How do you fill 60k?

An archive of news, events and discussion leading up to and post West Ham United's historic move from Upton Park to Stratford in 2016.

Moderators: Gnome, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Doc H Ball
Has liked: 917 likes
Total likes: 1918 likes

Re: How do you fill 60k?

Post by Doc H Ball »

WestHamIFC wrote:....in the middle of East London during a dark, cold winter evening...
Now it's in a different climate zone!
DaveWHU1964
Has liked: 1302 likes
Total likes: 679 likes

Post by DaveWHU1964 »

This is probably out there already. If so I apologise if this is old news. I've been told by a ST holder mate who has dealings with all this stuff that they are planning a neutral area. The number's not definite yet but 3,000 was the figure most mentioned.
Chicken Run Supreme
Has liked: 855 likes
Total likes: 823 likes

Post by Chicken Run Supreme »

Neutral section is bollox, it will just give those teams with a decent away following the opportunity to boost their numbers - it happens all the time at Fulham. With a capacity of 54k, visiting supporters will get an ample allocation anyway, we don't need to add to their numbers with a wanky "neutral' section.
the pink palermo
Huge noggin
Has liked: 759 likes
Total likes: 2939 likes

Post by the pink palermo »

I don't know about a neutral section but for the past decade I've been sat in the indifferent section .None of us really care about the result we're just trying to swap cures for ailments .
NorthBankAlliance

Post by NorthBankAlliance »

I like the clubs current plan of high ticket prices and pissing off long standing supporters (customers).

That will definitely fill the place...
hammers92
Has liked: 317 likes
Total likes: 1748 likes

Post by hammers92 »

When I went to Ajax earlier this year I bought tickets on the day and got put into a section with other international day trippers which obviously is fair enough. And to be honest it actually worked well, you had the hardcore making noise at both ends with the away fans in their section and I had two French guys next to me with half and half scarves...But it was what I expected and what I believe was entitled to because of the price we paid.

If a system was designed to only allow international fans or just Newham residents into this Neutral section then it might just work. I don't think they work over here, but if something alone them lines were brought in, then I could just find it acceptable.

We need all we can take us up to the magic 54 anyway :D
NorthBankAlliance

Post by NorthBankAlliance »

Unfortunately we won't have a hardcore anywhere near Ajax's due to £££.
e10hammer

Post by e10hammer »

By giving the whole of one end of the stadium to away supporters, neutrals and newhams freebies, this seems clear now that they will not be selling season tickets to areas where away support can be housed during cup games.
The Rebirth
It's all about the confidence

Post by The Rebirth »

hammers92 wrote:When I went to Ajax earlier this year I bought tickets on the day and got put into a section with other international day trippers which obviously is fair enough. And to be honest it actually worked well, you had the hardcore making noise at both ends with the away fans in their section and I had two French guys next to me with half and half scarves...But it was what I expected and what I believe was entitled to because of the price we paid.

If a system was designed to only allow international fans or just Newham residents into this Neutral section then it might just work. I don't think they work over here, but if something alone them lines were brought in, then I could just find it acceptable.

We need all we can take us up to the magic 54 anyway :D
Happens a lot of places mate, but don't let that stop people moaning! Any reason to moan and they'll take it.

Mate of mine went to Barcelona vs Madrid at the Nou Camp he just didn't understand why it was so quiet where he was. Turns out he was with a load of day trippers!

I think this Neutral seating is good for the community seats etc to avoid another situation where locals get caught up in the STBL and cheering for Man City.

Remember the Stadium makes the atmosphere not the fans, so it doesn't matter if we fill it with day trippers because it's a Souless Bowl and nothing will change that!
Essex bill

Post by Essex bill »

Why is Karren sending me emails trying to get me to reserve my place at the Boleyn Bar? Why can't she pester somebody from the 'unprecedented demand' mob?

I wonder how sales are going.. :o
1mcavennie
Total likes: 1 like

Post by 1mcavennie »

According to the last propaganda issued this week some 75% of the Boleyn club seats gave been sold - which is great if it means cheaper tickets for normal fans...

My concern with the Boleyn club seats next to the tunnel is that they will have been bought up by corporates and we will have a similar scenario to Wembley. Ten minutes into either half and the seats are empty as the 'fans' are enjoying their 'free' drinks in the bar.
gavrosh

Post by gavrosh »

I think the Boleyn is aimed at fans with cash rather than corporates. Neither do they get to go through that swanky door.

Oh and you get ONE free drink. At half time.
Pop Robson
Has liked: 34 likes
Total likes: 15 likes

Post by Pop Robson »

gavrosh wrote:I think the Boleyn is aimed at fans with cash rather than corporates. Neither do they get to go through that swanky door.

Oh and you get ONE free drink. At half time.
That's not to say it won't be 'corporates or businesses' buying them up.

At my visit to the reservations shop, I got told

You could use the the main entrance as well as another entrance

There is enough seating for 150 of the 1000

You get a laynard to wear round your neck

If you can't make a game you can leave names at the reception and your 'friends' get access and a card with their name on to take away too.

The bar is designed so that each person has 0.8m of space, an improvement on the 0.5m you get on the concourse

The half time free drinks will be pre-poured :scarfer:
Mega Ron
Has liked: 170 likes
Total likes: 175 likes

Post by Mega Ron »

Are we splitting the ticket revenue with the LLDC (or whoever they are) or just the on the day revenue?
gavrosh

Post by gavrosh »

We take all the ticket revenue. The match day sales are split.
Stockholm Hammer

Post by Stockholm Hammer »

Paid my £600 on Monday for the Bolyen bar

Got told around 80% are sold now and it better not be only 1 beer at half time
1mcavennie
Total likes: 1 like

Post by 1mcavennie »

Fair play to you Stockholm. I hope the people who are prepared to pay this extortionate increase in prices end up making it less expensive for the rest of us...

Serious question: how do you feel about paying £2k for a season ticket when people in the next block will be paying half that and can pay for a beer at half time if they want one?

Less serious question: even if the restriction isn't the rumoured one free drink - how many pints are you planning to drink at half time?
gavrosh

Post by gavrosh »

Well Brady is on record as saying it'll be priced to sell out and they expect 40k STHs, so there must be a provision for the band 5, £350 season ticket.
Rocketron
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 50 likes

Post by Rocketron »

[quote="gavrosh"]Well Brady is on record as saying it'll be priced to sell out and they expect 40k STHs, so there must be a provision for the band 5, £350 season ticket.[/quote]
Brady is on record saying a lot of things
What they "expect" and what will happen are very different things
This is a non sequitor.
gavrosh

Post by gavrosh »

Oh yes of course I forgot that the people running the club are at once malevolent liars and clueless imbeciles.