23/2/12 SAB Olympic consultation

An archive of news, events and discussion leading up to and post West Ham United's historic move from Upton Park to Stratford in 2016.

Moderators: Gnome, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Georgee Paris
Location: The Amazing Adventures of Wicked Willy & Fearless Steve
Has liked: 496 likes
Total likes: 1038 likes

Re: 23/2/12 SAB Olympic consultation

Post by Georgee Paris »

1st question from a Mr Pink...how much extra dosh will moving give Sam to spend on new players?
the pink palermo
Huge noggin
Has liked: 758 likes
Total likes: 2937 likes

Post by the pink palermo »

Georgee, I've already asked it .

Karren refused to answer then , I'd be amazed if she answered now .
WestHamIFC

Post by WestHamIFC »

the pink palermo wrote:I'd be amazed if she answered now .

Providing the exact transfer budget figure for the 2016-17 season in December 2012?

Yep, I'd be pretty amazed too...
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place
Has liked: 748 likes
Total likes: 3444 likes

Post by Up the Junction »

WestHamIFC wrote:We have already taken the first step towards this by calling an emergency meeting of our Supporter Advisory Board on Tuesday 11th December at 6pm

Am I the only member of the SAB not to have been notified of this? :D
WHUTerry

Post by WHUTerry »

Up the Junction wrote:Am I the only member of the SAB not to have been notified of this? :D
Email went out yesterday, although it was sent from 'Customer Services' so may not be immediately apparent!
the pink palermo
Huge noggin

WestHamIFC wrote: Providing the exact transfer budget figure for the 2016-17 season in December 2012?

Yep, I'd be pretty amazed too...
Well, me old china, she said they had done the sums .......that much she did tell me .
WHUTerry

Post by WHUTerry »

the pink palermo wrote:
Well, me old china, she said they had done the sums .......that much she did tell me .
But wasn't she referring to the sums on the income streams for the OS v UP. Don't remember her mentioning transfer budgets unless this was a private conversation. I'd be surprised they know what the final transfer budget is for 2017. I'd be surprised if it's been finalised for next season. Even if it has, she's not going to tell you or anyone outside of the board roon.
the pink palermo
Huge noggin

WHUTerry wrote:
But wasn't she referring to the sums on the income streams for the OS v UP..
My specific question was in determining the different amount of money each of 4 options I described would generate in relation to the managers budget .As Karren declined to answer ( minuted ) a heckler from the back glibly suggested "more than now" .That may justify a move for some, but not enough for me I'm afraid .

At the heart of my question is why are we doing this ? How much more will we see the Manager get to spend on players ?

We're a football club Terry , not a leisure company .Look at Wenger in his shiny new stadium - still selling his best players every year .
WHUTerry

Post by WHUTerry »

the pink palermo wrote:
My specific question was in determining the different amount of money each of 4 options I described would generate in relation to the managers budget .As Karren declined to answer ( minuted ) a heckler from the back glibly suggested "more than now" .That may justify a move for some, but not enough for me I'm afraid .

At the heart of my question is why are we doing this ? How much more will we see the Manager get to spend on players ?

We're a football club Terry , not a leisure company .Look at Wenger in his shiny new stadium - still selling his best players every year .
TPP, she's not going to answer. This is just common sense. She or anyone at the club is not going to tell people they don't know in a public meeting West Ham's future transfer budget. I understand what you're trying to prove but you're flogging a dead horse. The 2017 transfer budget will be decided in the Summer of 2016 and will be determined based on a range of variables at the time of which location will only be one.
the pink palermo
Huge noggin

WHUTerry wrote: TPP, she's not going to answer. This is just common sense. She or anyone at the club is not going to tell people they don't know in a public meeting West Ham's future transfer budget.
Terry , I think enquiring as to how much more money will be generated by moving to a new ground and what proportion of that will be spent by the Manager is a reasonable question , and one that is in the interest of the fans .

I was very specific in laying out the different scenarios as it tested the relative values of each scenario .In essence I was asking the difference between owning and renting the OS , staying at the Boleyn and finally redeveloping the Boleyn .

