OS plans

An archive of news, events and discussion leading up to and post West Ham United's historic move from Upton Park to Stratford in 2016.

Moderators: Gnome, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Pop Robson
Has liked: 34 likes
Total likes: 15 likes

Re: OS plans

Post by Pop Robson »

Mr_Andersonn wrote:I have posted on this topic before with regard to not able to book seats for the bigger home games.

You tend to be put up at the back of the Alpari Stand which is not a bad view but I don't want to be sat there every time I attend.

It's not always easy getting tickets on general sale either for the bigger games.

With the OS, there will be a wider selection available in different parts of the ground.
Get a membership, easy get tickets then :thup:
adie

Post by adie »

Mr Andersson you say at the OS you will have a wider choice of tickets all over the stadium but all the best seats will be snapped up by season ticket holders, so you'll be in a seat with a worse view than the Alpari.
Mr_Andersonn

Post by Mr_Andersonn »

adie wrote:Mr Andersson you say at the OS you will have a wider choice of tickets all over the stadium but all the best seats will be snapped up by season ticket holders, so you'll be in a seat with a worse view than the Alpari.

I plan to get a season ticket at the OS, as are many of my mates.
We are what has been called the lost generation of hammers fans.
Persil Tickets
Has liked: 19 likes
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by Persil Tickets »

Mr_Andersonn wrote

I plan to get a season ticket at the OS, as are many of my mates.
We are what has been called the lost generation of hammers fans
Not trying to dig you out but is there a reason why you have not all had season tickets these last few years? It is not as if we have a waiting list. If it is to do with cost then I think you will be back to square one where the cheap tickets will give you a worse view at the OS than you would currently get at the Boleyn.
adie

Post by adie »

according to David Gold the **** seats will be cheap and some given to local schools but he never said season tickets would be cheap, not unless you get a season ticket in the **** seats and I don't see the point in that if you're gonna be going to every home game. It wouldn't make financial sense to cut the price of all tickets cos they wouldn't make anymore money than they do now at the Boleyn, so what would the point be of giving up our home for a rented athletic stadium ? They won't cut season ticket prices cos they see us as committed already.
Mr_Andersonn

Post by Mr_Andersonn »

Persil Tickets wrote: Not trying to dig you out but is there a reason why you have not all had season tickets these last few years? It is not as if we have a waiting list. If it is to do with cost then I think you will be back to square one where the cheap tickets will give you a worse view at the OS than you would currently get at the Boleyn.
Mainly finances and young families. We have never had season tickets but all been regulars from the late eighties and lived for football at the weekend. I also had the bonus of a rail pass so had free travel to home and away games too! Sadly had to give it up when I started full time employment.

Driving to Upton Park from Southend is an absolute nightmare, parking is always an issue and quite frankly I am not at all happy leaving my car parked in the local streets.

Life changes but we all still have claret and blue blood and attend games when we can. It is our intention on getting a few season tickets in the next couple of seasons as Stratford is a fantastic location. We are just praying they do a decent job on the reconfiguration.

For now though we just try to attend half a dozen or so games a season.
Persil Tickets
Has liked: 19 likes
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by Persil Tickets »

Mr_Andersonn wrote
Mainly finances and young families. We have never had season tickets but all been regulars from the late eighties and lived for football at the weekend. I also had the bonus of a rail pass so had free travel to home and away games too! Sadly had to give it up when I started full time employment.

Driving to Upton Park from Southend is an absolute nightmare, parking is always an issue and quite frankly I am not at all happy leaving my car parked in the local streets.

Life changes but we all still have claret and blue blood and attend games when we can. It is our intention on getting a few season tickets in the next couple of seasons as Stratford is a fantastic location. We are just praying they do a decent job on the reconfiguration.

All fair comments. I can understand the travel being easier. Where I think people will be dissapointed is if they are expecting decent seats for less money than they are paying now at the Boleyn. I just cannot see this happening. I suppose much of this will depend on what you class as decent seats.
adie

Post by adie »

if/when we do move to the Olympic Stadium they're gonna have to do something about parking. The Olympic Park has only one car park for the media and will be dismantled after the games, leaving only the car park at Westfields shopping centre. They want to encourage people to travel by public transport but if there is an increase in people going to see West Ham there is gonna be plenty of people driving and all the surrounding areas will be parking controlled zones by 2014.
War Pony
Has liked: 23 likes
Total likes: 86 likes

Post by War Pony »

Adie... In one of your previous posts you talk about Gold coming in and walking off with a profit not giving a damn about what happens to west ham.

