WHU's View? poll result

An archive of news, events and discussion leading up to and post West Ham United's historic move from Upton Park to Stratford in 2016.

Moderators: Gnome, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Doc H Ball
Has liked: 939 likes
Total likes: 1952 likes

Re: WHU's View? poll result

Post by Doc H Ball »

deleted
Last edited by Doc H Ball on Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
brownout
Has liked: 97 likes
Total likes: 180 likes

Post by brownout »

So do we trust the club to keep their word and hold a poll before committing to the stadium?
Last edited by brownout on Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Doc H Ball

Post by Doc H Ball »

deleted
Last edited by Doc H Ball on Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mywhufc

Post by mywhufc »

eastsider wrote: Look at the poll on this forum only 21% against the move, even the Liberal democrats would be dissapointed with that percentage!!!!
No, the poll on here is a good enough guide for anybody and considering this forums anti move stance I think the silent majority have had there say very nicely despite some bullying the pro posters !!!

3,000 voted in Whus view poll, 86.7% said no, all voters taken at the ground.
Bit more than the 502 that have voted yes on here, some of these 500 possibly don't even go to games, we don't know. So it does show how desperate the club is when they like to use a vote where just over 500 have said yes compared to the other where well over 2000 said no.

Apparently the club received complaints over the Whus view poll as well.
brownout

Post by brownout »

At the recent SAB meeting the club gave no indication that it would keep its promises to consult and poll before committing to the Olympic Stadium.
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place
Has liked: 764 likes
Total likes: 3494 likes

Post by Up the Junction »

eastsider wrote:... considering this forums anti move stance...
That doesn't exist. But don't let the truth get in the way...
eastsider wrote:What is that all about????
I'd say that's about you talking b*llocks.
Diogenes
Has liked: 480 likes
Total likes: 1201 likes

Post by Diogenes »

brownout wrote:So do we trust the club to keep their word and hold a poll before committing to the stadium?
I could be wrong, and very often am, but I dont recall the club exactly saying they would have a poll on whether we would go to the OS or not. They said they would consult, but specifically about what? Whether pro the OS, or anti rightly or wrongly I can't recall anything that said the fans would decide??
mywhufc

Post by mywhufc »

Diogenes wrote:]

I could be wrong, and very often am, but I dont recall the club exactly saying they would have a poll on whether we would go to the OS or not. They said they would consult, but specifically about what? Whether pro the OS, or anti rightly or wrongly I can't recall anything that said the fans would decide??
might not have in public, but behind closed doors, they definitely have, on more than 1 occasion to more Than 1 person.
Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

Er... I sort of rest my case. To who have they said and when that the fans will decide on the OS? Not saying its right, but I still havn't seen such a statement.
brownout

Post by brownout »

Brady has put it in writing that they would hold a poll and on another occasion given the BBC a statement saying they would hold a poll. Plus they have said verbally on several occasions that they will poll.

Whether the promises were made in good faith or were simply a ploy to try to stop WHU's VIEW from carrying out their own poll is a matter of opinion.
Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

brownout wrote:Brady has put it in writing that they would hold a poll and on another occasion given the BBC a statement saying they would hold a poll. Plus they have said verbally on several occasions that they will poll.

Whether the promises were made in good faith or were simply a ploy to try to stop WHU's VIEW from carrying out their own poll is a matter of opinion.
But my point is a Poll on what? Its not unusual to promise consultation in times of potential conflict, but also not unusual to not state what that consultation would be about. Its often used as a political ploy to calm the masses. People assume the consultation/Poll will be about them having some say in the decision whereby the other party mean that it will actually be about 'views' on the implementation of the decision, that they may or may not take on board. I think that is what has occurred here.
EvilC
Location: In the street as the cold wind blows, in the ghetto...
Has liked: 2660 likes
Total likes: 1197 likes

Post by EvilC »

Diogenes - so you are saying she has willfully misled people? It is hardly surprising that people are sceptical about the move.
Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

EvilC wrote:Diogenes - so you are saying she has willfully misled people? It is hardly surprising that people are sceptical about the move.
Not really. I think people often believe what they want to believe. If you think about it, the only thing the board have been consistent about is that they will bid for the OS. I have never seen a comment where they have said they would ‘consult’ then decide if they bid. That would be wilfully misleading. Have they been politically astute (to put it politely) or economical with the truth? Probably. But show me a well run business that isn't.

I'm sure there will be a consultation process, if we are awarded the OS. But, depending on what choices WHUFC still have, I can see it being primarily on match day 'experiences' eg. aesthetics, facilties, etc. Strangely enough that will involve and sway many further undecided supporters. Remember the Romans built an Empire based on giving the masses 'bread and circuses'! Nothing has changed.
EvilC
Location: In the street as the cold wind blows, in the ghetto...
Has liked: 2660 likes
Total likes: 1197 likes

Post by EvilC »

Diogenes wrote:Not really. I think people often believe what they want to believe. If you think about it, the only thing the board have been consistent about is that they will bid for the OS. I have never seen a comment where they have said they would ‘consult’ then decide if they bid. That would be wilfully misleading. Have they been politically astute (to put it politely) or economical with the truth? Probably. But show me a well run business that isn't.

I'm sure there will be a consultation process, if we are awarded the OS. But, depending on what choices WHUFC still have, I can see it being primarily on match day 'experiences' eg. aesthetics, facilties, etc. Strangely enough that will involve and sway many further undecided supporters. Remember the Romans built an Empire based on giving the masses 'bread and circuses'! Nothing has changed.
Well they've given us a circus, that's for sure. Also, the Roman Empire collapsed, so that offers little comfort.
Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

As all Empires do (lasted 400 years though). I wasn't seeking to justify it, just to make the point that nothing really changes and how little say the 'masses' really have or often really want. Also, how easily sometimes the fire of rebellion is dampened when given a pie and a pint and a show! What was once a mighty rebelious throng is often diminished to finally a few diehards. I'm not saying its right, but a cynical, albeit accutate, view of life.
HarrowInnHammer

Post by HarrowInnHammer »

WHUs view got a next move considering today's news?
mywhufc

Post by mywhufc »

HarrowInnHammer wrote:WHUs view got a next move considering today's news?
Yes
Hammer110

Post by Hammer110 »

Presumably to be part of the process:
KB wrote:As part of this we stand by our commitment to conduct full supporter consultation regarding the move, including the polling of supporters. You can be confident that wherever there is an opportunity for West Ham to input in the decisions going forward, our supporters will be at the forefront.

We have already taken the first step towards this by calling an emergency meeting of our Supporter Advisory Board on Tuesday 11th December at 6pm to advise on the best methods to consult the wider support base going forward.
Doc H Ball

Post by Doc H Ball »

deleted
Last edited by Doc H Ball on Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Hammer110

Post by Hammer110 »

Its more than I expected to be honest.