Breaking news- Olympic stadium- corruption claim?

An archive of news, events and discussion leading up to and post West Ham United's historic move from Upton Park to Stratford in 2016.

Moderators: Gnome, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

mywhufc

Re: Breaking news- Olympic stadium- corruption claim?

Post by mywhufc »

Believer wrote:
Would you honestly enjoy seeing sp*rs in East London with the OS infrastructure and the corporate potential supplementing what is already in place with them ?

Serious question....

The thought of that club with it's slimy chairman and gloating support being in our manor turns my stomach if I'm honest !
spurs in Stratford is no different to spurs in tottenham with a redeveloped stadium.
I was against the move before they put their bid in and don't see that we should cut our nose to spite our face just to stop them moving into Stratford.
If we planned to build a football stadium I wouldn't object to a move , but our plan for Stratford is to keep it primarily as an athletics stadium with football playing second fiddle.
As for the OS infrastructure, Stratford is a 10 minute bus ride from upton park so we could still utilise it's so called better transport by sticking on direct busses to the Boleyn.
Believer
Has liked: 1389 likes
Total likes: 735 likes

Post by Believer »

What about spurs getting a publicly funded stadium in tottenham and us being refused the OS ? Where will that leave us ? We don't have Abramovitch in charge or that tax dodging tw*t up in totts land. We have a 35k stadium and £80m debt and are currently a championship club. If we don't get the OS, G&S will probably sell up and we have seen the standard of people that they sell football clubs to haven't we ?

Oh and reference your point about the OS being primarily an athletics stadium - have you been getting £20k drinks from the club as well ? You've obviously seen the new drawings of what the stadium is going to look like ??
Essex 'Ammer12

Post by Essex 'Ammer12 »

if you honestly believe my friend that tottenham in a redeveloped white hart lane would be the same as them in stratford then you are i'm afraid living in a dream world

i do not want us to move to an athletics stadium, however i do not want them slimey c**** in the area of our heritage because they are so keen to throw there's away for a bit of money.
Hammer110

Post by Hammer110 »

paulhs1 wrote:Let's just say west ham are completely innocent in all of this, you still have to wonder why we were stupid enough to pay a director of a company affiliated to the bid £20k for consultancy work who just so happens to be the partner of ian tompkins.
And why was the information about payments not made at the time of the bid to show complete transparency?
Either way the whole thing is yet another dogs breakfast!
It happens all the time, the only problem here is it appears she didn't declare it to her employer. I currently work for the NHS, I also do consultancy work for a NHS supply company in the same field as I work, the difference is I declared it and got clearance to do it.

If as the OLPC have said she took no part in the bidding process and could not have seen any documents relating to the bid as they were not held at the OPLC offices and the club have said she took no part in our bid but was working future procurement should we get the stadium then this is just a storm in a teacup.

And if this is a case of corruption then why have Spurs not released it before, it seems to me they uncovered it by iffy means, realised there was no real mileage in it and haven't followed it through, but it's come out now by whatever means to try and create doubt in peoples minds.

And off course what idiot would bribe an official of the OPLC by paying them via a traceable method and such a pittance too, would you risk everything for £20,000 especially when you earn 4 times that pa!
the pink palermo
Huge noggin
Has liked: 759 likes
Total likes: 2940 likes

Post by the pink palermo »

Sky news coverage sounds like their Olympics correspondent may have had a glass of wine or two - lots of slurring .

I'm shocked they broadcast her comments repeatedly .
land of middle girth

Post by land of middle girth »

Believer wrote: Would you honestly enjoy seeing sp*rs in East London with the OS infrastructure and the corporate potential supplementing what is already in place with them ?

Serious question....

The thought of that club with it's slimy chairman and gloating support being in our manor turns my stomach if I'm honest !

