Protest Meeting Arranged

An archive of news, events and discussion leading up to and post West Ham United's historic move from Upton Park to Stratford in 2016.

Moderators: Gnome, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Doc H Ball
Has liked: 915 likes
Total likes: 1914 likes

Re: Protest Meeting Arranged

Post by Doc H Ball »

http://www.newsnow.co.uk/A/526851878?-19872" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

All getting very messy.

Another item on the agenda on Thursday might me a formal complaint to the Govt regarding their own recommendations not being followed.
beckton

Post by beckton »

Paul Kelso, as he ever got anything good to say about West Ham?

Reading his previous articles on the Olympic Stadium he was obviously close to the Spurs bid as that's where his info seemed to be coming from.
steptoe61

Post by steptoe61 »

I for one will not be attending as i dont care whether we stay or go.
jaybs
Has liked: 21 likes
Total likes: 8 likes

Post by jaybs »

I am sure a lot of us accept that the Olympic Stadium is not the idea football ground with the running track, but what more can we do with Upton Park, could we ever increase it to 40,000 or even 50,000, the answer I feel is No! so what do we do if we are ever going to have high aims to increase attendance numbers and increase in revenue.

It should be stated now that the Olympic Stadium has to be left as a minimum of 60,000 and then see Barry Hearn and then he can see his claim Orient's attendances played their part in success with an average of 4,937 fans in 2009/2010 watcing League games up from 4,691 in 2008/09. - What a Total Joke!
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place
Has liked: 748 likes
Total likes: 3444 likes

Post by Up the Junction »

beckton wrote:Paul Kelso, as he ever got anything good to say about West Ham?
That whole article is based on the presumption that WHUFC moving to Stratford would be a bad move. I think you're right to suggest possible ulterior motives.
the pink palermo
Huge noggin
Has liked: 758 likes
Total likes: 2937 likes

Post by the pink palermo »

Interesting that Kelso has picked up on the "what if the 2017 championships go to Qatar" angle , which we were discussing on one of the threads on here last week .

I wrote at the time that Spurs will keep their powder dry until that decision is made - and if those games go to Qatar I expect Spurs to return to central Government offereing to buy the OS , banging the value for the taxpayer drum .

As for Kelso's other comments, they are crap .We don't own the Boleyn - it's charged to the banks .The Icelandics effectively "sold" it .
Pop Robson
Has liked: 34 likes
Total likes: 15 likes

Post by Pop Robson »

jaybs wrote:I am sure a lot of us accept that the Olympic Stadium is not the idea football ground with the running track, but what more can we do with Upton Park, could we ever increase it to 40,000 or even 50,000, the answer I feel is No! so what do we do if we are ever going to have high aims to increase attendance numbers and increase in revenue.

It should be stated now that the Olympic Stadium has to be left as a minimum of 60,000 and then see Barry Hearn and then he can see his claim Orient's attendances played their part in success with an average of 4,937 fans in 2009/2010 watcing League games up from 4,691 in 2008/09. - What a Total Joke!
40,356 or thereabouts was a done deal

New ground proper football groung would be the best bet, alas wrong time financially as it is to move to a temporary athletics stadium.

Maybe the club should look into acquiring some land, just in case
the pink palermo
Huge noggin
Has liked: 758 likes
Total likes: 2937 likes

Post by the pink palermo »

Doc H Ball wrote:I don't personally want to be a part of any protest against the O.S., although that is for discussion I guess. I want a full and fair poll before commitment to be arranged by the club or some form of independent poll of around 20-25,000 people arranged.
I agree with you there Doc, 100% .

I don't want the clubs name dragged through the mud, don't want to disrupt the team , I just want an honest consultation process .

They conduct one every summer when they ask me if I would like to renew my ST , so I'm on their database .

Or at least I am at the moment .

I am utterly convinced our owners have committed to retain a track to get the OS cheaply .I have no doubt at some point they would seek to change the terms of the deal to remove it , but to be frank , I think that's shabby .

Just be honest .If they want a stadium, with no track, just say so , and bid head to head with Spurs .

The entire OPLC is a red herring .It's a Government Quango - they'll do as they are told by Downing Street .
mushy
Has liked: 640 likes
Total likes: 839 likes

Post by mushy »

MD_HM wrote: No my point if you have a decent seat at UP now then you will get a decent seat at the OS if you want one (there's enough to go around) so considering that my biggest concern is branding.

I have a decent seat now, its in the second row from the front of the Rio lower, I reckon I am about 12-15 feet from the action.
Where abouts will the equivalent decenmt seat be on the O/S?
mushy
Has liked: 640 likes
Total likes: 839 likes

Post by mushy »

jonnyboy wrote:A friend of mine is a Fulham season ticket holder and he has been invited to Craven Cottage by the club this week for a meeting/presentation/interactive feedback session regarding a proposed redevelopment of the ground and 'his' stand in particular...

Nice idea...
OMG, are they thinking of relocating the statue already?
Headtheball

Post by Headtheball »

Even if Qatar get the 2017 championship, there is always 2019 and 2021 etc. UK athletics have always wanted a centrepiece legacy of a national stadium which they haven't had in the past. They don't want Crystal Palace no matter how much it's revamped due to the crap transport links. So, the OS will always have a running track no matter what. I hope that this will put Spurs off in the end.
Doc H Ball

Post by Doc H Ball »

Had quite a few KUMBers pm me to confirm attendance and swap mobile numbers. Anyone else feel free to do so.

As earlier stated, the more the merrier and the more opinions the better.
Pop Robson
Has liked: 34 likes
Total likes: 15 likes

Post by Pop Robson »

mushy wrote: I have a decent seat now, its in the second row from the front of the Rio lower, I reckon I am about 12-15 feet from the action.
Where abouts will the equivalent decenmt seat be on the O/S?
This old post will give you some idea

http://www.kumb.com/forum/viewtopic.php ... +distances" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
terrapinstation

Post by terrapinstation »

Nice meeting those in attendance :thup:
hadleighhammer
Gentrified
Location: On my computer trying to keep up with the Sky fixture changes
Has liked: 11 likes
Total likes: 8 likes

Post by hadleighhammer »

Headtheball wrote: So, the OS will always have a running track no matter what. I hope that this will put Spurs off in the end.
And us aswell?
tonbridge iron

Post by tonbridge iron »

So please..we are all waiting...how many turned up..?
Doc H Ball

Post by Doc H Ball »

Thanks to those that attended and those that have agreed to help. I think we had a constructive and balanced gathering.

We will be publicising the result of the meeting on Monday.

:crest:
paulhs1
Has liked: 1736 likes
Total likes: 1482 likes

Post by paulhs1 »

A very productive meeting, glad I came along :thup:
gavrosh

Post by gavrosh »

So that's two?

Popular Front?