david gold on lbc tonight

An archive of news, events and discussion leading up to and post West Ham United's historic move from Upton Park to Stratford in 2016.

Moderators: Gnome, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

red iron

Re: david gold on lbc tonight

Post by red iron »

Brady - "I don't think West Ham fans know what it means to go to the Olympic stadium"

What a patronising ****.
DD
Has liked: 1 like

Post by DD »

Iain Dale came across as a complete c*** didn't he. How far was he up Gold's a*se.

Fair play to Peter.
Yea Why Not
Location: Chips & Gravy you say? Well you can shove that up your ass

Post by Yea Why Not »

:lol:

Yes Karen, it means playing football in an athletics arena with a running track for the foreseeable future
Any Old Iron

Post by Any Old Iron »

Let's face it, they're treating the mass of supporters with complete contempt. Gold said at the end that I'm the sort of bloke that would never change his mind, which is a bit rich coming from a guy that isn't listening to anyone elses point of view. The problem is he's giving me no reason to change my mind. Instead of repeating ad nauseum that he's died in the wool west ham and that he wouldn't be doing this if it wasn't right for the club, how about actually bringing the real fans into the process and not just some hand picked stooges.

Now all we're hearing are spin and lies from the spivs that run our club.
red iron

Post by red iron »

DD wrote:Iain Dale came across as a complete **** didn't he. How far was he up Gold's a*se.

Fair play to Peter.
Couldn't agree more... and where on earth is Gold getting his stats from?? unbelieveable
NH Hammer

Post by NH Hammer »

any links so the the rest of us outside the UK can have a listen?
Yea Why Not
Location: Chips & Gravy you say? Well you can shove that up your ass

Post by Yea Why Not »

red iron wrote:
Couldn't agree more... and where on earth is Gold getting his stats from?? unbelieveable
If your talking about the "our seats will be no further away from those at Wembley" stuff, it doesn't mean much. He's basically just saying that our 60000th furthest seat will be no further away than Wembley's 90000th. Meaning if you got a tape measure and stretched it from the edge of the pitch to the seat there wouldn't be much difference. This is obviously due to the fact that the seat at Wembley will of course be a lot higher and also due to the stadium being 3 tiered. Our view will be much worse, no doubt. For me, height isn't a problem when watching football
The Old Man of Storr
Has liked: 2682 likes
Total likes: 1780 likes

Post by The Old Man of Storr »

I'm still of the opinion that if they wanted to and they were organised , the fans of West Ham United who have in essence been paying the mortgage of The Boleyn Ground for many a year now , could mount a legal challenge to the moving of our ground to the Olympic Stadium .
The supporters are the Lifeblood of West Ham United and could be said to be in all but name ' the owners ', without them , it ceases to be .
If I were Messrs G&S , I would carry out a much bigger survey than they say they have , or the OS could turn out to be a very pale Heffalump indeed .
Mr_Andersonn

Post by Mr_Andersonn »

From the interview it seems that the board have plans and visions which they are unable to discuss so I look forward to seeing what they have up their sleeves come May 21st!
Last edited by Up the Junction on Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Abusive comments removed.
Mr_Andersonn

Post by Mr_Andersonn »

The Old Man of Storr wrote:I'm still of the opinion that if they wanted to and they were organised , the fans of West Ham United who have in essence been paying the mortgage of The Boleyn Ground for many a year now , could mount a legal challenge to the moving of our ground to the Olympic Stadium
I really hope the tenants living in my house aren't reading this!
chalks
Sliding down his pole
Has liked: 703 likes
Total likes: 1634 likes

Post by chalks »

Mr_Andersonn wrote:From the interview it seems that the board have plans and visions which they are unable to discuss so I look forward to seeing what they have up their sleeves come May 21st!

what they have up there sleeve is to make millions on selling UP to Asda, getting us into rented accomodation, then selling us to whatever middle east oil baron it is at the time that wants a plaything for a few years

life long supporters my arse, they are fully intent on wiping out everthing this club has been about
the pink palermo
Huge noggin
Has liked: 799 likes
Total likes: 3014 likes