The comments made by some on here suggest the club has to do this move .I would contend it doesn't have to but is choosing to , and on that basis I think it appropriate to ask whats in it for the fans in terms of seeing assets on the pitch .

Arsenal fans are paying top dollar and watching their stars being sold .How do we know a similar fate does not await us ?
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place
Has liked: 748 likes
Total likes: 3444 likes

Post by Up the Junction »

WHUTerry wrote:Email went out yesterday, although it was sent from 'Customer Services' so may not be immediately apparent!
Thanks Terry, but not to me. Perhaps I've been ostracised...
Denbighammer
Has liked: 697 likes
Total likes: 431 likes

Post by Denbighammer »

WHUTerry wrote:she's not going to answer. This is just common sense.
So, she couldn't give a rough percentage based over say, 5 years when compared with our current situation?
brownout
Has liked: 92 likes
Total likes: 174 likes

Post by brownout »

Emergency SAB meeting Tuesday 11th.
Those attending still have to sign Non Disclosure Agreements. Mobiles etc have to be handed in beforehand.
How can members represent other fans when they cannot report back to them?
EvilC
Location: In the street as the cold wind blows, in the ghetto...
Has liked: 2625 likes
Total likes: 1178 likes

Post by EvilC »

brownout wrote:Emergency SAB meeting Tuesday 11th.
Those attending still have to sign Non Disclosure Agreements. Mobiles etc have to be handed in beforehand.
How can members represent other fans when they cannot report back to them?
Let Karren do it for you, you know it makes sense.
west ham15
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by west ham15 »

West Ham United will begin the next stage of fan consultation over the proposed move to the London 2012 Olympic Stadium at an emergency meeting of the Supporter Advisory Board (SAB) on Tuesday.
Tuesday's meeting will be led by Vice-Chairman Karren Brady and attended by Joint-Chairman David Gold and Hammers legend Tony Cottee.
http://www.whufc.com/articles/20121210/ ... um=twitter" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ekavall

Post by ekavall »

UTJ:
As I guess you are going to the SAB meeting...

Could you please ask about how much "West Ham" they will make the stadium when it comes to attributes such as claret n blue seats, some sort of towers at the main entrance (if there is one...) etc. For me seats and colour is a very important issue, especially as we would be at the place for the rest of our lifetimes. These soulless white/grey seats there now are just awful. At the very least the name West Ham United / Hammers / Irons should be a minimum demand I say. Talking of all these millions of punds it shouldnt be an issue.
Thanks!
paulhs1
Has liked: 1736 likes
Total likes: 1482 likes

Post by paulhs1 »

ekavall wrote:UTJ:
As I guess you are going to the SAB meeting...

Could you please ask about how much "West Ham" they will make the stadium when it comes to attributes such as claret n blue seats, some sort of towers at the main entrance (if there is one...) etc. For me seats and colour is a very important issue, especially as we would be at the place for the rest of our lifetimes. These soulless white/grey seats there now are just awful. At the very least the name West Ham United / Hammers / Irons should be a minimum demand I say. Talking of all these millions of punds it shouldnt be an issue.
Thanks!
You can forget about claret and blue seats!
Pop Robson
Has liked: 34 likes
Total likes: 15 likes

Post by Pop Robson »

It can't be branded as we're renting it maybe for only 19 days a year/season, like renting the church hall for a party stick up banners and balloons for the day and take them down after. :(
HamburgHammer
Location: Too far away from Upton Park, Hamburg, Germany, to be precise
Has liked: 2 likes
Total likes: 7 likes

Post by HamburgHammer »

Okay, so we cannot have claret and blue seats because we're only renting and using the place for 19 days a year or so, yet people expect us to cough up a significant proportion for the conversion to make the OS fit for football ? The LLDC can't have it both ways. Either we are expected to contribute to the costs above and beyond the normal rent, then we should be entitled to certain conversion specifications (seats/design etc.).

Or we are just paying rent and are nothing else but a tenant who for that reason has to accept neutral seats and neutral design as provided by the LLDC.
Pop Robson
Has liked: 34 likes
Total likes: 15 likes

Post by Pop Robson »

Thinking about it, where was the conversion money coming from when the club originally got the OS ?