Claret And Blue Seats

An archive of news, events and discussion leading up to and post West Ham United's historic move from Upton Park to Stratford in 2016.

Moderators: Gnome, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

eastsider
Has liked: 54 likes
Total likes: 6 likes

Re: Claret And Blue Seats

Post by eastsider »

[quote="gavrosh"]"how can we let them know we don't want this move if they won't consult the fanbase?"

That would be a valid point if the fanbase did not want the move, but from what I can see (the poll of fans on this forum being the most complete) the majority of the fanbase are for the move. So even if they did consult the fanbase, they'd probably find that at least half want to go to Stratford

Absolutely correct IMO
Hammer Matty
Has liked: 52 likes
Total likes: 123 likes

Post by Hammer Matty »

Wanting to move to Stratford and wanting to move to Stratford to stop Spurs moving there, are two different things

I believe the latter is the reason why there are so many in support of the move
Sweeney Bod
Shirley Temple

Post by Sweeney Bod »

gavrosh wrote:"how can we let them know we don't want this move if they won't consult the fanbase?"

That would be a valid point if the fanbase did not want the move, but from what I can see (the poll of fans on this forum being the most complete) the majority of the fanbase are for the move. So even if they did consult the fanbase, they'd probably find that at least half want to go to Stratford.
As we have discussed many times, we can not rely on the Kumb poll to establish the fan's consensus. Prior to Spurs making a bid, the old poll was very much against the move. The current poll is more a result of people not wanting Spurs to move to Stratford than a rubber stamp for us to move there.
bejeezus

Post by bejeezus »

Sweeney Bod wrote: As we have discussed many times, we can not rely on the Kumb poll to establish the fan's consensus.
I think you mean the minority that were against have decided that the most recent KUMB poll can't be relied upon?

The previous poll was completed by significantly less people and slanted opinions by mentioning the running track in the wording of the question.

The most recent poll does not mention either the running track or Spurs and was completed by a reasonable sample group of West Ham supporters not dissimilar to a poll which might be carried out by a professional company such as Mori.

The only thing that might really be questioned is whether KUMB members are a typical representation of West Ham supporters as a whole?
JonG86
Has liked: 11 likes
Total likes: 77 likes

Post by JonG86 »

Sweeney Bod wrote: As we have discussed many times, we can not rely on the Kumb poll to establish the fan's consensus. Prior to Spurs making a bid, the old poll was very much against the move. The current poll is more a result of people not wanting Spurs to move to Stratford than a rubber stamp for us to move there.
As has been mentioend many times, the old poll didn't have anywhere near the amount of voters as the new one did either. So would you agree that neither are reliable?
bonzo hammers1975

Post by bonzo hammers1975 »

I have said it once, I will say it again, this move will be the worst thing that ever happens to us, totally agree with an earlier poster, quite obvious that G & S only purchased the club on the gamble they would get the OS then sell for a massive profit to a foreign
owner (probably Icelandic knowing our luck) and leaving us with a stadium with no atmosphere and no identity.....what are we as
fans going to do about this?
Kent Bubble Blower

Post by Kent Bubble Blower »

bonzo hammers1975 wrote:what are we as fans going to do about this?
Not turn up, by the sound of it.
Suzanne Claret

Post by Suzanne Claret »

We are moving to the OS and I think its time we started to accept it and move on.

Gold said it was his hope that the OS will be as West Ham as possible and I believe him, they may not of consulted us on the whether we move or not but there is a dialogue between us and the club.

If you don’t like it, don’t go, it’s up to you if you choose to support the club or not. It’s not where we are but who we are, shouldn’t make any difference whether we are in the OS or a port-a-cabin in a field.
tonkaman
Has liked: 90 likes

Post by tonkaman »

Suzanne Claret wrote:If you don’t like it, don’t go, it’s up to you if you choose to support the club or not. It’s not where we are but who we are, shouldn’t make any difference whether we are in the OS or a port-a-cabin in a field.
:thup:

WE are West Ham, the players on a field merely represent US. WE are not the Boleyn Ground, it's merely where we meet every couple of weeks.
Sweeney Bod
Shirley Temple

Post by Sweeney Bod »

JonG86 wrote:
As has been mentioend many times, the old poll didn't have anywhere near the amount of voters as the new one did either. So would you agree that neither are reliable?
Yes, sorry if I did not make that point clear.

Poll 1- Flawed as it was before we knew the club were going to leave the track there.
Poll 2- Flawed because the wording was too subjective
Poll 3- Flawed because of the "I don't want us to go there, but I do not want Spurs to go there" factor.
Aceface
Has liked: 358 likes
Total likes: 1446 likes

Post by Aceface »

At the fans forum, David Gold said they were thinking of ditching the claret & blue shirt and making the kit grey to match the seats at the OS
James P
Has liked: 28 likes
Total likes: 171 likes

Post by James P »

Aceface wrote:At the fans forum, David Gold said they were thinking of ditching the claret & blue shirt and making the kit grey to match the seats at the OS
:lol:
crossay

Post by crossay »

A friend of mine knows someone who helped with the construction of the stadium. Apparently over 80% of the seats have been hired, which makes sense if the plan is to change the colour of the seats post-olympics :crest:
Pop Robson
Has liked: 34 likes
Total likes: 15 likes

Post by Pop Robson »

55,000 top tier seats were due to go elsewhere after, now it will be a lot cheaper to leave them be

What happened about the business that they were too small size wise for football, any one remember off hand ?
eastsider
Has liked: 54 likes

Post by eastsider »

[quote="Pop Robson"]55,000 top tier seats were due to go elsewhere after, now it will be a lot cheaper to leave them be

What happened about the business that they were too small size wise for football, any one remember off hand ?

I thought the seats were bigger than normal?? :eh:
gavrosh

Post by gavrosh »

Err, sorry if i totally misunderstand something, but how can seats that are adequate for watching athletics be too small for watching football??
tonkaman
Has liked: 90 likes

Post by tonkaman »

Maybe they're implying that the average football fan is a little more portly than his athletic counterpart? :lol:
WestHamIFC

Post by WestHamIFC »

David Sullivan:

"2) What colour will the seats be at the Olympic Stadium?

DS: “The existing seats will be used. We could have spent around £5 million replacing them with Claret and blue seats but we would prefer to spend that money on a player, no one will even see the seats when the stadium fills up”
"

http://www.whufctv.com/#!EXCLUSIVE-Sull ... 70B8BFD757

David Gold:

Confused.

Not sure if DS is contradicting DG or not. I guess the Upper Tier is staying black & white, but the colour of new Lower Tier Retractable Seats is not clear at all. :?
mywhufc

Post by mywhufc »

WestHamIFC wrote:

David Gold:

Confused.

Not sure if DS is contradicting DG or not. I guess the Upper Tier is staying black & white, but the colour of new Lower Tier Retractable Seats is not clear at all. :?
That is an old tweet from DG where he tells the many what the wanto hear, not the truth, as even back when he tweeted that, in the OS planning document they were stating that seats will remain same colour.
Pop Robson
Has liked: 34 likes
Total likes: 15 likes

Post by Pop Robson »

£5 million to change them now, didn't Sullivan say £2M a few years ago. Gone up as quick as house prices