Taster at Roma

All you need to know about West Ham United FC's potential move to Stratford.

Moderators: Romford, Rio, Gnome, Northern Paulo, Lost Hammer, bonehead, chalks, goes2eleven, Alf Garnett's (Ex) Missus, bristolhammerfc, Wheels, sicknote

Re: Taster at Roma

Postby Pop Robson on Fri Oct 07, 2011 7:32 pm

The Rebirth wrote:I suppose you're right Pop but still even if they don't sing getting the kids in is still a priority they're the future.

Thing is people keep using the Souless Bowl argument they're forgetting that the only reason it would be souless is partly down to them.

Still I look forward to the designs whenever we are clear to go public with them!!


No really, there are souless because people don't like them, build a proper stadium with the punters at heart and they will come

West Ham are getting the kids in still with the ST prices and matchday deals, but without any success and a massive price increase when they hit 21 it's hard to kept them, plenty of other things to do nowdays

Brady mentioned busing in 5000 kids from the wilds of Essex, some of will have to dragged kicking and screaming !
User avatar
Pop Robson
 
Posts: 13263
Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2003 9:12 pm

Re: Taster at Roma

Postby The Rebirth on Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:59 pm

Pop Robson wrote:
No really, there are souless because people don't like them, build a proper stadium with the punters at heart and they will come

West Ham are getting the kids in still with the ST prices and matchday deals, but without any success and a massive price increase when they hit 21 it's hard to kept them, plenty of other things to do nowdays

Brady mentioned busing in 5000 kids from the wilds of Essex, some of will have to dragged kicking and screaming !


In all honesty Pop we have a proper stadium now? and like you said we do not generate much noise now. My step dad who used to go watch Man United the 70s whenever they visited said to me recently he's never seen Upton Park so open or so quiet!

I think that the OS can and will work I think we might get a surprise if we get promoted and some cash rich people come into the club it might add some funds to our stadium conversion plans of course this isn't a certainty but I'm sure someone 'ITK' has mentioned that some people are interested providing we're in the Premier League!

I can honestly say so far I have only met 1 maybe 2 people against the move everyone I've spoken to has been for the move. This is in the ground or at the pub at games.
User avatar
The Rebirth
It's all about the confidence
 
Posts: 6238
Joined: Thu Nov 09, 2006 12:59 pm
Location: With the greatest respect to women, football is the most beautiful thing in the world - Slaven Bilić

Re: Taster at Roma

Postby mywhufc on Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:31 pm

The Rebirth wrote:
In all honesty Pop we have a proper stadium now? and like you said we do not generate much noise now. My step dad who used to go watch Man United the 70s whenever they visited said to me recently he's never seen Upton Park so open or so quiet!

I think that the OS can and will work I think we might get a surprise if we get promoted and some cash rich people come into the club it might add some funds to our stadium conversion plans of course this isn't a certainty but I'm sure someone 'ITK' has mentioned that some people are interested providing we're in the Premier League!

I can honestly say so far I have only met 1 maybe 2 people against the move everyone I've spoken to has been for the move. This is in the ground or at the pub at games.

Ifs and buts that's all you can come up with, your trouble is you believe the club too much.
As for only 1 or 2 I handed in a petition to the club with nearly 3,000 names on gathered from outside the ground last season, perhaps you see us outside collecting them.
User avatar
mywhufc
 
Posts: 2683
Joined: Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:25 pm

Re: Taster at Roma

Postby The Rebirth on Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:18 pm

mywhufc wrote:Ifs and buts that's all you can come up with, your trouble is you believe the club too much.
As for only 1 or 2 I handed in a petition to the club with nearly 3,000 names on gathered from outside the ground last season, perhaps you see us outside collecting them.


Mr Kahn I don't believe there are any ifs or buts about me? You're trying to adopt this aggressive stance with me or anyone pro.

At the end of the day why would I have any reason not to believe the club? In fact I am only relaying what other posters have said on here their ideas and thoughs.

I haven't said anything that should be taken as a fact? I am posting my thoughts and ideas.

No I never but then again you conducted your little campaign at a time when Spurs where not involved we quickly saw on here that the tide quickly changed.

You have some distrust of the club over what? Nothing?
User avatar
The Rebirth
It's all about the confidence
 
Posts: 6238
Joined: Thu Nov 09, 2006 12:59 pm
Location: With the greatest respect to women, football is the most beautiful thing in the world - Slaven Bilić

Re: Taster at Roma

Postby mywhufc on Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:14 pm

The Rebirth wrote:
Mr Kahn I don't believe there are any ifs or buts about me? You're trying to adopt this aggressive stance with me or anyone pro.

At the end of the day why would I have any reason not to believe the club? In fact I am only relaying what other posters have said on here their ideas and thoughs.

I haven't said anything that should be taken as a fact? I am posting my thoughts and ideas.

No I never but then again you conducted your little campaign at a time when Spurs where not involved we quickly saw on here that the tide quickly changed.

You have some distrust of the club over what? Nothing?

I would normally say don't take it personally, but with you I think it may be.
1 reason not to trust the club, consultation, they said they would as yet nothing,
As for the spurs comment, wrong again, I didn't start the petition outside the ground until the Wigan game which was at the end of November after spurs had thrown there hat into the ring.
As why I distrust the club, nothing they have said to me in the meeting I had with them has happened, they say whatever to keep the fans happy, yet nothing but 1 crappy computer picture has been released.
How you can have claimed to be against the move at first but swayed after talking to the club I just can't work out
User avatar
mywhufc
 
Posts: 2683
Joined: Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:25 pm

Re: Taster at Roma

Postby Pop Robson on Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:52 pm

The Rebirth wrote:In all honesty Pop we have a proper stadium now? and like you said we do not generate much noise now. My step dad who used to go watch Man United the 70s whenever they visited said to me recently he's never seen Upton Park so open or so quiet!

I can honestly say so far I have only met 1 maybe 2 people against the move everyone I've spoken to has been for the move. This is in the ground or at the pub at games.


Yes

err we're way more noisy when we play man utd, always

the OS will be more open and more quite, did the 1 or 2 against the move mention that ?

you still on the wind up :lol:
User avatar
Pop Robson
 
Posts: 13263
Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2003 9:12 pm

Re: Taster at Roma

Postby The Rebirth on Sat Oct 08, 2011 12:05 am

Pop Robson wrote:
Yes

err we're way more noisy when we play man utd, always

the OS will be more open and more quite, did the 1 or 2 against the move mention that ?

you still on the wind up :lol:


No mate honestly I'm not I'd rather have a discussion than a row.

with the Man United thing when we played them (in the league) last we were nothing to shout home about!

last time UP was buzzing was the Millwall game I think or maybe Man Utd in the cup!
User avatar
The Rebirth
It's all about the confidence
 
Posts: 6238
Joined: Thu Nov 09, 2006 12:59 pm
Location: With the greatest respect to women, football is the most beautiful thing in the world - Slaven Bilić

Re: Taster at Roma

Postby The Rebirth on Sat Oct 08, 2011 12:12 am

mywhufc wrote:[
I would normally say don't take it personally, but with you I think it may be.
1 reason not to trust the club, consultation, they said they would as yet nothing,
As for the spurs comment, wrong again, I didn't start the petition outside the ground until the Wigan game which was at the end of November after spurs had thrown there hat into the ring.
As why I distrust the club, nothing they have said to me in the meeting I had with them has happened, they say whatever to keep the fans happy, yet nothing but 1 crappy computer picture has been released.
How you can have claimed to be against the move at first but swayed after talking to the club I just can't work out



Surely you're smart enough to realise that the club (who on many occasions) has said they cannot share anything with the fans due to the process? Yet you base that as a reason to distrust them? Laughable Nige laughable! Now with Spurs granted a Judicial review it's put that on hold even further!!

Spurs registered an interest and the fans on here switched as soon as the new poll was up! it's simple!

Because I do not let sentiment cloud my vision. I totally understand where some people are coming from but also I can see they're looking at it from a selfish point of view me? all I talk about is getting the kids in that's what I think about when I think of moving to the OS the future. It is a once in a lifetime chance for our club and if you cannot see that then I'm sorry but I can't work that out.

I do however have a habit of making a cock up of things when I post on here sometimes! You had Romford give you a hard time I had many more so trust me when I say this I do not take it personally!!
User avatar
The Rebirth
It's all about the confidence
 
Posts: 6238
Joined: Thu Nov 09, 2006 12:59 pm
Location: With the greatest respect to women, football is the most beautiful thing in the world - Slaven Bilić

Re: Taster at Roma

Postby Pop Robson on Sat Oct 08, 2011 10:13 am

The Rebirth wrote:No mate honestly I'm not I'd rather have a discussion than a row.

with the Man United thing when we played them (in the league) last we were nothing to shout home about!

last time UP was buzzing was the Millwall game I think or maybe Man Utd in the cup!


Yeah it was dead quite when the bottom of the table club went 2-0 up against the league leaders, were you there ? :?
User avatar
Pop Robson
 
Posts: 13263
Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2003 9:12 pm

Re: Taster at Roma

Postby The Rebirth on Sat Oct 08, 2011 10:49 am

Pop Robson wrote:
Yeah it was dead quite when the bottom of the table club went 2-0 up against the league leaders, were you there ? :?


