tuesday;s news 17th december includes west ham

An archive of Cockney Hammer's West Ham-related daily news digests from 2009-2015. For the latest daily digests, see the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

cockney hammer
Resident badge expert
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 143 likes

tuesday;s news 17th december includes west ham

Post by cockney hammer »

Happy new year! Unhappy Hammers will be cheered up by The Hammerettes 2014 calendar
On the bench: The Hammeretts can often be seen down at Upton Park on a matchday

Happy Hammers: The Hammerettes have kept a smile on West Ham fans faces despite recent poor results
Strike a pose: The dancers are currently performing at the PDC World Darts Championship
All smiles: The Hammerettes pose with former World darts champion Eric Bristow

Cheer up West Ham fans, it's not all doom and gloom this Christmas... you can purchase your own Hammerettes calendar!

With West Ham languishing at the wrong end of the table just a point above the relegation zone, Hammers fans aren't feeling too happy in the build up to Christmas.

However, the official 2014 Hammerettes calendar should cheer supporters up ahead of the new year regardless of the club's results during the Christmas period.

Although they are no longer seen at Upton Park on matchdays, the international dance team have launched their own calendar.
Happy new year! Unhappy Hammers might be cheered up by the Hammerettes 2014 calendar

The talented group are currently performing at the PDC World Darts Championships.

West Ham have been suffering froma poor run of results of late but the Hammerettes are keeping a smile on supporter's faces.

After Sam Allardyce's side lost 1-0 away to lowly Crystal Palace in early December, one Hammers fan amusingly tweeted: 'So frustrated with West Ham after that game. At least I have a @Hammerettes calendar on it's way. So I have that going for me.'

Kone tomorrow: The Frenchman wants to move to Spain or England

West Ham, Sunderland and Hull set for January transfer battle over Lorient defender Lamine Kone

Premier League rivals West Ham, Sunderland and Hull are in a three-way fight to land Lorient defender Lamine Kone in the January transfer window.

The powerhouse centre-back is available for £2.2million - despite signing a new three-year deal with the Ligue 1 outfit only last summer.

But he wants a move to either England or Spain, and the French side will not stand in his way if their valuation on the 24-year-old is met.

Kone, who is also being tracked by La Liga pair Malaga and Celta Vigo, confirmed:"I extended for three years but, if there is a good offer, Lorient will not say 'no.'"

Hammers boss Sam Allardyce, Black Cats manager Gus Poyet and Tigers chief Steve Bruce have all had Kone watched as they look to strengthen their squads for the survival battle ahead of them in the second-half of the season.

Kone, a former France under-20 international who can also play at right-back, is rated as one of his country's most solid and reliable defenders.

And his series of consistently impressive performances have helped hoist Lorient into the top half of the table.

Remembering the 1923 FA Cup Final

Another part of my “remembering” series and I have to own up as to not having been around for this game! The 1923 FA Cup Final is another part of football history for West Ham. It was the first final ever to be played at Wembley Stadium and we are in the history books as being the first team to lose a Cup Final there. Our opponents on the day were Bolton Wanderers and they beat us by two goals to nil. However, the football match was, in comparison, a small part of what happened on this historic day. The match has been for years remembered as the “White Horse” final.

The White Horse Cup Final was to go down as one of the most extraordinary events in sporting history. The then new Wembley, officially known as The Empire Stadium, was completed just 4 days prior to the 1923 Cup Final and was considered to be the Worlds greatest sporting arena.

The capacity was believed to be 127,000 and it was considered ample as the previous year’s final had attracted a crowd of just 53,000. However, the organisers had not taken into account the lure of the new National Stadium and before you could say “make it all ticket”, nearly half a million people were converging on the ground.

