thursday's news 4th july includes west ham

An archive of Cockney Hammer's West Ham-related daily news digests from 2009-2015. For the latest daily digests, see the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

cockney hammer
Resident badge expert
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 143 likes

thursday's news 4th july includes west ham

Post by cockney hammer »

45 day's to go

Loan arrangers? There are plenty of takers for Zaha if Moyes wants to farm him out

Crystal Palace want Manchester United's Wilfried Zaha back on loan

Fulham
, West Ham and Crystal Palace are all waiting to find out whether new Manchester United manager David Moyes is ready to send Wilfried Zaha out on loan.

All three clubs have submitted bids to offer the 20-year-old wonderkid regular first-team football next season.

Zaha, bought by then-United boss Alex Ferguson in January but loaned back to south Londoners Palace for the second half of last season, wants to stay at the Old Trafford giants.

But with Moyes looking at more experienced players, it is not certain Zaha will get the regular action at the champions he will be looking for.

Although United have begun their pre-season, Zaha is still on holiday after playing for England at last month's European Under-21 Championship.

The clubs chasing him will only discover whether their loan bid has been successful once Moyes has had a chance to assess him in pre-season.

Boreham Wood versus West Ham United – Match Preview

by John Mead

Arf12Wood open their prestigious Pre-Season programme with the visit of The Hammers. It will be the first chance for fans of the East London Premiership side to see their charges in action on English soil this Season.

The exciting prospect of seeing £15 million Andy Carroll in action, alongside an already star studded strike force is sure to attract a sizeable crowd for the occasion. Carlton Cole and Joe Cole could also be newcomers to Meadow Park, along with Ricardo Vaz Te who can show his fellow strikers around the facilities having featured in last Season’s 1 – 1 draw.

With skipper Kevin Nolan and the ever present Mark Noble also due to return to Meadow Park, there are more mouth watering signings who will surely play a part on the day. Jussi Jaaskelainen will no doubt look out for his understudy, twenty-six year old Adrian who arrives from Real Betis, where he was a regular first choice ‘keeper in last Season’s La Liga.

Chelsea fans will instantly recognise Razvan Rat a thirty-one year old defender who played twice against the Blues last Season for Shahktar Donetsk. In his ten year stay with the Ukrainian Champions he has helped them to seven League Titles, whilst featuring eighty-one times for his country, Romania.

The Hammers last signing to date is a nineteen year old midfield prospect in the shape of Danny Whitehead who arrives from Stockport County.

Like The Hammers Wood have already returned to training, with their first session last Saturday. Wood Manager Ian Allinson has retained all of his midfield and defence from last Season, with the exception of Chez Isaac who steps up to Conference Premier standard with Braintree Town. His slot has been filled with the experienced Mark Bentley who will also work as a PASE Coach at the Club after joining from Hayes & Yeading United.

Ian has expressed his desire to “Sharpen up the front line that in reality did not compliment the excellent work the rest of the side did last Season. We are looking at three or four options and will hopefully be unveiling one or two before the West Ham United game.”

Boreham Wood versus West Ham United. Wednesday 10 July 2013, Kick off 7.30pm.

Carlton Cole have i mised something :D

West Ham United miss out on Massimo Ambrosini
Massimo Ambrosini

West Ham United looked to have missed out on the signing of AC Milan midfielder Massimo Ambrosini after the player's agent revealed that he is close to joining Fiorentina.

The 36-year-old left the San Siro at the end of last season and has since been linked with a move to a number of clubs as well as a switch to the MLS.

However, Ambrosini's agent Moreno Roggi admits that his client is likely to make the switch to Florence and stay in Italy rather than join West Ham.

"We are close to defining something," Moreno Roggi told Radio Blu.

"He will enter a new group and be ready to take whatever role is asked of him.

"Florence is a really beautiful town and the club has a big project."

Ambrosini spent 18 years with Milan.

official site
Fans flock to bag home shirt
http://www.whufc.com/articles/20130703/ ... 84_3227566" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Could an in form Salamon Kalou return to the Premier League and London this summer?

West Ham line up £3 million 11 goals in last 12 games former Chelsea striker

West Ham United have already made some excellent signings in the transfer window this summer. Of course the signing of Andy Carroll dominates the most headlines but the signing of Razvan Rat on a free transfer from Shakhtar Donetsk is also a shrewd piece of business by Sam Allardyce.

And now it seems they could be after yet another astute arrival.

The Hammers appear to have lost out on the services of Ivory Coast international Wilfried Bony of Vitesse Arnhem after there bid was reportedly rejected by his current club Vitesse Arnhem. However the Eredivise club are reported to be in advanced discussion with Premier League rivals Swansea City for his transfer.

But The Hammers have not looked far for his replacement with a different Ivorian being linked to the club; a name we should all know too well.

Former Chelsea forward Salamon Kalou is reportedly seeking a move back to English football after one season at Ligue 1 outfit Lille with West Brom and Cardiff City said to be keeping an eye on developments.

