thursday's news 5 tdecember includes west ham

An archive of Cockney Hammer's West Ham-related daily news digests from 2009-2015. For the latest daily digests, see the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

cockney hammer
Resident badge expert
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 143 likes

thursday's news 5 tdecember includes west ham

Post by cockney hammer »

Striker light: Allardyce's results and signings are being questioned

West Ham sack looms for manager Sam Allardyce as David Sullivan's frustration grows

Sam Allardyce is battling to save his job at West Ham.

Big Sam has been left in no doubt that results must improve quickly – or he could be sacked.

And a daunting fixture list lies ahead, with Liverpool, Sunderland, Tottenham, Manchester United and Arsenal their next five games.

Tuesday night’s 1-0 defeat at fellow strugglers Crystal Palace has left the Irons hovering just above the drop zone.

West Ham’s owners are being supportive publicly, but behind the scenes there is frustration at the poor results.

There have also been big questions about why the Hammers left themselves so short of strikers but spent big on Stewart Downing when they already have a selection of wide men.

West Ham’s co-owner David Sullivan is prepared to back Allardyce in January – but there will have to be an improvement between now and then.

Patience is growing thin and Sullivan, in particular, wants to see a response after the Palace debacle.

Meanwhile, the Irons' Mark Noble defended Kevin Nolan after his skipper was subbed at Palace.

Nolan has become the focus of unrest among Hammers fans. But his fellow midfielder Noble said: “He’s our captain, of course he has an important role to play.

“He’s been unbelievable for us. We needed a goal and the manager thought he’d make a change. Kev is brilliant in the dressing room. He’s big enough to handle that stuff.”

Blip: West Ham's Ravel Morrison was given a yellow card after this push on Crystal Palace's Joel Ward
Face off: Morrison and Ward don't see eye to eye in their heated encounter
Booked: Referee Lee Mason talks to 20-year-old Morrison after the teams fired up
Done deal: Morrison's booking means he'll miss West Ham's clash with Liverpool, but it could have been red
Prodigious: Forgetting his occasional blow-up, Morrison is an immense talent
Unchallenged: Marouane Chamakh rises to score from a corner for Palace's winner on Tuesday
On song: When Morrison's on the ball and focussed he's a dangerous weapon for Sam Allardyce

Don't rush to judgement, Ravel's little push at Palace is just a silly blip for West Ham's young star who still has lots to learn

Ravel Morrison was silly on Tuesday evening. Irked and defeated after toiling hard at Selhurst Park, the young midfielder was overcome by frustration.

Tensions were high after a significant victory for Tony Pulis’ Crystal Palace and a damaging defeat for West Ham.

So, when Ravel was shoved by Palace’s Joel Ward and rounded upon by strong-armed pals Dean Moxey and Danny Gabbidon, the inner street fighter spilled out. For a split-second.

But that’s all it was. So let’s set aside the phrases like ‘wild child’, ‘loose cannon’ and ‘liability’.

Let’s not be dramatic. It was a push to the face. And it was not Ravel who traded the first ‘blow’.

We know he is highly strung. We know what has gone on before. But the referral orders and convictions that pockmarked his adolescent years have been traded in for the flicks and tricks that now decorate exciting, confident performances.

He is not yet a model professional but West Ham insiders comment that the improvement in attitude and behaviour over the last 12 months ‘has been nothing short of extraordinary.'

Some imperfections remain. Sam Allardyce admitted in an interview in these pages last month that ‘Ravel is still late sometimes - but they all are.’

The rehabilitation cannot be instant and it will take time. It will be a process and he will learn from experience. At the moment, Allardyce describes Ravel as an ‘80 per cent different person.’

The attempts at reformation are not a façade. Ravel is serious now in his ambitions to become a footballer of elite standing.

Those at West Ham say he talks more, mingles more and makes a greater effort to spend time with team-mates away from the training ground.

Allardyce did, however, warn in that interview: ‘Ravel will get mentally fatigued by the Premier League. It’s a cauldron every Saturday. It’s ferocious and unforgiving. On a young player that takes its toll.’

And that’s all that happened on Monday evening, when the pressure overcame the reformed exterior.

The yellow card he did receive will rule him out of Saturday’s match against Liverpool and the former Manchester United youngster will this morning be rueing that missed opportunity as he reflects on his petulance.