Was it when they started their fight back Pop? No the usual '****ing dog ****' comments rang out!

I think when I define an atmosphere I mean throughout the game not 20 mins.

You're old enough to remember the Forest FA Cup game fans singing constantly that to me is an atmosphere. Not 20 mins then back to sighs and boos
User avatar
The Rebirth
It's all about the confidence
 
Posts: 6238
Joined: Thu Nov 09, 2006 12:59 pm
Location: With the greatest respect to women, football is the most beautiful thing in the world - Slaven Bilić

Re: Taster at Roma

Postby hadleighhammer on Sat Oct 08, 2011 11:41 am

The Rebirth wrote:I think that the OS can and will work I think we might get a surprise if we get promoted and some cash rich people come into the club it might add some funds to our stadium conversion plans


Why would we need a some cash rich people for the stadium conversion plans if G&S&B plans for it are fine? Or are you saying they're not fine and you're hoping we get some billionaire in to fix it?

Personally, when football clubs take the risk of moving into a brand new stadium I would expect it to be fit for purpose already and not stick my hopes on wishful thinking and billionaire arabs being the solution.
User avatar
hadleighhammer
 
Posts: 8145
Joined: Tue Apr 13, 2004 6:18 pm
Location: On my computer trying to keep up with the Sky fixture changes

Re: Taster at Roma

Postby hadleighhammer on Sat Oct 08, 2011 11:56 am

The Rebirth wrote:Surely you're smart enough to realise that the club (who on many occasions) has said they cannot share anything with the fans due to the process? Yet you base that as a reason to distrust them? Laughable Nige laughable! Now with Spurs granted a Judicial review it's put that on hold even further!!


Spurs released their whole stadium design rebuild in the bidding process, including removal of running track. Why can't G&S&B do the same? I think it's because their design is the images revealed, with track, and they don't want the media picking up on any adverse reaction from the fans.

Not as laughable as the constant "the stadium will be fine and we should trust G&S&B, they're fans don't ya know" line you take based more on wishful thinking than facts as the plans haven't been revealed. I would look back at your previous laughable posts but they're mysteriously disappeared.

Spurs registered an interest and the fans on here switched as soon as the new poll was up! it's simple!


Exactly. People on here were against it from the first poll, then they voted more so Sp*rs didn't get it more than any desire for the stadium. With Sp*rs court actions they now have zero chance of getting the stadium. It's now upto us whether we want it or UK Athletics keep it as their own and their own alone. I say let UK Athletics keep it.

Because I do not let sentiment cloud my vision.


Maybe not sentiment but wishful hopes based on no facts driven by the desire for success and billionaire owners over everything else certainly do.

All this sentiment stuff is b*llocks anyway yet keeps getting brought up. I'm not clouded by sentiment. I'm happy with moving and supported the Parcelforce move as that was a fit for purpose, purpose built football stadium. The OS isn't, however much wishful thinking and dressing up you want to throw in.

I totally understand where some people are coming from but also I can see they're looking at it from a selfish point of view me? all I talk about is getting the kids in that's what I think about when I think of moving to the OS the future. It is a once in a lifetime chance for our club and if you cannot see that then I'm sorry but I can't work that out.


Rubbish. You want it so we can get some billionaire and some silverware, sod whether there a running track and the majority of support is toursist and day trippers. That's just as selfish point of view.
User avatar
hadleighhammer
 
Posts: 8145
Joined: Tue Apr 13, 2004 6:18 pm
Location: On my computer trying to keep up with the Sky fixture changes

Re: Taster at Roma

Postby Hammer110 on Sat Oct 08, 2011 12:32 pm

hadleighhammer wrote:
Spurs released their whole stadium design rebuild in the bidding process, including removal of running track.

.


Did they? Or did they just produce an artists impression of the Northumberland Avenue project on the OS site, least that's what it looked like to me. And full details of that were already in the public domain.
User avatar
Hammer110
 
Posts: 2482
Joined: Mon Sep 04, 2006 11:56 pm
Location: Looking forward to the new season, new league, new challenges, bring it on. 父 父

Re: Taster at Roma

Postby The Rebirth on Sat Oct 08, 2011 12:46 pm

hadleighhammer wrote:
Rubbish. You want it so we can get some billionaire and some silverware, sod whether there a running track and the majority of support is toursist and day trippers. That's just as selfish point of view.


