Now Hearn wants to ground share

An archive of news, events and discussion leading up to and post West Ham United's historic move from Upton Park to Stratford in 2016.

Moderators: Gnome, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Chicken Run Supreme
Has liked: 856 likes
Total likes: 823 likes

Re: Now Hearn wants to ground share

Post by Chicken Run Supreme »

I had the same dream, and I said F*CK OFF
HamburgHammer
Location: Too far away from Upton Park, Hamburg, Germany, to be precise
Has liked: 2 likes
Total likes: 7 likes

Post by HamburgHammer »

This man has no shame and all because he wants to earn a few extra bob by selling Brisbane Road. I'm just waiting for a quote along the lines "West Ham refusing to groundshare with Leyton Orient will destroy Orient as a club."
This man keeps changing his views from one day to the next and it's so blindingly obvious that he's not in it for the good of Leyton Orient but only his own personal wealth it's pathetic.

HOW could Orient pay for using the stadium anyway ? Or would West Ham be expected to pick up all the bills as orient are such a poor little club with an average attendance of 5.000 fans ?
Persil Tickets
Has liked: 19 likes
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by Persil Tickets »

Just out of interest I would love to here what that chap Malcolm from the Football Supporters Federation who was on here, up in arms about us moving so close to Orient would have to say about this.
HamburgHammer

Post by HamburgHammer »

Can someone try to decipher Hearn's way of thinking and explain the following to me ?

Us moving into the OS will be the death of Leyton Orient as presumably we will be offering cheap tickets to fill the OS which would drive everyone interested in watching Orient play football away from Brisbane Road and turn into West Ham fans.

Now he wants to groundshare with us in the same bloody OS. What's gonna happen now as both clubs will offer cheap tickets to fill the OS. Will the Orient fans still turn into West Ham fans and destroy Orient in the process ? Will they go to both clubs because they just can't decide which club they prefer ? Or will West Ham fans suddenly turn into Orient fans as Orient play the more attractive football ?

Orient have an average attendance of around 4000, yet their ground at Brisbane Road has a 10.000 capacity. Why can't Hearn offer cheaper tickets at Brisbane Road next season in order to fill the ground up to the rafters on a regular basis before he starts worrying about filling a 60.000 capacity stadium ?

The way I see it anyone who enjoys watching Orient can do so now at Brisbane Road which is a good sized stadium for the club and its supporters. How many more people would become regular Orient supporters IF Orient moved to the OS ? And who chooses their football team in relation to the football ground where they are playing anyway ? Why doesn't Hearn just come out and admit what we all know already ? That he is desperate to sell Brisbane Road, make a few extra millions out of it and see Orient die as a club trying to attract supporters to fill the OS ?
smuts
Has liked: 1500 likes
Total likes: 1440 likes

Post by smuts »

Brilliant article on the home page by Percy about Mr Hearn.... :clap:
Paddy O'Hammer
Has liked: 508 likes
Total likes: 162 likes

Post by Paddy O'Hammer »

G&S have already stated that Heran makes 'em laugh!
davids cross
Uncle David
Has liked: 674 likes
Total likes: 1289 likes

Post by davids cross »

Hope you enjoyed I'm Forever Blowing Bubbles at the Olympic Ceromony Bazzler.

8-)
Hammer110

Post by Hammer110 »

Well the LEDs behind the seats solves the issue of branding if we groundshare, only drawback is we can only play our matches afterdark :lol:
Adie64
Has liked: 463 likes

Post by Adie64 »

How long until Hearn moans at the unfair way Our Anthem was played during the Olympics without Little Old Orient being consulted. :lol:
mushy
Has liked: 640 likes
Total likes: 844 likes

Post by mushy »

HamburgHammer wrote:This man has no shame and all because he wants to earn a few extra bob by selling Brisbane Road. ?
Is this not what Gold and Sullivan are doing with West Ham?
beckton

Post by beckton »

mushy wrote: Is this not what Gold and Sullivan are doing with West Ham?

I think having two stadiums would be a bit greedy.
WestHamIFC

Post by WestHamIFC »

He's still not giving up.. :lol:

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11685/8310551/

Barry Hearn still hoping Leyton Orient could groundshare with West Ham at Olympic Stadium

Last Updated: December 5, 2012 3:29pm

Leyton Orient chairman Barry Hearn has not given up hope that his club could end up sharing the Olympic Stadium with West Ham.

