Now Hearn wants to ground share

An archive of news, events and discussion leading up to and post West Ham United's historic move from Upton Park to Stratford in 2016.

Moderators: Gnome, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

AJ
Location: Dreaming dreams, scheming schemes, building castles high

Re: Now Hearn wants to ground share

Post by AJ »

Anybody just seen BBC London News, Hearn reckons that their attendance figures will go from 5k to 25k, so lets see West Hams attendances will go up by roughly 45% but Orient will go up by over 200% :lol:
MEM

Post by MEM »

Two things Barry Boy

!) To quote yourself "Chumpionship rules specifically do not allow one club to move in to another clubs manor" ie the Sub borough of West Ham in the London Borough of Newham. and how is he going to get league permission for that in time to put a bid in? Foot shot Barry Boy

2) This is a competitive tender process with rules and regulations about releasing confidential information and in all probability collusion between tenderer's ~ West Ham have already submitted their bid and if they do not intend to re-submit then he had best keep all discussions between him and the Olympic Legacy Company. West Ham are not making the decision on who has rights to rent what in the stadium .....but we can of course decline to accept any sharing arrangements that don not meet our model

Once a C@#% always a C@#%
Denbighammer
Has liked: 697 likes
Total likes: 431 likes

Post by Denbighammer »

Moan all you like but I can well see this happening, it is the politicians wet dream. More usage of the White Elephant Area, less flack for building something nobody really wants or needs after 3 weeks of shot putt and spear chucking. Also, you instanrtly silence one of your biggest critics.
Rays Rock
Has liked: 46 likes
Total likes: 104 likes

Post by Rays Rock »

This just shows the mark of the man.
He's willing to publicly contradict himself for over 2 years worth of bullshite to make few more quid.
How humiliating if true.
This turd really would sell his own Grandmother if had the chance.
The trouble is I can see this happening just to shut the little pip squeak up. Let's hope this ends up costing him a fortune in the long run.
FreeWheeling
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 28 likes

Post by FreeWheeling »

Laughable idea at best
Hearns lot would have to be subbed every game, it would cost more to open the doors and switch the lights on in that stadium than the gate money recieved
HamburgHammer
Location: Too far away from Upton Park, Hamburg, Germany, to be precise
Has liked: 2 likes
Total likes: 7 likes

Post by HamburgHammer »

Rays Rock wrote:This just shows the mark of the man.
He's willing to publicly contradict himself for over 2 years worth of bullshite to make few more quid.
How humiliating if true. This turd really would sell his own Grandmother if had the chance.
You're wrong there - I know for a fact that Barry Hearn has sold both of his grandmothers already. They were dead and each was sold to ten different people, who are still trying to claim their money back from Hearn. Maybe that's why he's looking for some urgent dosh.

:lol:
frankiemac

Post by frankiemac »

apologies, i havent read all of this, im sure ive heard the prick quoted as saying he wouldnt ever move there as it would be unfair to make orient fans watch football there??

****er

balls to them, wheres the benefit to us?
York Ham(mer)
Has liked: 111 likes
Total likes: 149 likes

Post by York Ham(mer) »

Must be close to the top of the list of things that will never happen.
Johnny Byrne's Boots
Has liked: 1788 likes
Total likes: 2073 likes

Post by Johnny Byrne's Boots »

Now, when West Ham are yet again announced as the new tenants, does Hearn object to the move or not? :think:
Caribiron
Has liked: 99 likes
Total likes: 51 likes

Post by Caribiron »

I think a carefully worded 'thank you for your interest' letter, declining their generous offer, citing our primary concern being the likely future of the Os if both clubs were using the same stadium.

Simples.
the pink palermo
Huge noggin
Has liked: 759 likes
Total likes: 2943 likes

Post by the pink palermo »

Wait until the groundshare scheme with Spurs gets announced .............
Mr_Andersonn

Post by Mr_Andersonn »

So Hearn reckons Orients crowds will swell from 5000 to 25,000.

How many of those additional fans will be Hammers fans wanting to watch a game whilst our boys are away from home?

Sounds to me like Hearn has come round to the same thought process as our Chairman in that the OS will attract day trippers, even for Orient!
Mike420

Post by Mike420 »

Mr_Andersonn wrote:So Hearn reckons Orients crowds will swell from 5000 to 25,000.

How many of those additional fans will be Hammers fans wanting to watch a game whilst our boys are away from home?

Sounds to me like Hearn has come round to the same thought process as our Chairman in that the OS will attract day trippers, even for Orient!
Clapton Orient can do one.

If they somehow do end up sharing with us I'd urge west ham fans to boycott going to their games so they end up getting tiny crowds in a 60,000 seater and hopefully they'll fold.
Believer
Has liked: 1389 likes
Total likes: 735 likes

Post by Believer »

the pink palermo wrote:Wait until the groundshare scheme with Spurs gets announced .............
Thinking the exact same thing. Missing out on CL this season will IMO put their plans for their new stadium totally on the back burner. Chelsea, Man utd and Man City will all be spending heavily this season and I fancy Arsenal to make a fist of it too. Couple this with a resurgent Newcastle and possibly Liverpool and spuds could be looking at 5th, 6th or even 7th now. Keeping the likes of Modric and Bale with no CL will appear virtually impossible let alone the fact that they could potentially triple their wages elsewhere.

I would not be at all surprised if this is the reason that the date has been put back again........
Mike420

Post by Mike420 »

Didn't the Spuds drop their bid as the track had to be kept. It's no secret we were looking at retractable seating. I'm sure they must have considered that as a possibilty. I don't think Levy and co are naive enough to have factored in consistent CL football in order for their new stadium to go ahead.
IronMaiden123

Post by IronMaiden123 »

This is just another Hearn attempt to slow down, confuse and derail the process. He hasn't the slightest interest in ground sharing.
Iron-worx

Post by Iron-worx »

Mike420 wrote:Didn't the Spuds drop their bid as the track had to be kept. It's no secret we were looking at retractable seating. I'm sure they must have considered that as a possibilty. I don't think Levy and co are naive enough to have factored in consistent CL football in order for their new stadium to go ahead.
The filths involvement ended with barely a whimper to be heard, I think it was more to do with their not wanting anybody to be too aggressively pressing charges given what they'd been up to....

Nothing to do with running tracks I'd wager.
Iron-worx

Post by Iron-worx »

IronMaiden123 wrote:This is just another Hearn attempt to slow down, confuse and derail the process. He hasn't the slightest interest in ground sharing.
It's difficult to discern what his interest is because he's held just about every position on it possible - Just Google Hearn Olympic Stadium and see all the different things he's had to say over the passed few years, it's ****ing ridiculous.....
Iron-worx

Post by Iron-worx »

Mike420 wrote:Clapton Orient can do one.
Clapton Orient - crikey. I remember their old ground in Lea Bridge Road, my grandad used to tell how they were diddled out of it by the dog track way back before the war, he also said that there used to be a gun in the ground that fired at Zeppelins during the first world war....
Maroonmachine

Post by Maroonmachine »

Tell him we're taking it under consideration, stall him 'til we get the nod from Boris after the Olympics, then tell him we've decided no thanks.

I guess as part of the process he'd expect to see all our plans and proposals so far, just so he can change his mind and go squealing to the powers that be again, that we haven't followed due process somewhere else.

Wouldn't trust that f****r further than I could throw him horizontally!