monday's news 16th january includes west ham

An archive of Cockney Hammer's West Ham-related daily news digests from 2009-2015. For the latest daily digests, see the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Doc H Ball
Has liked: 917 likes
Total likes: 1919 likes

Re: monday's news 16th january includes west ham

Post by Doc H Ball »

the oldham stripper wrote: too right, there's no such thing as a friendly against those scumcunts
He might not think it's as important as the Man U game but try telling that to the away fans on Weds night.

If he fields a week team and we get spanked, then he might get a bit of an awakening. Lose the away fans and a manager is toast.
damiant
Has liked: 16 likes
Total likes: 11 likes

Post by damiant »

cheers ch :-)
cockney hammer
Resident badge expert
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 143 likes

Post by cockney hammer »

spot on doc
Adie64
Has liked: 463 likes

Post by Adie64 »

Thanks CH, much appreciated & agree with the tottescum comments completely. :thup:
Ticket 2 Ryde

Post by Ticket 2 Ryde »

Thanks CH..

And BOTD would get it! :raver:
Chicken Run Supreme
Has liked: 855 likes
Total likes: 823 likes

Post by Chicken Run Supreme »

Cheers CH, as always
cockney hammer
Resident badge expert

Post by cockney hammer »

Christian Montano has been sacked by Oldham

Oldham sack ex-West Ham trainee after spot-fixing investigation

OLDHAM have sacked Cristian Montano for gross misconduct following his arrest in a spot-fixing investigation.

The 22-year-old was one of six players arrested and bailed as part of a probe by the National Crime Agency.

The Latics responded by suspending Montano without pay last Sunday and have now confirmed his contract with them has been terminated.

A statement said: "After a thorough investigation carried out by Oldham Athletic Football Club relating to the conduct of Cristian Montano and following lengthy discussions with our team of legal advisers at CM Solicitors, a decision has been made by the club board to dismiss the player forthwith.

"Notwithstanding and without prejudice to the ongoing criminal investigation, it is our view that the player's conduct, in not only bringing the name of Oldham Athletic but also the football authorities into disrepute, amounts to very serious breaches of club discipline, and therefore constitutes gross misconduct.

"Oldham Athletic take matters such as this extremely seriously and believe it was essential to act as swiftly as possible in conjunction with our legal advisers to investigate and deal with this matter decisively once they became aware of the allegations and irrespective of any other investigations and proceedings by other agencies."

Montano, born in Colombia, is a former West Ham trainee who spent time on loan with Notts County, Swindon, Dagenham and Oxford prior to his arrival at Boundary Park in August 2012.

Last week Blackburn announced that striker DJ Campbell, another of the half a dozen players who has been bailed until April, had been given time off by the club to spend with his family.
cockney hammer
Resident badge expert

Post by cockney hammer »

Mark Noble: West Ham are more united than when we went down last time

Mark Noble knows all about the devastation of relegation with West Ham but insists the prospects of avoiding the drop are brighter this time.

Under Avram Grant, the Hammers spent more than half of the 2010-11 season at the foot of the Premier League and went down seven points adrift of safety.

Although the 0-0 draw at home to Sunderland on Saturday, which left Sam Allardyce’s side 17th, hardly lifted the spirits of West Ham’s worried fans Noble believes the club are stronger than three seasons ago.

The midfielder said: “I feel like we have the same sort of issues as last time [West Ham were relegated] with not scoring enough but I believe the team spirit, the squad, the chairmen, the manager and the staff this time are a lot more together.

“Obviously, we are having a tough time at the minute but it doesn’t feel like that at the training ground. We’re still bright and bubbly and I’m pretty sure we’ll turn it around.

“We had a great season last year but there were times then when we needed to win to give us a bit of breathing space. We were only three points above the relegation places at one time and that was after we had started the season so well.

“I think the top eight or nine will stay where they are and it’s for the rest of us to fight it out.”

Allardyce looks certain to make a raft of changes for Wednesday’s derby against Tottenham in the quarter-finals of the Capital One Cup.

Noble said: “It will be an amazing atmosphere on Wednesday. We just need to go there, enjoy it, give a good account of ourselves. The players understood how big it was when we beat Spurs 3-0 at their place a couple of months ago.”

So why have West Ham not built on that impressive victory?

“If I knew that I’d be the England manager,” said Noble. “It was such an amazing night for the club but we haven’t kicked on. We have to stick together now — there’s half the season to play and we have to try and make it safe for us.”

Noble has been linked with a call-up to the Republic of Ireland squad but the 26-year-old Canning Town-born player said: “My nan and grandad are Irish but I’m English and I’ve always thought I had a chance of playing for my country. I still believe that.”
cockney hammer
Resident badge expert

Post by cockney hammer »

official site
Dev Squad match postponed
http://www.whufc.com/articles/20131216/ ... 84_3580063" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
cockney hammer
Resident badge expert

Post by cockney hammer »

Sunderland and West Ham keen on Guidetti

Exclusive

by Hugh Southon

Manchester City have had a host of inquiries for fit-again John Guidetti and are ready to allow the player to go out on loan this winter.

Sunderland, West Ham United and Crystal Palace are the leading Premier League teams involved in negotiations but several Championship teams are also keen.

Blackburn Rovers lead the way but are unlikely to be able to afford his wages and it's likely that the final battle for his services will be fought out.

