So own up then, who was consulted ?

An archive of news, events and discussion leading up to and post West Ham United's historic move from Upton Park to Stratford in 2016.

Moderators: Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks, Gnome

Pop Robson
Has liked: 34 likes
Total likes: 16 likes

Re: So own up then, who was consulted ?

Post by Pop Robson »

the pink palermo wrote:The supporters panel was mentioned in Sullivans programme notes a few months back .

I wrote in the same day .

No response .
That was in my WHU Xmas card too, supporterpanel@westhamunited.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Looking forward to hearing back :asleep:
Doc H Ball
Has liked: 914 likes
Total likes: 1902 likes

Post by Doc H Ball »

It would be good if someone from KUMB could be proposed as a representative on this panel. Someone posters could agree reflects our general opinion, if such a thing exists...
Pop Robson

Post by Pop Robson »

Didn't Brady say the consultation starts now a few weeks ago when the OS decision was announced or did she mean 'now' as it's been rubber stamped by Boris.
Hammer110

Post by Hammer110 »

Pop Robson wrote:Didn't Brady say the consultation starts now a few weeks ago when the OS decision was announced or did she mean 'now' as it's been rubber stamped by Boris.
Well if it was me it would be when the lease is actually signed sealed and delivered, which could be another month or two yet.
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado
Has liked: 1887 likes
Total likes: 1599 likes

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

And if it was me, I wouldn't give a rat's arse WHAT you think....

:lol:
hadleighhammer
Gentrified
Location: On my computer trying to keep up with the Sky fixture changes
Has liked: 11 likes
Total likes: 8 likes

Post by hadleighhammer »

Hammer110 wrote: Well if it was me it would be when the lease is actually signed sealed and delivered, which could be another month or two yet.
That lease agreement would contain most of the relevant provisos we would be concerned about it. Surely far too late for any meaningful consultation then? What would you expect not to be included in that lease agreement we could be meaningfully consulted on?

Personally I think we'll get to name a few of the bars and that'll be it.
the pink palermo
Huge noggin
Has liked: 746 likes
Total likes: 2903 likes

Post by the pink palermo »

Edit .
Last edited by the pink palermo on Tue Mar 27, 2012 1:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
mywhufc

Post by mywhufc »

More consultation before the game tomorrow. Mr I.T and I will consult. Any thing interesting i will pass on
mywhufc

Post by mywhufc »

mywhufc wrote:More consultation before the game tomorrow. Mr I.T and I will consult. Any thing interesting i will pass on
spoke to I.T today and to be brief ,
no temporary seating at all.....retractable seating still being looked at,
olympic plan roadshow hopes to be on the road by april he also said if there are groups of fans, (small or large) that meet in a regular place the club would be willing to go to them,
more consultation with the fans should be starting soon
barring a miraculous change of heart/act of god ( my words i used) even though we are still only negotiating we will take the stadium but it could take up to year before final plans are known. building work in stadium will prob start in the november of 2012.
all money from the sale of boleyn ground will be put into the stadium pot, how much its worth he couldn't answer baring in mind that the stadium would have to be totally demolished if shops or housing or offices are going on there.
Fans panel information should be on O/S this week.
if i remember anything else ill whack down here :crest:
paulhs1
Has liked: 1726 likes
Total likes: 1480 likes

Post by paulhs1 »

Below is an extract from part 5 of Ian Dales interview with David Sullivan;

Ian Dale: Have you been surprised at the reaction of fans to the Olympic Stadium? It is quite split, but you might have expected it to be 90-10 against, but it has been more like 50-50, but I think opinion is now shifting away from it.
David Sullivan: When we did an opinion poll we got 87% in favour. But it’s the one area… I’m going to have another look at it myself and see what can be done, but I think I have said all I can say for now.

So hands up who took part in this opintiuon poll where 87% were previously in favour of the move?
Pop Robson

Post by Pop Robson »

paulhs1 wrote:Below is an extract from part 5 of Ian Dales interview with David Sullivan;

Ian Dale: Have you been surprised at the reaction of fans to the Olympic Stadium? It is quite split, but you might have expected it to be 90-10 against, but it has been more like 50-50, but I think opinion is now shifting away from it.
David Sullivan: When we did an opinion poll we got 87% in favour. But it’s the one area… I’m going to have another look at it myself and see what can be done, but I think I have said all I can say for now.

So hands up who took part in this opintiuon poll where 87% were previously in favour of the move?
So they reckon they ran a pol and got back 87% in favour, but are not prepared to have a proper vote :?