By 1.45pm the gates were closed as the capacity limit had been reached. However, a quarter of a million more people were swelling outside the stadium in a tide that was not going to go away. The locked out crowd began breaking down gates and scaling the walls to get in as the surge to get in became overwhelming. Before long an estimated additional 100,000 fans had made it into the ground and the groundswell had seen spectators spill from the terraces and onto the pitch . We will never know how many people were crammed into the stadium that day, estimates range from 240,000 to 300,000, but it will go down as “unofficially” the highest non racing sports attendance in World sport.

At 2.45pm after the King had overseen the singing of the National anthem, it was unclear if a game could be played at all? The pitch was completely full of spectators and it seemed impossible to see how the chaos could be rectified. Then along came the hero’s of the day – a police constable named George Scorey and his white horse “Billy”. He carefully picked his way to the centre of the pitch and then started to circle, edging the crowd back bit by bit. The horse nudging here, nudging there, as he continued to enlarge the territory which was the green blades of grass of the playing field. George persuaded the front ranks of spectators to link arms and push backwards as the horse kept manoeuvring the crowd back until after 45 minutes the crowd had been retreated all the way back to the edge of the pitch. It was then realised that any more retreating was impossible.

The game eventually started which often saw players, unable to stop themselves near the touch lines, hurtling into the crowd and struggling to get back onto the pitch amidst the mass of supporters. At half time both teams had to stay on the field and several times in the second half play was stopped as the crowd again spilled onto the playing area. Goals from David Jack and Jack Smith ensured a 2-0 win to Bolton who were one of the strongest teams of that era. In honour of Billy the white horse, the footbridge outside the new Wembley was named the “White Horse Bridge”.

i remember oldun telling me about what a great day out he had when he went to this although he was only six at the time i remember him saying how excited he was to go to this cup final

An open letter to Sam Allardyce

Sam AllardyceAfter watching the latest woeful West Ham home performance against bottom of the table Sunderland. I think now I can now suggest to Big Sam Allardyce, after suffering a series of dull, defensive minded efforts over several months now, that packing the midfield and sitting the defence deep on top of your own goalkeeper isn’t working for us. Furthermore, this will fail to produce goals for as long as this tired and predictable system is allowed to operate.

The way we play simply allows opposition sides a starting platform 20 yards closer to our goal, allows unemployed defenders to push into midfield and overload us, and forces us to defend for our lives for most of the match. We have neither the required pace or skill to counteract with any fluidity or regularity, and all we succeed in doing is isolating the poor individual who has been selected as ‘striker’ (that’s the bloke who is supposed to be scoring goals by the way), who we now require to make runs across the width of the field, find space against two or more defenders, control the ball, bring others into play and stick the ball in the net. Not much to ask then Mr.Allardyce?

Do you know I actually feel sorry for Modibo Maiga and Carlton Cole. Even the worlds best strikers would have their hands full as the lone man up front, and even then with the benefit of clever and frequent support from the midfielders. We are expecting journeyman players to do all of this with, at times, no support at all, or at best one player looking to help our overworked front man. It’s an impossible job Sam, and that’s precisely why we have such a shocking goals for record. Surely you can see that…because we can !

Sure, when (if ?) Andy Carroll finally makes an appearance we can give the system another go, but until then, please do us a favour…at least try two strikers…. one linking just behind the other, and see how we get on. Do you really think things will be any worse than they have been of late Sam?

When you first came here you put a lot of backs up by claiming the famed “West Ham way” was a losing way. Well that may well have been the case but at least we lost with some style my friend and us fans went home having seen some shots at goal. What exactly is the Allardyce way, Sam? Packed defence and midfield? Lone striker or even none at all? Wingers with no one to hit? The ball moving backwards or sideways, as forward options are hard to find?

They may have been happy at Bolton Wanderers or Blackburn Rovers to pay to watch this bore-fest, but as Hammers we expect and want more than we are getting. Start to think offensively because your way isn’t our way!

