5 questions

An archive of news, events and discussion leading up to and post West Ham United's historic move from Upton Park to Stratford in 2016.

Moderators: Gnome, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

S-n-a-f-u

5 questions

Post by S-n-a-f-u »

SHORT QUESTIONAIRE FOR WEST HAM FANS TO ASSIST IN MY A’ LEVEL PROJECT.

I would be very grateful if you could answer the following 5 questions to help me.

1. Are you For or Against the relocation of the stadium?

2. Where do you usually travel from to get to Upton Park?

3. How do you travel to home matches? Train? Car? Bus? On Foot? Underground? Other?

4. Is it realistic to think that West Ham United will regularly be one of the top six clubs in England “in the long term”? This is West Ham United’s stated objective.

5. What is your reaction to the new owners changing their views about the stadium relocation? (originally they were against the move to the Olympic Site)

THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME AND HELP
gavrosh

Re: 5 questions

Post by gavrosh »

Just what we need - another poll. Didn't you hear, we're all 100% behind the move.
w4hammer
Location: ..my heart says... West Ham.. my head says ...West Ham
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 3 likes

Post by w4hammer »

S-n-a-f-u wrote:SHORT QUESTIONAIRE FOR WEST HAM FANS TO ASSIST IN MY A’ LEVEL PROJECT.

I would be very grateful if you could answer the following 5 questions to help me.

Against

west london

3. How do you travel to home matches? Train? Car? Bus? On Foot? Underground? Other?

Tube

4. Is it realistic to think that West Ham United will regularly be one of the top six clubs in England “in the long term”? This is West Ham United’s stated objective.

No west ham fan seriously thinks this will happen, do they?

5. What is your reaction to the new owners changing their views about the stadium relocation? (originally they were against the move to the Olympic Site)

Its all about the ££££££..

Claretandbluearmy

Post by Claretandbluearmy »

Against. 110%.

South East London

Cat

Not until there's some Man City / Chelsea style investment.

I think they always wanted it and lied to the fans
warp
Location: I am everything about this site which is wrong... i don't give a toss about WHUFC.

Post by warp »

S-n-a-f-u wrote:1. Are you For or Against the relocation of the stadium?
my first reaction was "against", based just on feelings.
no arguments have changed my mind tho.
but i don't even know the plans for the stadium, i'm no businessman and have no experience in running a successful football club (or a crap one, for that matter).

S-n-a-f-u wrote:2. Where do you usually travel from to get to Upton Park?
Oxford

S-n-a-f-u wrote:3. How do you travel to home matches? Train? Car? Bus? On Foot? Underground? Other?
bus+tube

S-n-a-f-u wrote:4. Is it realistic to think that West Ham United will regularly be one of the top six clubs in England “in the long term”? This is West Ham United’s stated objective.
:lol:
no, it is not, unless some Gillionaire becomes the boss.

S-n-a-f-u wrote:5. What is your reaction to the new owners changing their views about the stadium relocation? (originally they were against the move to the Olympic Site)
i thought that was always on their mind, and one of the reasons why they took on the club Image
brownout
Has liked: 91 likes
Total likes: 174 likes

Post by brownout »

S-n-a-f-u wrote:SHORT QUESTIONAIRE FOR WEST HAM FANS TO ASSIST IN MY A’ LEVEL PROJECT.

Against

Upminster

Train & Underground

No

I believe that to move to Stratford has always been their intention.

jimcollins65

Post by jimcollins65 »

Against

North London

Train and Underground

No

I didnt for one moment believe they were against the move

Pop Robson
Has liked: 34 likes
Total likes: 15 likes

Post by Pop Robson »

Are you Karren Brady and

1. Against
2. Essex
3. Train, bus , walk
4. No
5. Were they ? They lie anyway
Doc H Ball
Has liked: 917 likes
Total likes: 1919 likes

Post by Doc H Ball »

Against

Brentwood

Car>train>tube

No, not unless a multi billionaire buys

They have changed their tune depending on what has been necessary to secure the tenancy.

By the way, you do realise that this is completely unrepresentative don't you? The questions are loaded and so will be the answers on here. Generally, antis are making the noise, filling in these and asking for a ballot - the pros are happy with things headed as they are.

