sunday's news gossip 15th december includes west ham

An archive of Cockney Hammer's West Ham-related daily news digests from 2009-2015. For the latest daily digests, see the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

cockney hammer
Resident badge expert
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 143 likes

sunday's news gossip 15th december includes west ham

Post by cockney hammer »

Blunt: Mohamed Diame will know West Ham could keep struggling while Andy Carroll is out injured
Going close: Fabio Borini (back) got his shot beyond James Colllins but couldn't find the back of the net
Upping the ante: Sunderland defender Wes Brown (right) has an effort on Jussi Jaaskelainen's goal
Jumping for glory: West Ham's Jussi Jaaskelainen punches clear under pressure from Ondrej Celustka
Here's the ground covered by Sunderland midfielder Lee Cattermole
Crucial moment: Guy Demel (right) forced the ball into the back of the net but his effort was disallowed
Midfield battle: West Ham midfielder Joe Cole (left) vies for possession with Sunderland's Lee Cattermole
Beating his man: West Ham midfielder Mark Noble (right) beats Sunderland's Sebastian Larsson (left)
Tempers rising: West Ham manager Sam Allardyce remonstrates with the forth official at Upton Park
Are you sure, ref? Andre Marriner is questioned by James Tomkins, George McCartney and Guy Demel
Scrappy affair: West Ham's Modibo Maiga (right) again failed to get on the score sheet for the home side
Relegation fight: Both teams need to significantly improve in order to avoid relegation this season

West Ham 0 Sunderland 0: Hammers waste chance to climb clear of bottom three as visitors dominate at Upton Park

West Ham could still be playing on Sunday morning without too much danger of scoring after a display against bottom-of-the-table Sunderland that illustrated David Sullivan’s pre-match comments.

The West Ham co-owner admitted that had he known how long his £15million record signing Andy Carroll would be injured so long, he would never have agreed to buy him from Liverpool.

‘We were assured by the medical staff that the very, very latest he’d be back would be September 1,’ admitted Sullivan. ‘We can’t buy a player knowing he’s going to be out for half the season.

MATCH FACTS
West Ham

West Ham: Jaaskelainen 8; Demel 6 (O'Brien 59mins 6), Tomkins 7, Collins 7, McCartney 6; Noble 6, Diame 6; Jarvis 5 (Collison 56mins 5), Morrison 6, J Cole 6 (C Cole 75mins); Maiga 6

Subs not used: Rat, Adrian, Taylor, Diarra

Booked: Noble

Manager: Sam Allardyce 6

Sunderland

Sunderland: Mannone 6; Celustka 6, Bardsley 7 (Dossena 82mins), Brown 7, O'Shea 7; Cattermole 7, Ki 7, Larsson 6, Giaccherini 6; Borini 6 (Johnson 73mins 6), Altidore 6 (Fletcher 73mins 6)

Subs not used: Cabral, Gardner, Pickford, Roberge

Manager: Gus Poyet 7

Referee: Andre Marriner 4

Attendance: 31,843

On Saturday night, West Ham manager Sam Allardyce claimed losing Carroll to injury was on a par with Manchester City losing the services of Sergio Aguero.

‘I can understand the owner saying what he did, but it’s not Andy’s fault he’s injured - and when he’s back he’s the difference between us winning and not winning games,’ he said. West Ham, with one win now in nine, relied on their keeper, Jussi Jaaskelainen, to prevent a first away win for the visitors since victory at Newcastle last April.

‘We didn’t look like the worst team in the division today, did we?’ said Sunderland boss Gus Poyet. ‘This is a game we should have won.’

The Hammers struggled to create any chances of note in a poor game at Upton Park and they remain outside of the league's relegation zone by just a point.

Sullivan had said earlier in the day that manager Sam Allardyce will be at the club until the end of the season but a lacklustre display in front of a largely disgruntled crowd will have done the Hammers boss few favours.

Sunderland defender Phil Bardsley came closest to finding a winner with a long-range pile-driver that came back off the woodwork towards the end of the first half.

Gus Poyet's side need to start picking up wins but, with no league goal away from home since August 31, Sunderland know where their improvement must come from.

The game started at a high tempo as both sides looked to strike early and settle any nerves that would have been prominent at kick-off.
Allardyce: We needed to find something special to score
Poyet: We didn't look like the worst team in the league

Mo Diame nutmegged John O'Shea and held off Lee Cattermole before cutting a cross back to Modibo Maiga, who blazed over with Wes Brown sliding in.

