Barry Hearn

An archive of news, events and discussion leading up to and post West Ham United's historic move from Upton Park to Stratford in 2016.

Moderators: Gnome, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

davids cross
Uncle David
Has liked: 674 likes
Total likes: 1289 likes

Re: Barry Hearn

Post by davids cross »

delbert wrote: If I got any of that wrong then he wasn't the wiser..

Excellent use of the Chewbacca Defence del, it's something I use often..... :lol:
Ironworx

Post by Ironworx »

Romford wrote:We are West Ham United...come from West Ham and have always played in the East London.

Leyton Orient were originally Clapton Orient and played in North London until 1937.
Orient changed grounds both before and after losing their old dog track ground in Homerton, eventually ending up at Brisbane Road for the passed seventy odd years, now they want to move to the hockey stadium that incredibly won't stay where it presently is - Even the bloody ground is going to move in that instance !

Over the longer term clubs move from ground to ground, and Orient are a prime example of that fact, it's progress, it's history in the making.

Within London any club moving grounds is going to be closer to somebody or another, it's inevitable, there are a lot of clubs in London and London while large for a city isn't that large for an area hosting a lot of clubs.

Hearn need to acquaint himself with the factors of the real world rather than to cut some King Canute type figure trying to ward off the inevitable.
JohnnyBoy3000
Location: In a room with a picture of Karren Brady and a West Ham sock

Post by JohnnyBoy3000 »

Noted in various media sources that Hearn wants the Premier League to help fund a new stadium for Orient. WTF.

He also appeared to have a pop at us for letting Newham council give us 45m, and how Orient would never take money out of the public purse.

Oh arnt thou holier than thou.
mattjp
Has liked: 29 likes
Total likes: 44 likes

Post by mattjp »

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011 ... arry-hearn" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

He's a complete bloody chancer. What about the impact of cheap tickets on your home gates Barry? How can he go from claiming his support base will be destroyed to wanting a 15,000 capacity stadium?
Hammer110

Post by Hammer110 »

JohnnyBoy3000 wrote:Noted in various media sources that Hearn wants the Premier League to help fund a new stadium for Orient. WTF.

He also appeared to have a pop at us for letting Newham council give us 45m, and how Orient would never take money out of the public purse.

Oh arnt thou holier than thou.
And like many people conveniently avoid the fact that Newham aren't giving us £45 million, they are putting £45 million of treasury bonds money into a partnership with us.
Mega Ron
Has liked: 170 likes
Total likes: 175 likes

Post by Mega Ron »

Hearn's a ****

Glad I shot him.

Feel sorry for Terry Marsh that everyone thinks he did it.
The Rebirth
It's all about the confidence

Post by The Rebirth »

Hammers80 wrote:Hearn's a c***

Glad I shot him.

Feel sorry for Terry Marsh that everyone thinks he did it.
I think you mean Frank Warren??
badgermax
Has liked: 4 likes
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by badgermax »

Craven Cottage & Stamford Bridge are approx 1.5miles apart as the crow flies, so Hearn can huff and puff all he likes.
Wembley1966
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 124 likes

Post by Wembley1966 »

Hearn Image
HammerMan2004
Has liked: 500 likes
Total likes: 1275 likes

Post by HammerMan2004 »

http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/ ... t-business" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It's nothing against West Ham he says, but he's no idea why he wasn't consulted earlier.
neilbob

Post by neilbob »

Us moving there was was first mooted when the Icelandics were in charge, this isn't new. He must have a pretty incompetent PA if they couldn't arrange a meeting before now.
Ironworx

Post by Ironworx »

Hearn: '...“There are Premier League and Football League rules that clearly say in black and white that they will not sanction the move of a football club to another club if it has an adverse affect on the resident club.'

Now, is that what he really believes or does he take us all for mugs ?

The rule specifically states clubs in the 'Immediate Vicinity' but Orient are one and a half miles from the Olympic Stadium.

I cannot see how by any interpretation of immediate vicinity it can be stretched to include one and a half miles.