Anyway, if you really want to find out what fans think, help give out poll leaflets on Monday (see separate threads). Good luck with your project.
S-n-a-f-u

Questionnaire

Post by S-n-a-f-u »

Thankyou to everyone who responded before, but I really need some more replies

SHORT QUESTIONAIRE FOR WEST HAM FANS TO ASSIST IN MY A’ LEVEL PROJECT.

Last edited by Up the Junction on Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: CAPS removed from thread title, title changed to represent subject.
monkeyhanger
Total likes: 30 likes

Re: URGENT!

Post by monkeyhanger »

1. For

2. Snaresbrook

3. Underground

4. There is no reason why not. With the right stadium that could attract more fans and ultimately generate more money ala the Emirates. Look where Man City were a few years ago.

5. No-one should ever have a fixed point of view that is incapable of being influenced by changing circumstances or new information.
WestHamIFC

Post by WestHamIFC »

• 1. The plans are not available yet, so until they are released in May it's impossible / ludicrous to make an 'informed' decision.

Location and Transport Links are great, but there's no way I'll be watching my football over an 8 lane Olympic Running Track - let's see what they come up with..

2. Wanstead

3. Car

4. No. If the Running Track problem isn't dealt with I think WH will lose as many fans (if not more) as they might gain. Top 12 and the occasional Cup would be nice though..

5. Perhaps they've found a way to deal with the 'Running Track' issue now?
warp
Location: I am everything about this site which is wrong... i don't give a toss about WHUFC.

Post by warp »

deja vu?
Whitters
Has liked: 90 likes
Total likes: 71 likes

Post by Whitters »

1 Against if it means retaining the running track. I don't object to moving from the Boleyn to Stratford, but to the right stadium only.

2 Geneva (via Bexley, Kent)

3 Car, Plane & then car

4 Not without major investment in the squad from richer owners than we have now. May get the occasional top 6 finish with current owners & OS revenue, but will be a rarity. The OS alone may make us a regular mid-table team at best.

5 No real problem with this as they are businessmen after all, but I hope it is the best interests of the club that are being considered.
WestHamIFC

Post by WestHamIFC »

WestHamIFC wrote:
  • 1. The plans are not available yet, so until they are released in May it's impossible / ludicrous to make an 'informed' decision.

Location and Transport Links are great, but there's no way I'll be watching my football over an 8 lane Olympic Running Track - let's see what they come up with..
If these plans are true - I'll be voting in favour!!:

http://www.kumb.com/forum/viewtopic.php ... 9#p3353881" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:thup:
trick88

Post by trick88 »

Very much against! It would be half empty on most games the atmosphere would be dead, terrible idea altogether

Barking

Tube

Why not? Newcastle have done it so its possible, but unrealistic imho

They should be listening to the supporters views more rather than just their own, they keep coming up with silly figures like over 60-70% of supports are for the move which is very clearly bollox!
Whitters
Has liked: 90 likes
Total likes: 71 likes

Post by Whitters »

Why not? Newcastle have done it so its possible, but unrealistic imho
The key word here is 'regularly'. Newcastle were in the Championship a couple of years ago with the same big stadium that they have now.
WHUTerry

Re: Questionnaire

Post by WHUTerry »

For

Epping

Car

Not without major investment

Did they change? I always thought they were in favour.
clawhammer
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 20 likes

Post by clawhammer »

For

Billericay

Car

Not unless we go to the Olympic stadium.

As far as I know they haven.t.

I get a little bit annoyed with noisy groups claiming to represent the fans. I am an ST holder who goes to a few away and I have never been asked or received a form. The club have made it clear that they can't give the full facts before May 21 so nobody not privy to them can give an informed opinion. In my view the club is being run better than for a long time by people who care as much as most and more than a lot of the fans...have you seen G&S booing our players?? The dissenters I saw on TV last night seemed a very poor bunch and I prefer to wait and see. If the rea lsituation is so unpalatable then they will not risk alienating large number of fans.
Posh-Hammer

Post by Posh-Hammer »

1. Totally against

2 Peterborough

3. Car

4. No

5. They are liars and its all about them making money.