Final Polling at Hull game

An archive of news, events and discussion leading up to and post West Ham United's historic move from Upton Park to Stratford in 2016.

Moderators: Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks, Gnome

Rocketron
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 49 likes

Re: Final Polling at Hull game

Post by Rocketron »

Doc H Ball wrote:WHU's View? continues to ballot fans and will do so, finally, at the Hull game.

All votes will then be collated and figures released on Monday. We have already had far more responses than any other poll and want to get as many votes as possible.

If you have not already done so, you can vote by registering online at http://www.whusview.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
or by completing a ballot form outside the ground.

Please note that only season ticket holders/members can vote online and any duplicate votes are discounted.

If you can help distribute ballot forms or want to help in any way, please pm me. Ta.
Ahem.
mywhufc

Post by mywhufc »

Results will be announced this coming week, they all had to be counted and re counted, checked for any double votes, and then split into groups I.e season ticket holders members etc etc. then typed up into a report, and all votes filed so they can be inspected by those they need to. Fully transparent with nothing to hide.
Though of course that won't be good enough for some on here but we did the best we could on limited resources, funded out of our own pockets. Feel free to step forward if they think they could do it better.
adie

Post by adie »

Pedant the reason WHUsview didn't employ the services of NOP or the Electoral Reform Services is down to ten bags of sand. You expect fans who make no money out of supporting West Ham United to cough up, don't you think our millionaire owners should be putting their hands in their sky, they could of covered the cost from the sales of tea and coffee on a matchday. Every fan had the chance to vote, whether you are a season ticket holder, a member or a match going fan, even overseas supporters could vote online, so that just about covers everyone don't it ? Maybe you should put your money where your mouth is.
Hammer110

Post by Hammer110 »

adie wrote: Every fan had the chance to vote, whether you are a season ticket holder, a member or a match going fan, even overseas supporters could vote online, so that just about covers everyone don't it ?
Does it? Are you sure that a) you got your message out to every fan, b) you had sufficient numbers on the ground to collect peoples votes c) there was no qualifier that prevented some fans from voting (online anyway), like a customer number?

Sorry mate West Hams View stuck to its word and tried to give the fans the opportunity to have their say following the clubs refusal to do so and they did the best they could, no one should knock them for that but lets not exaggerate.
brownout
Has liked: 91 likes
Total likes: 173 likes

Post by brownout »

We asked for customer numbers if possible but not all fans have these or knew them. This was to help delete any duplicates - either by name or number. When reported the votes will be broken down into those with & without customer number. Any fan could vote but the vast majority who voted would have been match attenders.
mywhufc

Post by mywhufc »

Hammer110 wrote:
Does it? Are you sure that a) you got your message out to every fan, b) you had sufficient numbers on the ground to collect peoples votes c) there was no qualifier that prevented some fans from voting (online anyway), like a customer number?

Sorry mate West Hams View stuck to its word and tried to give the fans the opportunity to have their say following the clubs refusal to do so and they did the best they could, no one should knock them for that but lets not exaggerate.
A - No, but we tried, leaflets in advance, BBC tv, covering 3 games.
B - No, only managed to get extra help for the 1st game, work commitments even stopped members of WHUs view from leafletting,
C - yes there was, this was to stop just anyone from voting, and best way for us to find any double voters.

This was by no means the best way to do it, but it way the only way that WHUs view could do it.
Hammer110

Post by Hammer110 »

Gents, there was no criticism intended, on your limited resources ect you could not run the perfect poll nor fulfil what adie claimed. I admire you for doing what you did, it doesn't need to be made out to be more than that.

:thup:
MD_HM
Has liked: 38 likes
Total likes: 339 likes

Post by MD_HM »

Only one question asked, which was chosen by a group where 90% of them are against the move and it was angled to get a negative response...

The key to the question you have asked is it's based on the "information available" which we all know is not in the public domain so it's never going to come back as positive :lol:

So if you had asked...

Would you want to move to the Olympic Stadium if there was a new seating arrangement, fully branded west ham, new roof and new facilities?

Then the results would show in favour of the move oppose to yours which will show against as there is no information available to voters!!!!
mywhufc

Post by mywhufc »

MD_HM wrote:Only one question asked, which was chosen by a group where 90% of them are against the move and it was angled to get a negative response...

The key to the question you have asked is it's based on the "information available" which we all know is not in the public domain so it's never going to come back as positive :lol:

So if you had asked...

Would you want to move to the Olympic Stadium if there was a new seating arrangement, fully branded west ham, new roof and new facilities?