I'll be honest, I think the plan to move into the stadium is daft. It's a horrible, soulless bowl. It will never be a good footballing venue. Our plan should have been identical to filth's: knock it down, build a proper stadium, and re-purpose the current grounds for the silly athletics. Even with identical bids I think we would still have a better claim due to the distance. They really have no business being there, but we made a safe bid to win it,and win it we did. That being said, I would rather us win it then them, especially since they want it so bad, so screw em. :raver:
York Ham(mer)
Has liked: 111 likes
Total likes: 149 likes

Post by York Ham(mer) »

That's a very robust response from WHU.
I am Legend
Has liked: 1550 likes
Total likes: 1622 likes

Post by I am Legend »

yeah this is ridiculous. Spurs hired people to break the law for them and get private documents and bank details?

shouldnt this result in prison for spurs employees and the people they hired? wouldnt we normal folk suffer that sentance?

spurs are a ****ing disgrace (or levy and his boss anyway) if this is all true

nice to see the board come out strongly, hope we drag spurs through the mud now and make them pay a hefty price.

Dont you ****ing dare sell them anyone ever, especially Parker.
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place
Has liked: 748 likes
Total likes: 3446 likes

Post by Up the Junction »

paulhs1 wrote:not sure about that UTJ
Have you read West Ham's statement yet?
snail

Post by snail »

There is some serious intent in the clubs statement, looks as if spurs may have gone just a little too far this time
beckton

Post by beckton »

The West Ham statement was just read out on Sky News 20 minutes ago as if it had just been released.

There news team must have just got in from a night shift of digging around in peoples dustbins. :D
Yorkshire 'ammer

Post by Yorkshire 'ammer »

Will Tottenham be able to make reference to these allegations during their oral hearing at the High Court, and if so, will we have someone present to counter said allegations?
Simply Moore

Post by Simply Moore »

I woke up this morning dreading listening to this Sunday Times story, imagining lots of "no comments" coming from the west ham camp but to my very pleasant surprise we have come back all guns blazing. It's such a breath of fresh air to be on the front foot in a legal entaglement for once!

I loved the statement on our OS, just loved it. I wonder if spurs had a realistion that they had gone too far after seeing the story to go to print in the ST thus released the "we are asking for government funding to stat put" to try to potray they had given up on the OS, just seems like strange timing after perusing the OS relentlessly.

Wonder how the Parker transfer will unfold now too, he may be a little in limbo?
Hammer110

Post by Hammer110 »

Yorkshire 'ammer wrote:Will Tottenham be able to make reference to these allegations during their oral hearing at the High Court, and if so, will we have someone present to counter said allegations?
Isn't illegally obtained evidence normally inadmissible in court.
TK-nufc

Post by TK-nufc »

Simply Moore wrote: Wonder how the Parker transfer will unfold now too, he may be a little in limbo?
For your sake, I hope Parker thinks so - he might choose to listen to the team abroad (was it Fenerbahce?) then - meaning you get over the odds moneywise and with the added bonus of not improving a team that you don't like.
:raver: ?
davids cross
Uncle David
Has liked: 674 likes
Total likes: 1289 likes

Post by davids cross »

MacGill wrote:Shameful. Utterly shameful headlines.

R.I.P. the spirit and class of West Ham United.

What has happened to my club!?

Until anything is proven against us Scott, the only shame and lack of class belongs at the gate of Tottenham Hotspur.
HomertonSpur

Post by HomertonSpur »

Thank goodness for that. I was getting worried you lot were going to balls up the Olympic Stadium thing at the 11th hour.

OS? No thanks.
smuts
Has liked: 1499 likes
Total likes: 1440 likes

Post by smuts »

****ing Levy....what an odious little twerp.

If we sell Parker to the Spuds....then it beggars belief.
MADMOORE

Post by MADMOORE »

Maybe this part is relevant

"The investigators obtained access to utility bills, credit reports and also the bank statements of both Knight and Tompkins. Such practices are a breach of data protection law when carried out for commercial reasons. A spokesman for the information commissioner said investigators may have a public interest defence if they are exposing corruption."

This seems to be The Times running with this, I would assume Spurs knew about it but if that was so and it had grounds then they would have used it in court ?