Why we owe a lot of Gold and Sullivan

Due to the difficult times the club are going through at the moment there’s been a lot of negativity towards the owners and particularly David Gold because he has twitter and fans can message him easily. I don’t think the hard time he’s getting is fair because looking at the bigger picture he’s done a lot of good for the club.
I don’t think we’d be in the premier league right now if they hadn’t been there to help out and really all fans want is for us to do well in the league. The Olympic Stadium is notably the big thing that Gold, Sullivan and Brady have achieved and at this moment it doesn’t bare thinking about how it’s going to feel to leave Upton Park but the OS should help us move on to bigger things. With some hope and luck we should still have Andy Carroll maybe Ravel and some of our youngsters Lee, Chambers, Lletget etc. so there’s plenty of reasons to be optimistic as long as were still in the premier league and I think we will be, this season will be a struggle but we’ll pull through. We’re not the team or fans that give up. Another factor that comes with the OS is that the debt will be cleared, we will never know the complete ins and outs of what’s going on money wise but if we are then the club can focus on getting good players and I think the bigger stadium will help attract good players.

The fact that David Gold has twitter automatically earns my respect, it can’t be easy, we are a very passionate group of fans and he puts up with the tweets and often comes out with responses that make us laugh. I do believe he tries to be as honest as he can but it’s not like he can share a lot of details that other teams may see. He has been very quiet recently which hasn’t looked great because it’s a time when the fans want answers but overall it’s a good interaction to have with the fans.
He’s a lifelong fan of the club but that doesn’t mean he can go and do whatever he wants, he has finance and business decisions to think about. At the current time, like him or not he deserves respect for what he’s done as do Sullivan and Brady.

By Lily Fenton
@Lily_fenton

Follow the blog on Twitter @MooreThanAClub

David Lee believes Will Jaaskelainen could have a bright future

David Lee impressed with Jussi Jaaskelainen's son Will

WHITES Under-18s coach David Lee believes teenage goalkeeper Will Jaaskelainen has already showed he has what it takes to follow in his father Jussi’s footsteps.

The 15-year-old was one of the stand-out performers on Friday as Lee and Tony Kelly’s youngsters were knocked out of the FA Youth Cup on penalties by Sheffield United.

It was the youngster’s first outing at the Reebok – a ground his father graced for more than a decade for Wanderers.

And he made a string of crucial saves to help keep the score at 1-1 after normal time, forcing extra-time and then penalties.

The shootout saw him beaten four times as the Blades progressed 4-3.

Lee said the teenager did himself justice on the night and is confident the experience will stand him in good stead.

“Will is still 15 years of age,” said Lee. “It was an unbelievable experience for him to play at the Reebok for 120 minutes and then face a shootout.

“He came back in disappointed he hadn’t saved any penalties and that says a lot about his character.

“But he did fantastically well and pulled off some good saves to keep us in the game.

“I look two years down the line when he is more mature, and this experience will stand him in good stead.”

It was a landmark night for another ‘Will’ in the U18s side with first-year scholar William Abbotts netting a stunning equaliser to mark his own Reebok debut.

Abbotts admits, despite defeat, it was an experience he will never forget.

“It was absolutely amazing.” he said. “To play in a stadium like that – it’s just completely different to playing up at Lostock on a Saturday afternoon. To get the goal was fantastic – as soon as I struck the ball, I knew it was going in and when it hit the back of the net I was over the moon. Unfortunately, it counted for nothing.”

Is survival incompatible with Capital One Cup success?

In 2011, Birmingham City infamously defeated Arsenal at Wembley in the Carling Cup final. It was a victory against all the odds, in the context of a premier league season of dire struggle but it will be for ever etched into Blues’ folklore as something that cannot be taken away. 3 months later, they were relegated.

I have never subscribed to the theory that cup success and premiership success are mutually exclusive although one suspects that Allardyce does. This differs from the view of managers like Rednapp who have gone on record as stating that winning is a habit and that cup success can be such a great fillip around the football club.