Ok then HH whatever you say mate. When have I said I want a billionaire and trophies? Never. I am basically highlighting what some ITK posters have put on here before about cash rich people coming on board. I haven't said I WANT TO BUY SUCCESS have I? In fact all I've talked about with regards to the OS mainly is lower the costs and getting the kids in. I couldn't care less if we won anything or not.

So far we're not allowed to bring up age or sentiment according to you it's b*llocks.

Oh and West Ham have produced exactly what Spurs did a mock up of the inside and out.

All Spurs did witht he OS was dump the Northumberland project ontop of the Olympic Park.... Not exactly the same situation we're in is it?

You and Mr Kahn keep up your distrust and hatred based on fantasy :thup: I'll keep mine too if thats what you want to call it.
User avatar
The Rebirth
It's all about the confidence
 
Posts: 6238
Joined: Thu Nov 09, 2006 12:59 pm
Location: With the greatest respect to women, football is the most beautiful thing in the world - Slaven Bilić

Re: Taster at Roma

Postby hadleighhammer on Sat Oct 08, 2011 3:08 pm

The Rebirth wrote:Ok then HH whatever you say mate. When have I said I want a billionaire and trophies? Never. I am basically highlighting what some ITK posters have put on here before about cash rich people coming on board. I haven't said I WANT TO BUY SUCCESS have I? In fact all I've talked about with regards to the OS mainly is lower the costs and getting the kids in. I couldn't care less if we won anything or not.

So far we're not allowed to bring up age or sentiment according to you it's b***ocks.

Oh and West Ham have produced exactly what Spurs did a mock up of the inside and out.

All Spurs did witht he OS was dump the Northumberland project ontop of the Olympic Park.... Not exactly the same situation we're in is it?

You and Mr Kahn keep up your distrust and hatred based on fantasy :thup: I'll keep mine too if thats what you want to call it.


You said only a couple of posts ago

"I think we might get a surprise if we get promoted and some cash rich people come into the club it might add some funds to our stadium conversion plans"


Now you may not emphatically say it, but you're certainly alluding to, as posters like Gavrosh and others have openly admitted they feel is an important reason for the move, that the OS is far more likely to bring us a billionaire. And you didn't answer my post on this comment.

This sentiment stuff is b*llocks. It's a crap dig at those against the move that has no validity (certainly in my case at least). Is MYWHUFC ok with a move away from the BG as long as it is with fans consultation and is purpose built?

Sp*rs would've taken the proposed site and rebuilt it, or at least very close to that design, on the OS site. There was a statement the running track would go. That we know, which is more than we know about our own bid apart from the track will stay and we only have £90m to make updates/tweeks, as that is all they will be. Our images inside the stadium disguise if we will have a running track. How can G&S&B accept to be tenants yet they have no idea what the plans are as it's out to tender? What if none of the proposals would suit what the supporters would want, do you reckon they'll say "thanks but no thanks" to the OS? b*llocks they would. They'll plough ahead as the move to the OS improves the value of their asset, short term at least. That is why I have no faith in this lot doing what's best for the supporters.

Mine is based on what I know or can reasonably expect will be the case (e.g. we will have a running track, we won't own the stadium, we will target the tourist over the regular supporter with the end to STs already being openly admitted to, etc) and also G&S&B's other actions, not words or constantly reaffirming they're fans (e.g. undermining managers, undermining STHs, their media-whore like pursuit of personal publicity, etc). I was there cheering their name at Brum away like of course I'm sure you were. Then they joined and have ACTED like *****. I was wrong on them, and that Brum bloke who had the piss ripped out of him was right on a number of things.

Apart from wishful thinking, what makes you think London's 4th biggest club will need a 60k stadium (the same size as Arsenal, Sp*rs and Chelsea propose) by 2020 (i.e. after the novelty wears off for the likes of people's missus who all of a sudden want to watch West Ham at the OS) and one we have to pay rent on? What do you reckon the % will be long-term supporters who regulalry go home and/or away whatever division we're in, and what % will be day-trippers to fill 60k? What paid ticket attendance would we get if we're Prem top half/mid table (a pretty good position for us) playing Wigan on a cold Tuesday in February? I've heard responses mainly with nothing but wishful thinking, dreams of arab billionaires, and "just like it and lump it", to make me think actually this move could be a good thing.
User avatar
hadleighhammer
 
Posts: 8145
Joined: Tue Apr 13, 2004 6:18 pm
Location: On my computer trying to keep up with the Sky fixture changes

Re: Taster at Roma

Postby The Rebirth on Sat Oct 08, 2011 3:21 pm

hadleighhammer wrote:
Now you may not emphatically say it, but you're certainly alluding to, as posters like Gavrosh and others have openly admitted they feel is an important reason for the move, that the OS is far more likely to bring us a billionaire. And you didn't answer my post on this comment.


