Barry Hearn

An archive of news, events and discussion leading up to and post West Ham United's historic move from Upton Park to Stratford in 2016.

Moderators: Gnome, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

York Ham(mer)
Has liked: 111 likes
Total likes: 149 likes

Re: Barry Hearn

Post by York Ham(mer) »

Over 50 wrote:Dont get me wrong, i am no fan of Hearn, but i think we all felt if a Prem club had to go to the OS we would rather Sp*rs as they would have no trouble filling it.
They would fill it with new, plastic supporters from the O's 'catchment area', can't dispute that.
York Ham(mer)

Post by York Ham(mer) »

Where do the O's fans come from these days? I was looking at the places of residence of the members of the committeeof the Leyton Orient Fans' Trust and found that they live in: Plumstead, Redbridge, Walthamstow, Ashford, Watford, Southend, Ilford, Chessington, and Tunbridge Wells. These are not exactly local residents.
Over 50

Post by Over 50 »

A lot of O's fans lived in Leyton and the surrounding areas as kids and moved out later in life.
tonkaman
Has liked: 90 likes
Total likes: 6 likes

Post by tonkaman »

Yeah, not an argument that stands up to much scrutiny I'm afraid!
Romford
Big X

Post by Romford »

Over 50 wrote:Dont get me wrong, i am no fan of Hearn, but i think we all felt if a Prem club had to go to the OS we would rather Sp*rs as they would have no trouble filling it.

I find this funny as they've played 2 Champions League games without the Lane being sold out...and thats only 36k.

This "THFC have massive support" is a bit of a myth in my eyes.

They ALWAYS go to general sale when the away tickets for us go on sale.
York Ham(mer)

Post by York Ham(mer) »

Over 50 wrote:A lot of O's fans lived in Leyton and the surrounding areas as kids and moved out later in life.
Well, OK. The committee members also have their place of birth on the LOFT website: These are: Barkingside, Coventry, Wanstead, Hackney, Louth, Walthamstow, Barking, East Molesley, Walthamstow.

No mention of Leyton in that lot.
Ironworx

Post by Ironworx »

Hearn aint a gonna like this.......

http://www.teamtalk.com/west-ham-united ... onceivable" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The chairman of the Olympic Park Legacy Company says it is inconceivable that Leyton Orient will move to the Olympic Park after the 2012 Games.

Despite suggestions that Leyton Orient could make its new home at Eton Manor now that West Ham look set to move into the Olympic Stadium, OPLC chairman Baroness Ford said this is unlikely to happen.

She told the London Assembly: "I actually think that it is inconceivable that you put two football stadia in the Olympic Park."

Eton Manor, in the north of the Olympic Park in Stratford, east London, has already been earmarked for sport and community use after the Games.

Baroness Ford said: "I mean, this is much-needed recreational, employment and housing space for the area of east London.

"This is not land that is up for grabs that is not earmarked for anything else.

"It is very clearly earmarked in the masterplan for specific legacy purposes set out long ago."

Barry Hearn, chairman of Leyton Orient, which is the closest football team to the site of the Olympic Park, has been unhappy about plans to hand the keys to the Olympic Stadium to West Ham.

The Premier League club, in a joint venture with Newham Council, is the preferred bidder to move into the Olympic Stadium.

West Ham plan to turn the 80,000-seat stadium into a 60,000-capacity venue for sport and community use after the Games.

The OPLC wants to close the deal by the end of the financial year.

Eton Manor will be transformed into a mix of sporting facilities for local and regional communities, including a tennis centre with four indoor and six outdoor courts, a hockey centre with two competition pitches and five-a-side football pitches.

The facilities - to be owned, funded and run by the Lee Valley Regional Park Authority - could stage elite hockey events for up to 15,000 spectators.

Eton Manor will stage the wheelchair tennis competitions during the Games.
beckton

Post by beckton »

Ironworx wrote: Eton Manor will stage the wheelchair tennis competitions during the Games.

Davids cross has applied for tickets but he's no chance.

As for Hearn's, his scattergun approach looks doomed to failure.
davids cross
Uncle David
Has liked: 674 likes
Total likes: 1289 likes

Post by davids cross »

:lol:
Napoleon Solo

Post by Napoleon Solo »

:lol:
Pedant

Post by Pedant »

York Ham(mer)

Post by York Ham(mer) »

He must think he's in WWE wrestling or summit. Disgraceful behaviour. The British Boxing Board of Control should throw the book at him.
e17
Has liked: 280 likes
Total likes: 940 likes

Post by e17 »

York Ham(mer) wrote:Well, OK. The committee members also have their place of birth on the LOFT website: These are: Barkingside, Coventry, Wanstead, Hackney, Louth, Walthamstow, Barking, East Molesley, Walthamstow.

No mention of Leyton in that lot.
Most of Wansted, Walthamstow and Hackney are in walking distance of Leyton. Either way it's no more relevant than our support being born in Canning Town or Canada.
Tristan Shout
An unhealthy interest in "Dogging"
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 34 likes

Post by Tristan Shout »

Just heard him on talk sport while i was driving, nearly crashed the car i was shouting at the radio so much, what a proper bell end, he said west Ham moving into "their" area is like being in bed in the middle of the night and someone breaking into your house, raping your wife and children and you have to just lay there in bed and cant do anything about it :thdn:
Larry
The end of the world is nigh

Post by Larry »

the whole things just a bloody farce the orinal high court hearing found in our favor just as did 2 indipendents reviews so why the hell do we have to go through yet another court hearing but I bet one things for certain nobody on the Orient, legal team mentioned the fact that that two face hypocrit Hearn, had publically supported Spurs to move into the stadium
Tristan Shout
An unhealthy interest in "Dogging"
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 34 likes

Post by Tristan Shout »

He was also saying a good cup run is great for them so they can have more money to take us to court with,
please, please, please let us draw them in the cup and make it behind closed doors or say we are giving the entire gate receipts to charity so they dont get a penny
ozzfest

Post by ozzfest »

Well you obviously wouldn't be able to do that Tristan. Got to love Barry, speaks a lot of sense. Taking on the bigger man, go on Bazza!! haha. We're not going out of business without a fight.
Over 50

Post by Over 50 »

Tristan Shout wrote:He was also saying a good cup run is great for them so they can have more money to take us to court with,
please, please, please let us draw them in the cup and make it behind closed doors or say we are giving the entire gate receipts to charity so they dont get a penny
Well that plan is out the window :lol:
fireman

Post by fireman »

Over 50 wrote:A lot of O's fans lived in Leyton and the surrounding areas as kids and moved out later in life.

Don't know where you are from mate but you don't know what you are talking about.

I am 44 and grew up in Leyton, attending Norlington Road and Leyton Senior High .

In my time at those schools I KNEW NOT ONE LEYTON ORIENT SUPPORTER. It was mainly West Ham followed by the Scum and the Arse.

It is commonly recognised in Leyton that Orient fans are from Walthamstow. Why that is, I don't know.

LEYTON IS A WEST HAM AREA!! :crest:
Last edited by fireman on Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Philosophical Dan
KUMB's campest cyclist
Location: 10 PRINT "Philosophical Dan is Skill! "; 20 GOTO 10

Post by Philosophical Dan »

Tristan Shout wrote:he said west Ham moving into "their" area is like being in bed in the middle of the night and someone breaking into your house, raping your wife and children and you have to just lay there in bed and cant do anything about it :thdn:
****ing stupid c*nt.