So own up then, who was consulted ?

An archive of news, events and discussion leading up to and post West Ham United's historic move from Upton Park to Stratford in 2016.

Moderators: Gnome, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

the pink palermo
Huge noggin
Has liked: 759 likes
Total likes: 2939 likes

Re: So own up then, who was consulted ?

Post by the pink palermo »

Edit .
Last edited by the pink palermo on Tue Mar 27, 2012 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Valley Hammer

Post by Valley Hammer »

According to Levy 90 per cent of Spurs fans wanted to move to the OS. Maybe it was the same consultation as we had.
mywhufc

Post by mywhufc »

As one of the 2.5 listed can I point out when I sat down with Ian tompkins there were 4 of us in the room so really you should show 5.5. But only 1 of them posts on kumb so it could be 3.5
the pink palermo
Huge noggin

Edit .
Last edited by the pink palermo on Tue Mar 27, 2012 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dapablo
Sourpuss, grumpy face

Post by dapablo »

dapablo wrote:Is it really relevant anyway ?

If he didn't actualy consult more than a couple of fans so was over egging the pudding for media speak, so what.
EvilC
Location: In the street as the cold wind blows, in the ghetto...
Has liked: 2627 likes
Total likes: 1178 likes

Post by EvilC »

Mywhufc - did Ian give any indication when plans were going to be announce after the decision was made?
mywhufc

Post by mywhufc »

When people tell porkies, it makes you wonder when they really tell the truth, if they are telling the truth. We all know there are not 17,000 waiting for a season ticket. We know they haven't consulted fans , so when they say they are looming at seats over the track can we believe them
mywhufc

Post by mywhufc »

EvilC wrote:Mywhufc - did Ian give any indication when plans were going to be announce after the decision was made?
He said that once they get preferred bidder then they will look to draw up detail plans. He also said that it's not set in stone that they will take it i.e if it looks as being too expensive to convert they could refuse the stadium. I dont cling to that hope though. I hope to meet with him this week or next week . I will ask that question
EvilC
Location: In the street as the cold wind blows, in the ghetto...
Has liked: 2627 likes
Total likes: 1178 likes

Post by EvilC »

Thank you and good luck with the meeting.
ludo22
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 125 likes

Post by ludo22 »

I was consulted and so was my wife.Welease Woger.
the pink palermo
Huge noggin

Edit .
Last edited by the pink palermo on Tue Mar 27, 2012 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pop Robson
Has liked: 34 likes
Total likes: 15 likes

Post by Pop Robson »

the pink palermo wrote:Still 5.5 then ?
Looks that way

Consultation

Supporter consultation with regards to the move is already under way. Club representatives have already met/spoken with a number of supporters since West Ham's move was given the green light a fortnight ago.
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place
Has liked: 748 likes
Total likes: 3446 likes

Post by Up the Junction »

Dieter Eckstein wrote:I've got to say that if I was a neutral, just turning on the news and reading the papers, I would have no idea that there was a great deal of opposition to the Olympic move from West Ham fans.
I spoke to Sky several months ago about doing a piece on the opposition to the move. They weren't interested.
Wembley1966
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 124 likes

Post by Wembley1966 »

Email just sent out from the club:
Last week's momentous decision by the Olympic Park Legacy Company to recommend us as preferred bidder marks just the start of what will be a hugely significant period in the club’s history. We know you will have hundreds of questions and we hope to answer some of those initial questions right away. Please click on the link below to find out more about what happens next and to have your most common questions answered:

OLYMPIC STADIUM - WHAT HAPPENS NEXT/ MY QUESTIONS ANSWERED
http://www.whufc.com/page/Olympics/0,,1 ... 67,00.html

As the section above describes in greater detail there have been restrictions on what we have been able to share with you up until this point. Rest assured, we will be stepping up our consultation with you - when we have the opportunity to do so under the OPLC process. That said until now we have been regularly updating people and asking for fan feedback via articles on whufc.com, emails to supporters and the matchday programme – and we are grateful to everyone who has responded.

Thousands of replies have been received to date - especially through our dedicated email address at olympicproject@westhamunited.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. This address was set up exclusively for fans who wanted to engage more fully with the process and we have been consulting regularly with hundreds of supporters who have connected with us via this route.

You can be confident that we have taken every single comment on board but we look forward to receiving many more in the weeks and months to come. This address remains open so please do contact us directly if you want to discuss the issues surrounding the Stadium move in more depth.

The next steps after mayoral and Government ratification of the OPLC decision include our intention to start supporter tours and also revealing more details behind our bid. A summary of our bid can be accessed with more background information via the FAQ's section however you can also view our summary document by clicking http://www.whufc.com/staticFiles/e6/6c/ ... 950,00.pdf. We will also look to stage fan forums in the very near future and are due to implement the planned supporter advisory board that will truly give an extra voice in the key decisions affecting the club.

This will be an independent body with a direct voice to influence and suggest on key areas such as the stadium move, kit design and all fan-based issues. You can email supporterpanel@westhamunited.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; to find out more.

Rest assured, as a club run by fans for fans, we know we have access to the best possible focus group in the dialogue we are able to have with you and all of our decisions will be guided by you. Please contact the club at any time should you want further information. We also appreciate that the Olympic Stadium is not the only matter occupying you and these issues will also be addressed via the consultation panel. In respect of the Stadium Season Ticket holders and members can also expect to receive a full information pack in the coming weeks once we move to the next stage.
mywhufc

Post by mywhufc »

Up the Junction wrote:I spoke to Sky several months ago about doing a piece on the opposition to the move. They weren't interested.
i tried but press were not interested, only the recorder spoke to me after i emailed in complaining that i had no response from them and that they advertised spurs fans petition against their move and had ignored mine.
sky interviewed me outside the ground took about 15 mins they used about 15 seconds, then so many west ham supporting journalists were pro move, the worse in my book being the clubs personal spokesman and supposedly journalist, the moose. the way he trotted out the clubs facts on consultation the supposed 17,000 waiting list pissed me right off. i thought journalists were supposed to investigate both sides of the story
Westbourne Bill
Has liked: 129 likes
Total likes: 329 likes

Post by Westbourne Bill »

To be honest, whether we were consulted or not I'm pretty certain now it would have made no difference.

The owners would have been aware of the misgivings, and until Spurs interest, the majority being opposed to the move because of the track. Why else would they have needed to quote Tony Carr and PDC saying a stadium with a running track would be fine?
It was a case of paying lip-service to the fans prior to winning the bid, and possibly only marginally more interest in their views now I suspect. So it will be white seats, temporary seating only behind the goals, toilets, big screens so that we can see what's happening and......... er, that's it I reckon.

They see a gold-mine and they've got their shovels.
the pink palermo
Huge noggin

Edit .
Last edited by the pink palermo on Tue Mar 27, 2012 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RichieRiv
Has liked: 307 likes
Total likes: 803 likes

Post by RichieRiv »

Reckon the media are waiting for something a bit more juicy....for example maybe a few brown envelopes flying about.
the pink palermo
Huge noggin

Edit .
Last edited by the pink palermo on Tue Mar 27, 2012 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Arch Dandy
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 50 likes

Post by Arch Dandy »

I thought they couldn't run official consultation until the deal had been rubber stamped by the Government, which still hasn't happened. So you're unlikely to see any change in the numbers till then pink palermo.