Then the results would show in favour of the move oppose to yours which will show against as there is no information available to voters!!!!
90% not against the move, 90% against the move to an athletics stadium.
It wasn't angled to get a negative response, it was angled to get a yes or no answer,
How do you know what the result would have been if your questioned asked.
paulhs1
Has liked: 1726 likes
Total likes: 1480 likes

Post by paulhs1 »

Md_HM when you say branding..are you saying you will not be in favour if the seating remains black and white ?
Francoisvander or else
Total likes: 98 likes

Post by Francoisvander or else »

Pedant wrote:So statistically worthless then.

The term for this is canvassing, not polling.
But not a statistically worthless as yours :lol:
MD_HM

Post by MD_HM »

mywhufc - see thread below

http://www.kumb.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=135679" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Survey I put together had range of questions... That question had a 75% vote for the move

But 86% were against the move to the question would you move as it is now... It proves my point exactly.

paulhs1 - I would prefer claret & blue seating BUT depends on the whole branding and package overall, I'll wait for the plans and let you know what I think.

Having been to the stadium yesterday, my feelings echo the results above from the survey I created... As it is now wont work but with the right conversions could be amazing.
paulhs1
Has liked: 1726 likes
Total likes: 1480 likes

Post by paulhs1 »

Hammer110 wrote:Gents, there was no criticism intended, on your limited resources ect you could not run the perfect poll nor fulfil what adie claimed. I admire you for doing what you did, it doesn't need to be made out to be more than that.

:thup:
No criticism taken H110...we always knew it was never going to be 100% perfect but it was better than nothing. Many fans have given support and thanked whusview outside the groubd for going to the effort. In the very least we have given a few thousand fans the chance to have their say which can't be a bad thing !
Last edited by paulhs1 on Sun May 06, 2012 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
the pink palermo
Huge noggin
Has liked: 747 likes
Total likes: 2918 likes

Post by the pink palermo »

MD_HM wrote: Having been to the stadium yesterday, my feelings echo the results above from the survey I created... As it is now wont work but with the right conversions could be amazing.
Yes, and if we signed Messi, Xavi , Ronaldo , etc etc we would be sure of getting promotion .........
Francoisvander or else
Total likes: 98 likes

Post by Francoisvander or else »

MD your clutching at straws fella, lets look at your question in detail.

A, What do you mean by new seating arrangement? It can mean a host of things and could just be the addition of new corporate boxes or closing off the ends behind the goal. If you think your going to see plans for retractable seating in a few weeks time you are going to be sorely dissapointed, the best you will get is a meccano set of temporary stands.
B, Fully branded in your eyes includes what exactly? Seats, the wrap, changing rooms, claret and blue running track perhaps?
C, New roof, well thats a given but what I would want to know is how many seat will not be under cover
D, New facilities, forgive me if I'm wrong but the facilities are new, they was only officially opened last night

One thing your questions doesn't mention is wonga. If the board are so confident why don't they state in any question or poll how much extra investment into the playing staff moving to the Olypic Stadium will allow. Most potential new owners when taking over a club use this as a bargaining tool for getting fans on board, the silence from our boardroom is deafening.
the pink palermo
Huge noggin
Has liked: 747 likes
Total likes: 2918 likes

Post by the pink palermo »

Francoisvander or else wrote:One thing your questions doesn't mention is wonga. If the board are so confident why don't they state in any question or poll how much extra investment into the playing staff moving to the Olypic Stadium will allow. Most potential new owners when taking over a club use this as a bargaining tool for getting fans on board, the silence from our boardroom is deafening.
This was a specific question asked by me to Karren Brady at a SAB meeting - the infamous one - and which she refused to answer .
wizzo_66
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 32 likes

Post by wizzo_66 »

We going to see the results or am I missing something?
brownout
Has liked: 91 likes
Total likes: 173 likes

Post by brownout »

wizzo_66 wrote:We going to see the results or am I missing something?
You will see them very soon.
MD_HM

Post by MD_HM »

wizzo_66 wrote:We going to see the results or am I missing something?
85% - 95% against the move according to neutral poll conducted :lol:

Leak them to various press sources trying to cause a riff to give the impression most fans don't want to go there blah blah blah

It's amazing what trouble just 9 people against the move can cause.
mywhufc

Post by mywhufc »

The reason for the delay s that one of our members was was/still is seriously ill. It held up the count being crossed referenced and tripled checked.
I don't expect that reason to pacify the sneerers, but we have nothing to gain in delaying.
Those that want to criticise will still criticise no matter what we do or when we say it.