Protest Meeting Arranged

An archive of news, events and discussion leading up to and post West Ham United's historic move from Upton Park to Stratford in 2016.

Moderators: Gnome, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Doc H Ball
Has liked: 917 likes
Total likes: 1919 likes

Protest Meeting Arranged

Post by Doc H Ball »

A number of posters on here and elsewhere have arranged a meeting for 7pm on Thursday 20th October upstairs at Hamilton Hall, Liverpool Street.

The general intent is to arrange some form of protest at the lack of proper consultation about a move to the O.S. before a decision is taken to bid.

There is, obviously, a range of thoughts on this subject but the meeting is for those that want, at least, a full and independent survey of loyal fans' opinions.

Everyone is welcome - the more the merrier.

COYI!
Sweeney Bod
Shirley Temple

Re: Protest Meeting Arranged

Post by Sweeney Bod »

I will certainly "pop" along
Yea Why Not
Location: Chips & Gravy you say? Well you can shove that up your ass

Post by Yea Why Not »

We should all take part in a dirty protest at the next home game

David Charlton style
MD_HM
Has liked: 38 likes
Total likes: 339 likes

Post by MD_HM »

Maybe should do it on a non match day....

As it then ....

Doesnt detract the focus from our bid for promotion...

Means less people jumping on the bandwagon.....

Means anyone involved has given up time to go to the ground and protest, oppose to doing it as their at the game anyway.

Also please dont create any banners than doesnt caveat the fact its not the opinion of all West Ham fans :lol:
the pink palermo
Huge noggin
Has liked: 759 likes
Total likes: 2942 likes

Post by the pink palermo »

MD_HM wrote:.

Also please dont create any banners than doesnt caveat the fact its not the opinion of all West Ham fans
And yet you remain opposed to the club conducting a proper consultation process or ballot . :think:
paulhs1
Has liked: 1736 likes
Total likes: 1483 likes

Post by paulhs1 »

MD_HM wrote:Maybe should do it on a non match day....

As it then ....

Doesnt detract the focus from our bid for promotion...

Means less people jumping on the bandwagon.....

Means anyone involved has given up time to go to the ground and protest, oppose to doing it as their at the game anyway.

Also please dont create any banners than doesnt caveat the fact its not the opinion of all West Ham fans :lol:
I've got to say that I am at a loss as to why any West ham fan (pro or anti) would not want to be consulted and possibly have a say in what is the biggest decision in the clubs 100 year history, makes no sense!
e1hammer
Total likes: 3 likes

Post by e1hammer »

Good work :thup:

You don't thousands of people to run a campaign well, just a committed few.

See you there.
MD_HM

Post by MD_HM »

In my opinion it is a noisy minority that are "100%" against the move under all circumstances.

The recent survey set up (over 200 responses) showed 32% were generally against the move, and nearly 80% would choose to move there if the conditions were right.

So there are 20% of people that would not want to move to the Olympic Stadium even if the track was removed, new seating in place and was totally branded West Ham.

This tells me they just want to stay where we are for the sake of it and will not change there mind however good the move is for the club.

My own view on the move is actually split – unless they are going to brand it then I don’t want to move

I don’t think you can conduct a ballot without disclosing the plans which they can not do at present or don’t know themselves what they can or can not do.

What’s the point of a ballot that just asks do you want to move? You will have people in the 20% just saying no for the sake of it.
paulhs1
Has liked: 1736 likes
Total likes: 1483 likes

Post by paulhs1 »

I think it safe to say that 200 responses is not enough to give a conclusive result especially when you take into account that the other poll on this site is showing that 75% are against the move.
The only way to get a true figure is by having all season ticket holders and academy members give their views as a couple of hundred responses will show us nothing.
Doc H Ball
Has liked: 917 likes
Total likes: 1919 likes

Post by Doc H Ball »

paulhs1 wrote:The only way to get a true figure is by having all season ticket holders and academy members give their views.
This is why I will be at the meeting. To see if people can initiate some wording of a fair poll and to discuss how to force the club to carry one out.

If they won't, then perhaps one can be arranged and then publicized?

I can't really understand why when all that's being suggested is a meeting of supporters to agree something like that, then there is a flood of accusations and cynicism.

I got called a 'treacherous ****' for starting this thread, which was nice. Bet the bloke who said it didn't go to Grimsby away one wet cold December Wednesday. Either put up or shut up people.
Rays Rock
Has liked: 46 likes
Total likes: 104 likes

Post by Rays Rock »

A protest in London,

That sounds original ! Headbanger
prophet:marginal
Has liked: 836 likes
Total likes: 1980 likes

Post by prophet:marginal »

MD_HM wrote:
I don’t think you can conduct a ballot without disclosing the plans which they can not do at present or don’t know themselves what they can or can not do.

What’s the point of a ballot that just asks do you want to move? You will have people in the 20% just saying no for the sake of it.
Its all about opinions, so I'm not directly calling you out, but...

...How a place where I watch my team is 'branded' is in fact a matter to which I'd previously given no thought.

Are you saying that, if, for instance, it were branded to your taste, but the best view was worse than what you get on the dark side of the moon, the back of the DMU, you'd be happy?
MD_HM

Post by MD_HM »

prophet:marginal wrote:
Its all about opinions, so I'm not directly calling you out, but...

...How a place where I watch my team is 'branded' is in fact a matter to which I'd previously given no thought.

Are you saying that, if, for instance, it were branded to your taste, but the best view was worse than what you get on the dark side of the moon, the back of the DMU, you'd be happy?
No my point if you have a decent seat at UP now then you will get a decent seat at the OS if you want one (there's enough to go around) so considering that my biggest concern is branding.

Was discussing the same thing with fellow season ticket holders in the DML on Saturday, people sat in the upper tiers now at UP will get a better seat at the OS too, all this without any new seating arrangements.

Yes a lot of seats will be worse, but not those filled by todays season ticket holders for example and as I have previously said I dont care where others sit and will they really mind if they have got to see a premiership game for £10 for example.

If you pay thousands for a holiday then you expect top quality however if you get a last min deal for £100 all inclusive, even if its not great its reflective on what you pay.
the pink palermo
Huge noggin

MD_HM wrote:No my point if you have a decent seat at UP now then you will get a decent seat at the OS if you want one (there's enough to go around) so considering that my biggest concern is branding.

Was discussing the same thing with fellow season ticket holders in the DML on Saturday, people sat in the upper tiers now at UP will get a better seat at the OS too, all this without any new seating arrangements.
Sorry, but there is no evidence to support either of those comments .I attended the FF where DG made the first comment - but just because he said it, doesn't make it accurate .The simple fact is even he, in the Directors box, will be much further away from the pitch than currently .
As for the second comment, I sit in the Rio upper, half way line,immediately behind the Directors box .My seat at Stratford cannot possibly be better than now.
TheAlmightyAmmer

Post by TheAlmightyAmmer »

Decent seats? If the track stays there won't be any decent seats

MD_HM

Post by MD_HM »

the pink palermo wrote:
Sorry, but there is no evidence to support either of those comments .I attended the FF where DG made the first comment - but just because he said it, doesn't make it accurate .The simple fact is even he, in the Directors box, will be much further away from the pitch than currently .
As for the second comment, I sit in the Rio upper, half way line,immediately behind the Directors box .My seat at Stratford cannot possibly be better than now.
Well if David Gold is lying then it wont take long for him to be found out...

Have you been to the OS?

I havent but friend who has a season ticket has and believes the stadium will be a good move and the photos being shown make it look a lot further away than it is.

I was at the fans forum too, i took a photo with my iphone and when i showed my father he commented on how far away it looked.... I was in the third row from the front
the pink palermo
Huge noggin

MD_HM wrote: Well if David Gold is lying then it wont take long for him to be found out...

Have you been to the OS?
Lying is your word, not mine .I deliberately chose the word accurate .

Nope - I'm on one of the infamous lists organised by the club , well over a year ago , which never materialised .

Do you believe David Gold has actually been inside the stadium ?
fmgod
Has liked: 50 likes
Total likes: 145 likes

Post by fmgod »

Also I personally think Gold and Sullivan won't be at the club long if we get the OS, big money made from Upton Park, sell the club to foreign investors who like the idea of a club playing at an Olympic Stadium etc
MD_HM

Post by MD_HM »

the pink palermo wrote:
Lying is your word, not mine .I deliberately chose the word accurate .

Nope - I'm on one of the infamous lists organised by the club , well over a year ago , which never materialised .

Do you believe David Gold has actually been inside the stadium ?
Well as you said they were his words... so if i go there and my seat isnt as good then I think he was lying.

I am also on that list so let me know if you hear anything :lol:

I would have thought that both Gold & Sullivan have been inside the stadium unless you know different?

I am of the "opinion" the track will end up being removed, I think Levy was/is of the same opinion... So after a few years this seating may very well change.

I do think the photos are misleading though, not saying ideal but i think they make it look worse and i agree the club should have released their plans for the stadium for us to see.
MD_HM

Post by MD_HM »

fmgod wrote:Also I personally think Gold and Sullivan won't be at the club long if we get the OS, big money made from Upton Park, sell the club to foreign investors who like the idea of a club playing at an Olympic Stadium etc
I thought the 30m from Upton Park was paying for the OS :think:

If they wanted it purely for money why bother having Newham as an original partner, they could have just fronted it themselves and had 100% profit? Especially as that ended up being the stumbling block.

If they get the chance to sell to a Man City type owner, they have already said they will so its not a secret