Anyway, the selections so far in the competition suggest that Allardyce doesn’t take it too seriously. Personally, I think that is a shame but I wonder what do you all think? One game from a 2 legged semi-final and a possible Wembley appearance, playing a team in turmoil who we have beaten once already, who have just been murdered by Liverpool and who have just sacked their manager, I’d favour playing a full strength (as far as is possible) team and giving it a right good go.

In other news, I spoke to a friend of mine who attended the fans’ forum last week. As we suspected, the questions were indeed entirely filtered. He tried to ask ‘Can Mr Gold please explain to us why the club used the financial fair play rules to explain away their lack of ambition in the transfer market during the summer, at a time when other clubs with far greater debts than ourselves were a) not using this excuse and b) dipping their feet very firmly into the transfer market?’ Guess what, it wasn’t asked!

Finally, see the latest league table, following Saturday’s bore draw. Well done to MickNo6 and Tom who correctly predicted 0-0 and bagged the maximum 5 points and also to AdeludedCoker who hangs on in there at the top of the pile after correctly predicting the draw. Just the trip to OT to go in this round, chaps!

Kwame Boakye West Ham fan[/color]
West Ham United's Mohamed Diame (left) competes for the ball with Sunderland's Sebastian Larsson (centre) and Lee Cattermole (right) during the Barclays Premier League match at Upton Park, London.

West Ham fans are all fed up but we have to stick with Sam

Things are bad at the moment, the performance against Sunderland was shocking, they played the better football and created the better chances, we’re fed up with not scoring, we’re fed up with not winning . . . but we need to stick with Sam.

I can understand how some fans want Sam gone but when the question is posed as to who can come in and do a better job these same fans can’t come up with a decent replacement, and no Roberto Di Matteo doesn’t count as a decent replacement; as before his stint as Chelsea boss, his CV wasn’t too impressive and Chelsea don’t count!

For the love of God Avram Grant, the worst manager in our club’s history, came within a penalty kick of winning the Champions League with them and that had nothing do to with his ability as a manager; it had everything do to with the star-studded squad he inherited.

So those who want Sam out you’ve got to come up with a name with prem experience and could instantly change things…the only man I can think of who fits the bill is ‘arry Redknapp and for various reason’s that is one managerial appointment that simply isn’t possible.

I’m greatly intrigued as to who West Brom are going to appoint after Steve Clarke got the bullet, if they appoint Di Matteo after sacking him a couple of years ago then they’re a joke, if they appoint Martin Jol after he was axed from Fulham then they’re delusional.

The teams around us are all appointing new managers and it simply cannot work for them all, we’re in a desperate situation and yeah maybe if there was an outstanding candidate available I too would be pleading for a change, but they’re simply isn’t one.

I’m pleased the owners are bucking the trend of believing a new manager will automatically solve all our problems, especially when the pool of potential candidates is so poor. Our shot at getting out of the mess lies in the January transfer window, it lies in getting Stewart Downing, Winston Reid and Andy Carroll on the pitch.

I’ve lost a lot faith in Allardyce this season, we all have, but the list of potential replacements is so poor that we must stick with him till the season’s end and re-assess the situation in the summer.

Former Liverpool boss Rafael Benitez wants to sign Reds defender Daniel Agger, 29, on loan in January to boost Napoli's Serie A title chances in Italy.

Full story: Daily Mail

Arsenal and Liverpool are chasing £7.5m-rated Olympiakos and Greece striker Konstantinos Mitroglou, 25.

: Daily Star

Manchester United are considering a move for Dinamo Bucharest's 18-year-old winger Dorin Rotariu.

the Sun (subscription required)

Chelsea are leading the chase for Inter Milan's 25-year-old defender Andrea Ranocchia.

Daily Express

Newcastle defender Steven Taylor is a January target for QPR manager Harold Redwanker , who wants the 27-year-old on loan for the second half of the season.
Daily Mirror

Monaco are weighing up a move for 23-year-old Tottenham and England defender Kyle Walker, who only signed a new contract in October.

