Hearn wants WHU to help pay for new 15,000 seater stadium

An archive of news, events and discussion leading up to and post West Ham United's historic move from Upton Park to Stratford in 2016.

Moderators: Gnome, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

mywhufc

Re: Hearn wants WHU to help pay for new 15,000 seater stadium

Post by mywhufc »

Why can't he get a loan off the council same as we have, and do a deal like we have
GideaParkHammer

Post by GideaParkHammer »

Dear Mr Hearns

This is an open invite. I would love to play you in a game of Poker, Omaha, Texas or Stud.. your call. I have never seen a fish that is so transparent in showing his hand.

If you go for litigation, I predict that you will either lose, or win on a technicality. If it is the latter, the judge will see through your obvious motives, (you have made it clear you dick), and award you peppercorn compensation.

Going back to poker, I call you, you are an obvious bluffer.

Yours sincerely

Mr GPH
theflafson

Post by theflafson »

I want him to help me buy my first million dollar house.
When i say "help" i mean, i want him to pay for it in full.
Ironworx

Post by Ironworx »

mywhufc wrote:Why can't he get a loan off the council same as we have, and do a deal like we have
Because I doubt that Orients credit rating is very good.....
Ironworx

Post by Ironworx »

mywhufc wrote: 4. Headbanger Please stop with this, it's not true. All others are but not 4
Just looked it up on Google Maps and measured it as best as I could with marks on a bit of paper, I couldn't tell which of the Boleyn or the OS was closest to the Old Ironworks site, there really can't be a lot in it either way........
Ironworx

Post by Ironworx »

hammers1954 wrote:This is'nt funny anymore its just blackmail pure and simple
It is a threat of blanket legal actions against so far as I can see everybody who is involved....

With nothing that I can see of a definite nature to proceed on, possibly one PL rule breach but I'm far, far, far from certain on that.....

With a proviso of I won't do it if you give me something, that's the questionable bit.....

Is that blackmail ? Blackmail usually entails hiding things from the authorities, not taking them to them, and it usually entails a definite empowerment - I'm not sure....

But whatever it is it should be an offence because it's mighty similar to blackmail.
AJ
Location: Dreaming dreams, scheming schemes, building castles high

Post by AJ »

mywhufc wrote: 4. Headbanger Please stop with this, it's not true. All others are but not 4
Castle Swifts played their first home matches at West Ham Lane, the A112, go read a map then come back to me
RichieRiv
Has liked: 307 likes
Total likes: 802 likes

Post by RichieRiv »

AJ wrote:Castle Swifts played their first home matches at West Ham Lane, the A112, go read a map then come back to me
Last time I looked at my ST, it said West Ham United not Castle Swifts.
Ironworx

Post by Ironworx »

Castle Swifts are the roots, the blue and white of our kit is inherited from them, and it may be that the castle in our crest is too as that ones not proven either way....

Ironworks employees played for Castle Swifts before Thames Ironworks FC came about in 1895, and after 1895 Castle employees played for Thames Ironworks FC, there was a great deal of commonality.

Castle Wharf was directly opposite the Ironworks in Leamouth / Bow Creek, you could literally drop kick a ball from one yard to the other, it was all immediate vicinity stuff....

From 1896 until 1900 Thames Ironworks FC played in Castle Swifts colours of light blue shirt, white shorts and scarlet socks, with only a change of sock colour to black and a claret stripe added to the side of the shorts for the first season as WHU in 1900....

I think Castle Swifts as our roots is fair enough.
Ironworx

Post by Ironworx »

AJ wrote:Castle Swifts played their first home matches at West Ham Lane, the A112, go read a map then come back to me
Yes they did, in 1892, at Dunnotar Park - It was called that after the Castle line steamer Dunnotar Castle which was the pride of the Castle line fleet, all Castle Line steamers were named after castles....

They then played for a year at Temple Meadows which is close to East Ham station...

They then moved to Hermit Road Canning Town until Thames Ironworks FC were formed in 1895 and took it over
Hugh Jargon (Old)
Location: The Isle of Lesbos, Cuba- Tottenham redondo corriente con el pene que cuelga fuera

Post by Hugh Jargon (Old) »

I reckon that is Forest/Notts County and Trent Bridge all in close proximity.
RichieRiv
Has liked: 307 likes
Total likes: 802 likes

Post by RichieRiv »

Ironworx, I am not denying that either Castle Swifts or Thames Ironworks are not part of our history. They are represented in our colours, badge and nickname(s) that are very much part of our club today.

However to say that we are moving back to our roots is somewhat tenuous considering the overwhelming majority of our years have been spent in the Upton Park area. There is not one fan alive today that can say they saw us play elsewhere and not many fans who can say their fathers did.

I am a massive advocate of our history, but our move to stratford has nothing to do with history.
Heysel76
Has liked: 213 likes
Total likes: 105 likes

Post by Heysel76 »

RichieRiv wrote:Ironworx, I am not denying that either Castle Swifts or Thames Ironworks are not part of our history. They are represented in our colours, badge and nickname(s) that are very much part of our club today.

However to say that we are moving back to our roots is somewhat tenuous considering the overwhelming majority of our years have been spent in the Upton Park area. There is not one fan alive today that can say they saw us play elsewhere and not many fans who can say their fathers did.

I am a massive advocate of our history, but our move to stratford has nothing to do with history.
Elgin Marbles :arry:
MrMum

Post by MrMum »

Bow Locks :wink:
York Ham(mer)
Has liked: 111 likes
Total likes: 149 likes

Post by York Ham(mer) »

So Hearn thinks he can resolve his perceived problem of WHU moving 0.9 miles nearer the Os by moving the Os even nearer, to Eton Manor? :?
Ironworx

Post by Ironworx »

RichieRiv wrote:Ironworx, I am not denying that either Castle Swifts or Thames Ironworks are not part of our history. They are represented in our colours, badge and nickname(s) that are very much part of our club today.

Oh it has, it's history in the making, and interesting that it's so close to the first place where Castle Swifts played, which is after all the furthest back that we can trace our heritage
Hammer110

Post by Hammer110 »

Ironworx wrote:
Just looked it up on Google Maps and measured it as best as I could with marks on a bit of paper, I couldn't tell which of the Boleyn or the OS was closest to the Old Ironworks site, there really can't be a lot in it either way........
http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&tab=wl" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Ironworx

Post by Ironworx »

Could you repost the link please Hammer 110, when I opened it it's pointing to a point in the Irish Sea :lol:
beckton

Post by beckton »

That's where Spurs are going to build their new stadium, there's an oil rig going cheap.

Hull are up in arms about it.
Hammer110

Post by Hammer110 »

Try this one.

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF&m ... 0991b5167d" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;"