So own up then, who was consulted ?

An archive of news, events and discussion leading up to and post West Ham United's historic move from Upton Park to Stratford in 2016.

Moderators: Gnome, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Iron Spine v2.0
Location: You don't wanna go and eat a snack like that! You'll end up with your teeth all grey,

Re: So own up then, who was consulted ?

Post by Iron Spine v2.0 »

I wasn't. :(
EvilC
Location: In the street as the cold wind blows, in the ghetto...
Has liked: 2627 likes
Total likes: 1178 likes

Post by EvilC »

the pink palermo wrote:Ah, Ian "we're not going to please everyone "Tompkins .

Not too sure that counts as his line was basically" we're going , what else do you need to know ?"

Had you spoken 2 or 3 times, that would have been a consultation .....of sorts .

I'll give it a half .

So, after nearly 1100 views we hit 2.5

And for the person who raised the point they will have issued a questionnaire, thats my point : I can find no evidence of one .Nothing .No significant information with regards configuration on either the website or the matchday programme .

The faith one or two people seem to be expressing that everything will be alright , this will be knocked down , that will be built is remarkable .

Still, 2.5
From what I can recall, the message was:
- Bear with us.
- Nothing is set in stone.
- We're playing our cards close to our chest due to Spurs.

So we'll get a stadium tour soon and they will reveal their plans, people will ask for a load of changes in order to make the experience there passable, and they'll respond with "that's too expensive/we can't do that due to the terms of the lease" and go ahead with what they had planned.
Hambrosia Stu

Post by Hambrosia Stu »

richneal wrote:So I guess it all boils down to how you define 'consulted' . . . No doubt G&S have hired their team of spin doctors and PR consultants to give us an Orwellian re-definition of the word that is consistent with their plans to move to the OS . . .
Exactly right, imo

In much the same way that Tesco "consult" local residents when applying for planning permission for a new store.
As part of the deal for opening in my village, they were supposed to have consulted the local community. I've yet to meet a single resident who was, yet when pressed Tesco manage to find a few very supportive local businessmen and the like who claim they were consulted......

They only "consult" with people they know will provide the views they want to hear
JonG86
Has liked: 11 likes
Total likes: 77 likes

Post by JonG86 »

Why do you keep mentioning views PP?

I've viewed this thread several times and each one counts as a unique view...

You'd be better off counting how many people have actually voted (which isn't that many, so I guess it doesn't suit your survey).

As per UTJ guesstimate, West Ham have a total following of 99'000 (roughly), putting KUMB at 1.5% representation of West Ham fans.

So 2.5 means we are still over represented according to Pink Palermos (flawed) survey.
Richard WHUFC

Post by Richard WHUFC »

Bearing in mind those people actually contacted the club and that you are more likely to get more fanatical supporters on here who would contact the club how do you manage to make it that 2.5 people being 'consulted' or in this case 'listened to and ignored' as over represented?
Row X
Has liked: 9 likes
Total likes: 34 likes

Post by Row X »

I was not consulted.

I don't think they would have liked to hear my views, as I think as soon as we move and they sell off our home for flats they will do a runner with the money. :thdn:
QuintonNimoy

Post by QuintonNimoy »

richneal wrote:So I guess it all boils down to how you define 'consulted' . . . No doubt G&S have hired their team of spin doctors and PR consultants to give us an Orwellian re-definition of the word that is consistent with their plans to move to the OS . . .
It'll be double plus good.
steptoe61

Post by steptoe61 »

Listen ....there were no ****ing protests inside or outside the ground unlike the infamous bond scheme so dont start ****ing whinging now you havent got your own way........tough sh*t
Yea Why Not
Location: Chips & Gravy you say? Well you can shove that up your ass

Post by Yea Why Not »

G&S are both West Ham fans, maybe they just consulted eachother. Strictly speaking what they have said wouldn't then be a lie

:P
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado
Has liked: 1904 likes
Total likes: 1612 likes

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

Ted

Blame KUMB and their failure to allow you to change your e mail address. Your chance is gone.