Daily Telegraph

Bayer Leverkusen want Chelsea's 22-year-old Belgian winger Kevin De Bruyne in January, according to the Germans' director of sport Rudi Voller.

Metro

Sacked Tottenham manager Andre Villas-Boas, 36, is in line for a £4.5m compensation package.
London Evening Standard

Villas-Boas was sacked after refusing to pick 29-year-old striker Emmanuel Adebayor - despite Tottenham's lack of goals.

Independent

Spurs chairman Daniel Levy will give former midfielder Tim Sherwood, 44, two games to prove he is up to replacing Villas-Boas.
Daily Star

Former Tottenham manager Harold Redwanker believes Sherwood should get the job permanently.

the Sun (subscription required)

Cardiff City manager Malky Mackay, 41, is on the brink of leaving the club after being told he will not get a "single penny" for new signings in January.

: Daily Mail

Schalke boss Ralf Rangnick, 55, came top in a newspaper poll of men West Bromwich Albion fans would like as their new manager following Steve Clarke's exit.

Birmingham Mail

West Brom will inform their new head coach that they will have to lead the club to Premier League safety without any money for transfers in the January window.

Daily Telegraph

Gianfranco Zola, who resigned as manager of Watford on Monday, could replace Clarke at The Hawthorns.

the Times (subscription required)

Former Wolverhampton Wanderers, Sunderland and Norwich midfielder Carl Robinson, 37, is the new manager of MLS team Vancouver Whitecaps.

Washington Post

Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho claims striker Fernando Torres, 29, lacks skill and the killer instinct to score 25 goals in a season.

London Evening Standard

Scotland manager Gordon Strachan has welcomed Darren Fletcher's long-awaited return from injury but could wait before recalling the Manchester United midfielder, 29, to the national team.

Scotsman

Former England striker Michael Owen, 34, is backing calls for a "peace match" between England and Afghanistan at Wembley to mark the end of the war against the Taliban.
Daily Mirror

http://images2.sex.com/images/pinporn/2 ... =alexandra" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Last edited by cockney hammer on Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
sutts07
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 539 likes

Re: tuesday;s news 17th december includes west ham

Post by sutts07 »

Cheers CH... Hammerttes are not what they used to be... Or maybe I'm just a lot older now?!
cockney hammer
Resident badge expert

Post by cockney hammer »

sutts07 wrote:Cheers CH... Hammerttes are not what they used to be... Or maybe I'm just a lot older now?!

deffo mate still would not say no though :lol:
dt64
Has liked: 2 likes
Total likes: 10 likes

Post by dt64 »

sutts07 wrote:Cheers CH... Hammerttes are not what they used to be... Or maybe I'm just a lot older now?!
Was thinking this myself, i probably still would but it would be a struggle with some of em! Sign of what Women think is attractive, far too much slap on their faces!
cockney hammer
Resident badge expert

Post by cockney hammer »

DAILY MAIL

Tim Sherwood has been handed the chance to become the next full-time boss of Tottenham after Andre Villas-Boas was sacked yesterday.

Manuel Pellegrini claimed Barcelona are no longer the force of old after his Manchester City side were paired with them in the last 16 of the Champions
THE SUN

Harold Redwanker last night urged Spurs to make Tim Sherwood their next permanent manager.

Sergio Aguero has been ruled out for four weeks.
THE INDEPENDENT

What little power Andre Villas-Boas commanded among the Tottenham Hotspur hierarchy had crumbled away by the time that the club made the swift decision yesterday morning that time was up for the modern young coach and his big ideas.

Ever since last week, Arsene Wenger and Manuel Pellegrini must have both known what was coming.
THE TIMES

Tim Sherwood has been handed the chance to take charge of Tottenham Hotspur until the end of the season after being named as interim head coach in the wake of the dismissal of Andre Villas-Boas yesterday.

It had got to the point where Darren Fletcher was effectively a prisoner in his own four walls. 'I couldn't leave the house, it was as simple as that,' he said.
THE DAILY TELEGRAPH

Tim Sherwood has been given the chance to prove he can get the best out of Tottenham Hotspur's £110million underperformers.

