sunday's news 26th may includes west ham

An archive of Cockney Hammer's West Ham-related daily news digests from 2009-2015. For the latest daily digests, see the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

cockney hammer
Resident badge expert
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 143 likes

Re: sunday's news 26th may includes west ham

Post by cockney hammer »

West Ham, The Speculation And The ‘ITKs’

Wilfried-Bony1Now, us fans, at West Ham United are like any other supporter in the land when it comes to speculation about who is joining our club. We love to hear who could be joining and who could be leaving. I am no different, but in the last couple of seasons, with Twitter being more popular than ever, we have these people called ‘ITK’ – for those who don’t know, it stands for ‘In The Know’.

ITK’s seem to pop up all over the place these days, telling us news and behind the scenes transfer dealings, and telling us at what stage negotiations are with each player.

However, what I have had to do, and what I have done over the last year, is weed out who is actually in the know, and who is actually talking a load of rubbish. I have 2 or 3 who I follow who have given reliable information, and predict signings a few weeks in advance. These people also don’t have the ITK initials after their names. They are realistic in their tweets, and they do not copy from Twitter accounts.

Even with the 2/3 that I think are reliable, unfortunately, people cannot believe anything until it is reported on the official West Ham United website, or it is tweeted by David Gold or by Jack Sullivan. Even Jack Sullivan is not great, bearing in mind he said we would have two signings to announce this week, and we’ve only had one.

I hate to be the spoil sport, but I suggest you ignore all of the speculation, unless it is reported as suggested above, or 3 to 4 news sources are reporting it. Also remember that due to the fact the season has finished, Journalists are looking to fill their papers. Only a small amount of it is actually true.

Enjoy the speculation, enjoy the drama, and enjoy your summers……
rciron
Has liked: 294 likes
Total likes: 16 likes

Re: sunday's news 26th may includes west ham

Post by rciron »

Cheers CH :thup: