Barry Hearn

An archive of news, events and discussion leading up to and post West Ham United's historic move from Upton Park to Stratford in 2016.

Moderators: Gnome, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

HammerMan2004
Has liked: 498 likes
Total likes: 1275 likes

Barry Hearn

Post by HammerMan2004 »

What a cock that man is.

That's all really.
GideaParkHammer

Re: Barry Hearn

Post by GideaParkHammer »

Reading between the lines of his "speech", it is getting clearer that all this b*llocks about cheap tickets, Orient dying etc is just a smoke screen. He just wants a slice of the pie and get some free land where the hockey centre will be.
hammers1954

Post by hammers1954 »

Hearne gets worse. Earlier on SSN Tony Gale, who should know better, was saying that he thought the Orient were hard done by and that he understood Hearne was looking for West Ham to pay for their academy for a few years!!

If true, it boarders on blackmail and suggests how much faith he has in winning a legal case.
davids cross
Uncle David
Has liked: 674 likes
Total likes: 1289 likes

Post by davids cross »

He does bring out the defensive, defend West Ham at all cost, even if we are totally in the wrong............nature in me.

:lol:
bendavids

Post by bendavids »

davids cross wrote:He does bring out the defensive, defend West Ham at all cost, even if we are totally in the wrong............nature in me.

:lol:
Agreed!

I couldn't name Leyton Orient's manager before today but know all about Barry Hearn. That alone makes me think he must be a prick...
GideaParkHammer

I really use to like the O's. I remember going over to watch some great players like the sadly departed Laurie Cunningham. However, I genuinly wanted Le Arse to stuff them today. They are using us to get what they want. Hearn knows full well that us moving there will have little impact on their core support, but he also knows there could be a pound note on offer here.
AJ
Location: Dreaming dreams, scheming schemes, building castles high

Post by AJ »

Just seen Hearn's comments post game on ITV, talking about how much they will make from the replay etc, then he says he going to spend it all on taking legal action against the decision to award West Ham the OS.

If I was an Orient fan think id be pretty livid, as the current squad were all signed on a free and the one time they get cash they will waste it on a legal battle that is as strong as a house of cards
Hammer110

Post by Hammer110 »

I think he has really lost the plot, I can't see what grounds he has to challenge the decision to give the O/S to us. The OPLC remit was to found the best use for the O/S nothing about taking into account the effect us moving would have on other businesses, after all if he has a case what about all the businesses in the vicinity of the club that may suffer by us moving it.
Diving Moleman

Post by Diving Moleman »

GideaParkHammer wrote:I really use to like the O's. I remember going over to watch some great players like the sadly departed Laurie Cunningham. However, I genuinly wanted Le Arse to stuff them today. They are using us to get what they want. Hearn knows full well that us moving there will have little impact on their core support, but he also knows there could be a pound note on offer here.
Sums up exactly how I felt watching it today. Hearn is just a wide-boy spiv and it brings back the nausea I felt every time McCabe was in the press a few years back. Just another parasite and I'm sick and tired of people chancing their arm just get free handouts at our expense.
eastsider
Has liked: 54 likes
Total likes: 6 likes

Post by eastsider »

GideaParkHammer wrote:I really use to like the O's. I remember going over to watch some great players like the sadly departed Laurie Cunningham. However, I genuinly wanted Le Arse to stuff them today. They are using us to get what they want. Hearn knows full well that us moving there will have little impact on their core support, but he also knows there could be a pound note on offer here.

I used to go to the O's too occasionally but they will never get another penny from me and I would be surprised if I am the only one!!
Hearn is a really irritating pilllock!! :x
Hammer110

Post by Hammer110 »

AJ wrote:Just seen Hearn's comments post game on ITV, talking about how much they will make from the replay etc, then he says he going to spend it all on taking legal action against the decision to award West Ham the OS.
Yet before the game:
The chairman admitted beforehand the club's financial predicament was such that he craved a draw more than a victory and a late equaliser from the substitute Jonathan Téhoué, a Frenchman of whom Arsène Wenger conceded he had never heard, granted him his wish.
Bloody hypocrite!
ironstu

Post by ironstu »

I live 5 minutes from Hearn, he even owns the cricket club that I play for, I might have to pop round and politely tell him to f*** Off on behalf of all West Ham fans!
WestHamIFC

Post by WestHamIFC »

GideaParkHammer wrote: He just wants a slice of the pie and get some free land where the hockey centre will be.

He is a confused old man.

He complains about West Ham moving within a couple of miles of Orient's home, claiming it will destroy them.

And then he indicates he'd love to move to the Olympic Hockey Stadium - just a few hundred yards from the OS!! :eh:
Ironworx

Post by Ironworx »

Chancer out for what he can get....

I've got nothing against Orient but they've been small fry that doesn't compete with the London premiership teams for a long long time, I think we could probably ground share with them without affecting their gate....

Might not be too bad an idea :think:
The Rebirth
It's all about the confidence

Post by The Rebirth »

Kevin McCabe 2011
Ironworx

Post by Ironworx »

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standard- ... m-fight.do" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

In this article Hearn says that he spoke to Richard Scudamore (Premier League CEO) last Friday and was told that the move has already been sanctioned....

He then goes on to say that he'll go to Judicial Review, although God knows on what grounds as there has to have been some improper procedure for that to succeed and if there was then surely the filth would already have done it :think:

Surely it's all over bar the shouting.
raneman
Total likes: 6 likes

Post by raneman »

Leyton Orient are based in the borough of Waltham Forest.

West Ham United are based in the borough of Newham.

Stratford is in the borough of Newham.

He talks about breaking rules, yet was OK for Spurs to move from a completely different borough into Newham.

We're already offering cheaper tickets now as it is, much cheaper than years gone by, with deals and such like. If any 'potential' Orient fans were going to be enticed away, I don't think 4 stops or whatever on the tube as opposed to 1 is going to make any different whatsoever.

I can't really see what case he has at all. Smacks of desperate chancer trying his hand. I hope we stand firm and let him do his worst, rather than just give in for a quiet life and pay money out for nothing, like we did against Sheffield United.
HammerMan2004
Has liked: 498 likes
Total likes: 1275 likes

Post by HammerMan2004 »

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story ... um?cc=5739" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

We don't want West Ham to kill our club.

We'll stop whinging if you let us move even closer to the Olympic Stadium.

Give us a new ground and we'll be quiet.

Yeah, because that'll stop West Ham pinching your fans?

What a cock.
GideaParkHammer

HammerMan2004 wrote:http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story ... um?cc=5739" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

We don't want West Ham to kill our club.

We'll stop whinging if you let us move even closer to the Olympic Stadium.

Give us a new ground and we'll be quiet.

Yeah, because that'll stop West Ham pinching your fans?

What a cock.
You often hear as a defence, when talking about a Football Chairman, the line "Well he would not have that much money if he was stupid". I think that Hearns is slowly proving that that maxim can be false. The man is an idiot. Can he not see that he shooting himself in the foot everytime he opens his mouth?

Judicial Review Judge. "So Mr Hearns, you are so concerned with the impact of West Ham moving close to Brisbane Rd, that your proposal to remedy this situation is to ask for land that is even closer to where West Ham are planning to move to. Now where is my black cap?"
wham1966

Post by wham1966 »

Though I agree the tw*t Hearn should get nothing but a big legal bill, I think he will be appeased somehow.

Newham Council were seriously threatening a judicial review over the marathon route switching away from the borough, but have been bought off with a jobs scheme and other educational sweeteners.

I don't think the powers that be will want the delays and loss of face, so close to the Olympics of a judicial review over us.