Some have hastened to conclude that this minor squabble is evidence that Ravel is not ready for the England squad. Too volatile, too hotheaded, too unstable.

It is true that Morrison is unpredictable and he can flip. Certainly, he is no James Milner. He is a risk. He can be perceived as divisive. The on-field scuffle with Wilfried Zaha during an England under-21 game displays as much.

Yet international football is populated by those of an easily irritated disposition. Nobody is immune to flashes of temper.

Even the most celebrated talents can lapse - 10 days ago, after seven minutes of a Premier League game, Wayne Rooney slashed the legs of Cardiff’s with a swipe of frustration. Does this mean he cannot be trusted in Brazil next summer?

Two weeks ago, Cristiano Ronaldo headed the winning goal in Portugal’s first-leg World Cup play-off victory over Sweden, yet just moments before he should have seen red.

First, he left his foot in on Swedish goalkeeper Andreas Isaakson. Then, he nudged his forehead into the face of Mikael Lustig.

Of course, Ravel’s performances do not yet match those of Rooney and Ronaldo. So misdeeds are less likely to be tolerated. These kind of petty exchanges cannot continue to happen every two months or so.

That is the challenge, now. This season, signs of maturity outweigh the occasional display of insolence but such aberrations must now be reduced even further.

Certainly, he is getting there. Ravel was dropped for the visit of Fulham on Saturday. His reaction was not to storm off, cause a ruck or tweet his frustration from the substitutes’ bench, as he once did after being dropped for a Manchester United youth team game.

Instead, he recognised the need for the dressing room to unite, to put the collective above the individual. His response was perfect, with an inspired and influential contribution as a substitute.

The truth is we simply do not know if Ravel has changed his ways. But progress is being made in the development of one of English football’s most unique young talents and we should not rush to cast judgement on the basis of one, harmless little push

S-MAKH IN THE FACE: Chamakh believes Big Sam misled him when signing him for West Ham

Crystal Palace hero Marouane Chamakh blasts West Ham chief Sam Allardyce

MAROUANE CHAMAKH claims Sam Allardyce lied to him.

Chamakh, 29, was delighted to get one over his old West Ham boss with Crystal Palace’s winner on Tuesday, claiming he was never given a chance at Upton Park.

The Moroccan striker, 29, spent the second half of last season on loan with the Hammers from Arsenal but made just three appearances.

He said: “When I was there it was a really good atmosphere.

“He lied to me. He said, ‘You will play with Andy Carroll’”
Marouane Chamakh

“The players were fantastic with me and they had really great fans. I just had a problem with the manager.

“He lied to me. He said, ‘You will play with Andy Carroll’.

“I played just three games and after that I did not play one more minute, so I think it was a good response and answer from me on the pitch.

“I am really satisfied but after that I really don’t care.”

Ravel Morrison is West Ham's Mr Angry

Ravel Morrison is West Ham's Mr Angry

MARK NOBLE reckons Ravel Morrison will be less of a player if West Ham try to curb his temper.

Morrison was lucky not to get red-carded after losing his head at the end of the 1-0 defeat to Crystal Palace on Tuesday.

The Hammers star needlessly ran 50 yards to get involved in a bust-up after the final whistle but escaped with a yellow card after shoving Palace defender Joel Ward in the face.

“Take it away from him and you remove a lot of his ability”
Mark Noble

Because it was his fifth booking of the season, it means his punishment will be missing the trip to Liverpool on Saturday.

Morrison, 20, left Manchester United in January last year with a bad-boy reputation.

But midfielder Noble is urging that boss Sam Allardyce does nothing about it and said: "He was frustrated. Emotions were high. Take it away from him and you remove a lot of his ability."

very west ham

The porkies are flying..

Chamakh Attack as the porkies fly!

As if beleagured Hammers honcho Samuel L Allardyce didn't have enough to be worrying about, Hammers reject Marouane Chamakh has lashed out at his former boss branding him a liar!