He did in fact recently confirm his desire to one day return to our shores:

“Playing in the Premier League was amazing and I want to have that feeling again. It is still the best league in the world. The supporters there are so passionate and know everything about the game. You see fans making fun of their opponents and singing songs and in other places you don’t have that. It gives England an extra edge.”

The news that he reportedly has a £3million buy-out clause in the contract he signed as a free transfer last summer has also come as music to the ears of Premier League suitors.

But while we may remember him as an inconsistent and frustrating talent Lille fans are desperate for him to stay; because at the end of last season the 27-year-old was in scintillating form.

After scoring his fifth goal of the campaign against Bordeaux in March he went on a scoring rampage; netting a further 10 goals in 11 games including doubles against Reims, Sochaux and Lorient.

If he can carry that level of consistency through pre-season and potentially into the Premier League; whoever gets him would have in their arsenal a frighteningly in-form goalscorer.

Is Kalou a sufficient alternative to Bony?

What Does Next Season Hold For West Ham Ace?

Jack Collison James TomkinsMidfielder Jack Collison has had mixed fortunes at Upton Park over the past few years. The young Welshman was an essential feature in our recent promotion but he has also been plagued by injury, which seems to continuously keep him sidelined for massive chunks of the football season.

With the recent influx of new players arriving at Upton Park and the transfer window being far from closed, it’s interesting to consider how a player who struggles to stay fit will feature in West Ham’s upcoming season.

Collison has been a very important and valued player to West Ham in the past. He signed a long term contract in August 2011, with Gold making it perfectly clear on Twitter the month prior that Collison was not for sale. But throughout his career Collison has been away from the game for long periods of time whilst recovering from a serious knee condition caused by injury.

Big Sam has told The Sun in recent months that Collison will never fully recover from his knee problems, saying: “It’s a great shame when such a young man has to be burdened with the fact that his knee is never going to be 100 per cent” and also revealed that he has to be cautious not to over train, and that he must rest heavily between training sessions.

His injuries have certainly frustrated him, but not dampened his determination to play. In June last year he said: ”It was frustrating to miss the first part of the season and perhaps I’ve paid for that by not getting as many minutes as I’d hoped for. But then any time on the pitch is great for me. I’m just desperate to get out there and try my hardest, do my bit for the team, show the manager I can play and be a big part of his plans.”

But regardless of how badly Collison wants to play football, have his very unfortunate injuries severely impacted his career, and what does that mean for his future at Upton Park?

Do we stick by a player who may never be 100% fit (but, in my opinion, still changes a game when he steps onto the pitch) or cut our losses and allow him to head off to another club? There have been whispers online that Collison may be wanted by Wigan, but these rumours have not been substantiated or verified.

I would be sad to see him go off anywhere. I think the man has a strong work ethic, and brings games back to life when he comes on as a sub. I worry he may never be able to play 90 minutes week in and week out, but I would take a substitute appearance every other week if that’s all he can manage.

Collison has said in the past that it’s “nice to have the security of knowing my future is at West Ham,” and does not seem likely to want to leave that security anytime soon- but realistically, is this a security that West Ham are still able to offer him- and how much will we see of Jack next season?

Jury’s still out for me on how much he’ll play, but I’ll certainly be grateful for every minute he manages to give us.

Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho is thought to want to bolster his midfield with Italy star Daniele De Rossi
Daily Mirror

Real Madrid winger Cristiano Ronaldo, 28, admits he misses former club Manchester United - but has ruled out an imminent return to Old Trafford.

the Guardian

Meanwhile, the Spanish giants have put their bid to lure Tottenham star Gareth Bale, 23, on hold - for this summer at least.

Marca

Manchester United striker Wayne Rooney, 27, must submit a written transfer request if he wants to leave Old Trafford.
Daily Mail

Premier League newcomers Crystal Palace are waiting to find out whether new Manchester United manager David Moyes is willing to let Wilfried Zaha return to Selhurst Park on loan. Fulham and West Ham are also keen on the England international, 20.
Daily Mirror

Queens Park Rangers manager Harold Redwanker wants to sign Tottenham's England midfielder Scott Parker, 32, as the Hoops aim to secure an immediate return to the Premier League.
London Evening Standard

Manchester City's second-choice goalkeeper Costel Pantilimon, 26, is set to stay with the Blues after being told he is part of new boss Manuel Pellegrini's plans.

Manchester Evening News

Premier League new boys Hull City are considering a move for out-of-favour Stoke City midfielder Wilson Palacios. The Honduras international, 28, played under Tigers boss Steve Bruce at both Birmingham and Wigan.

Hull Daily Mail

Championship side Blackpool are keen on signing Scotland defender Christophe Berra, 28, following his release by recently relegated Wolves.

Blackpool Gazette

Former Manchester City striker Roque Santa Cruz revealed he is close to signing for Serie A club Bologna. The Paraguayan, 31, said that family issues played a key role in his decision to seek a move to Italy.

Corriere dello Sport

England will drop to 13th in the Fifa world rankings - their lowest position in five years - when the new list is announced on Thursday.

Daily Mirror

Goalkeeper Shay Given, 37, has been left out of Aston Villa's pre-season tour of Germany - joining 29-year-old striker Darren Bent on the periphery of Paul Lambert's squad.

