sunday's news 7th july includes west ham

An archive of Cockney Hammer's West Ham-related daily news digests from 2009-2015. For the latest daily digests, see the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

cockney hammer
Resident badge expert
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 143 likes

Re: sunday's news 7th july includes west ham

Post by cockney hammer »

Philosophical Dan wrote:Barton? FFS.

what i thought as well mate i do not want that scum bag within a hundred miles of our club
Kitt the car
Has liked: 13 likes
Total likes: 155 likes

Post by Kitt the car »

Nice little article with Jarvis which confirmed what I thought with him being our 'record signing' put a lot of pressure on him, I'm looking forward to how he performs next season without the burden and being able to relax more.

Cheers CH
Oldun
Has liked: 172 likes
Total likes: 568 likes

Post by Oldun »

Cheers CH,good stuff as usual.
I must admit I had to read that piece by Andrew Dillion a couple of times,because the first time i could not believe what I was reading.
It seems its a pop at Sam for saying what everyone knows about the modern game,whether you like it or not it is a results game and every manager and club are caught up in it but this clown picks out Sam to blame.
What made it worse was is his praise of the all time loser Redwanker,so it's alright for Redwanker to spunk millions and manage a team who turned in woeful performances under his management but it not for Sam to get us into a settled Premiership club.
Andrew Dillion you are a prize cuntox.
cockney hammer
Resident badge expert

Post by cockney hammer »

harold can do no wrong sadly
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 258 likes
Total likes: 1161 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

Cheers CH ~ Well, not much news there was there? The players visited a wildlife park in Ireland and CC might join Crystal Palace, something we have all known now for about 2 weeks. Thanks all the same and keep up the good work
cockney hammer
Resident badge expert

Post by cockney hammer »

West Ham given transfer boost in midfielder pursuit

West Ham have been given a boost in their bid to sign a central midfielder as target Dejan Stankovic has been released by Inter Milan, as reported by Sky Sports.

The Hammers were rejected by Italy international Massimo Ambrosini this week who has joined Fiorentina but boss Sam Allardyce is keen to tie down Stankovic on a one year deal.

The Serbia international has seen his time at Inter disrupted by injuries but the 34 year old still won five Serie A titles and one Champions League medal.

West Ham midfielder Gary O’Neill rejected a new contract at the club and so the Hammers are keen to plug the gap on the middle of the park before turning focus on signing another striker.

“I don’t know if I can find the right words to say goodbye and to thank you properly for everything you have given me, your affection, your trust and your honesty,” wrote Stankovic in a letter to fans on Inter’s official website.

“The last ten years have been the best of my life. I have grown both as a man and, with immense joy, as a footballer.”
Graza

Post by Graza »

cockney hammer wrote:

what i thought as well mate i do not want that scum bag within a hundred miles of our club
Let's hope it's lazy journalism, we need a new o'neil, Barton needs a club, Sam likes a battler. Since he left Newcastle we have been linked with that "gentleman" and we probably will be until Sam moves on.
The Rebirth
It's all about the confidence

Post by The Rebirth »

Despite him being a **** head.

He is a solid player and we need someone who is a battler. Barton can play on the right too and has experience in this league.
ricicles

Post by ricicles »

If BFS can manage Barton, I wouldn't be too disappointed.

It appears Marseille has done him the world of good, and I honestly believe he would enhance the squad. On a free, 50k a week over 2 years, works out roughly 5mill with no transfer fee. If he behaves and performs it would be a no brainer. I cant see it happening though
DaveWHU1964
Has liked: 1296 likes
Total likes: 684 likes

Post by DaveWHU1964 »

Cheers as ever CH.

Loving your new 'old piccies' thread by the way.
cockney hammer
Resident badge expert

Post by cockney hammer »

ricicles wrote:If BFS can manage Barton, I wouldn't be too disappointed.

It appears Marseille has done him the world of good, and I honestly believe he would enhance the squad. On a free, 50k a week over 2 years, works out roughly 5mill with no transfer fee. If he behaves and performs it would be a no brainer. I cant see it happening though

i still would touch him with a barge pole corn flakes

sorry ricicles :D