So own up then, who was consulted ?

An archive of news, events and discussion leading up to and post West Ham United's historic move from Upton Park to Stratford in 2016.

Moderators: Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks, Gnome

Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado
Has liked: 1887 likes
Total likes: 1599 likes

Re: So own up then, who was consulted ?

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

I'd like to think that they sent me an e mail but because I couldn't change it to my new address at KUMB H.Q. it never got through....

:lol:

Interesting to hear Trap's spin on this one......
Doc H Ball
Has liked: 914 likes
Total likes: 1902 likes

Post by Doc H Ball »

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sp ... adium.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This is an absolute masterpiece....
the pink palermo
Huge noggin
Has liked: 746 likes
Total likes: 2903 likes

Post by the pink palermo »

Edit .
Last edited by the pink palermo on Tue Mar 27, 2012 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado
Has liked: 1887 likes
Total likes: 1599 likes

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

PP I resemble that...(those two haven't a scooby where Ecuador is, let alone Cuenca....)

And I'll have some of what Karren's on please..sound like a cross between Quaalude's, Colombian Marching Powder and some Mescaline.....pass the bong Karren

:lol:
Hammer110

Post by Hammer110 »

the pink palermo wrote:I take it you weren't , so the total remains at 1 . 1071 voted in the poll on this very board .
Initially I didn't know if it could work but our due diligence, fans and the experts we have consulted at every step soon convinced me.
Call me pedantic but I don't think that says they have consulted the fans at all it's very cleverly worded, spot the difference!
Initially I didn't know if it could work but our due diligence, the fans and experts we have consulted at every step soon convinced me.
HammerMan2004
Has liked: 497 likes
Total likes: 1272 likes

Post by HammerMan2004 »

I wish people would stop using that Karen Brady article. It's pretending that it's written in August 2014, and the three years of consulting fans would start now up to then.

As they've always said, they needed to get in the Olympic Stadium before being able to consult us on what changes they make to it.
the pink palermo
Huge noggin

Edit .
Last edited by the pink palermo on Tue Mar 27, 2012 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hammer110

Post by Hammer110 »

Doc H Ball wrote:
And this from Brady in today's Currant Bun: 'We have spent the last three years consulting with supporters and involving them in what you see today — a stunning Olympic Stadium fit for purpose. We have kept our promises.'

Three years! I thought she'd only been here 13 months???
To be fair she is talking from August 2014 perspective, therefore plenty of time for three years of consulting with the fans.
BeastieBoy

Post by BeastieBoy »

Maybe he asked us all with a previous advert in "The Lady".

http://www.lady.co.uk/lady_classifieds/ ... iew/131328
the pink palermo
Huge noggin

Edit .
Last edited by the pink palermo on Tue Mar 27, 2012 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
eastsidejon

Post by eastsidejon »

If screaming "stick the Olympic Stadium up your arse you pair of c****" counts as part of the consultation process, then yes.

Otherwise no.
Hammer110

Post by Hammer110 »

the pink palermo wrote:Hammer 110

Pedantic and wrong .It's quite clear .Stop clutching at straws .We ain't been asked for anything but cash for shirts and tickets .

Total remains at : 1
I can't be both pedantic and wrong!

Why am I clutching at straws! It fairly obvious there has been no consultation, all I am saying is that IMHO you have misinterpreted that sentence, which could have even been worded that way to deceive.

I have emialed the club and asked them what consultation amongst fans has taken place so far.

Personally I wouldn't even count MYWHUFC as it wasn't really consultation.
Last edited by Hammer110 on Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
dimagician10

Post by dimagician10 »

Nah, i'm with Hammer110 on this one... just bad (lack of) editing on the official site. Consultation with us fans about moving was never an issue, they've been upfront about that from the start - they want it, it's the only way forward in their opinion and no one was getting consulted about moving!

Consultation about the stadium begins when (if) we get the nod about the stadium.

Oh, and that's a NO, i wasn't consulted about moving.
homebrew

Post by homebrew »

This is how I reckon all big business consults -

Setting - Boardroom/Senior Management Office (does not really matter)

Cast - The Board/Senior Management (if you are lucky a representative from a 'fan/supporter/workers/union group

Dialogue

Faceless suit on board/higher management - "We are all supporters of this organisation/club, and seek to 'grow' this organisation/club for the future, that much is clear fellow board members, (neglecting to even acknowledge the lucky representative from a 'fan/supporter/workers/union group) do we have agreement on this?"