Liverpool have received an audacious loan bid from Napoli for defender Daniel Agger.
DAILY EXPRESS

Tottenham were left without a manager and in chaos just 48 hours before a cup quarter-final after Andre Villas-Boas questioned his own future following the defeat by Liverpool.

Barcelona are in the unfamiliar position of running scared about facing an English team in the Champions League.
DAILY MIRROR

Tim Sherwood has been handed the chance to make the Tottenham job his own after Andre Villas-Boas was sacked yesterday.

Malky Mackay's future was plunged into grave doubt after Cardiff owner Vincent Tan warned he will not get 'a single penny' in next month's transfer window.
DAILY STAR

Chairman Daniel Levy has told Tim Sherwood he wants him to be the next full-time Tottenham boss.

Gianfranco Zola fell on his sword last night after Watford's awful run of form.
THE GUARDIAN

Tim Sherwood will have an opportunity to stake his claim to succeed Andre Villas-Boas at Tottenham Hotspur after the club turned to their highly rated technical co-ordinator to oversee first-team affairs following the dismissal of the Portuguese.

Gianfranco Zola made the decision to resign as manager of Watford yesterday 'in the best interests of the team'.
cockney hammer
Resident badge expert

Post by cockney hammer »

Paper Talk - 17 December 2013
Olympiakos striker Kostas Mitroglou is a January target for Liverpool and Arsenal, while Napoli boss Rafa Benitez is eyeing Daniel Agger.

Rafa Benitez is hoping to lure Liverpool defender Daniel Agger to Napoli on a loan deal.
Newcastle United are inching closer to a loan deal for Manchester United winger Wilfried Zaha.
Malky Mackay's relationship with Cardiff City owner Vincent Tan fell to a new low on Monday night as the Malaysian billionaire launched a public attack on his manager.

Olympiakos striker Kostas Mitroglou is a January target for both Liverpool and Arsenal.
Michael Laudrup believes Swansea have been given a mountain to climb in the Europa League having been drawn against Napoli.
Kolo Toure believes that Liverpool can give red-hot marksman Luis Suarez just what he wants this season - a trophy.

Barcelona are in the unfamiliar position of running scared about facing an English team in the Champions League.
Inter Milan's Andrea Ranocchia is attracting the attentions of several Premier League clubs, with Chelsea leading the race for the defender.

Romanian youngster Dorin Rotariu is reportedly on Manchester United's radar.
Sheffield United manager Nigel Clough is considering a raid on former club Derby County for Johnny Russell.

Everton are plotting a double deal for Dundee United starlets Andrew Robertson and John Souttar.
West Ham, Sunderland and Hull are set for a January transfer battle over Lorient defender Lamine Kone.
Newcastle outcast Steven Taylor is a transfer target for Harry Redknapp at QPR.
Tottenham will give Tim Sherwood the opportunity to land the vacant manager's job following AVB's dismissal.
Gianfranco Zola is being linked with the West Brom job with Steve Clarke the favourite for the Watford position in a bizarre job swap.
Luis Suarez has won silverware at the Emirates after picking up the FSF Player of the Year award.
Manchester United's returning Darren Fletcher was so ill he couldn't even have a kickabout with his kids.

Tim Sherwood has been handed a chance to convince he can manage Tottenham after Andre Villas-Boas was dismissed.
Napoli boss Rafael Benítez wants to capitalise on Daniel Agger's predicament at Liverpool and take the defender on loan.

Monaco could make a shock move for Spurs defender Kyle Walker in the upcoming transfer window.
essexhog

Post by essexhog »

cheers, top work as usual
the wren
Location: Alpari Upper, complete with view of Barking-Upon-Thames

Post by the wren »

Bloody hell! How old is Will? He looks older than his dad... :?