The same duo linked up again moments later with a deeper cross from Diame headed towards the back post by Maiga, with the on-rushing Matt Jarvis unable to get a telling touch.

The best early chance fell to the visitors as Emanuele Giaccherini slipped a ball into the path of Jozy Altidore but the United States international's shot was tipped behind by Jussi Jaaskelainen.

The corner was only cleared as far as Ki Sung-yueng, whose rasping drive was deflected behind with the Swansea loanee blazing over from a similar position seconds later.

With the game still wide open, Jarvis' cross to the near-post was just missed by James Collins with the ball deflecting behind for a corner.

The Hammers had the ball in the net from the resulting set-piece as Guy Demel bundled it home but referee Andre Marriner had already blown for a free-kick for an infringement.

The early pace of the game was lost as the first half progressed, with Marriner coming under increasing scrutiny from the home fans for giving a number of decisions in favour of the Black Cats.

Their upset turned to anger just before the half-hour mark as Collins was instructed to hurry up with a free-kick inside his own half despite the fact Altidore was clearly not 10 yards back.

The Wales international eventually took the free-kick and it hit Altidore, with Fabio Borini breaking at an unprotected West Ham defence before shooting straight at Jaaskelainen.

Full-back Bardsley came closest to opening the scoring before the interval as his arrowed drive cracked against Jaaskelainen's crossbar with the experienced Finn well beaten.

Ravel Morrison then burst to life with two jinking and twisting runs that left more than one Sunderland defender on the ground but neither resulted in chances for the hosts.

Giaccherini saw a shot deflected behind as the half drew to a close and Demel blocked well from Borini as Poyet's side ended the half in the ascendancy.

Skipper Cattermole had the last meaningful touch of the half as he flashed in an effort that once again required Jaaskelainen to make a save.

The movement of Sunderland's attacking trio of Giaccherini, Borini and Altidore continued to cause West Ham problems at the start of the second-half as the Black Cats started on the front foot once more.

West Ham were still enjoying small spells of possession with the craft of Morrison continuing to look their most likely way through to opening the scoring.

The former Manchester United youngster hit a low shot that was well saved by Vito Mannone before Diame thrashed an effort into the side netting after making space for himself inside the box.

The game reverted back to a pattern similar to the opening exchanges with both sides looking to break the deadlock, although neither Sebastian Larsson nor Giaccherini could test Jaaskelainen with their respective efforts.

Altidore did work Jaaskelainen after a smart turn in the box but the 38-year-old saved comfortably as the game remained goalless with 30 minutes remaining.

Poyet turned to substitutes Adam Johnson and Steven Fletcher to win him the game while Allardyce introduced Carlton Cole from the bench for the final 15 minutes as he looked to give his side more attacking clout.

But it was Sunderland who came close once again as Ki turned inside the box and saw his effort pushed away by Jaaskelainen.

Morrison flashed a shot wide with just under five minutes remaining, with West Ham seemingly shifting their game plan and aiming long balls towards Cole.

Former Sunderland defender George McCartney almost scored a lucky winner deep in stoppage time when his cross had to be tipped over by Mannone as the game ended goalless.

Nasty: West Ham captain Kevin Nolan was sent off following a foul on Liverpool midfielder Jordan Henderson
Painful: Glen Johnson (left) and Nolan lean over Henderson to see if he is alright following the challenge
Off: Referee Nolan's red card meant the midfielder missed West Ham's draw with Sunderland on Saturday
Blow: Nolan's latest ban is the fifth consecutive time he has picked up a suspension in December

Why is West Ham captain Nolan always suspended over the christmas period?

West Ham skipper Kevin Nolan’s ban for the Sunderland game was the fifth season in a row he has picked up a suspension in December.

Nolan’s straight red for a deliberate kick at Liverpool’s Jordan Henderson last week will also rule him out of West Ham’s games at Spurs in the Capital One Cup and Manchester United.

Last season he picked up a fifth booking of the season against Reading on Boxing Day that saw him suspended for their next game against Norwich on New Year’s Day.

In 2011-12, he was banned for West Ham’s match against Derby on December 29 after collecting five bookings and in his previous two seasons with Newcastle United, the midfielder also found himself in bother.

A fifth caution of the season against Manchester City on Boxing Day 2010 meant he missed the trip to Tottenham two days later. And in 2009, a red card against Watford on December 5 led to a one-game ban.

