poets day news 12th july includes west ham

An archive of Cockney Hammer's West Ham-related daily news digests from 2009-2015. For the latest daily digests, see the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

cockney hammer
Resident badge expert
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 143 likes

poets day news 12th july includes west ham

Post by cockney hammer »

37 day's to go

Chelsea striker Romelu Lukaku has turned down a loan move to West Ham this summer

EXCLUSIVE: Chelsea striker Romelu Lukaku turns down West Ham loan

Chelsea-striker-Romelu-Lukaku-has-turned-down-a-loan-move-to-West-Ham-this-summer Chelsea striker Romelu Lukaku has turned down a loan move to West Ham this summer

West Ham are now on the hunt for another striker.

Lukaku’s 17 goals on loan at West Brom last season convinced Hammers manager Sam Allardyce to target the big, young centre-forward.

Allardyce, who is also interested in Lukaku’s Chelsea team-mate Demba Ba, made his move this week, but met with a swift rejection from Stamford Bridge.

Lukaku, 20, has been told by new Chelsea boss Mourinho that he will get the chance of first-team football at Stamford Bridge this season because the Portuguese wants to get a good look at the powerful striker who has been labelled the new Didier Drogba.

Former Hammer Ba however is a player that Allardyce is still tracking and has also made a loan move for, but Chelsea would prefer to sell as they prepare to make way for a new striker this summer.

TARGET ... Kuzmanovic (playing for Stuttgart)

Hammers do the biz for Kuz

WEST HAM are poised to make a move for Inter Milan midfielder Zdravko Kuzmanovic.

The Serbian international, 25, does not figure in new coach Walter Mazzarri’s plans.

The Hammers have also been lifted by news that striker Andy Carroll could recover from a heel injury in time for the Premier League big kick-off on August 17.

There were fears that he would be out until mid-September

neil mcdonald interview

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sp ... Milan.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

West Ham move for Inter Milan midfielder

West Ham are poised to make a move for Inter Milan midfielder Zdravko Kuzmanovic.

The Serbian international looks set to leave the San Siro as reports in Italy suggest he does not appear to feature under new coach Walter Mazzarri.

Sam Allardyce is keen to strengthen his midfield after Gary O'Neil left the club during the summer and uncertainty surrounds the future of Alou Diarra.

Kuzmanovic, 25, has a wealth of experience having played for FC Basel, Fiorentina and Stuttgart and would relish the chance to play in the Premier League.

West Ham have already signed Andy Carroll, Razvan Rat and Adrian during the summer and could be set to make an offer for the talented midfielder in the near future.

Is one more signing Enough?

Sam Allardyce has been reported as stating that the club are looking to sign a second striker and that will probably conclude the transfer business in this window. If we take this statement at face value, we must ask whether that level of transfer business be enough to ensure that we can 'push on' from last season's 10th place PL finish?

To recap, to date, we have signed Rat (left-back), Adrian (goalkeeper), Carroll (centre forward) and Whitehead (midfield). In terms of outgoing moves, Carlton Cole, O'Neill and Hall have exited. In assessing the current squad, the following are variable factors: the apparent return from loan of Alou Diarra, the impressive pre-season form of Ravel Morrison and the readiness of any of the Development Squad youngsters to step up and make a positive impact. Indeed, could Chambers, Potts, Moncur, Lee, Turgott, or McCallum make the breakthrough this season and add to the first team mix? In terms of our goal keeping stable, we are probably provided for by the triumvirate of Jussi, Adrian and Spiegel. Arguably, we are also well covered in defence, particularly if Chambers makes the anticipated breakthrough and Diarra's presence means that we have a competent auxillary centre-back. At full-back, we certainly have the numbers with JOB, Demel, Spence, Rat, McCartney and Potts. However, should we seek to improve the quality at right-back?

In midfield, we can select from: Noble, Diarra, Diame, Joe Cole, Collison, Nolan, Taylor, Morrison, Moncur and Whitehead. In attack, we currently have: Jarvis, Carroll, Maiga, Turgott, Carroll, Lee, Vaz Te and McCallum. If we retain all of our current midfield, and Morrison adds to the creativity, then we should be strong enough in that department. However, one can understand Allardyce's emphasis upon adding to our attack. We definitely need another centre forward to cover and compete with Carroll. But do we need a mobile and pacy third striker on loan to ensure that we have enough flexibility and strength in depth? Or should we trust in Maiga, Vaz Te and Lee stepping up to the plate? Similarly, we only have Jarvis who is a natural wide player. Yes, Cole, Taylor, Collison, Vaz Te and Maiga can play there, but would we not benefit from signing another pacy, natural wide player, like Kalou or Downing?

