Final Polling at Hull game

An archive of news, events and discussion leading up to and post West Ham United's historic move from Upton Park to Stratford in 2016.

Moderators: Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks, Gnome

Doc H Ball
Has liked: 914 likes
Total likes: 1902 likes

Final Polling at Hull game

Post by Doc H Ball »

WHU's View? continues to ballot fans and will do so, finally, at the Hull game.

All votes will then be collated and figures released on Monday. We have already had far more responses than any other poll and want to get as many votes as possible.

If you have not already done so, you can vote by registering online at http://www.whusview.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
or by completing a ballot form outside the ground.

Please note that only season ticket holders/members can vote online and any duplicate votes are discounted.

If you can help distribute ballot forms or want to help in any way, please pm me. Ta.
-DL-
Bag Man
Has liked: 837 likes
Total likes: 4958 likes

Re: Final Polling at Hull game

Post by -DL- »

Just out of curiosity Doc, how do you know for sure that there isn't any duplicate voting? If I was strongly anti the move, what is there to stop me getting my wife/brother/sister/mate (you get the drift) to fill one in with the answer I tell them to put?
MD_HM
Has liked: 38 likes
Total likes: 339 likes

Post by MD_HM »

It doesnt take a genius to work out this "poll" is going to show a majority are against the move.

Those for or willing to see the plans before making a judgement out of nothing on the move are not going to be arsed...

Sat in my current seat in DML for the last decade and all those fellow season ticket holders around me fall into the above mentioned categories.

Hopefully promotion on the 19th and then we get to see the plans on the 21st and see if the knicker wetting has been worth it.
Doc H Ball
Has liked: 914 likes
Total likes: 1902 likes

Post by Doc H Ball »

Dyer's Leg wrote:Just out of curiosity Doc, how do you know for sure that there isn't any duplicate voting? If I was strongly anti the move, what is there to stop me getting my wife/brother/sister/mate (you get the drift) to fill one in with the answer I tell them to put?
The forms have been handed out only at home games DL and the vast majority completed there and then. I think something like 80% of the votes have come from season ticket holders/members with their patron numbers. We've gone through the names making sure there's no duplicates.

As for MD_HM, well you've been sour about any ballot from day 1 ain't you? Fair enough, but I've stood talking with literally hundreds of people going to the last few home games asking them to fill a ballot whether they're in favour or not. The votes from trains to away games, from the alley to the East Side, from Green Street, from the pubs and cafes, from The Supporters' Club and from the Scandinavian Hammers by way of letter have all been remarkably consistent in terms of percentages. It's why the club didn't do one.
brownout
Has liked: 91 likes
Total likes: 173 likes

Post by brownout »

Votes have been collated and checked, with any duplicates taken out. There were a number of duplicates in the online votes but these have been deleted.
The votes from different poll points (around the ground, pubs, away games) have all given a similar percentage of Nos.
Most matchgoing fans have had an opportunity to vote whatever their views and we have been just as keen to get pro and anti people to vote.
Hammer110

Post by Hammer110 »

brownout wrote:Votes have been collated and checked, with any duplicates taken out. There were a number of duplicates in the online votes but these have been deleted.
The votes from different poll points (around the ground, pubs, away games) have all given a similar percentage of Nos.
Most matchgoing fans have had an opportunity to vote whatever their views and we have been just as keen to get pro and anti people to vote.
I hope when you publish the results you give the total number of votes cast and not just percentages
brownout

Post by brownout »

Yes we will quote total number of votes and percentages.
These will be broken down into season ticket holder / members & match attenders who aren't members.
York Ham(mer)
Has liked: 111 likes
Total likes: 154 likes

Post by York Ham(mer) »

Is the ballot being conducted by independent scrutineers?
Francoisvander or else
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 98 likes

Post by Francoisvander or else »

York Ham(mer) wrote:Is the ballot being conducted by independent scrutineers?
I would guess it adheres to all the rules put in place by the club when they undertoook their comprehensive polling :wink:
Hammer110

Post by Hammer110 »

Probably not but does it matter, its being carried out by people who could be bothered to do it, who are neither campaigning for or against the move and it's all we are going to get.
MD_HM
Has liked: 38 likes
Total likes: 339 likes

Post by MD_HM »

Didn't address the point that those of us willing to wait to see the plans before forming an opinion are not interested in your ballot.

At present only people having been to the stadium or seen the plans are in a position to pass judgement or vote on anythin, anyone that hasn't is not in a position to vote on the future of our club.

My biggest problem with the ballot and many people on here regarding the move is that I know many don't want to move under any circumstances or for selfish reasons.

Any potential decision HAS to be based on what is best for the club's future and progression NOT on the fact someone doesn't like change.

IF the conversion, branding and terms are in the clubs favour then I would happly vote FOR the move, but if we were to move as it is now and not branded for West Ham then I would vote NO.

If in three weeks time the plans show a converted West Ham branded stadium then all this was pointless waste of effort, if it turns out to remain an unbranded shell in the plans then I will apologise to you
-DL-
Bag Man
Has liked: 837 likes
Total likes: 4958 likes

Post by -DL- »

Cheers for clearing that up Doc :thup:
Hammer110

Post by Hammer110 »

MD_HM wrote:Didn't address the point that those of us willing to wait to see the plans before forming an opinion are not interested in your ballot.

At present only people having been to the stadium or seen the plans are in a position to pass judgement or vote on anythin, anyone that hasn't is not in a position to vote on the future of our club.

My biggest problem with the ballot and many people on here regarding the move is that I know many don't want to move under any circumstances or for selfish reasons.

Any potential decision HAS to be based on what is best for the club's future and progression NOT on the fact someone doesn't like change.

IF the conversion, branding and terms are in the clubs favour then I would happly vote FOR the move, but if we were to move as it is now and not branded for West Ham then I would vote NO.

If in three weeks time the plans show a converted West Ham branded stadium then all this was pointless waste of effort, if it turns out to remain an unbranded shell in the plans then I will apologise to you
The problem wasn't with having a ballot as such, it was the lack of neutral answer, "Undecided"!
brownout

Post by brownout »

No, but all votes are being recorded with any duplicates deleted.
Although only Yes / No options were given, there is a comments box, and we advised those who did not wish to vote yes or no, to indicate this in the comments box - as a number of fans have.

Of course ballot run by an independent polling organisation woudl ahve been best. This is what we asked the club to do. The cost would have been about £10,000. Everton did this on their proposed move.

The club have shown no interest in such an independent poll. They may be constrained by confidentiality at the moment, but they have chosen not to hold a poll at any stage in either this or the previosu bid. Brady told the BBC that they will hold a poll after 21st May, but Sullivan has said we are not a democracy and wont poll fans.
paulhs1
Has liked: 1726 likes
Total likes: 1480 likes

Post by paulhs1 »

MD_HM... You seem to put a lot of trust in our owners and Brady when they have given you more than enough reasons to do otherwise!
Pedant

Post by Pedant »

What was your sampling methodology?
paulhs1
Has liked: 1726 likes
Total likes: 1480 likes

Post by paulhs1 »

Pedant wrote:What was your sampling methodology?
See David Gold's tweets regarding the OS, You could say a contradiction in terms.

Also see the below;

http://www.kumb.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=139586" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

From a personal point of view i've had some dealings with the club and met Brady, so perhaps i've got more reason to be doubtful of their intentions.
Pedant

Post by Pedant »

paulhs1 wrote: See David Gold's tweets regarding the OS, You could say a contradiction in terms.

Also see the below;

http://www.kumb.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=139586" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

From a personal point of view i've had some dealings with the club and met Brady, so perhaps i've got more reason to be doubtful of their intentions.
What was your sampling methodology?
Hammer110

Post by Hammer110 »

Pedant wrote:What was your sampling methodology?
If people wanted to vote they voted, if they didn't they didn't.
Pedant

Post by Pedant »

So statistically worthless then.

The term for this is canvassing, not polling.