Yes its my IDEA it's not definitely going to happen... Did I say yes it's a fact and its going to happen. No. I cannot be arsed to go through the threads but people are being sounded out if our ITKs are anything to go by. If you want to take that as gospel and go off on one then be my guest.

I don't want to become the next Man City I am happy being West Ham United in the OS, if you don't like it don't go? Simple? no matter how much you whinge kick and scream it will not change that.
User avatar
The Rebirth
It's all about the confidence
 
Posts: 6238
Joined: Thu Nov 09, 2006 12:59 pm
Location: With the greatest respect to women, football is the most beautiful thing in the world - Slaven Bilić

Re: Taster at Roma

Postby Pop Robson on Sun Oct 09, 2011 1:46 pm

The Rebirth wrote:Was it when they started their fight back Pop? No the usual 'f***ing dog sh*t' comments rang out!

I think when I define an atmosphere I mean throughout the game not 20 mins.

You're old enough to remember the Forest FA Cup game fans singing constantly that to me is an atmosphere. Not 20 mins then back to sighs and boos


Times changed with Sky and premier league

If your not getting the atmosphere now there isn't a cats chance in hell it will happen in OS, accept it will be very quite and cold !!
User avatar
Pop Robson
 
Posts: 13263
Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2003 9:12 pm

Re: Taster at Roma

Postby The Rebirth on Sun Oct 09, 2011 2:28 pm

Pop Robson wrote:
Times changed with Sky and premier league

If your not getting the atmosphere now there isn't a cats chance in hell it will happen in OS, accept it will be very quite and cold !!


Quite possibly mate.

But who knows? I live in hope.

Wait till we get some of our 'Ultras' :lol:
User avatar
The Rebirth
It's all about the confidence
 
Posts: 6238
Joined: Thu Nov 09, 2006 12:59 pm
Location: With the greatest respect to women, football is the most beautiful thing in the world - Slaven Bilić

Re: Taster at Roma

Postby EvilC on Sun Oct 09, 2011 5:52 pm

The Rebirth wrote:For all of you saying you will go 'give it a try' are not going to be won over.

You need to think about the bigger picture and not just yourself to really get a feel for it.

Also as mentioned 100x before it will be souless if WE make it souless. Nobody else is to blame for that not the shape not the running track.

Once the kids come back in I reckon the stadium will be rocking.


Should I just pretend it is going to be awesome with no evidence to the contrary? Fine, I'm not going to be won over. The club hasn't really made much effort to win me over, so that can't come as much of a surprise.

Also, are you suggesting that having a running track will have no impact, positive or negative, on any atmosphere?
User avatar
EvilC
 
Posts: 7790
Joined: Sun Jul 25, 2004 5:54 pm
Location: In the street as the cold wind blows, in the ghetto...

Re: Taster at Roma

Postby The Rebirth on Sun Oct 09, 2011 6:19 pm

EvilC wrote:
Should I just pretend it is going to be awesome with no evidence to the contrary? Fine, I'm not going to be won over. The club hasn't really made much effort to win me over, so that can't come as much of a surprise.

Also, are you suggesting that having a running track will have no impact, positive or negative, on any atmosphere?


No I am saying keep an open mind.

How can you blame the club for failing to win you over? When they're unable to consult or even talk with us further until the Judicial review is over.

Basically you're just on a list of people who will and do hate it regardless, that's fine each to their own.

And if I'm honest if we get a good crowd due to tickets being cheaper then no. If we just end up with the all old farts (the ones with the money) who turn up every week like we get now who just sit there and ****ing moan all game then yes. I have a feeling and it is generally a fear of mine that we will end up with the latter.

We will be Arsenal mark II ask anyone was Arsenal a nice place to go 30 odd years ago? No it wasn't so look at it now! Silent, **** and you can do whatever you want without fear of the locals £1000 season tickets for people with money... If we could sell ours for a 3rd of that we would, in my mind fill the ground. We have the fans it's just £ signs get in peoples eyes. They need to reconnect with the every day working fan who is on 10-11k PA

All my best mates back home are Arsenal fans they cannot afford to go but if Arsenal needed to (which they don't) they could drop their prices and get another 20k no probs, it's just they would have nowhere to put them currently!
User avatar
The Rebirth
It's all about the confidence
 
Posts: 6238
Joined: Thu Nov 09, 2006 12:59 pm
Location: With the greatest respect to women, football is the most beautiful thing in the world - Slaven Bilić

PreviousNext

Return to The Olympic Stadium

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests

cron