If money was not an obstacle then we should probably sign a right-back, a centre forward, a third striker and a wide player to help us push in to the top eight of the PL. This is not likely to be the case, so we can probably get away with a centre forward and either a wide player or a third striker. In the case of a player like Zapata, we would possibly acquire a player that combine a wide role with proficiency as a central striker, thus effectively' killing two birds with one stone.' However, in the latter scenerio, the outcome will very much depend on the variables factors going our way, such as avoiding major injuries/suspensions and the likes of Morrison, Maiga and Diarra delivering next season.

One thing is sure and that is that Allardyce appears to have built a very good collective team spirit. And that can positively assist the squad to give 100% and over-perform. If we can just add that bit of extra quality in one or two key positions, then we could potentially do very well next season and make a serious challenge for European qualification.

SJ. Chandos.

What might have been for West Ham?

Zavon HinesAfter hearing the news that former West Ham academy graduate Zavon Hines had been released by Bradford, it made me think what could have been.

A player that possessed much promise and one we had high hopes for, not only at domestic level but internationally too. In the summer of 2011 Zavon turned down the chance to stay with the Hammers instead signing a contract with Burnley, a move the player must now regret?

Since leaving East London Zavon’s career has plummeted; initially I thought letting him go to Championship rivals at the time Burnley would prove disastrous for us, but it appears to be the complete opposite and now he lays a far stretch from Premier League glory we hoped he would achieve.

With any luck Zavon can get his career back on track and hopefully his next suitors can give him that.

Sidenote: Could this been seen as a look into the future for Robert Hall?

Good luck to you Zavon

West Ham’s Close Season Dealings – A Statement of Intent Or A Damp Squib?

I’ve kept my head down for a few weeks. This, it has to be said, is not my favourite time of the year from a football writing perspective. It is the season for the ‘ITK’ (in the know) brigade on social networking sites to drive themselves, each other and unsuspecting gullibles to distraction with rumours and counter rumours. This close season I vowed not to become embroiled and, so far so good, I’m clean.

Most of my mates have received the message of my relative disinclination towards speculation too. Just the one text alleging a £10m bid for Bony, who I thought was a character in a Janet and Alan Ahlberg book series. Anyway, it turns out he’s a 24 year old Ivorian Coast striker playing in the Dutch league. Anyway, The Swans have captured him for a reported £12m so that’s the end of that one then.

Seems like quite a few bob, eh? Speaking of which, how does the reported £15m fee for Carroll grab you? I’m quite happy about it to be honest although I still think it is some £3m-£5m above his true value. What of the reported weekly wages? Any truth in the £100k per week figure? Or is it closer to the £60k that I think would be reasonable and actually I think is probably closer to the truth.

On the subject of ins and outs, I’ll tell you where I am at. Cole? Thank goodness he has gone. This guy has been breaking the trades description act for years in my view. One of the fundamental requirements of a striker is that he strikes (at goal that is, preferably with the ball ending up in the goal). In this department, Cole was out of his depth at Premier league level and we needed him off the payroll.

Hall’s departure saddens me. He is a player I really like and I am worried that this product of our Academy is likely to come back and bite us on the bum one day. Finally, on the negative side for me is the retention of Gary O’Neill who was reportedly on his way and then given a new deal.

(Update – the twitter fraternity seem pretty convinced that O’Neill has indeed exited, so I guess that you can disregard that sentence!)

So, those are my views. You got any?

if you go on there links page there is a fantastic website called boleyn badges well worth checking out
:D

Tottenham are to offer Aston Villa the choice of Benoit Assou-Ekotto, 29, Scott Parker, 32, Jake Livermore, 23, or Tom Huddlestone, 26, along with £20m in exchange for their 22-year-old Belgium international striker Christian Benteke.

The Sun

Arsenal could be stuck with Denmark striker Nicklas Bendtner, 25, as his prospective switch to Eintracht Frankfurt is close to collapse.

Daily Express

Arsenal are set to up their £30m bid for Liverpool's Uruguay international striker Luis Suarez, 26, as their attempts to buy Real Madrid striker Gonzalo Higuain, 25, falter.

London Evening Standard

Manchester City have suffered a setback in their quest to sign Alvaro Negredo, 27, after the Spanish striker claimed he was happy to stay at Sevilla.

Daily Mail

Fulham are considering a move for Liverpool's Uruguay international defender Sebastian Coates, with Brendan Rodgers prepared to sell the 22-year-old after he failed to make an impact in two years at Anfield.

Daily Mirror

Reds boss Rodgers says he is now targeting 'marquee signings' having already added four new players to his Liverpool squad.

Full story: The Independent

Promising 17-year-old left back Luke Shaw is set to reject offers from Manchester United and Chelsea and sign a new contract with Southampton.

Daily Express

Napoli striker Edinson Cavani, 26, is on the verge of a £54m move to Paris St-Germain.

The Independent

Trabzonspor have joined Turkish rivals Galatasaray in the race for Chelsea midfielder John Obi Mikel, 26.