RETURNING TO THE PREMIER LEAGUE? Clint Dempsey may rejoin Fulham

Clint Dempsey set to snub West Ham and rejoin Fulham

BIG CLINT HINTCLINT Dempsey is certain to snub West Ham and rejoin former club Fulham if he decides on a return to the Premier League next month.

The American striker, 30, currently plays for MLS side Seattle Sounders. But he will use their two-month season break to play at Craven Cottage, where he was a cult figure before a £6million move to Spurs.

America skipper Dempsey wants to remain fit ahead of the World Cup and the move would suit him and the Cottagers, especially if Dimitar Berbatov gets his wish and leaves the West London club in January

INJURY PRONE: Andy Carroll is three weeks away from returning to the side

West Ham boss David Sullivan: In hindsight we wouldn't have bought Andy Carroll

WEST HAM co-owner David Sullivan says he would not have signed injury-prone Andy Carroll, had they known he would be a long-term casualty.

England forward Carroll (right) has not played since the Hammers paid Liverpool £15million in the summer to make his loan move a permanent one – with West Ham scoring just 13 goals in 15 Barclays Premier League games in his absence.

Crocked Carroll, 24, is still at least three weeks away from returning from a double fracture in his right foot.

“Had we known he would be out for this long, we would not have signed him”
David Sullivan

Sullivan said: “Had we known he would be out for this long, we would not have signed him.

“We are not a rich enough club to deal with that.

“I hope I will be able give you a different answer at the end of the season and say ‘Yes, it was the right decision to sign Andy Carroll’.”

West Ham boss Sam Allardyce understands fans' anger after Sunderland draw

Sam Allardyce admits his West Ham side were nowhere near their best but was delighted to have earnt a point despite that.

West Ham boss Sam Allardyce admitted he could understand the frustration of the Upton Park fans after their poor form continued in a 0-0 home draw with Sunderland.

The Hammers looked to have turned the corner on their own turf after comfortably beating Fulham last time out.

However, after another below-par attacking display, the Upton Park faithful let their feelings be known at the final whistle, with the players exiting to a chorus of boos.

And Allardyce knows where the supporters are coming from, and believes the fans are right to vent their frustrations.

"It doesn't make it easier for me, but it is part of the job," he told Sky Sports.

"You sit there and you expect that reaction when your team doesn't perform.

"We didn't entertain them and, more importantly at the moment, we didn't win."

Allardyce, who celebrated his 100th league game in charge of the Hammers, has seen side win only two of their last 15 league games, and knows things must improve quickly, and return to the form his side showed against Fulham.

"We didn't do what we did against against Fulham, which was a brilliant game," he added.

"Today dogged hard work was the order of the day, and we didn't deserve more than a draw."

West Ham – Sunderland! You sure Sam?

It’s not often I write a post match thread as you know. But as Headmaster wasn’t able to attend the game today and I was, I have decided to share my view with you all.

Firstly, I would just like to point out that I wasn’t expecting a major routing from the game today but I honestly thought as it was Sunderland and we were at home, we would have run out, put on a convincing display and nick it by a goal or two.

How wrong I was. From my seat in the BML it soon became glaringly obvious that Gus Poyet’s men wanted the points and were willing to fight for them a lot more than we were. From the off Sunderland were the better team and the half time stats showed that. They had 60% possession and a far more impressive shot tally.

I hate to say it but for me, we were missing Kevin Nolan today. Although his recent form has left him wanting, his captaincy was what we needed. I say this because Ravel Morrison was running around like a headless chicken, Maiga was always 10 feet away from where he should be and players like Diame and Joe Cole just didn’t seem to know where they should be playing. This is something I don’t usually see when Nolan plays.

Once again, Allardyce’s substitutions left a majority off the folk around me baffled. I can only assume Demel was injured?

For whatever reason, I am marking today’s game down as one of the worst I have seen at Upton Park.

Bing on Arsenal!

Manchester United are confident Wayne Rooney, 28, is ready to begin discussions on a new four-year contract worth £50m with Tom Cleverley, Danny Welbeck, Javier Hernandez, Anderson and Alex Buttner among those who could be leaving Old Trafford.
Mail on Sunday
Fredy Guarin

Inter Milan midfielder Fredy Guarin is a target for both Chelsea and Manchester United

Liverpool and Arsenal are among five Premier League sides chasing £12m-rated Hoffenheim winger Kevin Volland, 21.

Sunday Mirror

Chelsea are hoping to beat Manchester United to the signing of £15m-rated Fredy Guarin, 27, after making an offer for the Inter Milan midfielder.