Ta CH
cockney hammer
Resident badge expert

Post by cockney hammer »

Jack Collison scored the second goal against Burnley[/color]

Why West Ham should not risk their Premier League status for a Capital One Cup run

I can see why most fans get excited about a run in either the FA Cup or the League Cup.

Both have such great tradition and the FA Cup, in particular, holds some brilliant memories for West Ham fans but it has been a long time since one of our captains got his hands on a cup trophy.

I would, however, be very concerned if Sam Allardyce was to risk Premier League safety for a cup run, as shown in recent years by Birmingham City and Wigan Athletic.

With the financial wonders on offer with a place in the top flight of English football, there have been many teams who now field second string sides in the cups and I hope Big Sam opts for this strategy against Tottenham Hotspur in the League Cup quarter final on Wednesday night and Nottingham Forest in the FA Cup next month.

There is no doubting that winning a cup gives a club a great day out with unrivaled joy, especially compared to the safe and slow finish to the season for West Ham in their return to the Premier League last season.

But to risk our top flight status and possibly have to endure another season or more in the Championship could financially bring the club to its knees and would be the worst possible scenario ahead of our move to the Olympic Stadium.

The memories that a cup run, especially the traditional FA Cup, holds for West Ham are some of our best moments in history.

The Ron Greenwood side of 1964, the last team to win the trophy with an all-English side under John Lyall in 1975, and being the last side to win the cup without being in the top flight of English football in the 1980 FA Cup win over Arsenal.

But with the financial importance on staying in the Premier League, it might not be best for Allardyce to go all guns blazing this season to win a trophy.

Although it would be great to see, don’t bank on it happening this season as Big Sam continues to battle to keep us in the Premier League.
Adie64
Has liked: 463 likes

Post by Adie64 »

Thanks CH, much appreciated. :thup:
kaybee15

Post by kaybee15 »

Well hellooooo - it's the ladies... *twiddles moustache, waggles eyebrows*

Even by your excellent standards CH that is some sterling work today :thup:
view from the shires
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 32 likes

Post by view from the shires »

The picture of the Hammerettes in the stand is a premonition of how the Olympic Stadium will look if we maintain our current level of performance.
Moxy

Post by Moxy »

Cheers CH
Hammertapp
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 4 likes

Post by Hammertapp »

cockney hammer wrote:
Why West Ham should not risk their Premier League status for a Capital One Cup run
:asleep: zzzzzzzzz

I swear it's like no one understands football fans any more.

Either that or, more likely, they just don't give a toss about them...

Cheers CH.
simon hammer
Has liked: 961 likes
Total likes: 738 likes

Post by simon hammer »

Cheers C.H :thup:
chappo59
Location: In a land far far away where away defeats are frowned upon
Has liked: 359 likes
Total likes: 210 likes

Post by chappo59 »

Cheers CH....the red haired hammerette has got bigger thighs than Mark Hughes :shock:
wormley
Total likes: 3 likes

Post by wormley »

view from the shires wrote:The picture of the Hammerettes in the stand is a premonition of how the Olympic Stadium will look if we maintain our current level of performance.
brilliant!
paulthebubble

Post by paulthebubble »

Cheers CH.

Mitroglou, or Mitrogol, YES!
I'd hate to see him go to the mickeys or L'Arse. If he does leave Olympiakos I hope it's for West Ham. I don't think they're keen to sell him now as they're playing Manure in the next round. He's a born goalscorer. He can score with either foot, his head, and always seems to get into good positions. He was loaned out to a smaller Athenian club last year and still led the league in goals. This year he has 4 hat tricks, one was in the Champions League against Anderlecht. He scored 3 in the playoffs with Romania. He has around 25 goals already this season. He can make runs and drift out wide to receive the ball but he needs to be played centrally. He can also hold the ball up well and bring others into play.
Hammer Smith

Post by Hammer Smith »

Thanks CH
Hammer of Oz

Post by Hammer of Oz »

3, 4, 1, 5, 2.

Am I doing it right?