Not every company talks to it's customers about what they want. Then again most companies don't issue a 10 point plan where they actually list one of those points as doing so.

The words, petard by own hoisted one's springs to mind.
AlfieG
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 4 likes

Post by AlfieG »

Lets see shall we.... KB says today.

"To West Ham supporters, I look forward to extending our consultation process - now that we have the mandate from the OPLC to do so - and I guarantee their views will continue to be heard. We simply cannot wait to show them around this impressive and intimate stadium so they can truly experience the awe and excitement that all who visit are compelled to feel.

"The club is run by supporters and today is another great day in our proud history. This will be your stadium and an atmospheric home for generations to come. Our vision is to move forward always with an eye on the past. We have been granted a once in a lifetime opportunity to grow our club in a way its huge fan base deserves and to really give something back to the community of which it is such an intrinsic part.

"The nation has kept its promise and we'll keep ours. I promise.''
Richard WHUFC

Post by Richard WHUFC »

except for we where screaming for West Ham at the Boleyn back when they where cheering on Birmingham
Richard WHUFC

Post by Richard WHUFC »

steptoe61 wrote:Listen ....there were no ****ing protests inside or outside the ground unlike the infamous bond scheme so dont start ****ing whinging now you havent got your own way........tough sh*t
Yeah no one has said anything before now Headbanger
freddies shears

Post by freddies shears »

Brady and the Daves said that the fans have been kept upto date through out the whole process so i guess i must of forgot them asking for my opinion. They wouldnt lie it must be my mamory ( deliberate spelling mistake )
Harlow Hammer
Has liked: 2 likes
Total likes: 81 likes

Post by Harlow Hammer »

I don't really care if I was consultated or not. They were going to move if we won the bid regardless of anyone like me wanted to protest.

Change happens, deal with it. never know it might be a good thing. Wait until you see what changes they are going to make.

I'm sure if those people who said they won't go to the new stadium will want to come back if we start getting successful on the pitch. If you give up your ST for the reason of the move and then can't get one when it start going well, tough sh1tin my opion.

Will support West Ham if they played on Wanstead Flats!

can't really see the point of Orient and Spurs taking legal action. They both had the chance along with West Ham to provide suitable bids (in Orients case they never did), they got rejected. Move on.

No point whinging about it cis the lost out, should have made a better bid in my opion.

I can see it now. First game of the 2014 season, West Ham V Spurs at the Olympic Stadium (assuming we are in the same league by then). Probably still get 10sec on MOTD though
EvilC

Post by EvilC »

steptoe61 wrote:Listen ....there were no ****ing protests inside or outside the ground unlike the infamous bond scheme so dont start ****ing whinging now you havent got your own way........tough sh*t
So unless people take to the streets the club should just do what it likes?
Dieter Eckstein
Has liked: 149 likes
Total likes: 283 likes

Post by Dieter Eckstein »

Have the club quoted a figure that we're looking to verify based on the sample of answers given in this thread?

I'm not trying to pick holes. Just wondered what level you'd consider to be acceptable for the owners to state that they had consulted fans.
steptoe61

Post by steptoe61 »

Frankly.... yes, if nobody organises a full on proper protest the club will never listen,typing on a ****ing keyboard wont do **** all will it.
EvilC

Post by EvilC »

steptoe61 wrote:Frankly.... yes, if nobody organises a full on proper protest the club will never listen,typing on a ****ing keyboard wont do **** all will it.
Evidently not. The club has had ample opportunity to consult people on the move, they chose not to. In summary, I disagree.
BSB1

Post by BSB1 »

EvilC wrote:
So unless people take to the streets the club should just do what it likes?
They'll do what they like regardless. The fact is that sp*rs managed a protest turn out while we just moaned to each other in the pub and on forums like this. That to me suggests that the majority are in favour or nonplussed what happens.