Metro

Chelsea's chances of signing Adrien Rabiot, 18, could be dashed should Paris St-Germain fail to sign midfielder Paul Pogba, 20, from Juventus.

: Sunday Express

Manchester City defender Aleksander Kolarov, 28, could be heading back to Italy with Inter Milan after failing to hold down a first-team place under Manuel Pellegrini.

: the Sun (subscription required)

Manager Arsene Wenger, 64, will sign a new contract with Arsenal in the next month to keep him at the club until 2017.

Sunday Mirror

John Terry is set to a sign a new one-year deal with Chelsea after a strong run of form

Manchester United boss David Moyes says the money is in place to make a major signing that would demonstrate the club's ambition - however he might not be able to do a deal in January.

Observer

Fulham manager Rene Meulensteen has offered his former Manchester United colleague Mike Phelan the chance to be his number two at Craven Cottage. The pair worked successfully under Sir Alex Ferguson at United.

: Mail on Sunday

Defender John Terry, 33, is set for a new one-year contract at Chelsea after impressing boss Jose Mourinho.

Sunday Mirror

West Ham boss Sam Allardyce has defended the £15m summer signing of 24-year-old striker Andy Carroll, who has been out injured since August.

London Evening Standard

Norwich boss Chris Hughton says the club will not be selling any of their key players in January.

Norwich Evening News

Real Madrid forward Cristiano Ronaldo, 28, has launched his own Facebook-style social network - all about himself.

Full story: Metro

QPR manager Harold Redwanbker has admitted to a secret addiction to feeding birds and says he spends almost £2,000 a year on bird feed.
the Sun (subscription required)

http://cdn01.cdn.egotastic.com/wp-conte ... 012-19.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

ch's bonus babes because the dunces could not do it for you 8-)

http://ftop.ru/images/201112/ftop.ru_26732.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ereford ammer
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 2 likes

Re: sunday's news gossip 15th december includes west ham

Post by ereford ammer »

many thanks for your hard work. It is really appreciated CH :thup:
cockney hammer
Resident badge expert

Post by cockney hammer »

ereford ammer wrote:many thanks for your hard work. It is really appreciated CH :thup:

no problem mate
Chicken Run Supreme
Has liked: 855 likes
Total likes: 823 likes

Post by Chicken Run Supreme »

Cheers CH, as always.

Good to have the guvnor back - your understudies did a sterling job in your absence but, if Carlsberg did Daily News Round Up's .....................................................
Sterling

Post by Sterling »

Thanks CH. At the BotDs put a smile on my face!
the wren
Location: Alpari Upper, complete with view of Barking-Upon-Thames

Post by the wren »

Ta CH

Sunday People has us linked with Jordan Ayew...again...one of Willie McKay's.
cockney hammer
Resident badge expert

Post by cockney hammer »

the wren wrote:Ta CH

Sunday People has us linked with Jordan Ayew...again...one of Willie McKay's.

got a link you could put up here mate you have to subscribe to them f uckers now
Chard

Post by Chard »

CH.

I have browsed this forum for years and I read your roundup every day.

Now that I have finally registered I would just like to add my thankyou for all your hard work. Your contribution to the forum is outstanding.
damiant
Has liked: 16 likes
Total likes: 11 likes

Post by damiant »

cheers ch top work fella
cockney hammer
Resident badge expert

Post by cockney hammer »

Chicken Run Supreme wrote:Cheers CH, as always.

Good to have the guvnor back - your understudies did a sterling job in your absence but, if Carlsberg did Daily News Round Up's .....................................................

yea a big thank you to everyone who stood in for me as i said it was work related very long hours but worth it in the end when bobby gets his presents very sadly no one here is looking forward to christmas as the scum will ruin it again no let up i am afraid but we will leave that now
Bamber Gascoigne
Has liked: 107 likes
Total likes: 40 likes

Post by Bamber Gascoigne »

Cheers CH - excellent as always

:thup:
the wren
Location: Alpari Upper, complete with view of Barking-Upon-Thames

Post by the wren »

No link CH. I Just ****ed through a copy. I don't subscribe to that garbage.... :)
cockney hammer
Resident badge expert

Post by cockney hammer »

Chard wrote:CH.

I have browsed this forum for years and I read your roundup every day.

Now that I have finally registered I would just like to add my thankyou for all your hard work. Your contribution to the forum is outstanding.

your very welcome mate i might keep doing this after christmas i was going to stop but the offer of a extra burger in the pay packet was to much to turn down from the gaffer utj :evil:
cockney hammer
Resident badge expert

Post by cockney hammer »

the wren wrote:No link CH. I Just ****ed through a copy. I don't subscribe to that garbage.... :)

lol no problem mate
Bishops Finger

Post by Bishops Finger »

Double fracture of the right foot?? Eh? Where did that come from?