The Hammers have been made preferred bidders by the London Legacy Development Corporation (LLDC) to become the new tenants of the stadium, a decision which did not surprise Hearn.

But Hearn says West Ham's move to Stratford would have a hugely negative impact on the O's.

And he believes there is a long way to go before the agreement is signed, sealed and delivered and insists Leyton Orient will explore every avenue before conceding defeat.

"I'm disappointed," he told Sky Sports News, "because it was our dream to move into the Olympic Stadium. This is not the best news I have ever had in my life. But I am not going to panic. There are certain questions to be asked about West Ham moving so close to us.

"I don't understand what harm there would be in a major Premier League club like West Ham and a community club like ours sharing the Olympic Stadium. It happens in France, it happens in Germany, it ticks a lot of boxes.

"And it would show that it's not just about cash. But I'm afraid in these difficult times, and with taxpayers money involved, it is all about cash. That's sad.

"We have to take stock of the situation and move on. We're up for ground-sharing. I understand West Ham's football tenancy is not necessarily exclusive.

"We're disappointed at stage one, but whose to say about stage two.

"One of the conditions of West Ham being the preferred bidder is that is cleared with the relevant football authorities. That's the key line. We believe it has not been cleared with the relevant football authorities to the satisfaction of Leyton Orient.

"Clearly if West Ham are moving to the Olympic Park, which is 750 feet away from our stadium, it's very difficult to believe that new fans in our local population will enter into any season ticket applications if they have a Premier League team on their doorstep - which wasn't there before - in a stadium that which has a capacity where they will be able to offer fabulously discounted deals.

"Ask yourself - if you were a kid in the Leyton area and West Ham were in the Olympic Stadium with spare capacity, where would you go?

"We are halfway through a dispute with the Premier League on the rules. They clearly feel they have done enough of an inquiry to grant West Ham permission. We feel they haven't."
orbital
Has liked: 90 likes
Total likes: 107 likes

Post by orbital »

WestHamIFC wrote: "Clearly if West Ham are moving to the Olympic Park, which is 750 feet away from our stadium"
Really Barry??!!
HamburgHammer

Post by HamburgHammer »

"We are halfway through a dispute with the Premier League on the rules. They clearly feel they have done enough of an inquiry to grant West Ham permission. We feel they haven't."

He really doesn't get it, does he ? We're moving within our own borough. In fact Orient moved into Leyton when we were in the area already, so if anyone has ever done any encroaching it's his club.
The Premier League has given thumbs up to us moving. If there are legal challenges for him to pursue I'd love to hear about 'em.

I'm sure when they extended the capacity at Brisbane Road they didn't ask West Ham or Dagenham&Redbridge for permission first. Just go away Hearn and stick to Snooker!
WestHamIFC

Post by WestHamIFC »

orbital wrote:
Really Barry??!!
I think the Park might be. Certainly not the Stadium..
Hayden
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 65 likes

Post by Hayden »

What a wretched little man he is...

At the same time he is trying to sabotage our move into the Olympic Stadium he is floating the idea of ground-sharing. A bit of a conflict there Barry and it hardly endears yourself to Gold and Sullivan. He's so desperate that he doesn't even know what he wants... other than two completely opposing ideas.

He's claiming that us moving closer to Orient would destroy their club... so he proposes they move even closer to US. Clever Barry... very clever.

His desperation is becoming embarrassing.
HamburgHammer

Post by HamburgHammer »

Hearn can't help it, he's had that Martin Luther King moment, remember ? The Olympic dream of Orient playing in the OS.Having to share with the club you've complained and moaned and ranted about all along? No problem. Having to pay rent and towards conversion, just like West Ham.
Come on, you can't expect us to do that! We're only a small, poor community club - we cannot afford that.
We only have an average attendance of 3728 at Brisbane Road.

Yet, once we move to the OS as London Orient we'll be bigger than West Ham. Why does nobody care for Hearn and poor little Orient ? Why can nobody see everything is flawed and unfair ?

If I was G&S I'd rather offer Dagenham&Redbridge to groundshare than Orient...
dplus91
Has liked: 28 likes
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by dplus91 »

Ever more desperate. I think he knows the game is up.

How would a groundshare be any better for keeping/attracting fans?
Denbighammer
Has liked: 697 likes
Total likes: 431 likes

Post by Denbighammer »

For about the millionth time. He just wants a bung to go away.
Rasp
Has liked: 47 likes
Total likes: 50 likes

Post by Rasp »

The man is a Fohb...