protest?

An archive of news, events and discussion leading up to and post West Ham United's historic move from Upton Park to Stratford in 2016.

Moderators: Gnome, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

aaronwhufc

Re: protest?

Post by aaronwhufc »

freddies shears wrote:

Is was either there or Poole in Dorset where my wife come from. To be honest i would not want to live there now but love returning as a visitor which is about once a month. I love coming to watch West ham at the Boleyn but i imagine East Ham is close enough but doubt Iron Maiden still play the ruskin arms
That pubs shut down.
Ironworx

Post by Ironworx »

Times are changin, changin times....

I'm always banging on about the Thames Ironworks and what happened in eighteen hundred and odd when we moved from there to wherever, gave up being TIW and became WHU, but those things were changing times too, just somebody elses times not mine....

Go with the flow it's history in the making, and in 100 years time no doubt some bloke called something like Ironworx will bang on about when we moved to the OS and whatever happened....

Protest, not for me, I'm interested to see what will happen, I'll run with it and like always I'll be shouting COME ON YOU IRONS :crest:
westham,eggyandchips
Has liked: 2017 likes
Total likes: 1496 likes

Post by westham,eggyandchips »

Dyer's Leg wrote:Ain't you a Southend United fan anyway? If so, excuse me when I say 'well what the f*** has it got to do with you?'
Bit strong fella. Its only a name. :thdn:
southend

Post by southend »

Yes, I don't support West Ham, I just think that this move is bad for football as a whole. Look at new wembley, it proved to be just an excuse to put the prices up and sanitise England's support, full of foam hand waving idiots.
The will happen at the Olympic Stadium, I'm all for "moving on" but what about the fans having a say? After all they are the life and soul of the club. I just think that a club with a much tradition as yours deserves something much better than a stadium with a running track. West Ham always used to be a decent away day, good pubs/cafes in the area, whatever you say, it does have character. I don't think it'll quite be the same when you move.
Tross
The bard of East London
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 9 likes

Post by Tross »

Southend,

Can one ask have you had a demonstration over your own clubs move from its spiritual home of Roots Hall?

The majority of shrimpers I've spoken too have all be in favour of the prolonged move to Fossetts Farm, as they see the benefits attached for your club.

In fact from memory (which granted is a tad cloudy first thing on a Sunday morning), the only protest about your own clubs move was provided by local residents about a decade back when they didn't want the additional congestion on their doorsteps from a development at Fossetts.

With the likes of Ron Martin and Martin Dawn kicking around at your club, surely your time as a loyal supporter would be much better spent starting a revolution on that Pier of yours, and leaving us Hammers to grieve for our beloved Boleyn as we accept that, as emotionally attached as we all are to the old girl, our future.....indeed our destiny, is at the Olympic Stadium.

Tross
8-)
cockney farmer

Post by cockney farmer »

southend wrote:Yes, I don't support West Ham, I just think that this move is bad for football as a whole. Look at new wembley, it proved to be just an excuse to put the prices up and sanitise England's support, full of foam hand waving idiots.
The will happen at the Olympic Stadium, I'm all for "moving on" but what about the fans having a say? After all they are the life and soul of the club. I just think that a club with a much tradition as yours deserves something much better than a stadium with a running track. West Ham always used to be a decent away day, good pubs/cafes in the area, whatever you say, it does have character. I don't think it'll quite be the same when you move.

Explain that comment, I have been to many England games and the Foam hands started way before the new stadium. I assume you prefer the unsanitised England support like the baying mobs at SOL for the Turkey game where it was kicking off in every pub and around the ground ........amongst our own fans .............mug.
matty.h

Post by matty.h »

lets embrace what we have now and then the OS, we are west hams claret n blue army :thup:
Larry
The end of the world is nigh

Post by Larry »

southend wrote:It seems that most people on here are (understandably) against the move to the OS. It's obviously a bit late in the day now but why hasn't anything been done in terms of organising a protest?

the deal is as good as done we're leaving Upton park, so just accept it.
WestHamIFC

Post by WestHamIFC »

Tross wrote:Can one ask have you had a demonstration over your own clubs move from its spiritual home of Roots Hall?

The majority of shrimpers I've spoken too have all be in favour of the prolonged move to Fossetts Farm, as they see the benefits attached for your club.

:eh:

You've completely missed the point.

Are Southend proposing to move to an Athletics Stadium with a Running Track? Assuming the answers is 'No' then your comparison is irrelevant.
-DL-
Bag Man
Has liked: 834 likes
Total likes: 4918 likes

Post by -DL- »

westham,eggyandchips wrote:Bit strong fella. Its only a name. :thdn:
Fancy retracting that? I'll say again. What the f*** has it got to do with a Southend United Fan?
freddies shears

Post by freddies shears »

That pubs shut down.[/quote]

another tear to my eye this sunday morning, long live rock
Hammer110

Post by Hammer110 »

Dyer's Leg wrote:Fancy retracting that? I'll say again. What the f*** has it got to do with a Southend United Fan?
Is the right answer I have been asking the same question of those against the move for months and never got a proper answer, so why should he come on here stirring it, expecting an answer.
GrowPike

Post by GrowPike »

Dyer's Leg wrote:Ain't you a Southend United fan anyway? If so, excuse me when I say 'well what the f*** has it got to do with you?'
Couldn't put it better myself. Thread should have ended right there.

In the meantime I'm off to organise protests at clubs I don't care about.
southend

Post by southend »

I didn't come on here to get people's backs up, just to ask a valid question. As for my own club, Ron Martin is a complete wrong'un and I won't bother going any more once Fossett's is built,We,at the end of the day, are a tinpot club, who are punching far above our weight with a stadium we can't afford (playing staff haven't been paid for last month..
Football might have been a bit ugly back in the day, but at least the clubs weren't as alienated from the fans. The fact that fans for a club like West ham are talking about forming "ultra" groups and singing sections are a shocking indictment of the national sport and its culture since the Taylor Report. If fans from rival clubs actually bothered to bury their animosities for once and work together in order to achieve common aims, perhaps we wouldn't be complaining about crap atmospheres, exorbitant ticket prices and being treated like dirt by the OB. It's already come this far. If you want your glossy running track full of corporates and Japanese tourists, then go ahead, just thought West Ham with all it's tradition was something different.
Mike420

Post by Mike420 »

Football's **** now days, we've just realised it's adapt or sink unfortunately. Look at the Spuds willing to move to East London in order to compete. It's disgusting...
boleyn4life

Post by boleyn4life »

southend wrote:. If you want your glossy running track full of corporates and Japanese tourists, then go ahead, just thought West Ham with all it's tradition was something different.
Spot on southend

Moving to the souless bowl in stratford will kill the the club i've supported for 40 years
Coops
Has liked: 449 likes
Total likes: 590 likes

Post by Coops »

Maybe we should make a banner.
Apparently there is a "don't go Tevez" one knocking about. All we would have to do is cross out the "Tevez" and replace it with "To the OS". :wink:
Romford
Big X

Post by Romford »

Christ...the Anti Brigade have a Shrimper helping their cause now. You really have to laugh :lol:

I do wonder how many of the anti brigade actually have been going to the Boleyn every home game lately....

I'm defo not visiting this marvelous football ground that some keep going on about.
mywhufc

Post by mywhufc »

quote="Romford"]I'm defo not visiting this marvelous football ground that some keep going on about.[/quote]
promise :lol:
Romford
Big X

Post by Romford »

mywhufc wrote:promise :lol:
Maybe you should get to a few more away games...then you'd realise and actually give yourself a more knowledgable view.