Spurs 'spying'

An archive of news, events and discussion leading up to and post West Ham United's historic move from Upton Park to Stratford in 2016.

Moderators: Gnome, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Johnny Byrne's Boots
Has liked: 1787 likes
Total likes: 2071 likes

Re: Spurs 'spying'

Post by Johnny Byrne's Boots »

Strange, isn't it. If a builder flytips a load of rubble and any of it can be traced back to me, the householder who hired him to do a job, I can get done for it. Apparently I should have ensured he disposed of the rubble properly.

Shouldn't it be the same for big business? If it wants information, it's up to the business to ensure the information is obtained legally.
beckton

Post by beckton »

Believer wrote: The annoying thing is that they will. If this was us, the press would be all over us like an unwanted dose and would be shouting from the rooftops about us being kicked out of the league, fined etc etc. They on the other hand have managed to narrow all of this AND Harry's court case down to the odd line here and there.

I thought it odd that the Sky reporter in the courtroom in her original tweet put PKF and Spurs in the frame together. It was later altered and distanced Spurs and put the onus on PKF. Maybe I'm being paranoid and it was changed for innocent reasons. :D
Mr_Andersonn

Post by Mr_Andersonn »

Any more news on this today?
Smudger1
Has liked: 17 likes

Post by Smudger1 »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-16030829" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"Tottenham and accountants "stonewalled" West Ham's vice-chairman when she tried to find out how her phone records were obtained, a High Court judge has said.

In his judgment Mr Justice Coulson said letters sent to Karren Brady were "long on words but short on information".
beckton

Post by beckton »

Better get the Sellotape out for the shredded paper.
York Ham(mer)
Has liked: 111 likes
Total likes: 149 likes

Post by York Ham(mer) »

The full judgement can been found here. The judge is rather scathing of the conduct of Spurs, their lawyers, and of course their 'accountants', PKF.
stu1
Has liked: 658 likes
Total likes: 1024 likes

Post by stu1 »

York Ham(mer) wrote:The full judgement can been found here. The judge is rather scathing of the conduct of Spurs, their lawyers, and of course their 'accountants', PKF.
Quite amusing considering PKF were the accountants we used in the Tevez saga.
Believer
Has liked: 1389 likes
Total likes: 735 likes

Post by Believer »

So is this case now closed and Totts walk free again ?
Iron-worx

Post by Iron-worx »

Believer wrote:So is this case now closed and Totts walk free again ?
It looked to me to be an order as to exactly what should and shouldn't be made available to who in the light of what happened.

I assume that once the material has been delivered up as ordered then a decision will be made as to whether a legal action should be taken with regard to the illegality.
MEM

Post by MEM »

Looks like some action at last:

Tottenham Hotspur private investigator arrested in Olympic Stadium row swoop
A private investigator retained by Tottenham Hotspur who obtained West Ham vice-chairman Karren Brady’s telephone records at the height of the Olympic Stadium bidding process has been arrested on suspicion of fraud offences.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/footba ... swoop.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;?
prophet:marginal
Has liked: 836 likes
Total likes: 1980 likes

Post by prophet:marginal »

York Ham(mer) wrote:The full judgement can been found here. The judge is rather scathing of the conduct of Spurs, their lawyers, and of course their 'accountants', PKF.
Very much so. Thanks for that; an interesting read.

Olswangs, one of THFC's firms of solicitors are a well-known international law firm. They must be gutted to be described in the terms used by the Judge. The language is reserved, as you'd expect from an experienced lawyer, but the meaning is very clear.

The other thing is the way he (the Judge) analyses how THFC's lawyers describe the accountants who were apparently investigating Brady. Takes them down a peg or twenty.
hightec

4th Arrest Made

Post by hightec »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-16612495" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Coops
Has liked: 442 likes
Total likes: 573 likes

Re: 4th Arrest Made

Post by Coops »

I want to see Levy arrested.
Pocket Pardew
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 16 likes

Post by Pocket Pardew »

It winds me up that this story is so low key. If it was either of the Daves behind this against Spurs then it would be front page news.
Chester Hammer

Post by Chester Hammer »

Nuke the C***s !!!
EvilC
Location: In the street as the cold wind blows, in the ghetto...
Has liked: 2626 likes
Total likes: 1178 likes

Post by EvilC »

Pocket Pardew wrote:It winds me up that this story is so low key. If it was either of the Daves behind this against Spurs then it would be front page news.
The Spunk Brothers have a high profile because they created it - the point you mention above is one of the downsides.
Gweddy

Post by Gweddy »

another arrest. all roads lead to tottenham... hopefully

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-16612495" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Wembley1966
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 124 likes

Post by Wembley1966 »

Interesting that David Gold on twitter is pointing people to the story:
I seem to recall (but can't find it) that at the height of the accusations, that Spurs said that they would drop their objections and to wanting a judicial review, if West Ham would not take any legal proceedings against them concerning the spying. West Ham said no, so clearly think that they've got them 'bang to rights' - and perhaps this 4th man is a bit more important that's why Gold is pointing it out.
StiffUpper
Total likes: 1 like

Post by StiffUpper »

Having been ordered, in court, to hand over any relevant documents, THFC said there were none.

Would get interesting if some were found at these addresses.
Gator_Hammer
Location: It is not guilty that man who eat the pie but one that gives it.

Post by Gator_Hammer »

I understand the criminal aspect of the proceedings, but would there be any points deductions or the like coming for violating league rules concerning behavior towards another league club?