The porkies are flying...
After his sensationally surprising and more than a tad fortunate ricochet goal last night for Crystal Pulis, Chamakh was today bathing in the glory of having wandered into the right place at the right time. An observer noted "Chamakh had hardly touched the ball all through the first half and then suddenly Palace managed to muster their first attack and a sliced cross tipped off the Moroccan on it's way towards the goal"

Chamakh ventured further with his outburst by claiming "when I don’t score, but I play a good game and we win, I am as happy as when I score two or three goals". However, both Gunners and Hammers fans have expressed doubt as to whether the 'striker' can really make such a bold statement given that he is not known by them to have ever scored, never mind thrice in one game! Hammers fans in particular are also aggrieved with Allardyce claiming that he 'lied' to them when suggesting that the on loan striker could score goals during last years campaign!

He concluded the barrage of bilge by advising punters to bet upon Palace to stay up. Now that is a truly outrageous piece of advice!.

Relegation Scrap? We've Been Here Before

The result against Palace confirmed it – we are thick in the mire of another relegation scrap. But should we be surprised? We are West Ham, after all. Allardyce and Nolan have rightly come in for a lot of criticism this season, and the time will soon be upon us (if it isn’t already) that the board will be considering direct action. Most of us will be glad if Allardyce is sacked, having had enough of the excuses, blaming players he picks, and an insistence of playing Nolan to the detriment of other players such as Diame or Joe Cole. If that happens, any new appointment’s ability will be severely curtailed by the squad which they inherit, and will need to be experienced enough, motivated enough and quite frankly good enough to keep us up within those constraints. Quite simply – who would fit that criteria? No-one really jumps out as an obvious choice.

There are lower league managers who show potential; foreigners who have done great things abroad; and old boys who would be fans favourites, but big risks. The board have apparently said that if we were to be relegated and not come back up at the first attempt, we would be looking at receivership and good bye West Ham as we know it. This is why the decision the board makes is so critical. I wonder if they might stick with Sam, but perhaps consider bringing in someone else alongside him in the coaching/director of football vein which means if the time comes when they decide to part with Sam, that someone can step in. Sir Trev might be a candidate?

In many ways, however, I don’t think it matters. I think we’ll be alright whether we stick with Sam, or not. These are my reasons:

1. Despite everything, AC is on his way back. Of course, he may break down again after 1 match, but you would hope not. Winston Reid is another. With those two in the side and fit, we will be a very different outfit. Even Petric could prove an improvement on Maiga or Cole in the short term.
2. The board have proved in the past they are willing to spend if things need spending. With January on the way, we will see new arrivals. I think they’ll take the FFP hit if they need to long term – staying up is more important.
3. Whatever you say about Sam, and we’re saying a lot (quite rightly), you would hope he has the experience to turn this around. I have to say it looks unlikely at present!
4. There are some shocking teams in the league. Some have beaten us, but between Palace, Norwich, Fulham, Sunderland, Cardiff and even Hull or Stoke you would say we would finish above 3 of them at least.
5. That might not look likely now, but with players coming back from injury, others finding some form and new arrivals we DO have a squad capable of going on a little unbeaten run of 5, 6, 7 games that will pull us clear of serious trouble.

Let’s face it – we’ve been here many, many times before. Had we had AC from the start, or a replacement at least, things would’ve been different. No doubt. But we didn’t, and they’re not.

Roll on a 17th place in May! We’d take that now, wouldn’t we?

bedford today

Pelly Ruddock Mpanzu

Hammers starlet backed to challenge for Hatters first team spot

Hatters first team coach Hakan Hayrettin has backed on-loan West Ham youngster Pelly Ruddock Mpanzu to push for a place against Alfreton Town in the Skrill Premier on Saturday, writes Mike Simmonds.

The 20-year-old gave a hugely impressive man of the match performance as Town beat Staines Town 2-0 in the FA Trophy on Tuesday night.

Selected in his preferred midfield position, Mpanzu dominated the Skrill South opponents with a display of real energy and power.

Hayrettin said: “Pelly is someone we’ve been keeping our eye on for a long time.

“He gives us some legs in there, he got forward into the box and drove his team on.

“It’s an added plus as lots of teams might not know about him and if he starts, he’s going to cause a few teams a problem.

“He’s got great athleticism, gets up and down the pitch really well and he will be someone who will add to what we’ve already got.

“I certainly hope he does (press for the first team), but that’s the decision for the manager to make.”

After winning the star man award, Mpanzu tweeted afterwards: “Goood 2-0 win over Staines 2day. Fans were great and i happy with my Man of the Match perfomance.”

