sunday's news 14th july includes west ham

An archive of Cockney Hammer's West Ham-related daily news digests from 2009-2015. For the latest daily digests, see the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Eastleigh Hammer

Re: sunday's news 14th july includes west ham

Post by Eastleigh Hammer »

One of the reports (the Bournemouth Mad one) claim that everyone involved in Collisons goal was offside. I assume they meant Collison and Vaz Te but Collison was definitely onside and Vaz Te wasn't really involved.

But I severely doubt we'll get that work permit. Crossed fingers though. We wouldn't have tried if we didn't think we had a chance
ageing hammer
Has liked: 486 likes
Total likes: 1491 likes

Post by ageing hammer »

Thanks CH chin up mate. :thup:
kayahammer
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by kayahammer »

Cheers CH - fantastic win in the ashes there!
cockney hammer
Resident badge expert
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 143 likes

Post by cockney hammer »

kayahammer wrote:Cheers CH - fantastic win in the ashes there!

spooky i just took the headphones off to go and see how we was getting on well done chaps
cockney hammer
Resident badge expert

Post by cockney hammer »

Zdravko Kuzmanovic: Sam Allardyce an admirer of Inter star

Sam Allardyce admits he admires Zdravko Kuzmanovic

West Ham manager Sam Allarydce has admitted his interest in Inter Milan attacking midfielder Zdravko Kuzmanovic.

The Serbia international, 25, only joined Inter from Stuttgart in January but looks set to move on this summer, and the Hammers are reportedly hoping to snap him up for around £5million.

Speaking after Saturday's 2-0 friendly win at Bournemouth, Allardyce said Kuzmanovic was on his radar but stopped short of admitting any bid.

Allardyce said: "He is a player I like, but I know nothing about it so cannot comment."

"For the first time in eight years, I have got a good squad together right at the start of pre-season."
Sam Allardyce

Goals from Kevin Nolan and Jack Collison gave the visitors victory at Dean Court, and afterwards Allardyce said he was happy with his squad strength at this point - but would still like to bolster his attack.

"For the first time in eight years, I have got a good squad together right at the start of pre-season," he added.

"Normally I am six or seven short and I have to skimp around to get them in, but not this year.

"We would like to add to that of course, although it will only be one or two max. Position wise, we need an attacking player first and then we will see where we go.

"At this moment, it depends on the player who is available. It needs to be a quality player who brings a lot to the team for us to go after him."

Nolan was forced to limp off shortly after the interval but Allardyce insisted there were no serious worries over his skipper.

"Kevin came off with only a dead leg so it looks like he will be OK and it won't be too much of a problem," he told the Sunday Mirror.
cockney hammer
Resident badge expert

Post by cockney hammer »

Hammers boss set to make a decision over Dutch international trialist

Sam Allardyce has not ruled out a move for Orlando Engelaar after the Netherlands international appeared in West Ham’s 2-0 pre-season win over Bournemouth yesterday.

The midfielder, who has played for Schalke 04 and PSV, has been on trial with the Hammers and looks set to remain with the east Londoners for their next friendly match against Colchester United on Tueday.

“A player of his experience and his quality, we’ll have him with us for a few days to see if he could be a valuable member of our team,” Allardyce told the club’s website.

“We’ll obviously make that decision in the near future.”
cockney hammer
Resident badge expert

Post by cockney hammer »

West Ham United's Joe Cole praises Andy Carroll signing
Andy Carroll for West Ham

West Ham United midfielder Joe Cole has praised the signing of Andy Carroll on a permanent basis.

The striker sealed a move to Upton Park from Liverpool after spending last season on loan at the club.

Cole expressed his delight at the move, suggesting that it is the kind of signing that shows the ambition of the club under manager Sam Allardyce.

"It is a boost for the club and shows where we are going," Cole told West Ham's official website.

"Andy Carroll is a young, England centre-forward and clubs do not usually sell them. He's a big talent.

"He did a good job and we just want him to get fit and come back because he is a big part of our team."

The Hammers paid £15m for Carroll, who has signed a six-year deal with the club.
cockney hammer
Resident badge expert

Post by cockney hammer »

Has social media ruined the transfer window?

transfer stories nowadays are first leaked on Twitter, this is especially true for West Ham fans who get constant updates from the David Gold and Jack Sullivan, which I see as a major positive because it keeps us in the loop at all times.

However there a certainly negatives to Twitter, for example the Andy Carroll deal was made far more complicated by social media sites. West Ham fans were starting to dislike the possible new signing because “ITK agents” were saying that he wanted £100,000 a week and a huge signing on fee, this was clearly untrue as he was tweeting pictures of himself on holiday at the time and signed for us as soon as soon as he got back.

Something that I hate on Twitter is the fact that any average Joe can start a transfer story in seconds that can go viral very quickly, the Wilfried Bony stories went too far last week, he was at one second on a plane to Upton Park and at the next minute the deal was off, he has now signed for Swansea, which makes the situation even more laughable.

There are very few believable sources on Twitter that we can 100% trust, DJLeon1983 and Johno909 are certainly sources that I listen to, but for some reason good sources like these two receive a lot of hateful comments because they rubbish claims that “West Ham are signing Messi” for example.

Recently on talkSPORT, Sam Allardyce claimed that he will spend the rest of his transfer budget on a strike partner for Andy Carroll, which means that there should only be rumours circulating about forward players, unless we sign free agents and loanees, but already today I have seen new updates on deals for Downing, Milner, Parker and Barry.

Twitter definitely ruins the shock of an amazing transfer, the Carlos Tevez deal in 2006 would have been leaked weeks before the deal was done if Twitter had of been prominent at the time, and also if a big money deal for Cristiano Ronaldo or Gareth Bale does occur this transfer window, Twitter will be the first to spread the word. I used to watch Sky Sports News for hours to get the updates on transfers; my childhood would have been very different if Twitter was around.
cockney hammer
Resident badge expert

Post by cockney hammer »

Assou-Ekotto Linked To West Ham

West Ham United are being linked with Tottenham fullback Benoit Assou-Ekotto.

The Cameroon international has been made available by Spurs this summer.

The Journal says Assou-Ekotto has been offered to West Ham boss Sam Allardyce.
Bamber Gascoigne
Has liked: 107 likes
Total likes: 40 likes

Post by Bamber Gascoigne »

cockney hammer wrote:official site
U18s open with Orient victory
http://www.whufc.com/articles/20130714/ ... 84_3237579" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The U18s "trialist" played last 45 mins and scored twice!

Anyone go and/or know who he was?

Cheers CH :crest: