saturday's news 21st december includes west ham

An archive of Cockney Hammer's West Ham-related daily news digests from 2009-2015. For the latest daily digests, see the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

cockney hammer
Resident badge expert
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 143 likes

saturday's news 21st december includes west ham

Post by cockney hammer »

Rav reviews: Morrison has caught the eye with West Ham this season
Red alert: Fergie decided Morrison had to leave not just United but Manchester

West Ham signed Ravel Morrison based on a single sentence spoken by Manchester United's Sir Alex Ferguson

Sam Allardyce reveals he was an easy sell as reformed bad-boy midfielder prepares to return to Old Trafford for the first time
Rav reviews: Morrison has caught the eye with West Ham this season Rav reviews: Morrison has caught the eye with West Ham this season

West Ham boss Sam Allardyce has revealed how one sentence from Sir Alex Ferguson was enough to make him take the gamble on Ravel Morrison.

Many thought it was a big risk when Allardyce brought in the ­troubled teen in January 2012 with his side battling for promotion back to the Premier League.

At 18, Morrison had already been convicted of witness intimidation and criminal damage and had never appeared for United in the league.

But Big Sam explained: “Fergie told me about his talent and that was it – that’s enough for me.

“He said, ‘If you can sort this lad out, Sam, you’ll have one of the best players you’ve ever had’. I don’t need anything more than that do I?”

Morrison returns to Old Trafford this weekend for the first time since he was bombed out by the Premier League champions.

Since then he has impressed on loan at Birmingham, has scored five in 17 for the Hammers this term and could even be in line for a shock call-up to Roy Hodgson’s World Cup squad.

Allardyce added: “Sir Alex let Ravel go for his own benefit. He said that if Ravel’s going to be a player he has to leave Manchester and go somewhere else in this country because he felt being in Manchester wasn’t helping him develop.

“[He said] if he comes down to you hopefully he’ll find a new life and a new way of living and then his performances and his ability will then start to come through.

“In actual fact, he struggled to look like he was capable of playing football in the first team with us. That’s why we sent him on loan to Birmingham and I thought since that year he’s grown up.

“Somewhere along the line lads wake up and they start coming in and thinking, ‘I can have all the help I need but if I don’t change myself then I’m not going to be successful’. I think he’s changed himself and delivered.”

Ravel Morrison (Pic: Getty Images) Red alert: Fergie decided Morrison had to leave not just United but Manchester

With his eye-catching displays for the Hammers, including a dazzling solo goal in the 3-0 win at Tottenham in October, talk of a new contract has emerged.

Morrison has about 18 months left on his current agreement and it has been suggested the east London club are lining up a bumper new deal for the England Under-21 midfielder.

But Allardyce has told him that if he keeps concentrating on ­football then “mega-bucks” will come his way.

The Hammers manager, who will be without suspended skipper Kevin Nolan at Old Trafford on Saturday, said: “A lot of the time, too often, it revolves around money and not football. But it should revolve around having a good career and then money follows.

“If it ends up in the Premier League then it’s mega-bucks. If you don’t get there and you take the money then the career can stagnate on that basis.”

Morrison is fresh after sitting out West Ham’s Capital One Cup quarter-final win over Tottenham on Wednesday – and is expected to start against David Moyes’ side, who are hoping to avoid a third straight home defeat in the Premier League.

Russell Brand wants Andy Carroll back up top for West Ham United
Lookalike: Brand and Carroll (pictured) are donning a similar look at the moment
nteresting: Carroll posted this picture of himself on Twitter

Russell Brand's only Christmas wish: Get West Ham star Carroll back to fitness!

Russell Brand has one Christmas wish this year. That Andy Carroll can shake the foot injury that has wrecked his season so far.

Comedian Brand, a lifelong West Ham supporter, believes the east-London club can avoid the drop, and wants Carroll back to lead Sam Allardyce’s attack.

When asked by West Ham TV what he wanted for Christmas, Brand replied: ‘I'd like that little muscle in Andy Carroll's foot to get better. He's got a little muscle in his foot that takes a long, long while.

‘It seems like it's entering the realm of miracles getting that fella's foot better. But it might need Jesus, who I understand Andy Carroll now looks like.’

Brand was referencing a picture Carroll posted of himself on Twitter in an ice bath with lank black hair and a bushy beard.

Brand added: ‘Sometimes I have some social network contact with Andy Carroll, I see him out with his top off or whatever and I usually say, "go to hospital, get better and hurry up!"'

Carroll, who is back in training again and finally looks to have turned a corner in recovering from the foot injury, is likely to be back in action at some point in January.

With the Irons languishing in 17th and dangerously close to the relegation zone going into the Christmas period, Brand had a positive message for his fellow West Ham supporters.

He added: 'Come on, we've been through this before. Stay focused, stay bold, stay stern and forthright and we won't be going down with the Christmas decorations.'

Andy Carroll's absence has cost West Ham dearly in the goal department
Hole at the back: New Zealand defender Winston Reid is targeting a January return after ankle surgery
[img]http://i.Value for money: Stewart Downing (left) was a big outlay for Sam Allardyce (right) at £6m
0-061F2D2A00000514-910_306x423.jpg[/img]
Value for money: Stewart Downing (left) was a big outlay for Sam Allardyce (right) at £6m
Bullseye: Demba Ba, who is struggling for game time at Chelsea, would be a dream target for Allardyce
On the outer: Emmanuel Adebayor (left) and Nikica Jelavic (right) could both be and tion here
Hand off: Allardyce is a fan of Rickie Lambert, but Mauricio Pochettino has said he's not up for grabs
Freeing up space: Carlton Cole's (left) short-term deal is up and Allardyce would listen to Modibo Maiga offers
Unappreciated: While Ba's not top of Jose Mourinho striker list, West Ham loved the Senegal marksman

WEST HAM'S TRANSFER WINDOW: Upton Park is desperate for a striker and cover for Reid at the back on a tight budget

As Premier League chiefs prepare to fling open the January transfer window, Sportsmail takes a look at each top-flight club and assesses the business they are each likely to do in the post-Christmas sales.

West Ham's needs are obvious with their biggest goal threat, £15m signing Andy Carroll, on the sidelines as they struggle to stay out of the relegation fight.

What do they need?

One word: striker. West Ham have suffered a chronic lack of goals in the absence of record purchase Andy Carroll, failing to find the net in eight out of 16 league games.

It is probable they need a couple of attacking buys, given the doubts over their £15million man’s return from a long-term ankle injury. They are also on the look-out for a central defender after the injury to Winston Reid. Ok, that’s a few more words.

How much is in the chest?

Sam Allardyce spent his last pennies of the summer transfer market on the £6million acquisition of Stewart Downing but both he and co-owners David Sullivan and David Gold say some additional funds are available in January.

The budget will still be tight though, and much depends on who leaves the club. The desire is for signings to be on loan.
Good value: Stewart Downing has been good value at £6m but had very little support
Tight budget: West Ham manager Sam Allardyce has to do lots with very little in the coffers

Value for money: Stewart Downing (left) was a big outlay for Sam Allardyce (right) at £6m

Who do they like the look of?

Allardyce has gone public over the club’s summer pursuit of Demba Ba, who stayed at Chelsea after another target Romelu Lukaku joined Everton, and that bid could be reprised. But more likely it represents the kind of player the West Ham manager wants: proven in the Barclays Premier League.

Nikica Jelavic is under serious consideration, with Everton willing to let the 28-year-old go should a replacement be found.

Emmanuel Adebayor is another option after being frozen out at Tottenham but the sacking of Andre Villas-Boas shifts the dynamic there, while it is a similar situation for Jermain Defoe.

Allardyce likes Rickie Lambert and will have noted the England forward is not a guaranteed started at Southampton but it is doubtful whether he would want upheaval so close to the World Cup.

Allardyce has spoken about recruiting from Europe and he has personally scouted Valencia striker Jonas, but the £5m asking price could prove prohibitive.

Meanwhile, Lamine Kone offers a viable defensive option. The 24-year-old Lorient centre-back is available for around £2m.

Who’s heading for the exit?

Mladen Petric has managed only 110 minutes of football this season and could leave to free-up wages, while offers on Modibo Maiga, who had failed to score in 13 appearances before snaring the winner in the Capital One Cup, would be welcomed. Other fringe players might go to release funds.

Best ever January buy?

Has to be Ba, who arrived from Hoffenheim in January 2011 with the club battling relegation. Despite doubts over his knees he scored seven goals in 12 league games to give West Ham a chance of survival. Unfortunately Avram Grant had other ideas.

Winter is not usually a productive time of year for West Ham.

January signing to forget?

Wellington Paulista may have had a Brazilian passport and Cruzeiro on the CV but was unable to show any samba style during his six-month loan deal last year.

The 29-year-old scored for the development side but failed to register any minutes for the first-team, only twice being named on the bench.

Proud owners: West Ham United chairman David Sullivan, Mayor of London Boris Johnson, West Ham vice chairman Karren Brady, Mayor of Newham Sir Robin Wales and West Ham chairman David Gold
Issue: Three men have been fined for spying on West Ham as they battled for the Olympic Stadium

Three men fined for 'snooping' on Hammers in stadium fight

A forensic accountant and two private investigators were fined more than £120,000 for ‘snooping’ on West Ham vice-chairman Karren Brady during Tottenham’s bidding war with the Hammers for the Olympic Stadium.

Richard Forrest, 30, Lee Stewart, 39, and Howard Hill, 58, - who were commissioned by Spurs to write a report into the bidding process - accessed private information in 2011.

Forrest recruited Hill and Stewart to illegally gather data, something Spurs did not know about. The trio obtained Brady’s mobile phone data, as well as those of co-owners David Gold and David Sullivan. Sir Robin Wales, the Mayor of Newham, was also targeted before Spurs pulled out of the stadium bid.

No one at Tottenham has been charged in relation to the crimes.

Ian Tompkins, West Ham’s Olympic project manager, and Dionne Knight, Olympic Park Legacy Committee project director, were also subject to surveillance and illegal requests for credit reports.

In one document, Hill, a partner at forensic accountants PKF, wrote a ‘wish-list’ of data: ‘Full background check on the three main individuals to include criminal record (if any) plus anything else derogatory or likely to undermine integrity.’

Ravel Morrison has flourished since swapping Old Trafford for Upton Park

Ravel Morrison thriving under West Ham spotlight

UPTON PARK is the ideal home for former tearaway Ravel Morrison, according to West Ham boss Sam Allardyce.

The Hammers travel to Old Trafford today hoping to inflict Manchester United’s third straight home defeat in the Premier League.

And Allardyce is likely to unleash Morrison against his below-par former club.

Morrison left Manchester for east London almost two years ago after a string of off-field incidents.

He initially found it difficult at the Hammers and was sent out to Birmingham on loan.

But he has produced some moments of magic this season, after breaking into Allardyce’s side, and has been tipped to make a late charge into England manager Roy Hodgson’s World Cup thoughts.

“There was a few bigger clubs than ours that were mooted to want him,” Allardyce said of the swoop for Morrison in January 2012.

“But that would have been a mistake had he gone to those sort of clubs, because that might have ended up with him having the same problems that he had at Manchester United.

“His football is his all, it’s all he wants to be and all he wants to do, but he wants first-team football. That’s his mentality.

“If he’s not playing first-team football, he wouldn’t be happy wherever he is, whether it be here or Manchester.

“That’s why we let him go to Birmingham, because they said, ‘He’ll get the opportunity to play first-team football on a regular basis’.”
Ads by Webexp EnhancedAd Options

“His football is his all, it’s all he wants to be and all he wants to do, but he wants first-team football”

Sir Alex Ferguson let Morrison leave United for just £650,000 after running out of patience with the talented, but troubled, youngster.

The midfielder was given a 12-month referral order for witness intimidation and has a conviction for criminal damage.

Despite improving his behaviour at Upton Park, Morrison has run into trouble.

He clashed with Wilfried Zaha on England Under-21 duty before shoving Crystal Palace’s Joel Ward after a 1-0 defeat earlier this month.

But Allardyce says that he knew what type of player he had on his hands after speaking to Ferguson.

“Fergie told me about his talent and that was it, that’s enough for me,” Allardyce said.

“He said, ‘If you can sort this lad out, Sam, you’ll have one of the best players you’ve ever had’. I don’t need anything more than that, do I?

“He was coming down here thinking he would play first-team football straight away, but unfortunately he found that a little difficult.

“But in the end, for both of us, it has paid off pretty well. We’re finding that we have a big talent on our books, which is extremely nice when you’re a club in our position.”

Sam Allardyce was told that Ravel Morrison had the potential to be the best player he ever had Sam Allardyce was told that Ravel Morrison had the potential to be the best player he ever had
Ravel Morrison has had more than a few scrapes with the authorities in the past

West Ham boss Sam Allardyce told to un-Ravel Morrison mystery

SAM ALLARDYCE still remembers the conversation with Sir Alex Ferguson two years ago that led to him signing Ravel Morrison: if you can sort this lad out, he was told, you’ll have one of the best players you’ve ever had.

“I don’t need anything more than that, do I?” Allardyce said.

Today, he will have a very different conversation with Morrison as he continues the process of “sorting out” a young talent that could end up either as an England international for years to come, or else in the lower leagues as another one of football’s washed-up, burnt-out might-have-beens.

He led a troubled life much too close to his roots in Wythenshawe and nearby Denton, and been in trouble with the authorities on and off the pitch. He was given a 12-month referral order in 2011 for two counts of witness intimidation, and picked up a further conviction of criminal damage when his girlfriend refused to testify in an assault charge.

In February 2012, he was fined £7,000 by the FA for a homophobic message posted on social media. It was simple – Ferguson decreed he had to get away from Manchester if he was ever to make it as a player.

“When you’re just 20 years old and you’ve got all the euphoria and praise coming your way, it’s bound to have some effect on him,” said West Ham boss Allardyce.

“He’s not playing bad by any stretch of the imagination, but the dazzling performances of a few weeks ago, they’re more on the ‘very good’ end. And we need something from a player of his capabilities because he’s shown us so much.” And Allardyce is using technology to help keep him on the straight and narrow.

“Somebody will Tweet me or send me a picture if they’re out and about now,” Allardyce said. “Social media is a great scouting network for me. If somebody does something, someone will go ‘click click’.

“I’ll say, ‘In you come, give us some of your money because you’re doing the wrong thing at the wrong time so you’re fined son’. Thankfully, they learn quickly.”

Man Utd boss David Moyes shows appreciation for West Ham gaffer Sam Allardyce

DAVID MOYES insists he has Sam Allardyce to thank for landing one of the biggest jobs in world football.

The Manchester United boss comes face to face with Allardyce today when West Ham visit Old Trafford.

But the scenario might never have happened if it wasn’t for Big Sam, who is the man responsible for giving Moyes the chance to prove himself in English football.

Scotsman Moyes’ playing career was drifting along north of the border until Allardyce offered him the chance to join Preston when he was working there as a youth coach.

Moyes went on to make almost 150 appearances at Deepdale before becoming assistant manager and then boss.

He led North End to promotion to the second tier and then within 90 minutes of the top flight, before going on to succeed Walter Smith as Everton boss.

Moyes now has one of the most high-profile managerial jobs after succeeding Sir Alex Ferguson and admits it wouldn’t have happened had it not been for the help of Allardyce all those years ago.

sam ON THE BALL: Allardyce was responsible for bringing David Moyes to ply his trade in England [REUTERS]

“It is right to say I might not be here at United had I not gone to Preston”
David Moyes

Moyes said: “I was playing for Dunfermline against Falkirk and Big Sam was youth-team coach at Preston and was sent to watch me by the manager John Beck.

“I had only been sent off once before in my career and I got sent off for a second time in this game for a deliberate handball.

“I think he went back and said, ‘What a player I have seen, John!’ So that was partly to do with me returning to England at that time.

“It is right to say I might not be here at United had I not gone to Preston. You never know how your career goes.

“That move was a good move for me, in terms of how my career went, and it gave me a springboard. Sam still reminds me of it, yes!”

Meanwhile Moyes, who is hoping to have Wayne Rooney back from a groin injury to face the Hammers, has revealed that Marouane Fellaini is suffering from a back problem.

But that could mean the Belgian international could now have overdue surgery on a wrist problem.

Moyes said: “Fellaini has an injury to his back. I’m going to send him for another scan. If it hasn’t healed up, I might need to take a decision and get his wrist done as well.

“We hoped his back would only be 10 days or so, but he is still feeling it. It’s a muscle that has separated from the bone.”

West Ham vice-chairman Karren Brady had her mobile phone bills accessed by a private investigator.

West Ham Olympic Stadium bid: three fined for spying on executives
• Men fined total of £123,000 for obtaining personal data
• Mobile phone bills of Karren Brady accessed by investigator

West Ham vice-chairman Karren Brady had her mobile phone bills accessed by a private investigator. Photograph: Gareth Fuller/PA

Three men who pleaded guilty to spying on West Ham as the club were bidding for tenancy of the Olympic Stadium have been fined.

Howard Hill, 59, from Stockport in Greater Manchester, was given a £100,000 fine at Southwark crown court after pleading guilty at an earlier hearing to obtaining personal data contrary to the Data Protection Act 1998.

Richard Forrest, 31, from Crawley, West Sussex, was given a £10,000 fine; and Lee Stewart, 40, from Esher in Surrey, was fined £13,250 after admitting the same charge.

Mark Dennis for the prosecution told the court that the mobile phone bills of West Ham's vice-chairman, Karren Brady, were accessed by a private investigator.

Dennis said Brady was targeted after Tottenham, who deny any involvement in the illegal activity, commissioned the accountancy firm PKF to examine the bidding process for the right to play at the Olympic Stadium.

The Olympic Park Legacy Company announced in February 2011 that West Ham would be given preferred bidder status for the stadium.

Hill, a former partner at PKF, employed private investigators to get information on West Ham and the OPLC.

Brady and the West Ham joint-chairmen David Gold and David Sullivan were among the people who became "the focus of attention for this activity", Dennis said.

The mayor of Newham, Sir Robin Wales, and several prominent figures in the OPLC were also targeted. Tottenham have always denied any involvement in the illegal activity.

Dennis told the court that, in February 2011, a man called Vodafone three times and said he had Brady's authority to access her mobile phone data.

Copies of her bills from December 2010 to the following February were forwarded to a bogus email address provided by the caller, which began westhamunited151, and passed on to Hill.

The court heard that a total of 10 people were targeted, including Dionne Knight, the OPLC Olympic project director.

Dennis read out an extract of an email sent by Stewart to Hill in which he told him the name, date of birth and school of Knight's daughter had been obtained.

The prosecutor told the court that in July 2011 a newspaper revealed that Knight was in a relationship with Ian Tompkins, Olympic project manager at West Ham, during the bid process.

The article was "suggesting that certain payments made by West Ham to Knight at OPLC may have been improper", Dennis said. He added that this was "subsequently shown to have been wholly wrong".

Judge Alistair McCreath, Recorder of Westminster, said in his sentencing remarks that Hill "had full control over this project" and "engaged others to do your dirty work for you" for financial gain.

Addressing all three defendants, he said: "By various devious strategies you accessed emails, phone records, bank records and in one case details of where the child of one of your victims went to school.

"The birth certificate of that child was obtained. Surveillance was carried out. Credit reports were obtained.

"It hardly needs stating that you had no right to any of this information."

He added: "What you did caused and continues to cause real harm to a significant number of people."

official site
Taylor looks to feed on Spurs result
http://www.whufc.com/articles/20131221/ ... 84_3584134" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Ravel Morrison in action for England Under-21s
England Under-21s forward Ravel Morrison

Ravel Morrison in action against Lithuania

Big Sam wants "man" Ravel to become regular matchwinner

West Ham boss Sam Allardyce believes he signed a boy in Ravel Morrison but that the midfielder will return to Old Trafford on Saturday as a man.

The 20-year-old was a product of United's fabled youth system but appeared just three times for the Red Devils before joining the Hammers in January 2012.

England U-21 international Morrison is West Ham's top goalscorer this season with five and Allardyce feels the player has developed so much that he will be completely different when he lines up against United for the first time on Saturday.

Ahead of Saturday afternoon’s Premier League meeting between the two sides, Allardyce said: "Sir Alex [Ferguson] let Ravel go for his own benefit.

"He said that if he comes down to you hopefully he will find a new life and a new way of living.

"His ability will then start to come through because all he asks and all he wants in his life is to play first-team football, that was all he said he wanted to do and why he wanted to leave.”

He added: "In actual fact he struggled to look like he was capable of playing football in the first team with us. That's why we sent him on loan to Birmingham and I thought since that year he's grown up.

"Somewhere along the line the lad has woken up and I think he's changed himself and delivered."

Morrison has been a shining light in West Ham’s season so far, but Allardyce is keen to keep him focused and unlock the match-winning potential as often as possible, with a warning that he should not try and steal the show against his former club.

Allardyce said: "The expectation becomes “will it come every single week" and that can't really happen at such a young age.

"It's nice if it does. We've got to manage the situation and just try and keep encouraging him.

"I think from our point of view, if he gets selected for Old Trafford on Saturday, that the real message from me to him would be to try and get a result as a team and play one of your top performances in a team situation when you would help to get us that result buy using your abilities in a team performance.

"When you've got his ability there is going to be the temptation to go out and show "look at me" I think and I have to try and guard and avoid that situation."

official site
Semi-final tickets on sale now
http://www.whufc.com/articles/20131220/ ... 84_3585276" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The moment that kept West Ham up

Football can be frustrating at times, you can get games where you team is the better side, but loses. There are many tales of ‘giant-killing’ in the cup competitions (Bradford City last year is a good example.)

However then there is the magic that makes you watch the game. The 16 passes that lead to a chance, the perfect through ball to a striker who nails it. There are times like on Wednesday where out of nowhere you snatch a win and it’s fantastic.

Living in Australia has many advantages and some disadvantages. I go to the beach on Christmas Day and get a tan, while you freeze to death. However I have to wake up at 2am in the morning to watch West Ham play, and I can’t go to games. Unless I am in England and one day I picked the perfect day to be there.

It was early May and I was on a trip around Europe, when I got an email from my friend. I had watched a few games of the ‘Great Escape’ and had high hopes leading into the final game. The email was my mate telling me he had a spare ticket and to ask if I wanted to come watch the game? Needless to say, I had already left for the airport before I even replied.

Anyone who remembers that game will know we needed a win to stay up. Anything else and we could have gone down. The maths involved were hurting everyones brain, but it was clear that win and we stayed up. ‘All’ we had to do was beat Manchester United at Old Trafford, simple.

It was a perfect day for me; I went for my morning run around Manchester. All my mates were having beers early, and the feeling grew that we could pull this off. At the game I walked in confident, copping abuse from all the United fans and them waving there Champions merchandise. I didn’t care it was our day I could feel it, I could taste it, I knew we would win. Then this happened!

It was brilliant to be there, to realise the dream that nine games ago we were down and out. but now, somehow, we were staying up! The 2006-07 season was bad at the start and the middle but in those last nine games we picked up 21 points and survived. This would go on to give hope to not only us but also other supporters of other clubs that will be in the zone the following years.

People ask what is your favourite moment in football? This is mine. Not because I saw it on the screen in a bar or at home because I was able to be part of the crowd and the celebrations that it entailed. I can remember hugging all my mates around me, singing all day, having an absolute ball.

This was one of two options I had to do this story on. I didn’t even bother to look at the other. Nothing brings back better memories or better times.

Trophy exit will not change Iron boss Devonshire's spending plans

BRAINTREE Town boss Alan Devonshire isn’t expecting his team’s FA Trophy exit to hit his New Year spending plans.

Devonshire has his sights set on several targets to bring in once the January transfer window opens next month and is hoping to bolster his squad as they continue pressing for a Skrill Premier play-off spot.

While the Iron boss won’t discuss specific targets until he lands them, he has confirmed that he is looking for a new striker following the departure of Liam Enver-Marum to Bishop’s Stortford two weeks ago.

And despite missing out on a £6,000 windfall when they lost 3-1 to Lincoln City in the second round of the FA Trophy last weekend, Devonshire is confident that missing out on prize money won’t hit his plans.

“I hope it won’t affect things,” he said. “We had a decent little run of games in the (FA) Cup, with the two Newport games, so we have made money.

“It shouldn’t make any difference and unless the board tell me differently I’ll move ahead on what I want to do.

“There will be one or two that I’ll hopefully bring in, but we’ll have to wait and see.”

Braintree head into today’s home league game against Macclesfield Town sitting eighth in the Skrill Premier table and two points off the play-off spots.

Devonshire said Sean Marks, Kenny Davis and Ryan Peters will all have their fitness tested ahead of the game.

Marks suffered a deep cut on his knee in the Lincoln game, while Davis has problems with his knee and ankle and Peters has a tight hamstring, with Devosnhire rating all three as 50/50 to feature at the weekend.

A good Christmas spell could strengthen their promotion position even further, however, chairman Lee Harding said fans wouldn’t see any recklessly spending during January.

He said: “You can always spend money you don’t have like some clubs have done, but we only spend what we have got.

“It doesn’t matter if we are chasing promotion or trying to avoid relegation, we won’t spend what he haven’t got.

“We won’t gamble the long-term future of the club on a scramble for the play-offs because we have our feet on the floor.

“I’m sure no-one wants us to gamble and what’s the point anyway of bringing in players who you can’t afford to pay come March.”

Juventus are keen to force through a deal to sign Manchester United winger Nani, 27.

Full story: Daily Express

Hull still want to sign West Brom striker Shane Long, 26, despite a move falling through on transfer deadline day in September.

Full story: Daily Mirror
Nani

Nani has made just eight league appearances for Manchester United under David Moyes

Everton will listen to offers for Croatia striker Nikica Jelavic, 28, and Netherlands defender Johnny Heitinga, 30, in January, in order to boost the World Cup chances for the pair.

Full story: Daily Star

Bolivian champions Bolivar are trying to tempt former Manchester United and England midfielder David Beckham, 38, out of retirement.

Sunderland manager Gus Poyet will look at Reading left-back Wayne Bridge's fitness before deciding whether to try to sign the 33-year-old who played under him at Brighton.

Full story: Daily Mail

Tottenham are poised to make a move for Roma defender Dodo, 21, when the transfer window re-opens next month.

Full story: Talksport

Stoke will finance a move for Hannover striker Mame Biram Diouf, 26, in the new year by granting Peter Crouch, 32, a transfer to QPR.

Manchester City will go head-to-head with Reading to sign highly-rated Malmo defender Miiko Albornoz, 23.

Full story: Sun (subscription required)
OTHER GOSSIP

Cardiff striker Craig Bellamy, 34, has made it clear he does not want to take the manager's job on a temporary basis if Malky Mackay leaves the club.

Full story: Guardian

Uefa has confirmed the qualifying process for Euro 2016, with one third-placed team in the group stages to qualify automatically.

Full story: ESPN

Newcastle defender Steven Taylor, 27, has vowed to fight for his place at the club after being blocked from moving out on loan

Full story: Sun (subscription required)

Former Manchester United assistant Carlos Queiroz, 60, has revealed he wants to become the new Tottenham manager.
Carlos Queiroz

Carlos Queiroz is currently manager of Iran

Full story: Metro

Aston Villa manager Paul Lambert, 44, insists his Christmas will not be ruined this year after his side conceded 15 goals in three festive games last season.

Goalkeeper Joe Hart, 26, will get his first Premier League appearance in eight weeks in Manchester City's game against Fulham.

Full story: Times (subscription required)

Barcelona star Lionel Messi has criticised a member of the club's board after suggesting that the 26-year-old Argentina striker does not deserve a new deal.

Full story: Daily Telegraph

Wales are set to play warm-up matches against Uruguay and Italy ahead of this summer's World Cup before both sides take on England in the tournament.

AND FINALLY

Manchester City's Spanish duo Jesus Navas, 28, and Alvaro Negredo, 28, struggled to sing a traditional Christmas song from their native country.

Full story: Metro

http://hannahsweden.free-porn-stop.com/ ... r-you1.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Happyhammer

Re: saturday's news 21st december includes west ham

Post by Happyhammer »

Morning CH and a Merry Christmas to you and all.
cockney hammer
Resident badge expert

Post by cockney hammer »

Happyhammer wrote:Morning CH and a Merry Christmas to you and all.

same to you mate off to see thge Councillor jenkinf now
Galwayman
Has liked: 4 likes
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by Galwayman »

Go raibh maith agat CH..... :thup:
EastLondonHammer

Post by EastLondonHammer »

Thanks CH.

:crest:
Happyhammer

Post by Happyhammer »

All the best with that one mate might be the start of a great new year for you and yours. Best of luck.

same to you mate off to see thge Councillor jenkinf now[/quote]
Moxy

Post by Moxy »

Cheers CH, good luck
hammer1975
Has liked: 933 likes
Total likes: 1088 likes

Post by hammer1975 »

Cheers CH and good luck
DaveWHU1964
Has liked: 1300 likes
Total likes: 676 likes

Post by DaveWHU1964 »

Top work as usual CH and best of luck with your meeting today mate :thup:
rciron
Has liked: 294 likes
Total likes: 16 likes

Post by rciron »

Cheers CH :thup:
Adie64
Has liked: 463 likes

Post by Adie64 »

Thanks CH, much appreciated. :thup: COYI
fjthegrey
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 1170 likes

Post by fjthegrey »

Cockers mate, 'babe' of the day is a man, with a penis.

Hope that helps.
The Old Man of Storr
Has liked: 2640 likes
Total likes: 1746 likes

Post by The Old Man of Storr »

Good luck , mate . :thup:
_fortunes_

Post by _fortunes_ »

Thanks CH

Best weekend wishes to you and your family and a pox on your neighbours. :thup:
rigoberts song
Has liked: 77 likes
Total likes: 331 likes

Post by rigoberts song »

Thanks Steve good luck at the council.
cockney hammer
Resident badge expert

Post by cockney hammer »

just got back from seeing jenkins he has said he is willing to help but there is not much he can do now till after the christmas break but he will get together all the information

another christnas is going to be ruined for us the noise this new bunch of scum is making is the wort we have had just banging on the ceiling all day long

feel so sorry for bobby as this s lot start at five in the morning i feel like i have let him down dreading christmas morning

any way that is it all up to date
Rasp
Has liked: 47 likes
Total likes: 50 likes

Post by Rasp »

John Hartson looking well on football focus.

All the best CH..
cockney hammer
Resident badge expert

Post by cockney hammer »

DAILY MAIL

Luis Suarez has pledged to fire Liverpool into the Champions League after signing a contract until 2018 that could net him £40million..

Cardiff City chairman Mehmet Dalman last night made a desperate late effort to persuade owner Vincent Tan to keep Malky Mackay as manager until the end of the season..

THE SUN

Malky Mackay is set to take charge of Cardiff for the final time today.

Ashley Cole has been dropped by Jose Mourinho again - after partying with title rivals Arsenal.
DAILY TELEGRAPH

Luis Suarez promised to remain at Liverpool 'for a very long time' after signing a contract extension worth £40million.

Malky Mackay will be sacked as the Cardiff manager this weekend, even if his side earn a surprise victory at Liverpool today.
THE GUARDIAN

Luis Suarez said his intention is to stay with Liverpool 'for a long time' after extending his contract until 2018 and becoming the highest-paid player in the club's history.

Malky Mackay is planning to take charge of Cardiff City's Premier League match at Liverpool today, when he will be a dead man walking.
THE TIMES

Luis Suarez targeted qualification for the Champions League and claimed he will be a Liverpool player 'for a long time' after signing a new four-and-a-half-year contract that makes him the highest-paid player in the club's history.

Craig Bellamy was last night offered the chance to take charge of Cardiff City, his boyhood club, while the board explore managerial candidates, including Sven-Goran Eriksson.
DAILY STAR

Malky Mackay will take charge of Cardiff against Liverpool today - and then be sacked.

Liverpool last night broke the bank by making Luis Suarez the highest-paid player in their history.
DAILY EXPRESS

Luis Suarez claimed he will be a Liverpool player for a 'long time' after a lucrative new contract immediately catapulted him among the Premier League's top earners.

Cardiff fans have accused Vincent Tan of running their club 'like a megalomaniac's toy' and warned he could have a riot on his hands over his treatment of manager Malky Mackay.
DAILY MIRROR

Liverpool have pushed Luis Suarez to the top of the Premier pay league with a £1million-a-month contract. :)

Ole Gunnar Solksjaer is locked in a managerial tug-of-war as Malky Mackay faces his last stand at Anfield today.
THE INDEPENDENT

As clubs become further removed than ever from their supporters, Cardiff supremo Vincent Tan is on the verge of firing his overachieving young manager Malky Mackay, to the disbelief and anger of all.

Luis Suarez has become the Premier League's third highest-paid player with a new four-year deal which will deliver him a bonus if the club achieve a top-four finish and further add-ons based on the number of goals he scores this season
cockney hammer
Resident badge expert

Post by cockney hammer »

Paper Talk - 21 December 2013
AC Milan could launch a January bid for Tim Krul, Bayer Leverkusen are keen on Kevin De Bruyne, and Stoke are back in for Mame Biram Diouf.

Malky Mackay is set to take charge of Cardiff for the final time today.
Chelsea defender Ashley Cole has been dropped by Jose Mourinho again after partying with title rivals Arsenal.
Roberto Martinez is set to let Nikica Jelavic and Johnny Heitinga leave Everton to keep alive their World Cup dreams.
Stoke are ready to sell Peter Crouch to fund a January move for their top target: Hannover striker Mame Biram Diouf.
AC Milan could swoop for Newcastle keeper Tim Krul next month in a bid to turn around their season.
Manchester City will go head to head with Reading for the signature of highly-rated Malmo defender Miiko Albornoz.

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is locked in a managerial tug-of-war as Malky Mackay faces his last stand at Anfield.
Liverpool have pushed Luis Suarez to the top of the Premier pay league with a £1million-a-month contract.
Celtic stars Georgios Samaras and Joe Ledley are preparing to leave the Scottish champions.
Fulham boss Rene Meulensteen has joined the race for Peruvian winger Paolo Hurtado.
Kevin De Bruyne's agent has discussed a possible £12.5m move to Bayer Leverkusen from Chelsea.

Cardiff City chairman Mehmet Dalman made a desperate late effort to persuade owner Vincent Tan to keep manager Malky Mackay until the end of the season.
Hull are eyeing a loan move for AC Milan starlet M'Baye Niang.
Liverpool and Fulham are keen on Preston

Luis Suarez claimed he will be a Liverpool player for a ''long time'' after a lucrative new contract immediately catapulted him among the Premier League's top earners.
Cardiff fans have accused Vincent Tan of running their club ''like a megalomaniac's toy'' and warned he could have a riot on his hands
SammyLeeWasOffside
Has liked: 290 likes
Total likes: 1020 likes

Post by SammyLeeWasOffside »

cockney hammer wrote:just got back from seeing jenkins he has said he is willing to help but there is not much he can do now till after the christmas break but he will get together all the information

another christnas is going to be ruined for us the noise this new bunch of scum is making is the wort we have had just banging on the ceiling all day long
Nothing is ever bloody quick with local authorities is it CH. Look on the bright side you are doing something about it (you can't let anyone down by doing your best mate) and with a bit of luck this will be the last christmas like this.

Keep your chin up and merry xmas to you and yours