At 6ft 1 in tall, the Swede fits the Sam Allardyce profile given the continual absence of striker Andy Carroll.

He boasts an incredibly effective goals record from his time at Feyenoord on loan in the 2011-12 season when he scored 20 in 23 appearances.

He has now recovered from a muscle wasting injury but those clubs ready to take a gamble will be taking a chance on his match fitness particularly as relegation fighting clubs want a player who can come straight in.

A source told SportsDirect News exclusively: "There's no lack of offers and I can confirm the names of the clubs you mention are correct."

is everything this bloke does a exclusive never known anything to come off
cockney hammer
Resident badge expert

Post by cockney hammer »

Sam Allardyce returns to the top of the Sack Race

Sam AllardyceThe back-to-back sackings of Steve Clarke (West Brom) and Andre Villas-Boas (Tottenham) has sent shockwaves through the Premier League Sack Race with no manager safe at this crucial stage of the season. AVB became the fifth gaffer to depart this season, and third this month, following Clarke's exit on Saturday, and Martin Jol's two weeks ago.

The under-fire Sam Allardyce now returns to the top of the market at 7/4 with Sky Bet, although Malky Mackay (7/2) and Chris Hughton (5/1) offer stiff competition in the betting. Big Sam has been under pressure for months following a poor run which has seen West Ham win just one of their last nine league games, leaving them just one point above the relegation zone. Cardiff and Norwich both picked up points at the weekend to ease the pressure slightly on their respective managers, although defeats this coming weekend would plunge them back into stormy waters.

Another name to watch out for is Swansea manager Michael Laudrup (8/1) who is currently being linked with the Tottenham Hotspur vacancy. The Dane is one of the early favourites to replace AVB at White Hart Lane and if rumours are to be believed he could be a tempting bet to be the next top-flight manager to depart.
cockney hammer
Resident badge expert

Post by cockney hammer »

A Christmas letter to Big Samta

Christmas CardDear Big Samta,

I’ve been good this year. Really good. I renewed my season ticket even though I couldn’t afford it. I bought away tickets, cup tickets, and have been cheering and clapping and singing and yelling and swearing diligently at every game- whether in person or from a dodgy Internet link.

I’ve been a good little supporter this year.

But you, Big Samta, you’re kinda on my naughty list. This season has been rubbish so far. I know the second season is never easy (although, you know… Southampton) and we’ve been bitterly unlucky with injuries and referees.

But with that in mind, I’ve got a big Christmas list for West Ham; and since I’ve been really good this year- I better get everything on the list.

1. At least one competent, healthy, proficient striker in the January transfer window. Preferably two; I mean obviously our current use of strikers is… sublime, but wouldn’t it be nice to see two people up front scoring goals? Be still my beating heart.

2. A new TV for the Alpari Upper and/or faster queue service. The only thing worse than watching bad football is watching it on a fuzzy TV because it took 15 plus minutes to get a beer to numb the pain/cold. There’s no way TVs are even that expensive. Surely they are less than 0.5% that what Modibo Maiga earns each week, so please can we…redistribute some assets and buy a new TV?

3. Some points. Don’t care who they are against, how we get them, etc– we just need to get some darn points from somewhere. It would be so nice to not get relegated. So, so nice.

4. Kevin Nolan to evaluate his role for the club. He worked wonders for us last year, scored goals, and looked like a leader. While he’s on his usual Christmas period suspension, hopefully he has a think about what’s gone wrong this year. He doesn’t look fit, he’s not contributing well, and the only time I see him running is when he’s heading into an offside position.

Really, it’s not too much to ask. I mean obviously I’d love for peace on earth, goodwill for all, and all that– but more than anything, I just want us to start playing better football, and see us score some goals.

Oh, and I want a partridge in a pear tree….or at least Andy Carroll back on the pitch before 2015.

What’s on your Christmas list from West Ham? Write it out below or tweet me @makingthemarrow
cockney hammer
Resident badge expert

Post by cockney hammer »

West Ham news: Allardyce will not be sacked

Exclusive

by Hugh Southon

West Ham United's trouble-torn boss Sam Allardyce is safe in his job.

Despite a dreadful run of results and failing to beat bottom of the table Sunderland at the weekend, the club intend to stick with their manager.

Although co-owner David Sullivan has made it clear that Allardyce's position will not be reviewed until the end of the season, many have believed that to be a mere 'vote of confidence'.

With Crystal Palace, Sunderland and Fulham - the three clubs beneath the east London club - all having replaced their bosses, Allardyce is seen very much as the next in line with the exception of Andre Villas-Boas at Tottenham Hotspur.

The White Hart lane boss is an incredible 4/6 on in some places for the chop while Allardyce remains a 12/1 second favourite with Malky Mackay at Cardiff City.

The Hammers boss clashes with Villas-Boas in the League Cup at White Hart Lane on Wednesday evening.

A source told SportsDirect News exclusively: "The owners aren't rapid sackers - never have been and never will be.

"So much has happened outside anyone's control this season it would be a bad decision."
Pamadice

Post by Pamadice »

Cheers CH :)
Johnny Pa(i)ntsil

Post by Johnny Pa(i)ntsil »

Many thanks CH.

If that first photo of Carroll is him stretching, I'd reckon he's good for about 15 minutes before he's injured again. Inflexible b*stard.