Hatters striker Mark Cullen had been impressed with Mpanzu, along with other loan signings Joe Davis and Alfie Mawson in their brief time at the club.

He continued: “They all look good signings, even Alfie, who couldn’t play.

“The gaffer wouldn’t have brought them in if he didn’t feel they would add to the team.”

Arsenal and Manchester City have expressed an interest in bringing former Chelsea, Gunners and Portsmouth midfielder Lassana Diarra, 28, back to the Premier League from Lokomotiv Moscow in January.

Daily Express

Chelsea are lining up a loan deal to bring unsettled Monaco forward Radamel Falcao, 27, to Stamford Bridge.

Daily Star

Manchester United are planning to offload midfield duo Ashley Young, 28, and Anderson, 25, in January.

Daily Mirror

Chelsea defender Ashley Cole, 32, is among a host of the top Premier League players being targeted by the United States' Major Soccer League ahead of their 2015 expansion plans.

Daily Mail

Benfica are facing a battle to keep £20m-rated Serbian midfielder Nemanja Matic in January, with interest from Manchester United and Borussia Dortmund.

Daily Mirror

Liverpool goalkeeper Pepe Reina, 31, says he hopes to seal a move back to Barcelona next summer.

Metro

Barcelona scouts have been watching Arsenal midfielder Aaron Ramsey, 22, but Arsene Wenger prices him at £50m.

: Daily Mail

Auxerre striker Paul-Georges Ntep, 21, says he is keen on a move to Arsenal, despite interest from Chelsea, Tottenham and Aston Villa.
Daily Express

Atletico Madrid are hoping to bring Chelsea midfield duo Juan Mata, 25, and Kevin De Bruyne, 22, to Spain as they prepare to let Manchester United and Liverpool midfield target Koke, 21, leave in the January transfer window.

Daily Star

Cristiano Ronaldo plans to open a museum dedicated to himself in the town where he was born

Brazilian legend Pele will not be taking Friday's World Cup draw after rejecting the opportunity to do so through fears of landing Brazil in a difficult group.

Daily Mail

Real Madrid midfielder Cristiano Ronaldo, 28, plans to open a museum dedicated to himself on the island of Madeira where he was born.
Daily Telegraph

Andre Villas-Boas says he was relieved with his side's comeback victory over Fulham after the under-pressure Tottenham boss saw them record a 2-1 win to move up to sixth in the Premier League.

London's Evening Standard

Former Manchester United midfielder Paul Pogba, 20, who currently plays for Juventus, has been named the best under-21 player in Europe winning the prestigious Golden Boy award.

Manchester Evening News

Police stopped Arsenal defender Carl Jenkinson, 21, while he was en-route to their match against Hull - and asked for a photo with him.

Metro

http://celebritiesnudebabe.com/uploads/ ... s-6116.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Happyhammer

Re: thursday's news 5 tdecember includes west ham

Post by Happyhammer »

Morning CH, it's a bit Cold out there today.
tavbet
Total likes: 4 likes

Post by tavbet »

Lol! "kev's great in the dressing room". Time to leave him in there i think. Cheers CH.
west ham15
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by west ham15 »

Cheers CH :thup:
hemelite

Post by hemelite »

JerseyHammer
Has liked: 161 likes
Total likes: 156 likes

Post by JerseyHammer »

Cheers CH.

Chamakh scores a goal and starts giving it the billy big b*ll***s!
Doc H Ball
Has liked: 916 likes
Total likes: 1918 likes

Post by Doc H Ball »

According to WHTID, the owners have said that if we are relegated and don't get immediate promotion 'we would be looking at receivership and goodbye to West Ham as we know it'. Hang on, aren't these the chaps that saved us from receivership 3 years ago with their largesse? I thought their loans were 'soft' and they would be 'friendly bankers'?
Moxy

Post by Moxy »

Cheers CH, babe no.1 please
vietnammer
Bucky the beaver
Has liked: 618 likes
Total likes: 578 likes

Post by vietnammer »

Mornin CH. (middle one if I had my druthers). Rav you soppy git pleeeeease behave

An hour ago it was a beautiful red sunrise in Sheffield, now it's lashing down and blowing half a gale.
nobleforengland

Post by nobleforengland »

Pamadice

Post by Pamadice »

Thanks Mr Hammer :thup:
ageing hammer
Has liked: 484 likes
Total likes: 1475 likes