed a four-year contract to manage Chelsea for a second time.

Real Madrid are ready to test Tottenham's insistence that Gareth Bale is not for sale at any price this summer by making a £60million bid for the Wales international.
Everton are to step up their efforts to recruit their new manager this week with an approach to speak to Wigan boss Roberto Martinez, although consideration is being given to former Manchester United striker Ole Gunnar Solskjaer.
Manchester City are hoping to announce the signing of Edinson Cavani soon after Manuel Pellegrini is appointed as the club's new manager.
SiamHammer
Has liked: 1078 likes
Total likes: 203 likes

Post by SiamHammer »

Cheers CH
cockney hammer
Resident badge expert

Post by cockney hammer »

Chelsea eye Ronaldo, Piszczek to Arsenal, Crouch to West Ham?

A Ronaldo move from Real Madrid to Chelsea would certainly set pulses racing in west London, but the Sunday Telegraph’s Jason Burt isn’t optimistic. “I think he wants to stay at Madrid. The change of manager might make him stay even though he and José Mourinho have been close in the past. Chelsea are interested, why wouldn’t they be? Whether or not they can get it done is another matter. I give it nine out of 10 for interest and four out of 10 for it actually happening.”

Like a bad boyfriend, John Cross of the Mirror refuses to commit when it comes to a Gunners move for Borussia Dortmund right-back Piszczek. “I’m going to sit firmly on the fence on this one and give it a five out of 10. He’s an outstanding player and I know they’ve watched him countless times. But can they get the deal done? Dortmund are in such a good place. Does he swap that for the Premier League? More pressing is Bacary Sagna. A few months ago it looked like he was definitely leaving, but they might have found a compromise that’ll see him stay on for another year. So Piszczek might be on Arsenal’s wish list, but they’ve got more pressing matters elsewhere.”

Last, and definitely least, could Stoke striker Crouch be looking for a new club soon? Dave Kidd of the People thinks so, but it might not be West Ham. “Big Sam [Allardyce] likes a big man up front, but it sounds as if West Ham are confident they can get Andy Carroll. They’re also talking about Romelu Lukaku on loan. So they’re after several big men and Carroll is the most likely. In terms of Crouch, it depends who comes in at Stoke. They’ll probably be looking for a manager who plays football in a different way to Tony Pulis. So for Crouch to leave I give seven out of 10, but to go to West Ham, three out of 10.”
cockney hammer
Resident badge expert

Post by cockney hammer »

official site
Sir Trevor honours hero Moore
http://www.whufc.com/articles/20130526/ ... 84_3186419" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
WHU Independent
Has liked: 1638 likes
Total likes: 507 likes

Post by WHU Independent »

Top stuff CH. I see you have stopped looking at the grott sights now and are now concentrating on getting this done ;)
cockney hammer
Resident badge expert

Post by cockney hammer »

WHU Independent wrote:Top stuff CH. I see you have stopped looking at the grott sights now and are now concentrating on getting this done ;)

lol
cockney hammer
Resident badge expert

Post by cockney hammer »

forgot my manners again thanks to xander for the quality banner above
RyanWHUFC
Total likes: 1 like

Post by RyanWHUFC »

Cheers CH

His opinion on Matt Taylor is wrong, so so wrong. I'd rather keep GON than Taylor he has been woeful at the best of times and that is putting it nicely...
Philosophical Dan
KUMB's campest cyclist
Location: 10 PRINT "Philosophical Dan is Skill! "; 20 GOTO 10

Post by Philosophical Dan »

I wouldn't be shocked if Carlton fancied a trip to LA. Think he'd absolutely love it there - great weather, some lovely places to visit and live, take it easy on his knees & ankles playing some slightly less competitive football.
ageing hammer
Has liked: 484 likes
Total likes: 1475 likes

Post by ageing hammer »

Cheers CH Spot on about the banner it's absolutely quality mate and the BOTD well ...my ticker is racing over it :D
kitthehammer
Has liked: 74 likes
Total likes: 303 likes

Post by kitthehammer »

Blimey a few things to disagree with there! I didn't see matt taylor contribute anything much this season and to say that oniell should go before him is harsh to say the least. I can't see what either crouch or shelvey would bring us.
cockney hammer
Resident badge expert

Post by cockney hammer »

BOTD well ...my ticker is racing over it

carry on like that and we will have to stop you looking at the botd i will get the gaffer to block it for you :D