Hearn claims West Ham lack Governing Body Consent

An archive of news, events and discussion leading up to and post West Ham United's historic move from Upton Park to Stratford in 2016.

Moderators: Gnome, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

The Rebirth
It's all about the confidence

Re: Hearn claims West Ham lack Governing Body Consent

Post by The Rebirth »

He talks about their 'patch' sorry but the OS is in the London Borough of Newham and not Waltham Forest. He may only be a few hundred metres from the Olympic Park but at the end of the day we would be the other side of it.

Someone said he wants extra cash for Orient this is totally wrong Hearn only thinks about number 1.

Also he tries to be this hero or appear to be one and at the end of the day everyone can see all he wants is the Hockey Stadium so he can build even more flats in the corners.

He doesn't want West Ham there because our cheapest tickets in some games (viagogo £15) are less than his are at Orient.

The fact is if he halved his tickets he might get people through the gates but he doesn't he probably wants an excuse to knock a stand down so he can build a multistory carpark or something.

He would sell his own mother for a pound note that bloke.

To be fair he has turned the Snooker world around but if you think about it arranging more events means more money in Barry's pocket and thats all that matters. He has vowed to make every Snooker player a millionaire in the Metro! yeah but who makes the most money? Ol' Dirty Baztard does of course!
Iron-worx

Post by Iron-worx »

Hammer110 wrote:And these are near identical:

Premier league Rules:
In all seriousness is anybody whether PL or FL ever going to risk saying no ?

It all ties in way too closely with restriction of trade and there's no way that I'd be going within 100 miles of saying no given that all three grounds are so close together to begin with, moving a bit closer doesn't alter the situation as is greatly so there's nothing clear cut and definite about it....

I'd be thinking up ways of keeping well out of it if it were my decision to make.
gavrosh

Post by gavrosh »

The annoying thing for me is that journalists never seem to grasp the fact that being 350 yards from the Olympic Park doesnt mean that Orient are 350 yards from the Olympic Stadium. Its the biggest building site in Europe and stretches over a mile from one end to another. Not one journalist has fathomed that point, nor that Stratford is very much not Orient's 'patch'.
Mr_Andersonn

Post by Mr_Andersonn »

gavrosh wrote:The annoying thing for me is that journalists never seem to grasp the fact that being 350 yards from the Olympic Park doesnt mean that Orient are 350 yards from the Olympic Stadium. Its the biggest building site in Europe and stretches over a mile from one end to another. Not one journalist has fathomed that point, nor that Stratford is very much not Orient's 'patch'.
They are 1.5 miles from the stadium where as we are 2.5 miles from the stadium.
Iron-worx

Post by Iron-worx »

Mr_Andersonn wrote:They are 1.5 miles from the stadium where as we are 2.5 miles from the stadium.
As I noted in my earlier post all three grounds are so close together as things are that moving a little closer will make no difference whatever purely from a distance consideration....

Hearn clouds the issue by talking in terms of distance when what he really means if he's totally honest is that greater capacity of the OS over the Boleyn may facilitate lower priced ticketing....

But I suppose he can't argue that as that's even closer to restriction of trade than PL / FL saying you can't move.
Iron-worx

Post by Iron-worx »

Well Vaz Te's goal put an end to Hearns whingeings, we're now a premier league club with premier league permission to move to the OS......

That's a spoke out of the works......
HamburgHammer
Location: Too far away from Upton Park, Hamburg, Germany, to be precise
Has liked: 2 likes
Total likes: 7 likes

Post by HamburgHammer »

Iron-worx wrote:Well Vaz Te's goal put an end to Hearns whingeings, we're now a premier league club with premier league permission to move to the OS......

That's a spoke out of the works......
Well, Hearn will argue it's about the date of the application. And, technically, we were still in the Football League when we handed in the latest application, so we may still have to get the Football League's approval, but I don't see much of a problem there.
Of course Hearn could still throw a hissy fit and apply to the Pope, Amnesty International or the European Court of Justice.

Or he could just give a phone call to Kevin McCabe who may just slip him the number of an really old (senile) buddy of his who is brilliant at dishing out strange court verdicts against West Ham. I say: Hearn already has a fantastic football stadium for Orient, he now has to try and fill it up to its rafters for every home game. However, that's his job to do and West Ham moving into the OS certainly cannot be blamed for Orient not being able to attract more supporters to come to Brisbane Road.
Johnny Byrne's Boots
Has liked: 1791 likes
Total likes: 2071 likes

Post by Johnny Byrne's Boots »

Or, because the Legacy Committee have reopened the bidding, we just re-submit our bid the day after we get the Premier League share.
Iron-worx

Post by Iron-worx »

Surely the permission of whatever league you're playing in is all that's required elsewise you'd need all possible permissions regardless of whenever you applied....

It can't even be said that we're a championship team most seasons that pops up once in a while, it's the other way around....

I can't see as Hearn has an inch of ground from which to argue
York Ham(mer)
Has liked: 111 likes
Total likes: 149 likes

Post by York Ham(mer) »

Johnny Byrne's Boots wrote:Or, because the Legacy Committee have reopened the bidding, we just re-submit our bid the day after we get the Premier League share.
^^^ this.
HamburgHammer
Location: Too far away from Upton Park, Hamburg, Germany, to be precise
Has liked: 2 likes
Total likes: 7 likes

Post by HamburgHammer »

Another fascinating U-turn by Mr.Hearn. After pissing on our chips for so long, bitching and moaning forever about West Ham, the big bully, trying to put his poor little club out of business by moving onto their patch (yeah right...) he has now decided it might be a brilliant idea to groundshare the OS with, wait for it, West Ham United.

The hypocrisy coming out of the man you wouldn't believe. Even if the two Davids were prepared to think about this for a nanosecond after the shambolic behaviour of Barry Hearn, what could Orient bring to the table finance-wise ?
I'm sure they can raise their average attendance by moving into the OS from 3300 to 5500, but I'm sure Hearn would not be prepared to pay for ANYTHING, and, oh yes, of course the stands would have to be designed in red and white colours too, showing the Orient logo. Anything else would be unfair on poor old, little old Orient, wouldn't it ??? :x
Wembley1966
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 124 likes

Post by Wembley1966 »

Details in the Evening Standard:
http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/sport/foo ... 4278.html?

League One club want talks with east London rivals after plan for retractable seating over track gathers pace

Leyton Orient are to approach West Ham about ground-sharing the ­Olympic Stadium, it emerged today.

Orient chairman Barry Hearn will seek talks with West Ham owners David Gold and David Sullivan as, it is understood, retractable seating can now be laid over the running track in a cost-effective manner.

The track has to remain a feature of the stadium under the terms of a legacy agreement and if the deal went through it would be the first time two London clubs have shared a stadium on a permanent basis.

A source close to the idea told Standard Sport: “It ticks all the boxes. Why not ground-share? It already happens all over the world.”

Hearn had been a vocal critic of transforming the Olympic Stadium into a football venue. “The stadium is a magnificent athletics stadium, it is just not built for football,” he said.

However, West Ham vice-chairman Karren Brady recently revealed the club had examined the possibility of including retractable seating in plans to turn the stadium into a football-friendly arena and put the cost at £10million.