Decision on stadium likely to be delayed

An archive of news, events and discussion leading up to and post West Ham United's historic move from Upton Park to Stratford in 2016.

Moderators: Gnome, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

WHURS

Re: Decision on stadium likely to be delayed

Post by WHURS »

Our core match going support this season has been around 45K

if you take an average attendance of 30k - 18k season tickets, we have 12,000 visitors every game x 23 games / 10 (average number games attented) 12K x 23 / 10 = 27600 add that to the season tickets and you get a core of 45600 regular attendees to upton park.

It shouldn't be too big a leap of faith to get these people to go more games if the pricing is right, I recon the club will do deals like 4 games for £100 say for Band 3 tickets and games Man U, Everton, Sunderland, Wigan. which would price season tickets in that area at about £420. if we can get the 16-24's back to fill the cheapest areas plus a 5k away allocation we will get to 85% avarage.

I do hate the term Johnny come latelys, every one of us had to start somewhere, tomorrow that same person could be the 10 year season ticket holder.
Francoisvander or else
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 100 likes

Post by Francoisvander or else »

WHURS wrote:Our core match going support this season has been around 45K

if you take an average attendance of 30k - 18k season tickets, we have 12,000 visitors every game x 23 games / 10 (average number games attented) 12K x 23 / 10 = 27600 add that to the season tickets and you get a core of 45600 regular attendees to upton park.

It shouldn't be too big a leap of faith to get these people to go more games if the pricing is right, I recon the club will do deals like 4 games for £100 say for Band 3 tickets and games Man U, Everton, Sunderland, Wigan. which would price season tickets in that area at about £420. if we can get the 16-24's back to fill the cheapest areas plus a 5k away allocation we will get to 85% avarage.

I do hate the term Johnny come latelys, every one of us had to start somewhere, tomorrow that same person could be the 10 year season ticket holder.
Let me say this again what are the extra revenue figures, when you find out let me know. Tickets this season have been cheap enough and even the season befor there were good discounts to be had and we still didn't sell out. Unfortunately cheap tickets isn't enough on its own to put bums on seats we have learnt that over the years, success will bring in the punters but seeing we never managed that in the years when people didn't buy their league position I haven't seen anything to convince me we can do it now when you need to spend circa 50+ million a year.
manstev
Has liked: 9 likes
Total likes: 4 likes

Post by manstev »

I was reading the loympic stadium thread over at http://www.skyscrapercity.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;, and someone has posted this today :

This saturday 26th May 10am - 2pm at Stratford library the London legacy developement Corporation are showing their plans for a 60,000 multiuse stadium (80,000 for concerts) and a seperate 6 lane community running track. (probably the Olympic warm up track). Official notice in the Newham Recorder

Make of it what you will...?
Johnny Byrne's Boots
Has liked: 1848 likes
Total likes: 2105 likes

Post by Johnny Byrne's Boots »

Top level athletics stipulate an eight lane track. Guess where that will be.
Iron-worx

Post by Iron-worx »

Johnny Byrne's Boots wrote:Top level athletics stipulate an eight lane track. Guess where that will be.
My guess would be under removable seating other than when in use for athletics........
Doc H Ball
Has liked: 936 likes
Total likes: 1948 likes

Post by Doc H Ball »

manstev wrote: showing their plans for a 60,000 multiuse stadium
Plans? Plans? Plans? ****ing hell! 2 years 4 months and counting....

Hey, what about the confidentiality? I thought nobody except Clunge was allowed to see anything.

I suggest somebody attends Stratford Library on Saturday to inspect these 'plans'. It will probably be a collage of schoolkids' crayon drawings or you'll be bundled into a van and held in a cellar, but someone please go.
Iron-worx

Post by Iron-worx »

Doc H Ball wrote:Hey, what about the confidentiality? I thought nobody except Clunge was allowed to see anything.
I wouldn't expect to be seeing anything but generalised plans that will apply whoever were to be awarded the stadium is the answer to that.....
EvilC
Location: In the street as the cold wind blows, in the ghetto...
Has liked: 2648 likes
Total likes: 1195 likes

Post by EvilC »

Doc H Ball wrote:Plans? Plans? Plans? ****ing hell! 2 years 4 months and counting....
It's a good job we've made some plans now, as Ian Tomkins said he didn't know exactly what we were going to do and that everything was up for discussion.
Iron-worx

Post by Iron-worx »

EvilC wrote:It's a good job we've made some plans now, as Ian Tomkins said he didn't know exactly what we were going to do and that everything was up for discussion.
Eh - The plans referred to are the plans of the London Legacy Development Corporation, nothing to do with Ian Tomkins :?
paulhs1
Has liked: 1740 likes
Total likes: 1488 likes

Post by paulhs1 »

Iron-worx wrote: Eh - The plans referred to are the plans of the London Legacy Development Corporation, nothing to do with Ian Tomkins :?
I spoke to Stratford library who know nothing about it?
Last edited by paulhs1 on Fri May 25, 2012 10:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
paulhs1

Post by paulhs1 »

Iron-worx wrote: I wouldn't expect to be seeing anything but generalised plans that will apply whoever were to be awarded the stadium is the answer to that.....
I doubt that the LLDC have any detailed plans as they don't know what's going to happen to the stadium yet, but if they do then it is likely to have with no retractable/temporary seating or a hotel/university campus or corporate boxes behind the goals and will probably be the complete opposite of what the SAB saw.

Personally those plans are best case scenario type stuff that Brady got an architect to put together and in my opinion will never come to fruition. Not unless the LLDC are willing to pay considerably more than £95M. In any case Brady got the outcome she wanted as "100% of people that saw the plans agreed to it".
MEM

Post by MEM »

Patience ~ Plans are nothing; planning is everything. Dwight D. Eisenhower :think:
paulhs1

Post by paulhs1 »

MEM wrote:Patience ~ Plans are nothing; planning is everything. Dwight D. Eisenhower :think:
I'll lay a wager that when we finally see the final DETAILED plans the lease will be signed!
Iron-worx

Post by Iron-worx »

paulhs1 wrote:I'll lay a wager that when we finally see the final DETAILED plans the lease will be signed!
Logically that may well be so....

I would assume the LLDC confidentiality clause to be in force until the award is made at least, that would seem to be the earliest time that it might be lifted....

So it would depend upon how much time there is between the award and the signing of the lease....

If the LLDC confidentiality clause is in force beyond the award, or if the award and lease signing are within a short time of one another, then it is logical that the lease will be signed before public viewing of the detailed plans.....

I think we can thank all the various litigants and private investigator hirers for that, is it any real surprise that the LLDC want to keep things so far as is possible under wraps.
IronMaiden123

Post by IronMaiden123 »

Iron-worx wrote: Logically that may well be so....

I would assume the LLDC confidentiality clause to be in force until the award is made at least, that would seem to be the earliest time that it might be lifted....

So it would depend upon how much time there is between the award and the signing of the lease....

If the LLDC confidentiality clause is in force beyond the award, or if the award and lease signing are within a short time of one another, then it is logical that the lease will be signed before public viewing of the detailed plans.....

I think we can thank all the various litigants and private investigator hirers for that, is it any real surprise that the LLDC want to keep things so far as is possible under wraps.
Of course the LLDC require that commercially sensitive details remain confidential, but there is much here that isn't commercially sensitive. I believe the club itself has extended the confidentiality commitment for its own convenience to include things they could be telling and showing supporters but are chosing not to. They are hiding behind the confidentiality clause because frankly they do not wish to consult with fans until their plans are a fait accompli.
Hammer110

Post by Hammer110 »

IronMaiden123 wrote:Of course the LLDC require that commercially sensitive details remain confidential, but there is much here that isn't commercially sensitive. I believe the club itself has extended the confidentiality commitment for its own convenience to include things they could be telling and showing supporters but are chosing not to. They are hiding behind the confidentiality clause because frankly they do not wish to consult with fans until their plans are a fait accompli.
Such as? I have been involved in a similar process (not quite so valuble) with a pubic body and it was a bit like Fight Club:

"The first rule of Fight Club is: You do not talk about Fight Club. The second rule of Fight Club is: You do not talk about Fight Club."

Because the easiest way to ensure the confidentiality of a process is a blanket ban on all public discussions. Do you really think the LLDC would sit there taking the blame for the club not discussing it with the fans, not on your nelly most people that sit on these sort of things have far bigger egos than that!
Iron-worx

Post by Iron-worx »

IronMaiden123 wrote:Of course the LLDC require that commercially sensitive details remain confidential,

but there is much here that isn't commercially sensitive. I believe the club itself has extended the confidentiality commitment for its own convenience to include things they could be telling and showing supporters but are chosing not to. They are hiding behind the confidentiality clause because frankly they do not wish to consult with fans until their plans are a fait accompli.
Your first eleven words are so off track as to completely shoot the credibility of what follows them...

They've had multiple litigants and complainants totally wreck their award process....

And they've had private investigators putting their executives under surveillance, hacking phones, illegally accessing bank account records.....

Baroness Ford to the London Assembly where she may have been sued for what she said but wasn't: '...“My board were put under surveillance by Tottenham Hotspur and the chairman of Tottenham Hotspur felt confident enough to say in the Sunday Times several months ago that all 14 members of my board were put under surveillance. The Metropolitan police are now conducting an investigation into that surveillance.

“There has been all kinds of behavior here that I could not have anticipated which, believe me, has not been pleasant in the last 12 months.”

It's painfully obvious why the LLDC confidentiality clause is there, and it should be equally as obvious why it's hard and fast and cover all....

Anybody in their right mind would do exactly the same as the LLDC have and put the strictest of confidentiality clauses in place given what occurred during the last award process.
Pop Robson
Has liked: 34 likes
Total likes: 15 likes

Post by Pop Robson »

Has another official date been announced yet for the final final decision ?
Mr_Andersonn

Post by Mr_Andersonn »

WHUTerry wrote:Out of curiosity I looked up Miillwall's ticket details for that final and season ticket holders could get 4 tickets, members could get 4 tickets and then even general sale could get 4 tickets. We had 1 ticket per season ticket and one for each member. Applying Millwall's ticket allocation, we could have comfortably filled the stadium.

The true gauge of a club's potential is probably the turn out when things aren't going well. We were averaging over 30k after several years of being walloped week in week out in the PL and also in the second tier.

The potential is there.
I also looked this up out of curiousity and do you know Millwall were allocated less than 22,000 tickets!

I am not sure where the 50,000 figure was plucked from. The final was at Cardiff which only holds 72,000 and looking at the footage I would say there were 40,000 Man Utd fans to Milwalls 22,000. Corporate tickets were 9,000.
Mr_Andersonn

Post by Mr_Andersonn »

Pop Robson wrote:Has another official date been announced yet for the final final decision ?
This was only put back by 8 weeks so I assume early July the decision will be announced.

Contracts should then be signed by the construction team in October.