Oh, it's the Daily Star - never mind - as you were! :asleep:
kayahammer
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by kayahammer »

Gawd bless yer CH!

Merry Chrimbo
cockney hammer
Resident badge expert

Post by cockney hammer »

THE MAIL ON SUNDAY

England midfielder Jack Wilshere is facing FA action after making an obscene one-fingered gesture at Manchester City supporters yesterday.

Manchester United are confident Wayne Rooney is ready to begin discussions on a new four-year contract worth a staggering £50m - as David Moyes prepares to wield the axe in a bid to ignite their Premier League season.

SUNDAY TELEGRAPH: Manchester City yesterday blew away Premier League leaders Arsenal in another exhilarating display of attacking football which opened wide the title race.

Wayne Rooney has spoken of his 'hurt' at Manchester United's dismal form and urged the team to pull themselves together.

THE SUNDAY TIMES: West Bromwich Albion sacked their head coach, Steve Clarke, last night after a run of four straight defeats in the Premier League and six matches without a win.

Manchester United have finally begun moves to entice Wayne Rooney to the negotiating table for talks on a new contract.

THE SUN ON SUNDAY: David Moyes has vowed to spend big next month to make up for missing out on £86 million Gareth Bale.

Jack Wilshere faces an FA ban as Arsenal's season plunged into chaos.

SUNDAY PEOPLE: Jack Wilshere faces an FA ban after giving Manchester City fans a one-fingered salute at the Etihad.

Wayne Rooney has piled pressure on David Moyes and his Manchester United team-mates by insisting: We simply cannot lose against Aston Villa.

SUNDAY MIRROR: Arsenal lost the plot and went into meltdown as they were blown apart at Manchester City.

Arsenal Wenger will sign a new contract at Arsenal in the next month.

SUNDAY EXPRESS: Manchester United boss David Moyes is preparing to start spending in January, with moves for Paris Saint Germain's Blaise Matuidi and Roma's Dutch star Kevin Strootman.

Arsenal star Jack Wilshere is facing a one-match ban after making an abusive gesture to taunting Manchester City fans during the Gunners' 6-3 defeat yesterday.

STAR ON SUNDAY: Arsenal went into meltdown yesterday after being thrashed 6-3 at The Etihad.

Ross Barkley is wanted by Manchester giants United and City.

THE INDEPENDENT ON SUNDAY: Arsene Wenger watched his side concede six goals to a rampant Manchester City but insisted that Manuel Pellegrini's side are not unbeatable and 'no better than Everton and Southampton'.

David Moyes intends to mount a desperate attempt to kick-start Manchester United's faltering season in next month's transfer window after revealing he has huge funds available.

THE OBSERVER: West Brom sacked their head coach, Steve Clarke, last night after a 1-0 defeat at Cardiff that was the Premier League club's fourth in a row and left them in 16th place.

Arsene Wenger hit out at the referee, Martin Atkinson, after a 6-3 defeat that he claimed flattered Manchester City, arguing that a penalty decision and a couple of offsides that went against Arsenal affected the result in consigning them to their third league defeat of the season.
cockney hammer
Resident badge expert

Post by cockney hammer »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... erton.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Hammer Smith

Post by Hammer Smith »

Great round up. Thanks CH
cockney hammer
Resident badge expert

Post by cockney hammer »

Paper Talk - 15 December 2013
Man United could sign Blaise Matuidi and Kevin Strootman, while Ashley Young could rejoin Aston Villa, and Chelsea are chasing Fredy Guarin.

England midfielder Jack Wilshere is facing FA action after making an obscene one-fingered gesture at Manchester City supporters yesterday.
Manchester United are confident Wayne Rooney is ready to begin discussions on a new four-year contract worth a staggering £50million - as David Moyes prepares to wield the axe in a bid to ignite their Premier League season.
Meanwhile, United winger Ashley Young could move back to Aston Villa in January with a number of players set to leave Old Trafford.
Manchester City, Arsenal, Liverpool and Chelsea are all in pursuit of Schalke star Julian Draxler.
Everton have protected their interests in Ross Barkley by getting the England starlet to agree a new deal.

