Spurs 'spying'

An archive of news, events and discussion leading up to and post West Ham United's historic move from Upton Park to Stratford in 2016.

Moderators: Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks, Gnome

paulhs1
Has liked: 1726 likes
Total likes: 1480 likes

Re: Spurs 'spying'

Post by paulhs1 »

Does anyone still think that spurs want to bid for the Olympic stadium?
York Ham(mer)
Has liked: 111 likes
Total likes: 154 likes

Post by York Ham(mer) »

No, they're out of it.
HomertonSpur

Post by HomertonSpur »

No social housing at the NPD then........

The Club can announce that, following a meeting of the London Borough of Haringey Planning Sub-Committee on 13 February, the design improvements to the Northumberland Development Project together with the revisions to the Section 106 planning agreement have been approved.
Daniel Levy, Chairman, said:

"We are delighted with these three unanimous decisions and are grateful for the support of the Council and those right across the community who have who expressed such enthusiasm for our plans.

"We welcome the public sector coming together to further regeneration in an area with such a real need. We are proud of our roots in Tottenham and we are committed to seeking to deliver a world class new stadium, associated developments and the ensuing benefits of employment opportunities, economic uplift and community gains.

"There is still much work to be done and we shall keep everyone connected with the Club updated over the coming months with our progress.
beckton

Post by beckton »

HomertonSpur wrote:No social housing at the NPD then........

"We welcome the public sector coming together to further regeneration in an area with such a real need. We are proud of our roots in Tottenham

The hypocrisy of Spurs and their fans never comes as a surprise.

And after all those cries of state aid from the Newham loan you'd expect someone to look into state aid for a private business in a competitive industry with regards the funding and exemptions Spurs are getting. It's only fair after all. :lol:
HamburgHammer
Location: Too far away from Upton Park, Hamburg, Germany, to be precise
Has liked: 2 likes
Total likes: 7 likes

Post by HamburgHammer »

It's been an awful long time since we've heard about a fourth spy being arrested in the Spurs spy affair. Does anybody know if Spurs could in any way be punished for this ? Or have they been clever enough not to leave any traces leading to them ?
Gweddy

Post by Gweddy »

SIXTH ARREST IN OLYMPIC STADIUM INVESTIGATION
While the future of the stadium edges closer to resolution the police investigation into the rancorous bidding war between West Ham and Tottenham Hotspur continues.
The Metropolitan Police are investigating allegations by West Ham vice-chairman Karren Brady and members of the Olympic Park Legacy Company that their telephone records and other private information were illegally obtained by private investigators.
Brady and the former OPLC chairman, Margaret Ford, have alleged that the snooping was carried out by investigators hired by Tottenham during the bitter first bidding phase for the stadium.
Six people have been arrested on suspicion of fraud and data-protection offences, with the most recent arrest coming the day after the closing ceremony of the Olympic Games on Aug 13. All of those arrested are due to answer police bail before the end of the year.
Among those arrested is Howard Hill, a former partner at accountancy firm PKF, who were retained by Spurs during the original bidding process. PKF admitted in the High Court earlier this year that Hill and two colleagues had passed information including Brady’s phone records to The Sunday Times.
Hill, 57, resigned from PKF in December last year and was arrested the next month. Tottenham deny any involvement in illegal activity.
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place
Has liked: 747 likes
Total likes: 3415 likes

Post by Up the Junction »

HamburgHammer wrote:It's been an awful long time since we've heard about a fourth spy being arrested in the Spurs spy affair. Does anybody know if Spurs could in any way be punished for this ? Or have they been clever enough not to leave any traces leading to them ?
I spoke to someone heavily involved in this from the West Ham end after the Fulham game. There will be further movement soon (I'll try and clarify tomorrow).
the pink palermo
Huge noggin
Has liked: 746 likes
Total likes: 2908 likes

Post by the pink palermo »

paulhs1 wrote:Does anyone still think that spurs want to bid for the Olympic stadium?
Me .

I won't believe they will redevelop WHL anytime soon .Not as a football stadium anyway .

Levy will have something up his sleeve .
paulhs1
Has liked: 1726 likes
Total likes: 1480 likes

Post by paulhs1 »

I think I posted that in February pinkster, a lots changed since then, although your thoughts on Spurs have not waivered.....but it does appear unlikely that they are still keen on Stratford, unless the bidding process re opens again.
HamburgHammer

Post by HamburgHammer »

What about your update in "SpursSpyGate" UTJ ??? Or are you not allowed to share your info ?
Believer
Has liked: 1391 likes
Total likes: 727 likes

Post by Believer »

the pink palermo wrote:
Me .

I won't believe they will redevelop WHL anytime soon .Not as a football stadium anyway .

Levy will have something up his sleeve .
I'd say that the only way they could do so now would be to come in as a late joint bid with Orient. If they do that, I'd suggest that it would be thrown out as there is no way that G&S&B would suffer that. As much as he would like it to be - it is not one rule for Levy and another for everyone else.
They have already been offered what effects to about £40m (if I remember correctly) so to now try for the OS again could potentially lose them those promised funds.
The leech that is Hearn will end up getting something from the Govt - maybe another plot in the Olympic Park or something and that will be him gone. The only way that the Govt will get anywhere near the required legacy will be by putting us in there.

Spurs are after selling up from what I hear (or read - can't remember) so monies for a new stadium should not be an issue. I would guess that they will apply to use Wembley while their new stadium is constructed. Hopefully this will not happen for another good few years and will allow us a bit of time to get back up near them again. 60k every 2nd week in the flagship stadium with better investment and I'd say that is a favourable possibility..
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place
Has liked: 747 likes
Total likes: 3415 likes

Post by Up the Junction »

HamburgHammer wrote:What about your update in "SpursSpyGate" UTJ ???
Nothing to report, I've not bumped into the person in question since.
phukethammer

Post by phukethammer »

Daniel Levy is led down the centre of wormwood scrubs holding his piss stained blanket in front of him as hundreds of burning sheets of toilet paper descend from the floors above around his right said fred looking harry potter spectacled pale face.

finally arriving at the far Cell on the left, he eyes the top bunk and catches the eye of "Bubbles" his Husband of the next 4 years.
Last edited by phukethammer on Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Adie64
Has liked: 466 likes

Post by Adie64 »

phukethammer wrote:Daniel Levy is led down the centre of wormwood scrubs holding his piss stained blanket in front of him as hundreds of burning sheets of toilet paper descend from the floors above around his right said fred looking harry potter spectacled pale face.

finally arriving at the far Cell on the left, hes eyes the top bunk and catches the eye of "Bubbles" his Husband of the next 4 years.
If only mate! :lol:
Luke (THFC)

Post by Luke (THFC) »

Believer wrote: I'd say that the only way they could do so now would be to come in as a late joint bid with Orient. If they do that, I'd suggest that it would be thrown out as there is no way that G&S&B would suffer that. As much as he would like it to be - it is not one rule for Levy and another for everyone else.
They have already been offered what effects to about £40m (if I remember correctly) so to now try for the OS again could potentially lose them those promised funds.
The leech that is Hearn will end up getting something from the Govt - maybe another plot in the Olympic Park or something and that will be him gone. The only way that the Govt will get anywhere near the required legacy will be by putting us in there.

Spurs are after selling up from what I hear (or read - can't remember) so monies for a new stadium should not be an issue. I would guess that they will apply to use Wembley while their new stadium is constructed. Hopefully this will not happen for another good few years and will allow us a bit of time to get back up near them again. 60k every 2nd week in the flagship stadium with better investment and I'd say that is a favourable possibility..
A few points in response to this. Spurs have not been offered a penny by the government towards their new stadium. What the government have instead done is offered money towards local infrastructure improvements (i.e. paying for the revamp of local train/tube stations themselves instead of asking Spurs to fund these as part of a section 106 agreement).

As far as I'm aware the owners of Spurs are not after selling up. They are committed to seeing the new stadium development through, indeed the first part of the "Northumberland Development Project" has begun with construction of the Supermarket and offices at the North end of the site now being underway. The stadium is next (due to start at the end of this season) and then once that is complete development of the housing and commercial space at the South end of the site will commence. The design of the new Tottenham stadium is such that Spurs will play at WHL while 2 thirds to 3 quarters of the new stadium is constructed. Then Spurs will move into the new stadium (which at this stage will have a capacity greater than White Hart Lane) and play for one season while White Hart Lane is demolished with the last piece of the new stadium being completed ready for the following season.

As things stand we will be in the new (but not fully completed) stadium in 2015 with the stadium being complete in 2016. I am also hearing that there has been a slight change to the stadium design and the capacity of the stadium has been revised upwards slightly from the currently specified 56,000 to around 60,000. Although it may be that this design change is such that it is achieved via a second build phase if the demand is there to fill it as opposed to it being built this way initially. This would also mean that the planning process does not have to restart, but can instead be approached as and when needed.
Pedant

Post by Pedant »

A few points in response to this. Spurs have not been offered a penny by the government towards their new stadium.
I know - from an impeccable source - that this is not entirely true.

Boris and Dave have had detailed discussions about how they can help Spurs kick-start their redevelopment, and NOT just in terms of infrastructure.
Pop Robson
Has liked: 34 likes
Total likes: 16 likes

Post by Pop Robson »

Luke (THFC) wrote:The design of the new Tottenham stadium is such that Spurs will play at WHL while 2 thirds to 3 quarters of the new stadium is constructed. Then Spurs will move into the new stadium (which at this stage will have a capacity greater than White Hart Lane) and play for one season while White Hart Lane is demolished with the last piece of the new stadium being completed ready for the following season.
Maybe a temporary move to the OS ?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... track.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Doc H Ball
Has liked: 914 likes
Total likes: 1902 likes

Post by Doc H Ball »

Luke (THFC) wrote:
A few points in response to this. Spurs have not been offered a penny by the government towards their new stadium. What the government have instead done is offered money towards local infrastructure improvements (i.e. paying for the revamp of local train/tube stations themselves instead of asking Spurs to fund these as part of a section 106 agreement).

As far as I'm aware the owners of Spurs are not after selling up.
Any idea of the total cost to Spurs and the total amount of Govt payment towards infrastructure Luke?

I know that Spurs will challenge the award of the OS if there is a perceived financial advantage given to West Ham. What are the thoughts on that over there - if anyone's still interested that is.

As for the selling up bit, do you not think that if the Govt funded a reconfiguration of the stadium making it suitable (sic) for football Spurs may be tempted to get involved if they can?
HamburgHammer

Post by HamburgHammer »

I know it would be hard to do, but if the LLDC decided to do yet another bidding process because they are not happy with the four bids received, don't you think West Ham might have a case to sue the government ?
How many more bidding procedures are there going to be ? Don't the four bidders deserve a decision in due course, regardless what the decision is going to be ?
What is the amount of legal costs West Ham have accumulated so far in their endeavour to take over the OS and still nothing.

And now there is even talk, albeit just rumours at this stage, that Spurs may want a piece of the OS as well.
If the LLDC continues like this they are obviously totally unreliable as a serious business partner.

What grieves me though if we pull out is that Orient and Spurs would finally get their wish in keeping West Ham out of the OS...
Mr_Andersonn

Post by Mr_Andersonn »

The whole process from day one has been farcical to say the least.

And as each bidding process has reached fever pitch, we have had this speculation flying around.

Just wait until the aftermath of the decision!