His whole family are from upton park. His mum lived there until the day she died a few years ago bless her, i almost find that statement insulting. I don't know David personally, but his mum would turn in her grave if he done... what you propose he will do.
mushy
Has liked: 640 likes
Total likes: 840 likes

Post by mushy »

Mr_Andersonn wrote: Driving to Upton Park from Southend is an absolute nightmare, parking is always an issue and quite frankly I am not at all happy leaving my car parked in the local streets.
As a matter of interest, how do you intend getting to Stratford from Southend once you have purchased your seat?
It cant be cheap coming up by train can it?
Francoisvander or else
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 98 likes

Post by Francoisvander or else »

mushy wrote: Driving to Upton Park from Southend is an absolute nightmare, parking is always an issue and quite frankly I am not at all happy leaving my car parked in the local streets.
Driven up to West Ham every season since passing my test 25 years ago, never had to park more than a 10 minute walk from the ground, never had any damage done to my car and never paid for parking. Costs about 8 quid in petrol from Basildon for 4 of us compared to about £40 quid in train fares, Stratford will be anightmare and very very costly, if you want to pay my extra costs so you can go to a few games of your choosing let me know :wink:
Pop Robson
Has liked: 34 likes
Total likes: 15 likes

Post by Pop Robson »

Mr_Andersonn wrote: Mainly finances and young families. We have never had season tickets but all been regulars from the late eighties and lived for football at the weekend. I also had the bonus of a rail pass so had free travel to home and away games too! Sadly had to give it up when I started full time employment.

Train fares ain't going to be any cheaper in a couple of years time or the tickets prices with a crap view too, if we're in Stratford.

A groupsave 4 with Travelcard from Southend East to Upton Park (with the option of going up town after) is £31, £7.75 each.

Get yourself over a few times before we move, bound to be a a few offers next season.

As for driving up from Southend, used to do myself, rather have got the train though !!
Mr_Andersonn

Post by Mr_Andersonn »

Thanks for the tips guys. I am hoping the proceeds from my Olympic Opening Ceremony Tickets will go some way to perhaps paying for my season tickets for 3 or 4 seasons!
beckton

Post by beckton »

Mr_Andersonn wrote: I am hoping the proceeds from my Olympic Opening Ceremony Tickets will go some way to perhaps paying for my season tickets for 3 or 4 seasons!

Are you a member of the Ukrainian Olympic Committee?
EvilC
Location: In the street as the cold wind blows, in the ghetto...
Has liked: 2625 likes
Total likes: 1178 likes

Post by EvilC »

War Pony wrote:Adie... In one of your previous posts you talk about Gold coming in and walking off with a profit not giving a damn about what happens to west ham.

His whole family are from upton park. His mum lived there until the day she died a few years ago bless her, i almost find that statement insulting. I don't know David personally, but his mum would turn in her grave if he done... what you propose he will do.
Quite a lot of people find the board's handling of the whole OS situation insulting as well.
ILoveWHU
Has liked: 9 likes
Total likes: 19 likes

Post by ILoveWHU »

Just been watching the Formula 1 practice and they said one of the bids for the OS includes using it for Formula 1. A London Grand Prix using the stadium and Olympic park.

I wonder if that is part of our bid :think:
SoulCircus
Has liked: 12 likes
Total likes: 87 likes

Post by SoulCircus »

ILoveWHU wrote:Just been watching the Formula 1 practice and they said one of the bids for the OS includes using it for Formula 1. A London Grand Prix using the stadium and Olympic park.

Was an article on this in today's Telegraph:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/olympi ... ld-is.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Sounds like another of Bernie's ludicrous ideas to me...
ILoveWHU
Has liked: 9 likes
Total likes: 19 likes

Post by ILoveWHU »

It is Intelligent Transport Solutions who are bidding for use of the stadium but not to own it.

http://www.london24.com/sport/other/for ... 1_1419046?
QuintonNimoy

Post by QuintonNimoy »

ILoveWHU wrote:Just been watching the Formula 1 practice and they said one of the bids for the OS includes using it for Formula 1. A London Grand Prix using the stadium and Olympic park.

This reminds me of an old Leyton Orient ground redevelopment business plan from around 10 years ago-ish that gave me a good laugh. Presumably they're dusting this one off for the OS now. I wouldn't have too much faith in it.