Remaining suits on board/higher management (possibly included but most likely feeling a bit out of depth fan/supporter/workers/union group representative) -"Yes"

Faceless suit on board/higher management - "As we are all supporters of this organisation/club, and seek to 'grow' this organisation/club, can we now follow the democratic process and vote on the move to the new stadium/office etc, as one cannot deny that we have outgrown the current venue, which it must be said as well is looking a bit 'sad' for itself, and in the current cash crisis we are in, would cost too much to bring up to the standards of those other organisation/clubs around us? This is, blue sky thinking at its best, an unique opportunity we find ourselves in here, ladies and gentlemen do not forget that. Show of hands 'for please', show of hands 'against'"

Possibly included but increasingly feeling a bit out of depth fan/supporter/workers/union group representative, due to bluster and swagger of the obese man with the power suit and business jargon and the glares of contempt from the other suits oozing cash and greed...

Faceless suit on board/higher management - "the supporters of this organisation/club have spoken, the move is on, Nigel can you knock up a quick press release including that bloke in the corner?"

Nigel - "Who?"

Faceless suit on board/higher management - "The quiet one, the fanatic or whatever they are called these days, make sure you include him in the release and that the board and he were united. Champagne Karen please..."

That I truly believe is how most large organisations consult at grass roots level...
Bob

Post by Bob »

Not yet,mind you. been busy decorating lately,probably missed the call. Headbanger

Still 1 then
mushy
Has liked: 629 likes
Total likes: 833 likes

Post by mushy »

Romford wrote: I know how you have operated fella...and thats enough for me. The lies on your website said everything.

Now do me a favour...and crawl back to the website you used before you started your campaign and tried to use this one to help yourself.

Thank You
Romford,
I hardly think that is necessary do you?
And back to the point, nobody has consulted me, despite being a season ticket holder for years, despite the fact that I have been to around a thousand games, still I do get a nice little email from Avram now and then does that count?

BTW I also know for a fact that bond holders have not been consulted either.
Romford
Big X

Post by Romford »

mushy wrote:Romford,
I hardly think that is necessary do you?
And back to the point, nobody has consulted me, despite being a season ticket holder for years, despite the fact that I have been to around a thousand games, still I do get a nice little email from Avram now and then does that count?

BTW I also know for a fact that bond holders have not been consulted either.

I think its totally necessary...

Here's a bloke whose website had a load of dodgy "facts" and an iffy petition trying to use this site to make his campaign bigger.

When anyone tried to argue any other point...he just poo poo what they said.

He is moaning about the view at the OS (which he hasn't visited)...yet sits in the worst view at our current stadium.

He tried to make out that he spoke for the vast majority of WHU fans...when he didn't.

When that was proved to him...he never had the decency to admit his shortfalls.

Anyroads...all thats done now.

To bigger and better things...hopefully
mushy
Has liked: 629 likes
Total likes: 833 likes

Post by mushy »

Well yes exactly, bigger and and maybe better things.
To be honest I never actually went to his website in typical cant be arsed fashion.
Seems pretty passionate about things and I think this maybe clouds his judgement at times.
We can all be a bit like that at times.
Onwards and sideway as they say.
Swiss Pauli
Has liked: 414 likes
Total likes: 151 likes

Post by Swiss Pauli »

the pink palermo wrote:Hammer 110

Pedantic and wrong .It's quite clear .Stop clutching at straws .We ain't been asked for anything but cash for shirts and tickets .

Total remains at : 1
I think you've got the wrong end of the stick because, as Hammer 110 pointed out, Sullivan doesn't actually say he's consulted with fans (though he's happy if people take that impression): "Initially I didn't know if it could work but our due diligence, fans and the experts we have consulted at every step soon convinced me."

There really should be a comma after 'fans' to convey the true message unambiguously: "Initially I didn't know if it could work but our due diligence, fans, and the experts we have consulted at every step soon convinced me." Sully will claim that fans' input, e.g. the latest KUMB poll, shows their support for the OS bid.

Spin of the highest order, and typical Sullivan (similar story with Brady's 2014 article). Spuds management, much as I dislike them, have at least been honest with their fans: they've told them that there won't be any official consultation until after they are named the preferred bidder, claiming that to do so beforehand would be pointless (which is their spin to avoid negative feedback).
JonG86
Has liked: 11 likes
Total likes: 76 likes

Post by JonG86 »

1071 posters on here, thats what, 3% of the crowd at Upton Park and far far less than 1% of total West Ham fans.

Not exactly going to find a diffinitive answer here are you PP?