NO to Olympic Stadium banners/flags

An archive of news, events and discussion leading up to and post West Ham United's historic move from Upton Park to Stratford in 2016.

Moderators: Gnome, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

paulhs1
Has liked: 1736 likes
Total likes: 1482 likes

Re: NO to Olympic Stadium banners/flags

Post by paulhs1 »

westhamnick wrote:can people not see by cancel season tickets you are hurting the club even more. whether you support the idea or not the club needs to have you there, otherwise i fear we wont even half fill the stadium. But yer your right, its worth ruining the club to prove just how much you love upton park and despise the thought of moving 1 mile down the road to an incredible stadium, better transport links, cheaper tickets an opportunity to get new 'young fans', more income, more money to spend on players.....

i love upton park and would be just as happy if we stay their as i would be if we move. But i genuinely fear our own fans are going to ruin the club by 'striking'.
This conversation is taking a turn for the surreal. Suddenly any fan cancelling their season ticket is hurting the club and trying to ruin WHUFC.
No one has the right to lecture someone on who or what they spend their money on. It's that simple.
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place
Has liked: 748 likes
Total likes: 3444 likes

Post by Up the Junction »

the pink palermo wrote:You've missed your vocation guv. Neat dodge, but I think I have your answer.
It seems you've missed yours too... Derren Brown should be worried :D
the pink palermo
Huge noggin
Has liked: 758 likes
Total likes: 2939 likes

Post by the pink palermo »

Up the Junction wrote: It seems you've missed yours too... Derren Brown should be worried
He agrees with me . :wink:
westhamnick

Post by westhamnick »

i do have the right, its my opinion.....
westhamnick

Post by westhamnick »

pink palermo...how is it outrageous?

your telling me that it doesnt hurt the club? it is everyones right to go or not to go to football....however by people cancelling their season ticket just on the basis the club is moving a mile down the road, for me that is outrageous.

'i love west ham so much im not going to go in protest', i think its bollo* and is hurting the club more than you think.
EvilC
Location: In the street as the cold wind blows, in the ghetto...
Has liked: 2625 likes
Total likes: 1178 likes

Post by EvilC »

westhamnick wrote:pink palermo...how is it outrageous?

your telling me that it doesnt hurt the club? it is everyones right to go or not to go to football....however by people cancelling their season ticket just on the basis the club is moving a mile down the road, for me that is outrageous.

'i love west ham so much im not going to go in protest', i think its bollo* and is hurting the club more than you think.
If the club move and attendances are poor then you'll have to look at those that chose to move (i.e. the owners) for putting supporters in a place where they choose not to go.

Our fans have shown more than enough loyalty over the years. Given the way football has changed over the years it is easy to see how something like this could be the straw that broke the camel's back for some people.
paulhs1
Has liked: 1736 likes
Total likes: 1482 likes

Post by paulhs1 »

westhamnick wrote:i do have the right, its my opinion.....
Your saying you have the right to tell people how they can or can't spend their money?
adie

Post by adie »

I'm surprised how confident the pro-movers are that we are moving and the stadium is gonna be fine, not even Karren Brady is that confident, maybe cos she knows how much money will be spent on the stadium conversion.
the pink palermo
Huge noggin

westhamnick wrote:pink palermo...how is it outrageous?

As I've pointed out previously .I'm not deserting the club .

The club however , have made their choice .....
HarrowInnHammer

Post by HarrowInnHammer »

BSB1 wrote:We're four years away from even setting foot in the OS, haven't seen the plans, don't know the prices and haven't seen the facilities that will be available.

And you don't want to be hypocritical?!
Plans have nothing to do with my views.
Its how the move will change West Ham, club statement:
"We are ambitious for our great club and aim to set the benchmark for visiting away and neutral football supporters from across the globe to come and enjoy the iconic stadium and be part of our Premier League club experience.''
:thdn:
westhamnick

Post by westhamnick »

im not telling people how to spend there money, they can do what they want...surely im allowed an opinion though? is that not what forums are about?
the pink palermo
Huge noggin

westhamnick wrote:im not telling people how to spend there money, they can do what they want...surely im allowed an opinion though? is that not what forums are about?
For my part, I've not disputed your right to make your opinions known .I have, however, expressed mine in reply .

You wouldn't deny me the same courtesy I afforded you would you ?
BSB1

Post by BSB1 »

HarrowInnHammer wrote:
Plans have nothing to do with my views.
Its how the move will change West Ham, club statement:
"We are ambitious for our great club and aim to set the benchmark for visiting away and neutral football supporters from across the globe to come and enjoy the iconic stadium and be part of our Premier League club experience.''
That statement could be used as PR for Upton Park.

The point I'm making is that you seem to have passed judgement on moving to the OS before setting foot in it. None of us know what it's going to be like. It could be the best thing we've ever done. It could be a pile of crap. I just find it strange that you and others are so quick to write it off without even knowing what it will entail.

Seeing as you're likely to quit West Ham anyway, surely it's worth actually seeing what it's like there before doing so.
westhamnick

Post by westhamnick »

pink palermo, i was referring to pauls comment not yours, of course, everyone is entitled to their opinion.
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place
Has liked: 748 likes
Total likes: 3444 likes

Post by Up the Junction »

westhamnick wrote:surely im allowed an opinion though?
Yes, as long as that opinion stays with the boundaries of what is and what isn't permitted by your terms and conditions of membership.

On which, it's still there in black and white Nick. As are the opinions of everyone who disagrees with you.
mywhufc

Post by mywhufc »

Looking at the Threads name, anyone else got a no flag or banner then.
The Rebirth
It's all about the confidence

Post by The Rebirth »

mywhufc wrote:Looking at the Threads name, anyone else got a no flag or banner then.
Doesn't appear so!