Maybe it's a bad rule, maybe it should include one and a half miles, but that's not what it says, it says immediate vicinity.
HammerMan2004
Has liked: 500 likes
Total likes: 1275 likes

Post by HammerMan2004 »

In a statement the League said: "With particular reference to Leyton Orient, full consideration was given to a letter written by Barry Hearn, to the Premier League prior to the board meeting at which our decision was taken. In the letter Mr Hearn accepted that either Tottenham or West Ham would inevitably move into the Olympic Stadium while outlining his preference for Tottenham. Mr Hearn enclosed a copy of a separate letter written to the Tottenham chairman in which he wished him 'all success for the prospective move'.

"After the board had met and reached its decision the Premier League general secretary wrote to Mr Hearn informing him of its decision, the reasoning behind it and thanking him for his correspondence.

"It is regrettable that Mr Hearn is now claiming that Leyton Orient had no input into the board's decision making process when their views, as expressed in writing at the time by Mr Hearn, were given due consideration. Clearly the position currently being articulated by Mr Hearn in the media is at odds with his original submission."

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standard- ... -league.do" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
FrankieMacsPerm
Has liked: 44 likes
Total likes: 91 likes

Post by FrankieMacsPerm »

I did this the other week at a do a friend of my wife was having. A guy was there who supported Chelski and was a Copper!! Not a good mix, anyway he was giving it large and slagging West Ham off, so in a fit of Stella pique I pulled out the old we won the World Cup card. Did the trick!!!

Back on topic, Hearn is a chancer who is trying to get a quick buck. All his arguments fall flat and have no substance to them at all. Like a few other I used to like Orient, used to go along and watch them, met a few through work, friends etc and they all hate West Ham, got a real chip on their shoulder.

Not sure what it's like now but a lot of Arse, Sp*d and West Ham used to go and watch them, providing alot of extra revenue no doubt!!
bendavids

Post by bendavids »

Quality. Best/ most appropriate smiley thingy ever!
Myron T Buttram
Probed by aliens

Does Barry Hearn merit an asterisk yet?

Post by Myron T Buttram »

Just watched the SSN interview this afternoon. Its just gone to the commercial break so the interviewers head can be extricated from Hearn's rectum.

God I wish he could be questioned by Paxman or somebody.

The geezer is grinning through his teeth basically blackmailing WHU, the Government, the Olympic committee or the Premier League to give him something for nothing. On one hand he complains of the proximity of West Ham to Orient but apparently moving onto the the OP itself is perfectly acceptable if he gets a free hockey stadium thrown in.

Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhh!

Oh and as an aside Barry, darts isn't a ****ing sport, it's a pub game.
Gerblatz
Has liked: 70 likes
Total likes: 27 likes

Re: Does Barry Hearn merit an asterisk yet?

Post by Gerblatz »

Myron T Buttram wrote:Just watched the SSN interview this afternoon. Its just gone to the commercial break so the interviewers head can be extricated from Hearn's rectum.

God I wish he could be questioned by Paxman or somebody.

The geezer is grinning through his teeth basically blackmailing WHU, the Government, the Olympic committee or the Premier League to give him something for nothing. On one hand he complains of the proximity of West Ham to Orient but apparently moving onto the the OP itself is perfectly acceptable if he gets a free hockey stadium thrown in.

Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhh!

Oh and as an aside Barry, darts isn't a f***ing sport, it's a pub game.
:lol: ...was thinking along the same lines as I listened to all the old guff - the outcome?...Hearn is a grade A c**t.
warp
Location: I am everything about this site which is wrong... i don't give a toss about WHUFC.

Post by warp »

i think the only thing he's doing is showing himself ridiculous...
fmgod
Has liked: 50 likes
Total likes: 145 likes

Post by fmgod »

He's been in the for hockey stadium all this while, the man is a (insert expletive), he wants to get the hockey stadium so he can sell off the rest of Brisbane Road for housing.
Maroonmachine

Post by Maroonmachine »

Have to wait and see for a few weeks, he may just crawl away and disappear now he's been exposed as a hypocrite.