Post by the pink palermo »

Any Old Iron wrote: how about actually bringing the real fans into the process
I'd back myself in a competition against most posters on this site for games attended .I won't do as many as some , but will do more than most , as a home and away STH of many years standing .As the club has less than 350 away STH I'll assume we know each other visually if not on speaking terms .
In short I'm confident enough to think of myself as a "real fan", as I'm sure you are , which brings us to ................
Any Old Iron wrote:
and not just some hand picked stooges.
Ah, the old , "lets have a dig at the SAB" comment .Well, I'm on that , and I doubt anyone who has ever read one of my posts would have me down as being in the clubs pocket .

I'd also point point out that every single person who is on the SAB is also a STH , most of years , if not decades , standing .I think they count as "real fans" as well .

The fact that the clubs Vice Chair has appeared to undermine them all by claiming a 100% support for the O/S is down to her , not them ( if the Daily Telegraphs quotes are accurate she is telling a lie, I note there has been no retraction on the clubs official site though ) .With the Chairman claiming a 70% support figure as well , it may kind of cement the impression that the club are , by any reasonable interpretation of events , making it up as they go along .

I would point out though , in the interests of balance, as opposed as I am to moving to Stratford, there are others who support it .

It's why I believe there should be a one fan one vote ballot of matchday goers .

Anyway , off to Barnsley now, so I'll probably see you there .
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place
Has liked: 754 likes
Total likes: 3480 likes

Post by Up the Junction »

the pink palermo wrote:Ah, the old , "lets have a dig at the SAB" comment .Well, I'm on that , and I doubt anyone who has ever read one of my posts would have me down as being in the clubs pocket .
How do you feel about the fact that Gold is using your group to justify the board's plans to push through the OS move, Pinks?

Given that you're actively opposed to the move, is the SAB doing more harm than good?
dapablo
Sourpuss, grumpy face

Post by dapablo »

the pink palermo wrote:It's why I believe there should be a one fan one vote ballot of matchday goers .
Good sensible words again PP.

The biggest trouble with referenda is that those asked an opinion on any matter will have their answer coloured by so many other issues that in truth have nothing to do with the original question, e.g. would anybody currently hating our manager and the board be able to give any rational response to such a question, I'd suggest perhaps not, also do we think the decision making should be rational or emotional, both ideas have credence but which should be correct ?
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place
Has liked: 754 likes
Total likes: 3480 likes

Post by Up the Junction »

NH Hammer wrote:any links so the the rest of us outside the UK can have a listen?
http://www.kumb.com/story.php?id=126145" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The Old Man of Storr
Has liked: 2682 likes
Total likes: 1780 likes

Post by The Old Man of Storr »

Say , for instance , I'd managed to get hold of enough cash to buy West Ham United , or half of WHU , the other half belonging to people who don't give a fig about the history of the club , just as long as they get their money back with a bit of interest .
Then a few years down the line , I decide to sell the whole shebang and move you lot into rented accomodation .
You wouldn't like it .
Why would anyone like what's going on now ?
taffhammer
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by taffhammer »

chalks wrote:
what they have up there sleeve is to make millions on selling UP to Asda, getting us into rented accomodation, then selling us to whatever middle east oil baron it is at the time that wants a plaything for a few years

life long supporters my arse, they are fully intent on wiping out everthing this club has been about
I've no doubt they are in it for the money but if we are in so much debt and the Boleyn ground was sold would they have made enough to even pay off the debt the club was in?
Only one man has made a big wedge off any sale of this club or is likely too.
dapablo
Sourpuss, grumpy face

Post by dapablo »

The Old Man of Storr wrote:Why would anyone like what's going on now ?
Thats the crux of the issue, just because you don't like it doesn't mean it's not good for.
cockney hammer
Resident badge expert
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 143 likes

Post by cockney hammer »

how much money would we get for selling the boleyn?
Gummi

Post by Gummi »

cockney hammer wrote:how much money would we get for selling the boleyn?
Nothing. There's no buyer.