ID: Just one more thing, there have been various fans group say they want you to hold a proper referendum of fans, maybe get the Electoral Reform Society to oversee it. Is that a possibility?
DS: No, because who would vote? Would you just let season ticket holders vote? All the fans who say they are supporters but don’t come to games?
uptonparkhurst
Location: The World Wide Web - where men are men,women are men,and children are the Metropolitan Police
Has liked: 64 likes
Total likes: 17 likes

Post by uptonparkhurst »

Pop Robson wrote:
ID: Just one more thing, there have been various fans group say they want you to hold a proper referendum of fans, maybe get the Electoral Reform Society to oversee it. Is that a possibility?
DS: No, because who would vote? Would you just let season ticket holders vote? All the fans who say they are supporters but don’t come to games?
Yes, David.
(I'm not a ST holder, btw.)
It seems to me to be the only fair way to consult the people who (it can be easily shown) put money into the club.

There's as much chance of a referendum as there is of seeing the details of your "87% in favour" poll.
Luke (THFC)

Post by Luke (THFC) »

According to Levy 90 per cent of Spurs fans wanted to move to the OS. Maybe it was the same consultation as we had.
Spurs did actually run a couple of consultations (of a sort anyway....)

1. Survey's were sent round to a sample set of ST holders, members and people on the ST waiting list. However the survey wasn't worded as saying "Would you be prepared to go to Stratford?" instead the question would be asked by saying something like "Would you be prepared to move a short distance to build a new state of the art stadium if it is not feasible to do so at the site of the existing stadium?". I would imagine that the 90% in favour came from this very loosely worded survey (where I guess those asked probably construed "move a short distance" as Tottenham Hale or somewhere similar).

2. The club had a meeting with the Spurs Supporters Trust (very anti Stratford) where the Stratford bid was explained. Promises were then made to the group that a full and extensive survey would be carried out amongst all THFC members before we commited to moving if we were selected as preferred bidder. In exchange the Supporters Trust abandoned their anti Stratford stance and planned protests etc.

My guess is that had we actually been selected as preferred bidder then Levy would've just found a way to ensure that the support appeared as though it was there.

Personally I think moving to Stratford would have really split our club down the middle in terms of the support and we would've seen all sorts of protests and infighting between the fans in the year(s) leading up to the move.
the bubble hammer
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by the bubble hammer »

I still dont know why people are holding on to the hope of some kind of supporters input into whether we should bid for the stadium or not. Do people really think that the owner of their football club would actually not do something they believed would greatly improve the chance of moving the club on leaps and bounds, just because a supporters vote came in with a majority vote of not wanting to go to the Os. Once they been given a lease ( if they bid for it ), then that is when they will consult fans to see what they want done to make it feel like home. This is a multi million pound scenario we are talking about not the half time pies. Anyway if you read ian dale's latest piece in his interview with david sullivan he quite clearly states its not gonna happen, because he believes if the club was run by the fans it would soon go bankrupt, and i happen to agree with him.
warp
Location: I am everything about this site which is wrong... i don't give a toss about WHUFC.

Post by warp »

i see your point bubble hammer, but what's the point of a 60.000 seat stadium if you can't fill half of it?
uptonparkhurst
Location: The World Wide Web - where men are men,women are men,and children are the Metropolitan Police
Has liked: 64 likes
Total likes: 17 likes

Post by uptonparkhurst »

G&S should at least make noises to the effect that they will consult the fans properly even if only to strengthen their hand with the
OPLC.
I fear they will accept whatever terms and conditions the OPLC lumber them with, because Plan A is moving to the O/S
and there appears to be no Plan B.
the bubble hammer
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by the bubble hammer »

I'm hearing you Warp, but you gotta remember the 60,000 cheap seats are exactly that. It's all about the other possible revenues with this beast and thats whats driving them forward. I personally think they are on a win win situation herebecause if the income generated really is what they are hoping for and it pushes us up to the echelons of fighting for champions league places constantly, then i think you will find supporters who arent really happy with the stadium, well most of them will carry on going. Alternatively, if they find that the revenue stream is nowhere near what they need, then they wont bid and will stay at the boleyn and all the fans will be right behind em. So i think come march 23rd, if we have put a bid in, if we win it, then in a few years we will be a very prosperous club. I repeat, they will only risk alienating some of the fans if there are a lot of spondoolies to be had, not just an extra 3 or 4 million a year.
Just so i am clear, i am not for the move, but i do trust their business accumen.
One Liner

Post by One Liner »

Pop Robson wrote:Would you just let season ticket holders vote?
Asking the majority of your existing customer base ...........not a bad place to start is it?
hadleighhammer
Gentrified
Location: On my computer trying to keep up with the Sky fixture changes
Has liked: 11 likes
Total likes: 8 likes

Post by hadleighhammer »

the bubble hammer wrote:I still dont know why people are holding on to the hope of some kind of supporters input into whether we should bid for the stadium or not.
Why? Point 10 of the pledge and the previous talk (promises?) of consultation.