Daily Mail

Bayern Munich's kit sponsors adidas admit they are "negatively surprised" by new signing Mario Gotze wearing a Nike T-shirt in the media conference to mark his arrival at the German champions.
the Sun

Chelsea goalkeeper Petr Cech is enjoying his summer break by playing drums for one of the Czech Republic's biggest bands at a rock festival.
Metro

ARSENAL’S Ryo Miyaichi is off back to Feyenoord on loan.

The Japan midfielder, 20, had a spell in Holland in 2011 and Gunners boss Arsene Wenger wants him to gain more experience.

TORE ANDRE FLO has returned to Chelsea as Academy coach.

The Norway striker, 40, was a favourite during his spell at Stamford Bridge from 1997-2000.

He said: “I’m excited as anyone about Jose Mourinho. I cannot wait to get started to give the young players some advice.”

CRYSTAL PALACE have signed Peterborough striker Dwight Gayle for a club-record £6million.

Gayle, who was playing Essex League football in 2011, has penned a four-year deal.

The 22-year-old said: “To be playing in the Premier League from where I’ve come from is a big achievement.”

LEEDS have turned down a £3million bid for defender Sam Byram, 19, from Crystal Palace.

ARSENAL’S bid to sign Clement Grenier has been rejected by Lyon, claims the French star, 22.

BOURNEMOUTH boss Eddie Howe is taking on ex-Cherries ace Stephen Purches as a coach.

CHESTERFIELD snapped up midfielder Sam Morsy, 21, from Port Vale on a two-year deal.

EX-OLDHAM No 1 Dean Bouzanis, 22, flew to Greece yesterday to sign a two-year deal at Aris.

http://static.nuts.co.uk/images/gallery ... abe_50.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
El Hierro

Re: thursday's news 4th july includes west ham

Post by El Hierro »

Cheers CH
Tristan Shout
An unhealthy interest in "Dogging"
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 34 likes

Post by Tristan Shout »

Cheers CH :clap:
cockney hammer
Resident badge expert

Post by cockney hammer »

Tristan Shout wrote:Cheers CH :clap:

no problem mate
cockney hammer
Resident badge expert

Post by cockney hammer »

El Hierro wrote:Cheers CH

you are welcome
Hummer_I_mean_Hammer
Has liked: 941 likes
Total likes: 479 likes

Post by Hummer_I_mean_Hammer »

cheers CH
cockney hammer
Resident badge expert

Post by cockney hammer »

Hummer_I_mean_Hammer wrote:cheers CH
no problem
cockney hammer
Resident badge expert

Post by cockney hammer »

off to work have a good day chaps
westlondonhammer
Has liked: 1049 likes
Total likes: 1331 likes

Post by westlondonhammer »

Kalou would be absolutely perfect for the way we set up...and for 3 million, he would be one of the signings of the window :thup:

Ta CH
Chicken Run Supreme
Has liked: 855 likes
Total likes: 823 likes

Post by Chicken Run Supreme »

Cheers CH, as always.
Doc H Ball
Has liked: 917 likes
Total likes: 1919 likes

Post by Doc H Ball »

Ta mucker :thup:
west ham15
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by west ham15 »

Cheers CH :thup:
rciron
Has liked: 294 likes
Total likes: 16 likes

Post by rciron »

nobleforengland

Post by nobleforengland »

Moxy

Post by Moxy »

Cheers CH!
kitthehammer
Has liked: 74 likes
Total likes: 303 likes

Post by kitthehammer »

Someone should also tell Boreham Wood fans that Carroll wont be playing either. The match will probably consist of a very laid back performance from squad members in the first half and kids in the second. Still, i'm going along.
I'd be very happy if we sign Kalou.
Adie64
Has liked: 463 likes

Post by Adie64 »

Thanks CH. :thup:
Coops
Has liked: 442 likes
Total likes: 574 likes

Post by Coops »

Yes please to Kalou.

Cheers CH.
Hambrosia Stu

Post by Hambrosia Stu »

Cheers CH. Good man yourself :thup:

Nice article about Jack. Pretty much summed up my feelings. On the one hand I do think he's one of our most gifted players, and agree often he "brings games back to life when he comes on as a sub". If it weren't for his horrendous luck with injuries, he'd be the player I would be most excited about in terms of his long term prospects.
But on the other hand there are his injury problems, which have obviously held him back, and you do wonder how much of his potential he is ever likely to reach if those injury problems are so limiting.
I guess we hope he has a career like Ledley King, a player who was absolutely key to his side when he was fit and in form.
I can see absolutely no point in even entertaining the idea of letting him go. He has a long contract, so I just hope that that gives him enough time to gradually make himself indispensible, even if that is as a squad player, rather than someone looking to play 35+ games a season

As for the Kalou story, I can't help thinking he'd be a cracking player for us. Just what we need. A perfect fit into Sam's system, plenty of talent and experience, and just the type of player we should be looking at in terms of getting in someone who can fill the wide right position we are looking to fill
Hambrosia Stu

Post by Hambrosia Stu »

double post. Sorry!