Arsenal went into meltdown yesterday after being thrashed 6-3 at The Etihad. Everton midfielder Ross Barkley is wanted by Manchester giants United and City.
Meanwhile, United boss David Moyes is confident he will make a major signing next summer after revealing: "The money's definitely there to do it."
Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers is confident in-form striker Luis Suarez will not repeat his want-away act next summer.

Manchester United boss David Moyes is preparing to start spending in January, with moves for Paris Saint-Germain's Blaise Matuidi and Roma's Dutch star Kevin Strootman.
Arsenal star Jack Wilshere is facing a one-match ban after making an abusive gesture to taunting Manchester City fans during the Gunners' 6-3 defeat yesterday.
Inter Milan have held talks with Chelsea about Jose Mourinho's interest in attacking midfielder Fredy Guarin.
Michu has put Europe's top clubs on red alert after admitting he wants to play at the highest level, with Liverpool, Arsenal and Juventus all linked with the Swansea City frontman.

Jack Wilshere faces an FA ban after giving Manchester City fans a one-fingered salute at the Etihad.
Wayne Rooney has piled pressure on David Moyes and his Manchester United team-mates by insisting: We simply cannot lose against Aston Villa.
Jose Mourinho is set to deliver a blow to David Moyes by signing Fredy Guarin from Inter Milan ahead of him.
Manchester United are on the trail of AC Milan defender Cristian Zapata.
Ajax are trying to sign Thomas Ince - who could move to Holland, only entitling Blackpool to minor compensation.
David Moyes says Manchester United will make at least one stellar signing next summer.
Manchester United will step up their pursuit of Alex Teixeira of Shakhtar Donetsk if they fail to get Kevin Strootman.
Luis Suarez is ready to discuss a new contract with Liverpool.
Newcastle are leading the chase for Fulham's Dimitar Berbatov.
Fulham's 16-year-old starlet Patrick Roberts is set to reject a number of clubs including Manchester United, and sign his first pro deal at Fulham.
Blackburn Rovers are set to hand a new deal to striker Jordan Rhodes, which could take him to £50,000-a-week.
Sunderland are considering a move for former England left-back Wayne Bridge.
Middlesbrough could be about to cash in on skipper Rhys Williams.
Everton are unlikely to re-sign Landon Donovan on loan after Bruce Arena refused to sanction a possible loan from Los Angeles Galaxy.
Everton believe they can hang on to Leighton Baines in January which could see Manchester United turn to Luke Shaw.

David Moyes has vowed to spend big next month to make up for missing out on world record £86million Gareth Bale.
Jack Wilshere faces an FA ban as Arsenal's season plunged into chaos.
Manchester City defender Aleksander Kolarov, 28, could be heading back to Italy with Inter Milan after failing to hold down a first-team place under Manuel Pellegrini.
Arsenal's Emmanuel Frimpong is being offered to Championship clubs after being told he can leave the club.
Derek Boateng is ready to quit Fulham in order to preserve his World Cup hopes.

Arsenal lost the plot and went into meltdown as they were blown apart at Manchester City.
Meanwhile, Arsenal Wenger will sign a new contract at Arsenal in the next month.
Liverpool and Arsenal are among five Premier League sides chasing £12million-rated Hoffenheim winger Kevin Volland.
Defender John Terry, 33, is set for a new one-year contract at Chelsea after impressing boss Jose Mourinho.

West Brom sacked their head coach Steve Clarke last night after a 1-0 defeat at Cardiff that was the Premier League club's fourth in a row and left them in 16th place.
Arsene Wenger hit out at the referee, Martin Atkinson, after a 6-3 defeat that he claimed flattered Manchester City, arguing that a penalty decision and a couple of offsides that went against Arsenal affected the result in consigning them to their third league defeat of the season.

Arsene Wenger watched his side concede six goals to a rampant Manchester City but insisted that Manuel Pellegrini's side are not unbeatable and "no better than Everton and Southampton".
David Moyes intends to mount a desperate attempt to kick-start Manchester United's faltering season in next month's transfer window after revealing he has huge funds available.

West Bromwich Albion sacked their head coach, Steve Clarke, last night after a run of four straight defeats in the Premier League and six matches without a win.
Manchester United have finally begun moves to entice Wayne Rooney to the negotiating table for talks on a new contract.

Manchester City yesterday blew away Premier League leaders Arsenal in another exhilarating display of attacking football which opened wide the title race.
Wayne Rooney has spoken of his "hurt" at Manchester United's dismal form and urged the team to pull themselves together.
Last edited by cockney hammer on Sun Dec 15, 2013 10:03 am, edited 1 time in total.