The Sun

England coach Gary Neville believes English football has reached a "tipping point", with youth academies at the Premier League's elite clubs flooded by foreign recruits and short-term demands effectively blocking the progress of local talent.

the Guardian

Meanwhile, former Manchester United defender Neville is confident Wayne Rooney, 27, will not only stay at Old Trafford but will have the full backing of the club's supporters as soon as he starts playing again.

Daily Telegraph

The Football Association is to crack down on horror tackles that went unpunished by referees last season because of a loophole in its own rulebook.

Daily Mirror

Manchester City will table plans to expand capacity at both sides of their Etihad Stadium, giving them the potential to reach a 60,000 capacity.

The Independent

Three Belize players claimed they were approached to throw their Concacaf Gold Cup group match opener against the United States in Portland on Tuesday. They lost the game 6-1.

New York Post

Chelsea's online shop in the United States has scored a spectacular own goal this week by stocking a $16 Arsenal onesie in its collection of official Blues gear.

Metro

BLACKPOOL ace Tom Ince will give Cardiff a final answer today over an £8million move.

Cardiff boss Malky Mackay said: “We sign him or move on.”

STOKE are chasing Steve Harper. City boss Mark Hughes wants the keeper, 38 — who left Newcastle in June — as cover for Asmir Begovic.

SUNDERLAND are close to signing Spurs midfield ace Tom Huddlestone for £5million. He said: “I need to be playing matches.”

BAYERN MUNICH coach Pep Guardiola wants to hijack Manchester United’s bid for Thiago Alcantara from his former club Barcelona.

ESPANYOL have talked to Wigan about Ali Al Habsi. The keeper was dropped at the end of last season.

CRYSTAL PALACE are eyeing a shock bid for £5million-rated Sporting Lisbon and Portugal keeper Rui Patricio, 25.

FC TWENTE see Liverpool’s Oussama Assaidi, 24, as cover for Nacer Chadli, who is on his way to Spurs.

SWANSEA no longer want Alan Tate, Kemy Agustien, Luke Moore, Leroy Lita, and Curtis Obeng.

FANS queued all night to snap up all of Bournemouth’s tickets for a friendly with Real Madrid on July 21.

HAL ROBSON-KANU will stay at Reading despite interest from Cardiff and West Brom. The midfielder, 24, has signed a deal until 2016.

NEWCASTLE boss Alan Pardew has told Arsenal they will have to “blow the doors off” in order to buy their Dutch No 1 Tim Krul, 25.
Last edited by cockney hammer on Fri Jul 12, 2013 7:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jedi Al Khalaas
Shut that door ...
Has liked: 126 likes
Total likes: 113 likes

Re: poets day news 12th july includes west ham

Post by Jedi Al Khalaas »

Thanks CH
cockney hammer
Resident badge expert

Post by cockney hammer »

Jedi Al Khalaas wrote:Thanks CH

no problem mate
cockney hammer
Resident badge expert

Post by cockney hammer »

off to work have a good day chaps :crest:
mikee31

Post by mikee31 »

Thanks CH, have a good day.
El Hierro

Post by El Hierro »

Cheers CH
west ham15
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by west ham15 »

Cheers CH :thup:
Adie64
Has liked: 463 likes

Post by Adie64 »

Thanks CH. :thup:
BondsOfOslo

Post by BondsOfOslo »

First read every day CH - Thanks
FANS queued all night to snap up all of Bournemouth’s tickets for a friendly with Real Madrid on July 21.
What about our game there tomorrow. Any sign of a que ?
MrMum

Post by MrMum »

Cheers CH :crest:
nobleforengland

Post by nobleforengland »

Cheers CH :thup:
DaveWHU1964
Has liked: 1302 likes
Total likes: 679 likes

Post by DaveWHU1964 »

Wow- BOTD is a bit raunchy! She looks a bit like Marlene out of 'Only'Fools and Horses- and that's just fine by me :)

Thanks CH as always- you work so hard on this site.
ageing hammer
Has liked: 484 likes
Total likes: 1475 likes

Post by ageing hammer »

Thanks CH great banner :)
Moxy

Post by Moxy »

Cheers CH!
Los Martillos
Total likes: 1 like

Post by Los Martillos »

Cheers mate!

:crest:
Muddy
Has liked: 12 likes
Total likes: 27 likes

Post by Muddy »

Cheers CH
buckshammers

Post by buckshammers »

Happy 12th July to any N.Irish Hammers out there!
1860OnceMoore

Post by 1860OnceMoore »

Looks like Ince is waiting for a better offer to come along to me!

We should try to offer a couple of deadwoods + cash to Blackpool for him
Chicken Run Supreme
Has liked: 855 likes
Total likes: 823 likes

Post by Chicken Run Supreme »

Cheers CH, as always
saludo de carlitos

Post by saludo de carlitos »

Thanks for your effort CH :crest: