saturday;s news 28th december includes the irons

An archive of Cockney Hammer's West Ham-related daily news digests from 2009-2015. For the latest daily digests, see the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

cockney hammer
Resident badge expert
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 143 likes

saturday;s news 28th december includes the irons

Post by cockney hammer »

a very happy birthday to my eldest son roy
who is 22 today have a fantastic day son

Released: Mladen Petric has left West Ham

West Ham release Croatian striker Mladen Petric after just three months

West Ham have released striker Mladen Petric.

The Croatian international, 32, made just three substitute appearances for the Hammers after signing on a free transfer in September.

The former Fulham player had agreed a one year deal at Upton Park but found it difficult to break into Sam Allardyce's starting XI.

In October, Petric had said: "I'm a striker.

"I want to play and I'm sure I'll get my time on the pitch."

Striking out: Petric wants Allardyce to name forwards in his team

West Ham's Mladen Petric calls for boss Sam Allardyce to re-introduce strikers to his lineup

West Ham United striker Mladen Petric does not want Sam Allardyce to play no forwards every week.

The West Ham boss masterminded a 3-0 win at Tottenham Hotspur without playing a recognised centre-forward his starting lineup.

But Petric, who has made three sub appearances since signing for the Upton Park club last month, told whufc,com: "I think it was a big surprise for Tottenham which is why we played so well and, of course, it is a good option to have for some games.

"On the other hand, I'm a striker. I want to play and I'm sure I'll get my time on the pitch.

"My fitness is much better than when I started three weeks ago. I saw a big difference between me and the other players and now I feel like every day that difference is getting smaller and smaller."

Following the international break, the Hammers host Manchester City on October 19.

Petric arrived on a free transfer towards the end of the summer window after £15m record-signing Andy Carroll was ruled out for several months with a heel injury.

Points needed: West Ham boss Sam Allardyce

West Ham boss Sam Allardyce admits relegation would be a disaster for the club

Sam Allardyce has banned the "R-word" after ­admitting going down would be a disaster for West Ham.

Hammers boss Allardyce confesses he is feeling the ­pressure more than ever because of the club's upcoming move to the Olympic Stadium in 2016.

Struggling Hammers have slipped into the relegation zone and face West Brom at Upton Park today, knowing defeat would be a hammer blow.

The heat is on, after just one win from 11 games, and Allardyce says the stakes have never been higher.

Allardyce said: "I think the outside world delivers that pressure about relegation threat, relegation zones, relegation teams, relegation this, relegation that.

"The R-word never stops when you're in the bottom three.

"You have to ignore it and keep focused on your own game, your own beliefs and keep doing the right thing by getting the basics right and giving everything you've got.

"We think about the new stadium as a business plan and as a basis of taking the club forward.

"I said that when we got back here, it is about trying to establish West Ham as a team that sustains its position in the Premier League when it gets to that stadium.

"From a financial point of view, we all know what a disaster it is not to be in the Premier League and it is a bigger disaster than ever before because the money has gone through the roof again, so that makes the pressure even greater.

"It means we've got to stay in this league."

West Ham are struggling for goals and their clash with West Brom is a "six- pointer", which Allardyce sees as a must-win game.

He added: "We've had a few six pointers already, so we have to make sure we get a result.

"It is critical for us to secure three points because, even with three points, that would be 17 points after 19 games, which is still not enough, but at least it is a start."

Ruled out: Collins is unlikely to play against West Brom

West Ham unlikely to have James Collins fit for West Brom clash as calf problem lingers

James Collins is expected to miss West Ham United's visit of West Bromwich Albion on Sunday.

The Wales defender picked up a calf injury in the 3-1 defeat to Arsenal on Boxing Day, and is unlikely to feature against the Baggies at Upton Park.

Stewart Downing, Ricardo Vaz Te and Winston Reid are all still sidelined for the Hammers, while Ravel Morrison is struggling with a groin issue.

Andy Carroll is nearing fitness as he continues his recovery from a heel injury but the England striker won't play against Keith Downing's side.

Provisional squad: Adrian, Jaaskelainen, McCartney, O'Brien, Chambers, Rat, Tomkins, Demel, Collison, Diarra, Taylor, Nolan, Noble, Diame, Jarvis, J Cole, C Cole, Maiga

Keep going: Carlton Cole and West Ham must beat their fears to stay afloat in the top flight
Rare joy: Modibo Maiga (centre) celebrates but has endured a torrid seasons so far
Big plans: Sam Allardyce wants West Ham to face their fears and then crack on with the season
Road to recovery: Andy Carroll's on the comeback trail but Big Sam will still have to buy

We must beat our fear of failure, insists Allardyce ahead of crunch West Brom clash

SSSSHHHH, don't mention the 'R-word'. It's the word that's scaring the Christmas joy out of everyone connected with West Ham. Guessed it yet?

'The "R-word" never stops when you're in the bottom three,' said manager Sam Allardyce.

'You have to ignore it and keep focused on your own game, your own beliefs and keep doing the right thing by getting the basics right.

'Does dropping into the bottom three create a psychological difficulty? It depends on how they (the players) listen to the outside the world.'

If you haven't figured it out the 'R-word' is: relegation. And it's terrifying the life out of the club.

The 3-1 loss against Arsenal on Boxing Day, coupled with wins for Fulham and Crystal Palace, saw the Hammers slump to second from bottom, just a point ahead of Sunderland.

'I think the outside world delivers the pressure about relegation threats, relegation zones, relegation teams, relegation this, relegation that,' insists Allardyce.

That maybe the case, but Allardyce knows his squad are failing to deal with that pressure right now.

But where has it all gone so wrong for a club that made such an impressive return to the Barclays Premier League last season?

It's a pretty simplistic argument, but you cannot begin to investigate the reasons behind the East Londoners' slump without looking at their paltry goal-tally.

The Hammers have scored 15 goals in 18 games this season, the fourth lowest in the top-flight.

The long-term foot injury sustained by club record signing Andy Carroll has contributed to their lack of goals.

Carlton Cole and Modibo Maiga have tried to fill Carroll's boots, but four goals between them all season merely underlines the point; while forward Mladen Petric, who only signed in September is set to leave next month as the club consider using a January release clause in his contract.

In fairness to Cole, he only re-signed for the Hammers in October and three goals in two Premier League starts should be enough to earn him an extension to his existing deal that expires next month.

Nevertheless, Carroll's return to fitness cannot come soon enough for Allardyce, who has even played without a recognised centre-forward in certain games this season.

The game against his former club Newcastle on January 18 is the latest match to be earmarked for Carroll's return.

But the England striker's absence is not the only reason behind West Ham's plight - far from it.

History tells us relegation-threatened teams live or die on their home form; the Hammers have won just twice in the league at Upton Park all season.

Likewise, six away goals - half of which came in their 3-0 demolition of Tottenham - October tells its own story.

Add all those ingredients and you've a recipe for 'disaster', particularly with that big move to the Olympic Stadium on the horizon.

'I don't think the new stadium creates a pressure on the players. I don't think the players think about that,' said the West Ham manager.

'We think about that as a business plan and as a basis of taking the club forward. I said that when we got back here, that it is about trying to establish West Ham as a team that is sustainable, sustains its position in the Premier League when it gets to that stadium.

'From a financial point of view, we all know what a disaster it is not to be in the Premier League and it is a bigger disaster than ever before because the money has gone through the roof again so that makes the pressure even greater than it was before.

'We've got all with that to cope with, or I have, and make sure the players continue to go out and give all that they've got.'

Allardyce's business in next month's transfer window will be pivotal in West Ham's battle to avoid the drop.

The Hammers boss wants to make four signings - a new striker being Allardyce's priority.

'If we have got two additions in January, my concern is to make sure they can hit the ground running,' said the former Bolton manager.

'It would help if they had Premier League experience, but you have to take the CV of a player if they are from abroad.

'Youri Djorkaeff kept me up at Bolton many, many years ago when I was in this position. He came in January kept us in the division with two or three games to go.

'A player with an impact like that, would be important not just for the team and the results but everybody at the club.'

Time to hit those January sales, Sam.

Assessment: James Collins will have a calf complaint Image
Fitness test: Irish striker Shane Long will be assessed before the game
West Ham have scored just 20% (3 of 15) of their goals in the first half of matches this season; a league-low.

WEST HAM v WEST BROM: All the latest team news and stats for crucial six-pointer

West Ham team news

James Collins will have a calf complaint assessed on Friday and looks unlikely to feature in West Ham's clash with West Brom.

The injury resulted in the Welsh centre-back being forced off in the first half of the Hammers' 3-1 Boxing Day defeat to Arsenal - a match Ravel Morrison missed through a groin issue.

Andy Carroll, Ricardo Vaz Te, Stewart Downing and Winston Reid remain sidelined, while Adrian will hope to remain in goal despite an unconvincing display against the Gunners.

Provisional squad: Adrian, Jaaskelainen, McCartney, O'Brien, Chambers, Rat, Tomkins, Demel, Collison, Diarra, Taylor, Nolan, Noble, Diame, Jarvis, J Cole, C Cole, Maiga.

West Brom team news

West Brom will give a fitness test to striker Shane Long, who is doubtful for Saturday's game at West Ham because of a calf injury.

Fellow striker Victor Anichebe (groin) is also a doubt for the match at Upton Park.

Caretaker manager Keith Downing will make changes to his line-up as the lunchtime kick-off comes less than 48 hours after the Baggies drew 1-1 at Tottenham.

Provisional squad: Foster, Myhill, Daniels, Jones, Ridgewell, Olsson, McAuley, Lugano, Brunt, Sessegnon, Amalfitano, Mulumbu, Berahino, Yacob, Anichebe, Vydra, Long, Anelka, Morrison, Popov, Dawson, Reid, Sinclair, Gera, Rosenberg.

Big match stats

West Ham have met West Brom five times at Upton Park in the Barclays Premier League, and 10 different managers have taken
charge.

West Bromwich Albion have only won one of their last nine Barclays Premier League meetings with West Ham United (D4 L4).

The Hammers have won just one point in their last five Premier League games (D1 L4).

West Ham have failed to find the net in nine Premier League matches this season (a joint-league high), and have scored just three goals in their last five games.

However, no side has kept more clean sheets than West Ham United in the Premier League this season (8).

These two sides have won the fewest points in the Premier League in December 2013 – West Brom (1), West Ham (2).

West Brom are on a run of eight Premier League games without a victory (D4 L4) – the longest such run in the competition currently.

The Baggies have won only three points in their last six Premier League away games (D3 L3), but one of these came in their meeting with Spurs on Boxing Day.

Carlton Cole has three goals this season in the Premier League - one more than in 27 appearances last season in the competition.

SEARCH: Allardyce is trying to find the player who could end up saving West Ham's season [

West Ham's Sam Allardyce looking for a hero

SAM ALLARDYCE wants a new version of Youri Djorkaeff to help him

The Hammers boss has told owners David Gold and David Sullivan he needs cash for a major January signing to make sure the club don’t sink back to the Championship.

They face relegation rivals West Brom at Upton Park today in what even he admits has become a must-win fixture in the battle for survival.

But Allardyce says the whole club will benefit from an injection of quality.

He wants to repeat the dream trick he performed a decade ago when he signed French superstar Djorkaeff to rescue Bolton in their first season after going up.

He said: “If we can have two additions in January, my concern is to make sure they are players who can hit the ground running, jump into the team and deliver from day one what we know has been delivered elsewhere.

“That is a massive task in this transfer window, but we have to try and achieve it.

“It would help if it was somebody with Premier League experience – a top, top player from abroad like a Djorkaeff. He kept me up at Bolton, came in and scored the goals we needed and we stayed up with two or three games to go.

“A player with an impact like that would be important, not just for the team and the results but for everybody at the club.”

“A player with an impact like that would be important, not just for the team and the results but for everybody at the club”
Sam Allardyce

West Ham’s search for a new striker will put a question mark over the long-term future of Carlton Cole, even though he scored against Arsenal in his first start and now has three league goals this term.

He signed a three-month contract in October and has yet to talk about whether he’ll be offered another one.

Cole refused to discuss his future, but said: “It doesn’t make much difference me scoring if we don’t win because that is what matters.

“There is another game coming up and that is the beauty of playing games close together – you can bounce straight back and not dwell on the last game.

“To face West Brom we need to really pull ourselves together and take the positives out of the performance against Arsenal.

“Our confidence isn’t low, but we just need to get the rub of the green.

‘‘We have some experienced players and we have got the grit that is needed in this situation – now we have to show it.”

Sam Allardyce tells West Ham to deliver ‘critical’ victory against West Bromwich Albion

Sam Allardyce, the West Ham United manager, knows that he must minimise the pressure on his players after they dropped into the bottom three of the Premier League on Boxing Day. Their first chance comes at lunchtime today at home to West Bromwich Albion, who are only three points better off.
Ads by Google

“The outside world delivers pressure about relegation threat, relegation zones, relegation this, relegation that,” he said. “We’ve had a few six-pointers already this season, so we have to make sure we end up with a result and a win if we possibly can to close the gap on the teams above us. It is critical for us because that would be 17 points after 19 games, which is still not enough but at least it is a start.”

Allardyce faces some added pressure from West Ham’s need to be in the top flight when they move into the Olympic Stadium in Stratford in 2016, but he doubts it is at the forefront of his players’ minds – and he wants to keep it that way. “We all know what a disaster it is not to be in the Premier League and it is a bigger disaster than ever before because the money has gone through the roof again,” he said. “We’ve all got that to cope with, or I have, and make sure the players continue to go out and give all that they’ve got and try to enjoy their football.”

The latest target date for the return of Andy Carroll is 18 January, when West Ham host Newcastle, but Allardyce still hopes to sign two players in the transfer window. Mladen Petric is being released to make space in the 25-man squad and the renewal of Carlton Cole’s short-term contract could also be affected. “If we have got two additions in January, my concern is to make sure they can hit the ground running. That is a massive, massive task in this window, but we have to try and achieve it.

“I can’t tell you when Andy Carroll will be back, I am not medically qualified, but there is no fear he won’t play again this season.”

Allardyce hopes to sign two players month transfer and hinted that he may look abroad. “It would help if they had Premier League experience, but you have to take the CV of a player if they are from abroad, if he is a top, top player in the countries he has played, like a Youri Djorkaeff. He kept me up at Bolton many, many years ago when I was in this position. A player with an impact like that would be important [for] everybody at the club.”

Sam Allardyce is seeking two new signings to have a similar impact that Youri Djorkaeff had for him at Bolton in 2001-02

Sam Allardyce wants two signings ready-made for relegation fight
• West Ham seek Premier League experience in January
• 'My concern is to make sure they can hit the ground running'

Sam Allardyce wants two new signings in January to make an immediate impact on West Ham United's increasingly fraught battle against relegation. The manager suggested that players with Premier League experience would be the priority but he would also welcome those with big reputations from overseas.

He remembers how the mid-season capture of Youri Djorkaeff had helped to save his Bolton Wanderers team in 2001-02 and he recognises that West Ham need a similar lift, be it from the transfer market or the treatment room.

The club, in the relegation places after Boxing Day's 3-1 home defeat by Arsenal, have suffered badly from injuries and Allardyce is particularly keen to see the record signing, Andy Carroll, play his first football of the season. The striker's comeback game from a foot problem could be against his former club, Newcastle United, on 18 January at Upton Park.

"If we have got two additions in January, my concern is to make sure they can hit the ground running … jump into the team and deliver what we know [they] have delivered elsewhere from day one," Allardyce said. "That is a massive, massive task in this window but we have to try and achieve it.

"It would help if they had Premier League experience but you have to take the CV of a player if they are from abroad … like a Djorkaeff. He kept me up at Bolton many, many years ago when I was in this position. A player with an impact like that would be important not just for the team and the results but for everybody at the club."

West Ham are to release Mladen Petric in January, even though he joined on a season-long contract only in September. The club have a get-out clause that they intend to activate as the striker has made little impact in his four substitute appearances. The future of another striker, Carlton Cole, whose short-term deal expires on 13 January, stands to be determined by whether Allardyce can add to the squad.

West Ham face West Bromwich Albion at home on Saturday lunchtime in a fixture that Allardyce has described as must-win. "We've had a few six-pointers already so we have to make sure that we end up with a win out of this game," he said.

"The outside world delivers that pressure about relegation threat, relegation zones, relegation teams, relegation this, relegation that. The R-word never stops when you're in the bottom three. But you have to ignore it and keep focused on your own game. In the end, with our injured players back … that will be good enough for us.

"From a financial point of view, we all know what a disaster it is not to be in the Premier League and it is a bigger disaster than ever before because the money has gone through the roof again, so that makes the pressure even greater. We've all got to cope with that."

Plugging the gap: Carlton Cole has been re-signed by West Ham to help solve their striker crisis

West Ham manager Sam Allardyce says relegation would be a disaster for the club

Wearing a West Ham United Santa hat and perched on a gold throne, David Sullivan delivered his own Christmas message to supporters on the big screens at Upton Park.

Looking back over 2013 ahead of the Boxing Day defeat against Arsenal, he highlighted the award of the Olympic Stadium as one of the major successes of the year.

“I think it will change the future of the club and increase our fan-base by hundreds of thousands of supporters,” Sullivan said. “Securing our position as anchor tenant was the most important thing that has happened to West Ham this year and, possibly, ever in its history.

“The stadium will attract better players. If we’re perceived as a big club with a great stadium in the heart of London, a lot of foreign players who might not have come to us will be attracted to come to West Ham. We’re very confident that when we get to the stadium, we’ll have a better team than we have now.”

Of course, those heady predictions are based on West Ham entertaining Manchester United, Manchester City, Tottenham Hotspur, Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool in the home they move into in 2016.

In demand: Ravel Morrison has attracted the interest of all of the top clubs after emerging as one of the country’s best young talents, and seemingly improving his behaviour

West Ham face losing Ravel Morrison over extraordinary clause for concern

West Ham United fear being faced with a D-Day scenario over the future of Ravel Morrison in January because of an extraordinary clause in his contract.

Morrison’s £18 million release clause has already been made public, but there is a second clause about which the relegation-threatened Hammers are far more nervous.

West Ham have to quadruple Morrison’s wages to keep him at the club if they receive a £10 million offer for the midfielder.

Morrison earns around £15,000 a week and the clause states that he will be entitled to a pay rise to £60,000 a week if West Ham receive a £10 million bid and want to keep him.

With the Hammers’ Premier League status far from secure, it is unlikely that co-owners David Sullivan and David Gold would be able to afford to give Morrison such a big pay rise and turn down a £10 million offer.

Lose to West Brom and Big Sam is gone?

West BromAfter a Boxing Day battering at the hands of Arsenal, Sam Allardyce and his not so merry men will want to get their Christmas schedule back on track with a win over West Bromwich Albion on Saturday.

This clash will, of course, be billed as a ‘must win’ and rightly so after Thursday’s defeat the Hammers dropped to 19th place just a point from being rock bottom.

Allardyce will be starting to feel as if the world is on his shoulders as the pressure on him mounts up; his side just simply haven’t performed in front of goal this season. Thursday’s game only echoed that point further, at 1-0; Matt Jarvis, Joey O’Brien and Carlton Cole had the chance to double the Irons lead. They missed them all and were punished by the in truth dominant Arsenal side.

It is something Allardyce and his coaching staff will want his side to rectify on Saturday. They meet a West Brom side who are led by caretaker manager Keith Downing, after a slide in result saw former Hammers assistant Steve Clarke get the boot in surprising fashion.

One thing Allardyce has received criticism for this season is his constant tinkering with the side and it remains to be seen if he will again on Saturday. With James Collins seemingly set to miss the clash, a change in the back four is a necessity with George McCartney set to step into the centre after impressing in recent weeks there.

Then there is the great goalkeeper debate, stopper Adrain may have made some impressive stops in recent weeks but his error for the first Arsenal goal may mean Allardyce goes with the experience of Jussi Jaaskelainen in this must win encounter.

It would be harsh on the Spaniard who Allardyce threw into the deep end with his three clashes so far in the green of West Ham apart from earlier cup clashes, have been Spurs away, Manchester United away and Arsenal at home, dropping him now would shatter his confidence once and for all.

With Ravel Morrison still potentially missing having picked up a slight groin strain the Hammers will have to rely on Mark Noble and Matthew Jarvis to inject that little bit of flair into West Ham’s play and the Irons will have to play at a similar tempo as they did at the start of the second half against the Gunners to put heavy pressure on the Baggies.

Although, Thursday’s performance was heartening, with the players showing fight and effort right up until 3-1 where their heads dropped slightly. Allardyce will have been pleased with his team’s performance after witnessing poor displays against Sunderland and Manchester United in recent weeks.

Sam Allardyce told WHUFC.com, before Saturday’s game about the importance of this clash.

He said: “Every game is important to us, and it will be the same for West Brom. We have played 18 games and taken 14 points, so we have to get out of the position we are in and not let that gap between games played and points get any bigger.”

For West Brom, this game is simply a must not lose, a point wouldn’t be a bad result for the Baggies as it means the Hammers can’t gain any ground on them, as they’ve faced to tricky trips to London in two days following their impressive 1-1 draw at White Hart Lane on Thursday.

If they could win the game however they will see their Christmas day schedule as a job well done collecting four points from two away games would represent a fantastic return for Downing and his men.

They will aim to attack the weakened West Ham backline with makeshift centre back George McCartney set to deputise for the injured James Collins, the likes of Shane Long, Morgan Amalfitano and Matej Vydra will look to make the most of the unfamiliar centre back pairing.

The Baggies have arguably been better away from home this season, collecting wins at Old Trafford, and very respectable points at Stamford Bridge and White Hart Lane, so they will travel to Upton Park with no fear whatsoever; with the struggling Hammers looking to collect just their third home win of the campaign.

With the club still yet to appoint a new man, Baggies midfielder Zoltan Gera has called on his side to be professional ahead of the clash:

“We don’t need to think about new coaches, we just need to be professional and do our best.” He told the West Brom official site.

It’s a must win game for the Hammers and Big Sam normally steps up when it matters, and with the pressure mounting this is arguably the biggest game in his West Ham career as defeat here will see the fans firmly turn on him at full time.

Team News:

West Ham United: West Ham defender James Collins is unlikely to feature after being forced off with a calf injury in the Boxing Day defeat by Arsenal.

Ravel Morrison is also set to miss out again with a groin injury, while manager Sam Allardyce may recall goalkeeper Jussi Jaaskelainen.

West Brom: West Brom’s Shane Long faces a fitness test on the calf injury that caused him to miss the match with Tottenham. Fellow striker Victor Anichebe is also a doubt with a groin problem.

Travel News: We look okay for a change if you’re travelling from Waterloo. There are also no problems on the Hammersmith and City line so fans travelling from Kings Cross should be fine too. (Blimey!)

Bowdenwhu Predicts: West Ham United 1-1 West Brom (and loud boos at full time, and Malky Mackay to be approached)

Come on You Irons!

Three Points Please!

Tottenham's record £30m signing Erik Lamela, 21, wants to go out on loan with Inter Milan and Atletico Madrid keen on taking the Argentine winger.

Daily Mirror

Valencia are set to make a January move to prise Bosnia forward Edin Dzeko, 27, away from Manchester City.

Daily Mail

Juventus are poised to battle Premier League clubs Manchester United, Tottenham and Arsenal to sign Real Madrid's Argentine winger Angel Di Maria, 25, next summer .
Talksport

Crystal Palace boss Tony Pulis will be given funds to land Celtic midfielder Joe Ledley, 26, and Lyon's 28-year-old forward Bafetimbi Gomis when the window opens.

Daily Mirror

Wolfsburg midfielder Luiz Gustavo, 26, is open to a move away from the Bundesliga club with Barcelona set to challenge Arsenal and Tottenham for the Brazilian's signature.
Daily Express

Chelsea are ready to give Napoli a quick profit by signing 26-year-old Argentine striker Gonzalo Higuain, who only joined the Serie A side in the summer.

Daily Star

West Ham have released Croatian striker Mladen Petric, 32, after just three months and three substitute appearances since his signing on a free transfer from Fulham in the summer.

Daily Mirror

Fulham and West Ham face competition from Spanish side Real Betis to sign Algeria international striker Ishak Belfodil, 21, from Inter Milan.

Talksport

Arsenal are ready to offer £12m for QPR's French striker Loic Remy, 26, who has been impressive during his season-long loan to Newcastle.
Caughtoffside

Cardiff are confident of appointing ex-Manchester United striker Ole Gunnar Solskjaer as their new manager after Malky Mackay was sacked by owner Vincent Tan.

The Times (subscription required)

But retired Norway striker Jan Aage Fjortoft says former international team-mate and Molde boss Solskjaer will not take over at the Welsh club.
Talksport

West Bromwich Albion could make Mackay their next head coach, after former Real Betis manager Pepe Mel turned down the chance to succeed Steve Clarke at the Hawthorns.

Daily Express

Defender Pablo Zabaleta, 28, believes Manchester City can become the first Premier League side to win all their home games in a season.

Manchester Evening News

Aston Villa manager Paul Lambert is under increasing pressure but retains the full support of club owner Randy Lerner and will be given money to spend in January.
Daily Telegraph

Former Tottenham boss Andre Villas-Boas will take a six-month sabbatical before seeking a new job in football but has hinted that his next post will be away from England.

Daily Mirror

Liverpool plan a minute's silence in tribute of former striker Wayne Harrison ahead of their FA Cup tie with Oldham Athletic in January. Harrison, once the world's most expensive teenage footballer, died on Christmas Day aged 46 due to pancreatic problems.
Daily Telegraph

Former Manchester United boss and film buff Sir Alex Ferguson has organised a trip to the Oscars in March as a Christmas gift for his wife Cathy.

The Sun (subscription required)

Last edited by cockney hammer on Sat Dec 28, 2013 10:17 am, edited 3 times in total.
Happyhammer

Re: saturday;s news 28th december includes the irons

Post by Happyhammer »

Morning CH bright and fresh as well, just a result to make it perfect.
prophet:marginal
Has liked: 836 likes
Total likes: 1980 likes

Post by prophet:marginal »

Lets hope that jogging Petric on after a few months means that we might extend Carltinho's contract in his place. What a waste of money Petric was!

Big match today - shame that Ginger Pele is missing.

Thanks, as ever, CH :thup:
cockney hammer
Resident badge expert

Post by cockney hammer »

Happyhammer wrote:Morning CH bright and fresh as well, just a result to make it perfect.

babe of the day not working as a link?cam someone tell me what shockwave flash is busy stops woking i nearly lost all of the gossip it is getting on my tits
ereford ammer
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by ereford ammer »

many thanks CH lets hope for a good result today. :thup:
PrawnSandwich

Post by PrawnSandwich »

Thanks CH.
Feels like crunch time today.
COYI
cockney hammer
Resident badge expert

Post by cockney hammer »

just tried a new babe of the day and it still will not work
rciron
Has liked: 294 likes
Total likes: 16 likes

Post by rciron »

Cheers CH :thup:
rciron
Has liked: 294 likes
Total likes: 16 likes

Post by rciron »

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ROY! Mine as well today, will raise a glass for you later, a win-win situation today, either we win, or we lose and St Bernard gets the tin-tack
EastLondonHammer

Post by EastLondonHammer »

Thanks CH.

:crest:
kayahammer
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by kayahammer »

NIce lot to read there CH. Thanks mate.

BOTD is just standing there tits out, link or no link :thup:

and a right cracker.
Happyhammer

Post by Happyhammer »

CH I just copied the link put it in search and up they popped. It's a solution at least.
cockney hammer
Resident badge expert

Post by cockney hammer »

Happyhammer wrote:CH I just copied the link put it in search and up they popped. It's a solution at least.

thanks for that mate
cockney hammer
Resident badge expert

Post by cockney hammer »

rciron wrote:HAPPY BIRTHDAY ROY! Mine as well today, will raise a glass for you later, a win-win situation today, either we win, or we lose and St Bernard gets the tin-tack

happy birthday mate :raver:
Metal Hammer
Has liked: 1151 likes
Total likes: 899 likes

Post by Metal Hammer »

Nice boobs but you may want to remove that CH as its visible on this page.
cockney hammer
Resident badge expert

Post by cockney hammer »

can any one help me with this shock wave player it keeps crashing all i have had all christmas is noise noise noise it is driving me suicidal
Korea Hammer
Has liked: 1315 likes
Total likes: 765 likes

Post by Korea Hammer »

cockney hammer wrote:can any one help me with this shock wave player it keeps crashing all i have had all christmas is noise noise noise it is driving me suicidal
if you are using chrome (as opposed to internet explorer, firefox etc) then you can type chrome:plugins into the address bar and then you'll see a list of plugins. Find the one called shockwave/adobe something and click disable. That will stop it crashing and freezing your computer for ages. It will also prevent you from watching a lot of video content on your computer, but you can always do the same thing and reverse it by clicking enable any time you like.

There may be a better long term solution though.

And this only works if your browser is chrome

sorry to hear the noise is bad mate - hope the irons sort it out for you today :crest:
hammer1975
Has liked: 933 likes
Total likes: 1088 likes

Post by hammer1975 »

Happy birthday to Roy

Cheers CH

:crest:
cockney hammer
Resident badge expert

Post by cockney hammer »

thanks mate i am using firefox i will have to show it to chas when he gets in he has just gone to work so will not be back until l tonight

this has been the worst christmas ever just can not wait to go back to work to get away from it truly gone past had enough now got my mp3 on but you can still here the noise

thanks for your he;p
chappo59
Location: In a land far far away where away defeats are frowned upon
Has liked: 359 likes
Total likes: 210 likes

Post by chappo59 »

Cheers CH happy birthday Roy